life affair 2.1

A Fair Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3

 

 

It is almost the third week they’re stranded in an unknown beautiful city, and as promised, Chaerin learning how to cook simple food from Theia and that’s how she knew Theia is really good at cooking traditional food, she don’t know the name of the city they’re in yet, but she gets more assured that they’re in Greece because Theia show her how to make Greece salad with their infamous cheese with helps from Agatha, Eddie’s cousins and daughter of Theia. She’s there for the weekend because she works at another part of the city, she’s also speaks very little English, a little worse than Eddie’s English which already bad.

Today Theia gave her a big jar of greek yoghurt when she succeeded in making Saganaki, a fried cheese, it’s easy but for Chaerin frying things is so hard because she will run as far as she could when the oil splashing.

“I’m gonna make a good breakfast for Jiyong with this yoghurt.” She smiles.

Agatha smiles, “You and him, good.” She raised up both thumbs.

“Nah… we argue a lot, fighting, you know, fight.”

“It funny!” she chuckles, “Fighting means love.”

“How can fighting means love.” Chaerin scoffed. “Anyway, so you’re and Eddie are cousins?”

“Eddie! Yes, cousins. He want me work at motel.”

“Then why not?”

“Maybe I want. Help him, because motel is so precious.”

“The motel is Eddie’s?” Chaerin surprised.

“Huh?”

“Eddie owns the motel?”

“Ah yes yes, from father.” Agatha said.

“Oh my God, I thought he only work there…”

“No, no, Eddie owner but so poor because no tourist, no people sleep there.” Agatha explains.

“Oh I see…”

Suddenly some people run towards them while pointing at Chaerin.

“What happened?" Chaerin asked.

They spoke to Agatha and she gasped.

“What??” Chaerin panicking.

“Husband, Chaerin husband accident!!”

 

+

 

Chaerin run through the clinic hallway and found Jiyong at the ER.

“Oppa, oppa, wha happened?”

Jiyong lied down at a small bed, “Uh… maybe shoulder sprain, Chae… I fell when I help some local farmers.”

“Sprain?”

He grunts, seems like it really hurt. Chaerin check the shoulder, however she’s familiar with medic even though she’s not a doctor and she’s a little suspicious that this is not only a muscle sprained.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure… there’s no wound…” Jiyong said. “A doctor and nurse talked to me before about my condition but I couldn’t understand anything.”

“Mrs Kwon? Can I speak to you?” a doctor came, “I’m Dr. Clark. I’m the voluntary doctor here, they say you can’t speak local language.”

“Thank God you speak English, how’s he?” Chaerin asked Dr. Clark.

She and Dr. Clark went to another corner of the ER, “We need to do the x-ray.”

“I knew it! It might a bone fracture, right??”

Dr. Clark nodded,

“Then do it.” She said.

“Ma’am, the thing is… we need you to do the deposit for all treatment.”

Chaerin paused, “well…”

“That’s what they are trying to tell you.” He pointed at the doctors and nurses before.

“Oh, really? They didn’t try to tell me about my husband’s condition?”

Dr. Clark shook his head.

“A deposit… how much?”

“If we find some bone fracture, we might need to do surgery, the level is unknown, but maybe it cost you around 1000-1800 euros.” He explained, “Excluding the treatment and x-ray.”

Chaerin startled. “1800…” she murmured.

Dr. Clark nodded.

“Hey, Doc, do you know Lee Medical?”

“I think so, I had some professors from there.” Dr. Clark said, “Why you suddenly…”

“That company is mine.”

Dr. Clark stopped.

“I’m Lee Chaerin, the heiress of Lee Medical, so, you can actually treat my husband and I promise you I will pay for it. Google it if you have cellphone. Please!”

Dr. Clark paused, “Ma’am… you’re not the only one saying that.” He smiles, “many people told me that when they don’t have money to pay the medication, someone even told me that she’s the cousin of Queen Elizabeth.”

“But Doc, I’m telling you the truth—“

“Ma’am… I’m really sorry, I just trying to help you because I speak English… please, don’t make it harder for me.”

 

Chaerin has to bring Jiyong back to the house because they refuse to give him a room.

Now Jiyong is sleeping while she cook dinner, she’s stirring the soup and her mind go somewhere else.

1000-1800 euros?? Where will I get that much money? She sighed, in her life, Chaerin had many problems, but money surely never is one of it… until today. She took a deep breath and feel a tear coming down, she wiped it right away. “I never knew I could cry because I don’t have money…” she ironically chuckles.

“Chae…” Jiyong faintly called her, she just finished cooking when Jiyong woke up.

“Wanna eat something?” she asked.

“Yeah, I kind of hungry.”

“I’ll help you.” She brought him the food.

“My right hand is alri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter