The Disastrous Wedding

That Drunken Night When I Met My Bias (BTS x OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter Twenty-Four: The Disastrous Wedding [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 

 

 

"Pretend to be your girlfriend? What?" I asked, still quite shocked.

Yoongi nodded, "I need you to do that." He moved his hands from my shoulders and my crossed my arms at him, "What's this about? I need to know, oppa." 

What was happening with Yoongi? He didn't seem like the type who'd ask favours like this, unless it was really serious. 

Yoongi's lips curled upwards slightly, his eyes flashing with an unreadable emotion. "I'll..tell you later, Eunjae. For now, just agree...please." the last word which left his mouth came out as a whisper and I froze.

Yoongi sounded so vulnerable at that moment. 

The words naturally came out, "Okay, I accept it." I can't resist helping someone who was almost begging me. Especially if it was Yoongi. 

I wondered what his problem was that he'd ask me such a favour. Was there some ex-girlfriend who he wanted to make jealous? 

Yoongi smiled at me, "Alright, thanks. I'll pick you up and we can drive." 

"Where's the wedding, by the way?" I questioned, not wanting to drag on the topic as I felt Yoongi would be uncomfortable with it. "Daegu." He nonchalantly replied, "We'll leave early in the morning and be back by midnight." He glanced away from me to admire the morning view. 

I nodded, "Okay, seems pretty good." He grinned, "Thanks for agreeing to come." what has the world come to? Yoongi thanking me? 

"You're welcome-" I said but he cut me off, "Don't you have college?" 

I shrugged, "I'll skip it. Big deal." He rolled his eyes, "That's why you shouldn't drink so much." My jaw dropped open as he blinked, "Ah, that's right, take this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a phone, "It's perfectly fine." He tapped it to my forehead and I yelped, grabbing it when he dropped it. 

"My phone!" I exclaimed in joy, hugging it to my chest. Yoongi snorted, staring at me, "Did you really miss it? You even bought a new phone." 

I glared playfully at him, "Ah, why are you being like that? Let me reunite with my phone peacefully." Yoongi rolled his eyes, probably finding me acting like such a child. He walked past me, flicking my forehead as he did so. I protested and he paid no heed. He left the balcony and I decided that going home would be the best.

Plus, I needed to catch up on my lost sleep.

____ 

Soon enough, the day of the wedding rolled by. I exited the house dressed in normal clothes. Yoongi had told that we'd be stopping by at his friend's house in Daegu and so I just packed the dress I'd be wearing. 

I hadn't actually told anyone about the wedding, yes, not even Hyerim. I felt like Yoongi wanted me to keep it a secret, it seemed to be something personal. I was genuinely concerned for the male; just what had made him ask a girl to pretend to be his girlfriend? 

I checked my small travel bag, before exiting the apartment. Yoongi was already waiting for me at the parking lot when I reached there. 

"You look surprisingly underdressed for the occasion." He commented as I reached the car and I rolled my eyes, "Oppa, you told me that we'll be stopping by somewhere. I'll just dress up there." I shrugged and he half-smiled, maybe in amusement. 

He didn't look like he was dressed up as well. He had on a casual shirt and comfortable pants. He tapped the car and got into the driver seat while I settled down into the passenger seat, throwing my travel bag into the back seat. 

Settling down, the two of us settled down. We'd be taking turns driving to Daegu so that none of us gets tired.

The journey was around three hours and I slept for the majority of the first hour, having lost my sleep the previous night after watching the new episode of "We Got Married" where Jungkook had been kissed on the cheek by June. It hurt my heart bad. I had a feeling that Jungkook was moving on, he had smiled at June when she had done the action. 

He had never smiled that way at me. 

Was I jealous? Yes. I was. 

Did I deserve to be jealous? 

No. This was what I wanted, good thing it happened...right? 

"Eunjae." Yoongi's voice woke me up and I realized we were at the halfway point already, "Do you want to continue sleeping? I can drive if you want-" 

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes, "Nope, I'll do it. You must be tired, I'll take over." His face showed that he was extremely tired.

He smiled a small smile at me, "Thanks." The two of us exchanged our places and I tightened the seatbelt around myself, Yoongi doing the same. As we set off, I glanced at the mirror. Yoongi was looking out of the window, his face lost as his eyes seemed completely blank. He seemed less enthusiastic than he usually was on this day. 

"Yoongi-oppa?" I asked and I could feel his eyes training on me, "Why did you ask me to be your pretend girlfriend? You told me you'll let me know-" 

"It's a long story." He sighed out and I puffed my cheeks, "I can listen the entire time." Yoongi glanced at me, fixing his stare on me. His eyes wavered and I realized it was something very personal. 

Thinking about Yoongi spilling his personal matters to me made my heart waver. I was actually a friend to him...wasn't I?

"I...won't judge." I assured, smiling kindly. I was in no position to judge, when I myself had so many problems to deal with. 

Yoongi sighed yet again, staring out of the car window as he leaned his head against it, "I... the wedding we're going to is my ex-girlfriend's." 

Wow, daebak. I'd guessed right. 

"Ex-girlfriend...didn't you part on good terms?" I inquired, "You seemed to be angry on the phone the other day." Yoongi's eyes seemed lost of all emotions as he spoke in a monotone voice, "She.. cheated on me with my best friend at that time." 

I nodded my head in understanding, until he cut in again, "I know, I can choose to just not attend the wedding... but I don't want her to think that I can't move on from her." His voice quivered at the end and I realized that he was trying hard to put up a strong demeanor. 

"Yoongi-oppa, did it hurt you so much that you went into depression?" I carefully asked and he smiled, a hopeless smile, "it wasn't the main reason for my depression, but yes, it was a contributing factor." 

I glanced at the male who was just staring lifelessly at the view outside, "Do you still...?" 

"Love her?" Yoongi replied and he shook his head, turning to look at me, "I don't. At least, not anymore. I'm serious about this. But.." he sighed, "I guess I just want her to experience the pain she gave me, even if it's in the most silliest way possible." 

How is it that Yoongi and my thoughts match so perfectly? 

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, my eyes turning hard. I'm going to make sure the girl gets a taste of her own medicine. 

"You seem angry." Yoongi smiled as he commented and I denied it, "No, oppa. I'm just- my fingers feel cramped and-"

Yoongi silenced me with a "shh" as he placed his hand on top of my knee, tapping his fingers reassuringly on it, "It was in the past. Don't worry so much about it." 

I shook my head, and he grinned, "Are you still up for the pretend girlfriend thing?" 

I smiled coyly at him, "When did I say I wouldn't be doing it? I'm gonna try my best at this." 

Yoongi crinkled his nose as he grinned, "You're so cute sometimes. I like this attitude." I stuck my tongue out, "I'm cute all the time, you just don't know it, oppa." 

He chuckled, "I'm not even going to argue with that." He settled his head on the headrest, turning to stare at me, "I'm going to be sleeping until we reach then-" 

I nodded, "Okay, oppa, I'll wake you up when we reach." 

I giggled lowly as I saw Yoongi fall asleep immediately. He must have been really stressed by the fact that he was going to attend his ex's wedding, the one who had caused him so much pain. 

Focusing on driving, we managed to reach in another hour. His friend's place was apparently a salon. 

I looked over at Yoongi who was fast asleep, "How do I even wake him up?" 

I opened my seat belt as I leaned over, pushing Yoongi's shoulder slightly, "Oppa, we're here, get up-" 

He cut me off, "Five more minutes, Jin-hyung." He groaned as he stirred in his sleep. 

My YoonJin heart can't handle this. That was so adorable! I could feel myself blushing, my cheeks turning hot as the inner fangirl in me became activated. 

Trying yet again to wake him up, I managed to make him move his head around. "Yoongi-oppa, you have to wake up. You can't be sleeping like this-" 

A hand came across my waist and pulled me straight into his chest. My breath hitched as I leaned against his body, his arm securely bound around my waist, "Shut up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter