love affair 2.1

A Fair Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5

 

 

 

She doesn’t know, if it’s the money he gave her, the Champagne she hasn’t even sip, the sunset they enjoy from a yacht, or just simply the feeling, because the next thing she knew, she’s leaning toward Jiyong and kiss him.

She immediately pull herself off when she realized what she just did. But Jiyong run his thumb on her chin, pull it softly and tilt his head.

He kissed her lips softly, enveloping her upper lip, trapping it between his. Chaerin return it with the right amount of pressing on his lips.

And when they’re detached, they really don’t know where to look. Chaerin look down.

“I—I don’t know what was that for…” Chaerin murmured.

“Maybe you just happy because I gave you… you know… the money.”

Chaerin nodded, “Yeah… I guess I was showing some gratitude.”

“Yes…” he nodded, “that was gratitude.”

 

+

 

Dara sips her coffee, she hasn’t been home for two days.

“Got it!” Youngbae stretched his arms, he also stayed at the office with Dara, they’ve been investigating everything by themselves with some helps from certain parties.

“You got the data already?” she asked, they were looking for owner of private jets crossing Chian and Turkey ATC on the day Jiyong and Chaerin missing.

“Yeah, I just got email from my people.” Youngbae said.

“And?”

“And… there were three falcon jets, one owned by an Arabian prince, one is a chartered from Los Angeles, and the last one owned by Turkish government.” He said.

Dara rubbed her chin, “That’s strange… none of it seems to be related to our jet…”

“Dara, the jet was send by a kidnaper, of course it has nothing to do with ours… but don’t you think one jet from those three is suspicious?”

“Which one?’

“The one chartered from LA.”

Dar gasped, “Oh my God!”

 

+

 

“Look!” Chaerin showed a paper bag to Jiyong.

“New clothes?” he asked while get into their small room at the motel.

Now Chaerin and Jiyong live mostly at the motel, but they still back to the house sometimes.

Chaerin excitedly nodded, “You know back then I always have around 20 paper bags and boxes, I’m just excited when I pick them all—I picked them real quick ‘I want this that this that’ I’d be pointing out like that” she made gestures. Jiyong watch her talking, “and I don’t really care about them anymore after I get home.”

“Alright…” Jiyong replied.

“But today, I spent hours! Picking up some clothes, trying them on, narrowing my pick ups… trying them on again.” She laughs.

“Doesn’t it sad?”

“Uhm… not at all.” She shrugged, “its just… human.”

“What do you mean?”

“I never experience it before, doesn’t mean that I like to be like this… but I can feel myself more, I know what I want, not just picking all the options you know, but I gotta choose and it makes feel more alive.”

Jiyong smiles, “Ok, I get it… you’re excited. Now show me the dress.”

Chaerin pull one cute summer dress from her shopping bag. [pic]

“Cute.”

“And its only 20 euros!” she said.

“Whoa…” he chuckles. “Anyway, since you have the new dress, why don’t we celebrate it with dinner outside?”

“Where? Balcony?”

“No… pick some place.” Jiyong said.

“But we only have 30 euros.” She said, “I don’t know what food we can afford.”

“I’m sure there’s some cheap Italian restaurant out there.” Jiyong said. “oh guess what, yesterday a guest talking about this famous grilled lamb, it’s a traditional food here. wanna try them?”

“I know that one, I saw it in the city, its expensive, its around 50 euros each person.” Chaerin said.

“We have that 100 from Andrea.”

Chaerin paused. “Oppa, you said that’s for the Golconda.”

“Yeah but I can always drive for anyone’s yacht again, in fact, you just gave me idea to have another part time work.”

“You’re not exhausting yourself more, okay?” Chaerin said.

“It’s okay! I just want us to still able to enjoy life.”

“Listen, do you wanted us to save for the Golconda? Or enjoying life? Wasting money we don’t have to buy things we don’t need and food we don’t even know we’ll like it or not.” She asked, “Because we can’t afford it all!”

Jiyong stopped. “You know what, I was so happy seeing you so excited for having that stupid dress and I just tried not to kill your happiness, I don’t know why you killed mine.”

 

+

 

Mr. Yang tapped his desk, he just got the news from Youngbae and Dara, they left to LA.

“Are they really going to see Ash by themselves?” Sonho asked Mr. Yang.

“I’m afraid so.” Mr. Yang replied. Youngbae had left him a long email expla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter