The Festival (Pt. 1)

The Little Things [Discontinued Indefinitely]

 

3 days later…

[Jessica’s POV]

I was in the bathroom, staring blankly at myself in the mirror.

Crap… it was that day wasn’t it? I sighed and hung my head low. I’d been trying to mentally prepare myself for this day.

“Are you ready Sica~?” Sooyoung called from outside. At least someone was excited.

“I guess…” I coldly replied, staring at myself for one last time.

I can do this.

I walked out of the bathroom, where Sooyoung was waiting and grinned at me.

She held out her hand. “Let’s go~!”

I rolled my eyes, brushing past her hand. She awkwardly drew it back and followed me out the door.

--------

We neared the location, and I could already hear the booming music, and constant chatter of people, crowded in and around the school.

I closed my eyes, trying to rid the unsettling feeling developing in my stomach.

“Are you okay?” I heard Sooyoung ask, a little concerned.

I nodded. “I’m fine.”

Sooyoung lightly placed her hand on my shoulder. “We can head back if you’re not feeling good.”

I shook my head furiously. “I said I’m fine.” I said a little too coldly, as she retracted her hand quickly and glanced away awkwardly.

I just sighed and continued walking towards the doom that awaits.

We finally got to the gates. There was already a line forming to get in. I scanned the line, noticing a familiar, brown, curly-haired girl, waving at me with crescent eyes.

I smiled and walked over to her, Sooyoung still awkwardly trailing behind.

“Jessi! You made it!” Tiffany smiled widely.

I grinned back. “Yeah… unfortunately.” I grimaced a little.

“Don’t worry about it Jess… let’s just have some fun!” she excitedly jumped, locking her arm around mine.

I just shook my head and glanced at Sooyoung who was looking the other way.

‘She’s oddly quiet…’ I thought and felt a little guilty for telling her off earlier.

I nudged her and she looked at me. “You’re the one that wanted to come right? Why don’t you look uninterested?” I asked.

“Oh no, I’m just a little nervous for the dance competition. It’s a bigger turn up then I thought.” she chuckled nervously, scratching the back of her head.

“I’m sure you’ll do fine.” I smiled with assurance.

She returned the gesture and we finally got to the entrance. Where Nicole, one of our classmates, was the attendant.

“Hey, Tiffany, Sooyoung and… Jessica?!” she seemed obviously shocked by my attendance.

“I know, I know.” I said with a hint of annoyance.

She giggled. “Welcome! I hope you have a good time, be sure to check out the attractions like the face painting, haunted house, the play and dance competition!” she smiled brightly.

“Will do! Oh, and I hear you’re in the dance competition. Good luck!” Sooyoung grinned and winked at Nicole, who bent her head down and blushed shyly.

I was a little irritated and advanced forward, dragging Tiffany with me.

“Wait up Jessi! What’s the rush?” she asked, slightly resisting my pull.

Sooyoung caught up and I finally stopped tugging and let out a long sigh.

“Is something wrong?” Tiffany asked and I shook my head.

“I just didn’t want to hold up the line.” I half-lied.

“Okay, so where should we go first?” Sooyoung asked, looking at her map.

“We should go to the karaoke competition! It starts in 20 minutes!” Tiffany suggested. I groaned and it was her turn to pull me along, not really giving us the chance to retort.

We got closer to the sign-up table and Tiffany immediately wrote her name down and gave the pen to me.

I vigorously shook my head. “Are you crazy? No way!” I pushed the pen away.

She frowned. “Why not?”

“I don’t sing!” I huffed and she just pouted more.

Sooyoung walked up from behind me, grabbing the pen and scribbling down her name as well.  I looked at her, a little shocked.

“You sing?” I asked.

She smiled. “Why not?”

I shrugged. “Well I think I’ll just watch.” 

“Fine, but listen well okay?” Tiffany winked at me. I was a little confused by what she meant by that, but nonetheless, took a seat, a little farther away from the crowd of people.

The announcer was calling the contestants up one by one. I was pretty impressed by some of the talent of some of the students, while some… not so much.

They finally called Tiffany up and her eyes met with mine. She was nervous and I gave her a gesture of encouragement. She instantly perked up confidently.

The music began to play. She bowed her head and closed her eyes, feeling the music. I knew that she enjoyed singing, but I never actually got to hear her for myself, so I anticipated.

 

[Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsDvToOoTk]

 

I just have love alone but I can't even love

I can't even say the words that I really want to say

The love that is getting farther away

The words that I can't keep - they are making me cry…

 

The whole crowd swayed, as she sang.  She was really getting into the song, taking glances at me. Her eyes had longing, dejected look in them as she sang. I felt a small tug on my heartstring. She had a way of singing that moved the entire crowd.

She finished, and everyone cheered and clapped loudly. I was a little annoyed by the deafening sound, but gave Tiffany a thumbs up. She gave her famous eye-smile before walking off the stage.

The called up Sooyoung next. She held a look confidence and nodded at me.

The music began, and the crowd quieted down.

 

[Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QYd9GPR3hU]

 

Love me just like this, if you would never change,

You’re the only one that has all of me

I will never waver

You may be unsure, in the face of the unknowable future

But never forget that I love you

With that last line, she locked eyes with me… as if there was no one else in the crowd.

If it’s with you, I will be forever happy…

 

I couldn’t explain the feeling in my chest. It felt light and tingled a bit. As if time just stopped for a moment.

She continued to sing the song while I stayed frozen in my seat. Not being able to comprehend this foreign feeling.

After she finished, the crowd cheered and I snapped from my daze.

The announcer returned to the stage and calmed the crowd down.

“Okay! The judges are just tallying up the scores!”

Tiffany and Sooyoung emerged from behind the stage and joined me.

“What did you think Sica?” Sooyoung asked, smiling at me.

“Yeah, did you like it?” Tiffany asked, looking at me expectantly.

“You were both great!” I concluded, trying to avoid giving any more feedback.

They were obviously a little disappointed by my blunt response.

“Who do you think will win?” Sooyoung asked, pushing a little more.

“Uhh… I-“

“It’s okay, you can whisper it to me.” Tiffany also pushed on, leaning closer to me.

I backed away slightly. “You know, you weren’t the only two in the competition…” I tried to rationalize.

“Out of the two of us then.” 

Okay, seriously… what is their problem? I don’t want to choose…

Like music to my ears, the announcer came back to the stage to announce the winner.

“Okay, so it was tough. There was a lot of good competitors to choose from… but the one that came on top was…”

Everyone waited in anticipation, as the drum roll played.

“The winner of the annual karaoke contest is…”

I was getting irritated from all the tension. ‘Just say the damn winner already!’ I angrily thought.

“Tiffany Hwang!!”

The crowd cheered and clapped excitedly.

I glanced over at Tiffany who was literally jumping in happiness.

“I won Jessi!!” She sang and held my hands, still jumping. 

“Congrats!” I chuckled lightly at her childish behaviour.

“Can Tiffany Hwang please come to the stage for your prize!” The announcer called yet again, and Tiffany ran to the stage.

I looked over at Sooyoung, who sighed. I stood beside her.

“You were good too you know.” I commented and she looked down at me.

“Really? Not good enough I guess.” she sighed again, her bottom lip sticking out slightly.

I couldn’t help but find her pouting cute. I grabbed her cheek. “Aigoo, don’t pout~” I teased.

She pulled away, and pouted more while rubbing her cheek.

I just laughed as Tiffany bounced back to us and held up her small trophy.

“I also won a 50$ gift certificate for the mall! You know what that means Jessi~” she grinned.

I rolled my eyes. “We seriously need to see someone about your shopping addiction!”

She giggled. “I can’t help it you know!” she turned her attention to the giant who was observing quietly. “No hard feelings right Soo?” she asked,

Sooyoung shook her head. “It was just for fun anyways.”

“Good.” Tiffany smiled and looked at the map. “Why doesn’t Sooyoung choose where to go next?” she suggested. I didn’t argue and handed the map Sooyoung.

She glanced at it for a moment. “The play starts pretty soon, I hear Yoona is starring in it.”

We all agreed and headed towards the auditorium. 


 

Comments? :) 

This is just part one, I'll update again (tomorrow?) I hope, lol

So the songs I used are: 

Because It's You - Tiffany  / Happy Me - Sooyoung/Sunny - Originally by Tasha (T) 

~Rainey 

 

@Kirakaiwolf54: Yep LOTS of drama xD 

@xAngel101: Soosica <3 ^_^ 

@shaqluls: haha don't worry, Soo won't be a third wheel... I hope. O_O more drama to come :P 

@nerdiepanda: haha yea, Soosicfany drama to come! haha xD 

@kiwi_yuhi: Yeah Jessica is SUPER oblivious huh? The signs are all there! Wake up Sica~! XD 

@tacobell4life: Thanks for reading/subbing/commenting! Triple combo! lol You're probably the first JeTi shipper that I've seen comment so far xD I was thinking of adding more JeTi to this... should i? :) 

@ForeverSoosicaLOVE: haha okay, okay ^^ More drama to come... trust me lol Sorry for updating so late T.T I've been busy, but my last final is on Wednesday, so expect LOTS of updating afterwards :) 

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I love reading them, they make me so happy and they also give me ideas and make me want to update faster ^^ keke 

<3.