A Day Well Spent

You Are My Sunshine

Jongdae stared intensely at the child in front of him, the child staring back. They were both lay on their front on the lounge floor. Jongdae felt his eyes start to burn and clicked his fingers in front of Hoseoks face, making the child blink. "That's cheating!" The child complained. Jongdae chuckled and ruffled the child's head, "Too bad shortie, I won.". Thy had been having a staring contest and Jongdae was unwilling to lose.

 

Rolling on to his back, Jongdae let out a sigh, "So what should we do today?" He pondered, Minseok wouldn't be back for a few hours, he had passed his store on to a reliable employee, but sometimes he visited, just to make sure it was still running smoothly. A small head appeared in his line of vision, a wide grin on his face, "Lets make a den!" He suggested.

 

Jongdae hummed, thinking through the idea, a grin appeared on his face, "That's an excellent idea, lets go get some snacks first and then we can make one." He offered. The boy let out an excited shout and ran off to put his shoes on, Jongdae pushed himself to his feet and searched for his shoes and wallet. 

 

Hoseok ran back into the room, Jongdae looked down at the boys feet and let out a laugh, "I think we might have to find matching shoes first.". After putting the correct shoes on, the two headed to Jongdaes car. Minseok had made him get a more family friendly car, apparently sports cars weren't suitable for small children and so Jongdae could only use the car when Minseok wasn't aware. He had a deal with Hoseok that he would let the child in it, as long as he didn't tell Minseok, Jongdae loves Minseok, but he could get really scary, especially the time when he found out Jongdae had taken Hoseok out in the car.

 

Jongdae fixed the car seat in the passengers side before buckling Hoseok in, happy with his work he went around to the drivers side and got in, starting the car up. All the way to the store, Hoseok was looking out the windows with an expression of awe, his eyes flickering at how fast the outside was passing them.

 

They reached the store and the two got out, Jongdae chuckled as he watched Hoseok struggling to get a basket from the pile, Jongdae lifted the basket up, "How about I carry it and you tell me what we should get?" He compromised and Hoseok nodded.

 

Hoseok pulled him straight towards the sweet isle, "Let's go here first!" He directed. Upon entering the isle, the boys eyes widened, "Lets buy it all." He whispered, taking in row after row of sugary treats. Jongdae laughed, "I don't think we'd be able to eat it all, let's just pick a few things.". Jongdae followed Hoseok as the boy chose out several different things, depositing them in the basket.

 

By the time Hoseok was satisfied, Jongdae was holding a very heavy basket, filled with  different sweets. He quickly paid for them and carried the bags in one hand, holding Hoseok hand with his other. They returned to the house and Jongdae dropped the bags in the lounge, "Now we need to grab all the covers and pillows." Jongdae informed, going to his room, Hoseok followed and headed into his room, grabbing his duvet, he pulled the pillows on top and tugged them behind him, Jongdae bundled up his bedding and brought it with him to the lounge.

 

Jongdae settled his hands on his hips, thinking about how they were going to make the den, he looked down at the pile of bedding. Hoseok stood next to him, gazing up at Jongdae with an expectant expression. "Hmmm...okay, lets start by laying out the covers to make it comfortable." He began and together they stretched out the covers, putting several on top of each other to create a makeshift bed.

 

"Now the pillows." Hoseok added, arranging the pillows on top of the covers. "Right, wait here a minute." Jongdae commented, jogging back to his room, where he collected several sheets, he went back to the lounge.

 

Jongdae threw the sheets on the duvets and began to push the couches so that they were on either side of their bed, he then grabbed the sheets and draped them over the backs of the couches, making a ceiling for their den. Jongdae took a step back and gazed proudly at their creation, Hoseok clapped, "Its awesome!" He squealed, jumping into the den and wriggling around on the covers.

 

"Very awesome." Jongdae agreed, taking the bags and joining Hoseok in the fort. Jongdae tipped the bags out, making it rain sweets, until they had a pile in between them. Hoseok swiftly grabbed a sweet, unwrapping to and stuffing it in his mouth, "This was a very good idea." He mumbled around the sweet.

 

~

 

Minseok smiled as the door swung shut behind him, he always enjoyed going to the cafe, after all it was the reason he met Jongdae all those years ago and now they had a beautiful child, Minseok figured it was the universes way of paying him back for the crappy childhood he had.

 

Minseok drove home, excited to see Jongdae and Hoseok, after being away from them for a couple of hours. He reached his house and parked his car, exiting it, he looked over to see Jongdaes favourite car and let out an exasperated sigh as he spotted the car seat in it. He shook his head, he had asked Jongdae not to take Hoseok out in it, the only reason being Jongdae liked to test how fast he could go in it and Minseok didn't want to get any phone calls to say that the other two had landed in an accident.

 

Minseok knew Jongdae thought he was good at sneaking the car out, but he really wasn't, it wasn't difficult to notice the car had changed positions since Minseok left the house that morning.

 

Fortunately, for Jongdae, Minseok was in a pretty good mood that day and so he cast the car out of his mind and made his way into the house. He went towards the lounge, where he figured they would be and stared in confusion at the state of the room; the furniture was arranged very strangely, with two of them back to back. 

 

Minseok rounded the couches and his gaze softened, a warm smile appearing on his face as he took in the sight before him. Lay on the covers were Jongdae and Hoseok, they were both asleep and Hoseok was tucked against Jongdaes chest. Minseok cooed and dropped a kiss on to each of their heads. He let out a small chuckle at the sight of a pile of wrappers and left the room.

 

Minseok went to the kitchen and started to get out ingredients to make dinner, he was in the middle of frying off the vegetables when a sleepy voice rang out behind him, "Something smells good.".

 

Miseok turned and grinned at Jongdae who was holding a barely awake Hoseok in his arms. Minseok took the pan off the light and went over to the two, he pressed a kiss to Jongdaes lips, who hummed in satisfaction at the action. Minseok then reached for Hoseok, Jongdae handing him over, Minseok smiled as tiny arms wrapped around his neck, "Hello mummy." The boy greeted.

 

"Hello honey, did you have fun today?" Minseok asked. The boy nodded and bounced in Minseoks arms, now more awake, "I had so much fun, we went to get sweets and then we made a den, it super cool." Hoseok rushed out, his eyes bright. Minseok chuckled, "I see, will you help me get out the things for dinner?" He questioned and Hoseok nodded, Minseok put him down and the boy began to retrieve utensils and cups.

 

Minseok smiled at the child as arms wrapped around his waist from behind, he leaned back against Jongdae, who leant his head on Minseoks shoulder. "I really did miss you today, you were gone for so long." Jongdae whined.

 

Minseok laughed, "It was only a couple of hours and besides you go to work everyday, so now you know how I feel." He replied, patting Jongdaes hands. Jongdae just whined even more, "But I'm busy then.".

 

Minseok just shook his head fondly, before stepping out of Jongdaes hold and finishing off the cooking preparations, he smiled inwardly as he felt Jongdaes arms around him again, maybe he should go out more if Jongdae was this clingy when he came back.

 

Minseok finished cooking and helped Hoseok to get out the rest of the things for the meal, eventually the family sat down at the table, steaming dishes placed between them. Minseok placed different things on each of their plates and then they all began to eat. "This is very yummy." Hoseok complimented, a big smile aimed toward Minseok. Minseok smiled in return, "Thank you very much.".

 

The rest of the meal was spent with the two asking Minseok about how his day was and in return they informed him of their busy day. After the meal, they all cleared up the dishes and helped the clean up anything dirty.

 

Once everything was done, Hoseok grabbed both Minseoks and Jongdaes hands, pulling them back into the lounge, he turned to his parents, "Can we please watch a film in the den?".

 

"Of course we can, sweetie, Jongdae will you grab the tablet?" Minseok replied. As Jongdae got he tablet, Hoseok tugged him into the den, Jongdae returned with he tablet and the family settled down to watch a film.

 

Minseok and Jongdae lay on either side of Hoseok, who had the tablet propped up on his knees. Minseok had his head lay on Jongdaes outstretched arm, he smiled at the sight of his little family, he loved them both so much and he couldn't wait to see how his son grew up. He was so glad that he could give the child a home, something he hadn't experience before and he promised to himself that he would always make the child feel as though he mattered and was loved as much as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

So that was Xiuchen and Hoseok, I liked this chapter, I thought it was very cute and fitting for Jongdae to be the one to make the den, so I hope you all liked it as well. It's just Kaisoo left and one extra and then I will be moving on to the kids when they are older. 

 

I will include bits for the original couples and there may be a few extras for when they were younger. The children will be in couples as well, I will most likely start their bit when they are already in relationships, and they will be in college, so I hope you look forward to it.

 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see you soon :)