With You

You Are My Sunshine

“It’s probably best to do this somewhere private” His mother suggested, “Why don’t you go up to your room and we’ll meet you up there soon.”. Hoseok nodded, “That’s a good idea, do you mind grabbing my stuff on the way back in?”.  

 

“Of course honey and Minsoo, welcome to the family, I know that everyone is going to love you.” His mother added before making his way back to the rest of the group, who were still staring at Hoseok.

 

Avoiding their stares, Hoseok grabbed Minsoos hand and pulled the smaller into the hotel, “So why was the guy at the bar trying to get you to study, aren’t you here on vacation?” Hoseok questioned. Minsoo rolled his eyes, “I wish. My uncle owns the hotel and I’m staying here for a few months, my parents are always in some obscure country and so I get shipped off to my other family members whenever they disappear.”.

 

Hoseok frowned, he could tell Minsoo was sad that his parents were always away, Minsoo glanced up at him and smiled, “Don’t feel bad, I’m used to it now.”. The two of them entered the elevator and Hoseok pressed the button for his floor. 

 

“Thankfully, I get to go home soon, my parents are allowing me to stay at our house, it took me ages to convince them, but finally they gave in.” Minsoo added. Hoseok felt a spike of happiness, he hadn’t really thought about the fact that Minsoo would be staying in Barcelona, “Where abouts do you live?”, he inquired.

 

Minsoo tapped his lip and hummed in thought, “Let me check.” He retrieved his mobile from his pocket and tapped it a few times, he then showed the screen to Hoseok, displayed on it was a map, zoomed in to show the area.

 

Hoseok studied the map for a second, eyebrows furrowing as he tried to work out why it looked so familiar, Minsoo moved the map so that it was showing another destination, “This is where I’m studying.”.

 

Hoseok let out a laugh as he finally realised why it was so familiar, Minsoo sent him a look of confusion, “What’s up?”.

 

Hoseok grinned at him, “Well besides the fact you live five minutes away from me, we’re going to be at the same college as well.”.

 

Minsoos face lit up, “Really?!”. Hoseok nodded, his smile was uncontrollable, he was ecstatic that Minsoo would be so close to him.

 

“Ah!” Minsoo began, a pout forming on his face, “I’m only going back in a month, I’m guessing you won’t be here that long.”. Hoseok felt his heart twist at the thought of having to be apart from Minsoo, he could feel Minsoos sadness and gave him a reassuring smile, “I’m only here for a week, but I promise that I’ll be waiting for you until you come back.”.

 

Minsoo grinned, “And I’ll be missing you every day.”. The elevator let out a ding and the doors slid open, the two walked down the hallway and stopped at Hoseoks door, he slid his key card into the lock and entered the room, Minsoo following closely behind.

 

Hoseok took a seat on the bed and Minsoo sat beside him, Minsoo leant against Hoseoks side, resting his head against Hoseoks shoulder.

 

Hoseok could feel Minsoos nervousness, he took the smaller hand and gave it a squeeze, “Don’t be worried, everyone is going to love you.” He promised.

 

Minsoo gave him an unsure look, “Are you sure, I mean there were so many people.”.

 

Hoseok nodded, “They’re all really nice, all of the younger ones grew up with me in the orphanage, our parents adopted us all together, they’re our age and I can assure you they are some of the nicest people ever.”.

 

Minsoo smiled, “That’s so nice, do you think they’ll mind me intruding into your family?”, Hoseok could tell that Minsoo was genuinely concerned about being an nuisance.

 

He brought up their linked hands and pressed a kiss to the back of Minsoos, “I promise they will adore you.”. Before another word could be said, a knock sounded at the door, sending one last smile to Minsoo, Hoseok rose and went to the door.

 

~

 

Minseok walked back to the rest of the group, excitement running through him, he just couldn’t believe that this had happened. He was so proud of his son and unbelievably excited, he had never guessed that Hoseok would have a soulmate.

 

He met Jongdaes gaze and could feel his confusion, he grinned at his soulmate as he neared the group, Jongdae waded over to the edge of the pool, resting his arms on the side, “So what was all that about?” Jongdae inquired, the others had drawn near, it was clear that everyone was curious as well.

 

Minseok grinned down at Jongdae, “You’ll find out very soon, I promise, but for now everyone needs to come up to Hoseoks room, he has something to tell everyone.”. The group sent each other looks of confusion but moved to follow Minseoks orders regardless. Minseok gathered both his and Hoseoks things and began to make his way inside, he couldn’t wait for everyone to hear the news, and he definitely couldn’t wait to properly meet Minsoo, the younger boy really was adorable and he could tell that the younger was a good kid.

 

The entire group dried themselves off and followed Minseok inside, the ride up in the elevator was spent in silence, Minseok refusing to give anything away, despite the instant stares he was getting from the others. Once they were outside the room, he turned to the group, “Right I need he kids to wait outside for a minute, I promise we won’t be long.”.

 

No one questioned his words, the kids collected themselves at one side whilst Minseok knocked on the door, Hoseok opened it and moved back to let in the adults, Luhan was the last to enter and he closed the door after himself, Hoseok sent Minseok a confused glance, “They’ll come in in a moment, we need to explain to the others first.” Minseok explained, Hoseok nodded and took a seat on the bed once again, next to a very shy looking Minsoo. The adults took various seats around the room, on chairs, tables and counters, all looking at Minseok with expectant gazes.

 

“So...Are you going to tell us now?” Baekhyun questioned. Minseok grinned and nodded, he turned to Minsoo and held a hand out, the younger took it and Minseok pulled him up to stand next to him, “This is Minsoo, he’s Hoseoks soulmate.”.

 

At his words, the others eyes widened and the stared at Minsoo and Hoseok with similarly shocked expressions, “But...I thought the kids didn’t have soulmates.” Tao interrupted the silence, “I didn’t think so either, but it seems only Hoseok has one.” Minseok replied.

 

Slowly, one by one, the adults began to smile, “That’s amazing, I’m so happy for you two.” Yixing added. “I think that goes for all of us.” Jongdae noted, a proud smile on his face as he looked at his son.

 

“The reason I asked the kids to stay outside it because, obviously, they wouldn’t understand any of this, however, I think we should tell them, I think it would be rather difficult to explain how Hoseok and Minsoo are now together, considering they only met today.” Minseok revealed, the group nodded in agreement. 

 

“Before that, we should probably introduce ourselves, since there are a lot of us, it would be better to split up the amount of people.” Junmyeon suggested.

 

Minseok gave Minsoo a warm smile, the younger had been rather quiet since they had entered the room, clearly somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of people, “You already know me, I’m Hoseoks mother, Minseok, that’s Jongdae, he’s Hoseok father,” He added, pointing to his own soulmate, he then gestured to each of the other couples, “Kris and Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Junmyeon and Yixing, Kyungsoo and Jongin, and Sehun and Luhan.” Each of the couples gave Minsoo a wave as they were mentioned. 

 

Minsoo gave them a small smile in return, “As you probably know, I’m Minsoo, it’s very nice to meet you all.”. The other mothers in the room cooed at the young boy, “He’s adorable.” Kyungsoo commented, Minsoo blushed lightly and the others laughed at how cute his reaction was.

 

“Don’t embarrass him,” Yixing stated, “And we should let the kids in, they’re most likely wondering why we made them wait outside.

 

Minseok went to the door and opened it, the kids turned to look at him expectantly, “Come on in, we have something to tell you.”.

 

~

 

Minsoo watched as Hoseoks mother went to let in the other boys, he felt a hand grasp his and he turned to find Hoseok smiling at him, he allowed his soulmate to pull him back on to the bed and entwine the hands together. He was grateful for the support Hoseok provided, his soulmate made him feel safe and welcome in the room full of strangers.

 

He was still nervous, but not as much as he had been, all of the adults seemed really nice, especially Hoseoks mother, he had to admit he was worried about the boys that were his age.

 

Minsoo looked up as the boys entered, all of them sending quizzical glances his way, once they were seated, mostly on the floor due to the lack of seats, Minseok began to speak again, “I’m sure you are all wondering why you’re here.” He began, the kids nodded.

 

Minsoo watched their reactions as Minseok explained about the concept of soulmates, much like Minsoo had done earlier when he was telling Hoseok. “I’m sure it all sounds incredibly strange to all of you, but it’s true and all of your parents are soulmates.” Minseok concluded, the kids had slightly shocked expressions, each of them glancing to the people Minsoo figured were their parents.

 

“What does this have to do with Hoseok.” One of the boys questioned, the boys all looked in Minsoos direction, and he felt a need to hide away from all the staring he was being subjected to.

 

Minseok smiled warmly in his direction, “It was rather unexpected, but it seems as though Hoseok has a soulmate as well, this is Minsoo.”. The boys all stared at Minsoo and he couldn’t help but feel even more nervous at their unreadable expressions.

 

“Well that wasn’t what I expected to hear and I’m not quite sure what to think, but it’s good to meet you Minsoo, I’m Namjoon by the way.” Namjoon introduced himself.

 

Minsoo let out a breath he hadn’t realised he was holding, relief flooded his system as the other boys sent him friendly smiles. “Aren’t you going to introduce us to your boyfriend then Hoseok?” Another boy questioned. Minsoo turned to his soulmate, an expectant look on his face, Hoseok then began to point them out one by one, “Jin, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook.”.

 

Minsoo simply smiled, he knew he would never remember all those names so quickly and so he just nodded, hoping Hoseok would help him to learn their names soon.

 

“Oh and just so you all know, Minsoo is moving back to Korea in a few weeks and he lives right near us, he’s also going to be studying at the same college as us.” Hoseok revealed excitedly.

 

“That’s great, I expect to see you a lot then.” Minseok added and Minsoo nodded with a grin, he certainly wouldn’t complain about seeing Hoseoks family all seemed so nice.

 

As he was about to say something, his phone began to buzz in his pocket, he sent a apologetic smile in the direction of the others as he quickly checked the screen, there was a message from his uncle asking to see him. Minsoo looked back up at the group, “Ah, my uncle wants to see me, so if you would excuse me.”. 

 

The group nodded and he sent a sweet smile towards Hoseok, pecking his cheek swiftly before he took his leave.

 

As he walked down the hallway, he had a silly smile on his face, he reached a hand up to run his fingers over his lips, reminiscing the feel of Hoseoks soft lips. He absentmindedly caught the elevator, talking it up to the top floor where his uncle stayed, Minsoo stayed one floor below in one of the suites. His room was so huge and extravagant, but he always felt somewhat lonely all by himself.

 

He arrived at the top floor, he retrieved his master keycard, it allowed him to enter any locked door in the resort. Swiping the card, he let himself into his uncles suite, “I’m here!” He announced. “Office” came a reply, Minsoo wandered into the side room that his uncle had changed into an office.

 

His uncle was typing away at his computer, most likely something to do with the resort, Minsoo dropped down into the chair on the other side of his desk. His uncle sent a glance towards him before returning his gaze to the screen in front of him, “You weren’t in your room, weren’t you supposed to be studying?”.

 

Minsoo sent his uncle a sheepish grin, “I went for a break, I was studying really hard and I didn’t want to overwork myself.”.

 

His uncle quirked and eyebrow and sent him an amused glance, “I doubt you’re in danger of doing that.”. Minsoo grinned, “But I wouldn’t like to chance it.”. His uncle rolled his eyes and shook his head, “You know your parents entrusted you to me and I have to ensure you’ll actually be able to pass your exams when you go back home.”.

 

Minsoo resisted the urge to groan, he had heard this particular lecture far too many times to count, “And I always tell you not to worry, I always get full marks on every test I do, you don’t need to worry.”.

 

His uncle was clearly dissatisfied, but let the topic drop, “Anyway, I have to go away for a few days, I should be back in around a week, I trust you can take care of yourself for that long? You know all the staff will help you if you need it.”.

 

Minsoo nodded, trying to hide his happiness at the though of a whole week of being undisturbed whilst he got to know his soulmate, “Yeah that’s fine, I assume it’s a business trip?”. His uncle hummed, “Yeah I’m thinking of setting up another resort, so I’m going to check out possible destinations.”.

 

“That’s great! You’ll have to let me visit when you open up the next one.” Minsoo noted. His uncle nodded, giving him a fond smile, “I’m leaving tomorrow morning, and since I know you aren’t going to study when I’m not here, not that you do when I’m actually here, I want you to spend the rest of the day studying.”.

 

Minsoo pouted and made a noise of discontentment, just as he made to complain, his uncle held a hand up to silence him, “I don’t want to hear any complaints, I’m asking you to spend one day studying and for the rest of the week you don’t have to do anything, if you’re going to be difficult, I’ll make you stay here to do it.”.

 

Minsoo stayed silent, knowing he wouldn’t get anywhere when his uncle was so adamant, he usually wouldn’t be bothered about having to spend one day studying, but it was the first day he had met his soulmate and he felt an uncontrollable need to be near Hoseok. He pushed himself up from the chair and began to leave the room, sulking all the way, “Oh and don’t think about trying to sneak out, I’ll be checking in regularly.” His uncle added before he left the room.

 

With a huff he returned to his room, normally he would just skip studying and watch a movie or something, but he figured he should actually do what his uncle had asked, after all his uncle had taken care of him so much and he owed the older a lot.

 

Collapsing on to his desk chair, he pulled his study guide towards him and flicked to the page he had last been on.

 

~

 

Hours later, the last rays of sun finally set, Minsoo had received several calls to the phone in his room from his uncle, who was making sure he was still there, luckily his uncle had told him that he could take a rest after nine. He watched the hands tick by, desperate for the last minute to pass. He felt awful that he had left his soulmate without a word, he didn’t even have Hoseok number and so he couldn’t message the other. He could feel a wave of hurt that had settled in his stomach, clearly his soulmates feelings, he just hoped Hoseok wouldn’t be too upset with him.

 

As the hand crawled closer and closer to nine, he counted down the amount of time he had left, ten seconds were left and he recited them in his head. As soon as he hit zero, he jumped from his chair, racing out of his room to the elevators, once inside, he repeatedly pressed the button to Hoseoks floor. The ride down seemed to last a lifetime and he tapped his foot impatiently, the door eventually opened and Minsoo sped down the hallway.

 

He decided to surprise Hoseok and used his own keycard to enter the room, when he opened the door, his soulmate was nowhere to be found, Minsoo crept into the room, looking around for Hoseok, as he reached the bed, he finally noticed the sound of water running, he could also hear Hoseok singing. Minsoo but his lip to stop himself from laughing as he lay on the bed.

 

Minsoo urned on to his side, checking his mobile for any messages, once he had checked, he let the device slip out of his hand on to the bed, a few minutes passed and Hoseok was still in the shower, Minsoos eyes began to droop, all the studying he had done had made him exhausted, it was difficult to focus on confusing things for so long. 

 

He also his eyes close, promising himself he was just resting his eyes and definitely not falling asleep.

 

~

 

Hoseok pulled his clothes off and jumped into the shower, whilst he showered he marvelled over the events of the day, it had been eventful to say the least. After Minsoo had left, the adults congratulated Hoseok once again before leaving the room, once they had left, his friends bombarded him with questions all about having a soulmate and Minsoo. He couldn’t answer many of them, considering he had only found out about soulmates the same day, but he answered them to the best of his ability.

 

He was saddened by the fact that Minsoo left and hadn’t been back the whole day, but he knew that the smaller most likely had a good reason for that. Hoseok was determined to find his soulmate again tomorrow and get his number so that they could keep in touch. 

 

Hoseok stayed in the shower for half an hour before realising how long he had been in it for. He turned off the stream of water and exited the shower, he dried himself and rubbed his wet hair until it had stopped dripping, he then dressed himself in his pyjamas.

 

Hoseok left the bathroom and stopped in his tracks as he noticed another person on his bed, for a moment he didn’t recognise who it was and it freaked him out, soon enough he noticed the purple locks and he smiled to himself. Hoseok approached the figure and found his soulmate sleeping, Minsoo looked so adorable, he was curled up into a ball, his hands clasped under his chin.

 

Hoseok crouched down so that he was level with Minsoo, he reached a hand out to caress the smaller silky locks, at his touch, Minsoo stirred. Hoseok sent him a warm smile as Minsoos sleepy eyes focused on him. Minsoo gave him a tired grin, “Sorry for not coming back.” He apologised quietly. “I was worried, you just disappeared.” Hoseok replied, “My uncle made me spend the day studying, the good thing is, he’s going away and so I won’t have to study again for the whole week.” Minsoo explained.

 

Hoseok grinned, “That’s great, so I can expect you to be free all the time then?”, Minsoo hummed and nodded with a matching grin. A yawn escaped Minsoos mouth and Hoseok chuckled, “I think it’s time for someone to go to sleep.”. Minsoo nodded, “You too.” Minsoo added.

 

“Let me just turn off the lights.” Hoseok told him, he stood back up and turned off the room light, leaving only the bedside lamp on, Hoseok pulled back the covers, allowing Minsoo to get under, he then slipped into the bed and switched off the light. Hoseok settled down as Minsoo shuffled over, the smaller leant his head on Hoseoks chest. Hoseok brought a hand to run up and down Minsoos back, within five seconds, Minsoo had fallen back to sleep, soft breaths escaping his mouth.

 

Hoseok fell asleep as well, a fond smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

Here’s part two for Hoseok and Minsoo, I like this couple, it’s a lot different writing them because I have no basis for Minsoo, but I like how he turned out, I hope everyone else does as well. I think there will be one more part for this couple, which should be up in the next few days, this chapter was meant to be up earlier, but I didn’t have a lot of time to write.

 

I hope you all liked this chapte and I will see you all in a few days :)