Stuck in an elevator

That Drunken Night When I Met My Bias (BTS x OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter Fourteen: Stuck in an elevator [/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Eunjae.." a voice whispered as my eyes twitched. "Noona.." the voice whispered again and my eyes shot open. "Jungkook..?" I let out a whisper, my eyes widening as the younger boy shed tears, walking closer to me, "I really love you.. why are you so scared?" 

I gasped as I felt a hand slap me awake. "Yah, Kim Eunjae!" My eyes snapped open and I almost screamed when Yoon Hyerim scoffed, "I know you're heartbroken and all that, but you've been in bed for the entire day yesterday. Come on, we have a competition today!" 

I stared at her blankly and she rolled her eyes, "did you forget? We have to go present our designs." 

Oh yeah, that was there. There was a dream job which Hyerim and I had: it was of being designers of outfits for KPOP groups. We actually became friends due to the mutual interest. 

"Yeah. Let's win it today! It's at KBS, right?" I perked up, pushing myself out of bed and stumbling immediately. Hyerim tutted, pushing me to the washroom in her room, "You stink. Go get cleaned up first!" I nodded and walked in, shutting the door. I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes widening at my state. 

My eyes had huge bags around them, and I looked like a literal zombie. My hair was all messed up and my eyes were quite red. 

It had been two days since I had spoken to Jungkook. Two days since I broke up with him. Two days since I started crying. 

Alright. I decided. Let me freshen up and forget about this.. 

I cleaned myself up by taking a refreshing shower and looked at the time. It was currently two in the afternoon, and the competition began at four. All we had to do was submit our designs and give a presentation, according to which we would be assigned to a group depending on if we won the contest. There were five places to be won. I really hoped we'd win it since we'd been working on designs since the starting of freshman year. 

"Eunjae! Come out!" Hyerim shouted and I did so, smiling slightly at her. She clicked her tongue and pulled me over to her dressing table, seating me. "Hye-?" I asked but she murmured a 'shh'. "You look horrible. We're going to a presentation, let me make you up a little bit.." Hyerim skillfully applied makeup onto my face and when I opened my eyes when she finished, I almost melted in satisfaction. I looked absolutely fresh, not a sign of dark circles around my eyes. 

"Hyerim-ah, you're such a genius at this!" I gushed and she proudly smiled, "Of course, ****. I'm the best." I clicked my tongue at her foul mouth and she clapped her hands together, "One more thing! Today, forget your glasses! Just wear the contacts you have!" I bit my lip, although it wasn't my favourite choice, I decided to listen to my genius best friend.

I nodded my head excitedly, momentarily forgetting my problems. I'd conquer this competition with Hyerim. 

______

"Please present your design." The judges informed us and Hyerim and I nodded at each other, checking if our stuff was ready. 

We gave the presentation exactly like we had practiced and it went quite smoothly if I do say so myself, until we ended the presentation and bowed. One of the judges asked us a question, just like I had predicted. 

"Why do you feel that the idol should wear clothes which goes along with their personality? Wouldn't it be against the concept if this became a trend?"

I smiled confidently, answering, "It wouldn't be right if the idol didn't like what they wear. They should feel comfortable with what they wear, it'd be amazing if it suited their tastes and matched their personalities. They'd be more unique in that way, catering them to more audiences. Also, the clothes can be designed in such a way that they can keep up with the concept and at the same time satisfy the idol. We are confident that we have the ability to do this." I ended, bowing. The judge seemed satisfied and they told us we could leave, the result would be announced later. 

There was no way we would lose. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. 

Hyerim and I left the area and highfived, Hyerim hugging me, "Yah, Kim Eunjae, you were so cool!" I sighed, my knees weak, "Ah, I almost died there, phew, thank god it's over." Hyerim slapped my shoulder, flashing me a thumbs-up. "As expected from the top of our college." I grinned, "I know, right?" I boasted and we both laughed, finally glad that we had a smooth presentation. 

Hyerim and I stopped talking when we heard loud screams. Hyerim and my phone started beeping loudly, and I checked it. 

"Daebak. Bangtan is having a surprise performance here, right now, followed by an interview." Hyerim read out, "to think it was kept a secret from us..KBS.." Hyerim turned to look at me hopefully and I shook my head, "you can go..I'm fine." I cracked a small smile and Hyerim hugged me again, squealing, "See you at home later, then! Cheer up, okay? Fighting, *****!" Hyerim colourfully exclaimed and I flipped my hair, "of course. I'm the best." 

She rolled her eyes and ran towards the screams with most of our stuff. I only had the pendrive with the presentation and I placed it safely in my bag, turning around to head towards the elevator until someone stopped me, "Kim Eunjae-sshi?" 

I looked at the formal voice and noticed that it was a man from the competition. He was the one who had been calling out our names, "The executive wants to see you. It seems he was very pleased to hear your answer." I blinked in surprise, pointing to myself, "Me?" He nodded, smiling at my expression slightly, probably cause I was such a kid, "His office is in the floor below. Please lend us your time." The man bowed and I smiled back, "Sure, it's my pleasure." 

The man beckoned me to follow him, and I did so. He took me into the "VIP- only" elevator and I was honestly shocked at how grand it was. I was directed to the executive's office and I entered after knocking, not before taking a deep breath.

I entered, smiling. It was the judg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter