Feel free at last

I Never Expected It To Be This Way...[HIATUS]

              

         You were over the moon. You’ve done your best to face your examination – revision, extra class, hire tutor and etc. You were free, as free as the multitude bird flew to the horizon. As soon as you stepped out from the exam hall, your best friend, Hanna asked you to join your classmates going to the party that they planned a month ago. It was held at club owned by Hanna’s brother. You drove to the club by yourself.

         It was another one year you will leave high school. Next year, is your senior year. Another two months you’ll enter new semester, your senior year at high school. Next year you’ll face your last examination as high school student.

         As you entered the club, there was one song all you could hear. (The song was too loud).

Tell the DJ turn it up up up and da, da, dance a little more

Deo manheun bam, sumanhen bam I jinado

Geudaen eonjeggaji sonyeoil girl and we stay forever young

(Oh neo) Neomani hamkke kajullae

(Meolji anheun fantasy) Sangsangi gadeukhan I sesange

Kkeuteun eobseo Never end Yeogin Neverland

Cheoeum nunddeumyeon mideul su eobdae, gwaenchana na yeope isseulge

Geu nugudo jansori hal irhi eobdae, yeah geunyang da nae meotdaero hae

You, me, and the DJ dancing till the break of dawn…

No, no never gonna stop now Turn it up, let's party on...

 

 

Suddenly, someone poked your shoulder and took you back to reality. You turned to your left and saw Hanna was smiling.

“Hanna, what’s the name of this song?” you shouted at her. But she gave you a ‘What-did-you-say’ look.

“THE NAME OF THIS SONG…” you emphasised your word then she smiled.

“Neverland…” She yelled back. You smiled and followed her to her seat.

             As you took a seat Hanna asked the reason why you suddenly asked her the name of the song. You smiled. “The song a little catchy…the rhythm took me into Dreamland…”

            Your head prefect was enjoyed with the song and he was dancing like crazy. You were puzzled for a moment, why this night club didn’t serve any alcoholic drink? Well, at least served us with beer or wine or something new not just this plain orange juice. Finally you had remembered that Hanna’s brother owned this club and of course he didn’t want to serve that kind of drink to you - underage students.

             You finished your orange juice and walked through the crowd toward other section which far from the crowd. After a few seconds, your phone rang. You took out the phone and ‘Kiyoko’ name was on the screen. She is your best ‘cousin’.

Kyra: Hello?

Kiyoko: Kyra…Hey, what’s up?

Kyra: Feel free… (Smile) for a few months I guess.

Kiyoko: It’s fun in Korea. I hope you can come here and stay with me. You can continue your study here.

Kyra: Yeah, me too. I really want to go there. I miss you very much.

Kiyoko: Guess what? My workplace needs new staff…

Kyra: So…?

Kiyoko: I’ve accepted the job for you… Sounds great right?

Kyra: But…

Kiyoko: I’ve told your mother and she agreed.

Kyra: I’ll work as what?

Kiyoko: You’ll replace me as a tutor at Brain centre for a few months…

Kyra: Whoa…whoa, hold up. You said I’ll replace you. Why?

Kiyoko: I have to go to Singapore for a few months for visit my friend there, Candy. I need a replacement. So, you are the one who will replace me.

Kyra: Okay then…

Kiyoko: So I can’t fetch you at the airport... You have to take a cab and I’ll text you my address here.

Kyra: Okay (sound sad) I’m not staying there forever. Time is precious. MONEY!

Kiyoko: Hey…I’ll be back ASAP, okay?

Kyra: Yeah…I just want to meet you and that’s the reason I want to go there…not really. I want to visit the beautiful places there with you.

Kiyoko: I know but I really need to meet her.

Kyra: Okay, bye

Kiyoko: Bye

You sighed heavily. You really miss your cousin. Kiyoko Matsumoto. However, you had a chance to go there, Korea. The place you admire most. A place that you are very sure will give you lots of memory.

You soared higher tonight than you normally would. (You was over the moon, remember?) The sky was dark and cloudless ocean of midnight blues and twinkling whites and yellows. There were thousands stars.  Finally, you’ll be there. “Seoul, I’ll be there…” you thought.

 

_______________________________________________________

          You glanced to your watch it was 10.30 a.m. The airport was now crowd with swarm of stranger. The atmosphere was generally hustle and bustle. People were coming, people were going and it seemed everyone was anxious to be somewhere else.

          You looked through the bustling people and saw there was a lot of hurry and a lot of hugs.

          As you arrived at the departure hall, you let Hanna’s hand go. You hugged her. “You’re very lucky girl…You can go to Korea for holidays.”

          “It’s not for holiday, Hanna. I had to work.” You replied. “I’ll work part-time job. Don’t worry my BFF, I’ll be back next two months.

          “Akira, always call me, okay?” Hanna beamed dimly. You nodded.

          “I guess it’s time for me to go… love you mom…” You said trying your best to hold your excitement. Your head could explode if you hold it much longer.

          “Keep in touch honey…” she reached your face. You waved at them.

          “Akira, who will fetch you there?” your mom asked worriedly.

          “Oppa…” You went up to the departure hall merrily.

          “Mrs. Matsumoto, do you have other son? When did she have a brother? As I know, she is the only child you have.

          “Yes…She meant his foster brother…” your mom replied. They walked away. The airplane departed from the Osaka International Airport.

_______________________________________________________

          You walked out of the arrival hall at the Incheon International Airport. You waited impatiently. You couldn’t stay at one place for one minute. You wanted to explore everything.

          You smoothed your Faux Fur-Detail Belted Knit Dress.

                      

         Someone patted your shoulder and you swiftly turned back.

 

         “Oppa!” you hugged him and he grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the airport.

         Both of you ran toward his car. He removed his hood and said: “Mianhae, you have to be in a great hurry because of me…Well, I’m an idol.”

         You smiled from ear to ear. “It’s okay…and you look handsome” He smiled and droved away from the airport.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HOw's my frist chapter...A little bit boring right? I know...But this is the best I could give to you...