Continuing Though It May Be Hard

You Are My Sunshine

(Make sure you have read the previous chapter since I uploaded a few at once)  

 

Kris had a strict routine, each morning he would wake up at the same time, enter the shower and leave within five minutes. He would then change into his already prepared clothes before styling his hair. He always did everything in the same order, using the same products. The structure gave him a sense of stability, he liked having structure, having five other brothers didn't really give their home much structure and so Kris did everything he could to fix that for himself. 

 

Kris wasn't actually his name for the first years of his life, when he was born he had been named Yifan, at five years old, he had apparently decided he did not like this name and would only answer to the name Kris. His parents eventually conceded and they legally changed his name to Kris. 

 

His brothers were all a few years younger than him at the time and so they had always known him as Kris. 

 

Kris finished tying his laces and headed down to get breakfast, as part of his need for structure, he was the one who recommended to his brothers that they all gathered for breakfast. He thought it was important that they all stuck together and provided support for those who needed it.

 

In recent times, however, their relatively small family of six had grown to a family of eleven. Although Kris didn't show it often, he was incredibly proud of his brothers, seeing them so happy with their soulmates was such an amazing thing to see. There breakfasts had always been reasonably lively, due to Jongdae and Chanyeol, but having all these new people made it even better.

 

He sat down at the table and was greeted by the others, who then turned back to their own conversations. He sent a slightly saddened glance to the last empty seat at the table, next to his own. As happy as he was that his brothers had found their soulmates, he was somewhat sad that he still hadn't found his. Junmyeon had noticed this before and had told him not to worry, that they would meet when both of them were meant to.

 

Kris hung on to those words and hoped it would be soon, he wanted to have someone that he could confide in and call his.

 

~

 

The family finished their breakfasts and each of them separated, heading towards their respective jobs and education. Kris belatedly realised he had left his mobile and some files he needed in his room and cursed as he waved his brothers to leave ahead of him.

 

He jogged back into the house and grabbed the items, it took five minutes to check them through and Kris gasped as he realised he would be late if he didn't leave soon.

 

He swiftly got back into his car and drove to work.

 

He was stalled at some lights that turned red and he leaned his head on his arm that was propped against the window, a bus pulled up next to him and he sent a disinterested glance towards it.

 

He surveyed the bus and his eyes seemed to be drawn towards a tall and slender figure that was stood holding a rail. He was confused by the need to see this strangers face and then the stranger turned and it hit him.

 

The flash of purple was clear to see even through the windows and the two stared at each other in shock. Kris couldn't believe it, a genuine smile broke out on his face, similar to the strangers, this was his soulmate.

 

The bus started to inch forward and Kris was shocked by the intrusive beeping from the cars behind him. Kris pressed on the accelerator and tried to follow the bus, work didn't matter, he just needed to find his soulmate. Kris was becoming more and more desperate as his car and the bus were getting further apart, more traffic separating them. 

 

He eventually lost sight of the bus and was devastated, his only chance had been taken away, he hit the wheel in frustration and let out a yell. With an intense feeling of annoyance he made his way to the office. He made his way up to the top floor, where he knew his brothers would be, his bad mood must have been evident as they all dropped their files and rushed towards Kris when they saw him.

 

"Hey, what happened?" Junmyeon asked softly. Kris felt bad for making Junmyeon worry and with a sigh he turned to him, "I found my soulmate." He stated, the other three looked at each other, most likely confused at why Kris was so annoyed by the fact.

 

Kris sighed in defeat and put his head in his hands, "Then I lost him, he went a different way and I couldn't find him again.". 

 

Junmyeon let out a slight gasp and wrapped Kris in a hug, both Jongdae and Chanyeol joined in, "Oh honey, you'll find him again.". Although Kris was older, he didn't mind Junmyeon treating him like this, it felt as though Junmyeon was like his mother and it made him feel better.

 

After a minute of tightly hugging Kris, the others let up and studied him with worried glances and Kris let out a huff, "Not much I can do about it for now, let's just get to work it might take my mind off of it.", Kris sounded far more sure of that than he felt but he set to work anyway. The others followed, each sending him worried glances every so often.

 

~

 

It had been a week since Kris had seen his soulmate and there still no sign of the other, Kris had searched as hard as he could and he had no luck. His brothers expressions had become more and more worried and Kris felt horrible for doing this, but he couldn't be happy until he found his soulmate.

 

That night Junmyeon had gathered their family of eleven, "Since we are all free for once, which is incredibly rare, I thought we could all go out together, there's a light festival on today and I think it would be good for all of us to go and relax a bit.". Junmyeon didn't signal Kris out, but he knew it was directed at him and Kris knew he needed this, he needed to relax and start the search anew.

 

It took the family an hour to get completely ready and they headed out to the park where the festival was being held, they had all car pooled, instead of taking five different cars. They parked in the designated section and walked together to the event. Kris trailed after the group, after seeing his soulmate, it was even worse seeing his brothers, all he could imagine was him and his soulmate cuddling and holding hands and it made his heart ache.

 

They got to the event and were met with a pretty big crowd, Junmyeon turned to the group and drew their attention, "Now I don't want anyone getting lost or injured, so has everyone got their phones? We all have each other's numbers so ju-"

 

"Hey you!" A voice shouted and Kris felt a jolt through his body, he spun around and was met with none other than his soulmate a few meters away from him.

 

Kris' eyes widened and he opened his arms as his soulmate ran toward him and practically launched himself at Kris, tightly wrapping his arms and legs around Kris.

 

Kris enveloped the other in a trim embrace and let out a shaky breath, "I thought I would never see you again." Kris whispered into the ear of his soulmate. "Me either, but I'm here now and I don't plan on leaving." His soulmate replied.

 

Kris smiled and hugged his soulmate harder.

 

 

 

 

And so begins the last couple, I hope I did alright with the suggestion, in case you didn't know, a reader suggested that a couple would meet but would be busy and wouldn't find out their name. This was the result, I quite liked how it turned out and I know it was short, but I felt bad making them suffer. I decided to use Kris as his name, because I really like it, not that I don't like Yifan, but Kris just sounds so cute and I can't help but love it, so yeah that's my reason, I also thought it was funny having Kris being stubborn and refusing to reply to his real name.

 

The next chapter will show some of Taos POV up until the end of this moment, as well as what happens after. Also I absolutely love Junmyeon being all motherly, it is too cute. 

 

I am going to attempt to make a poll for who gets married, so hopefully you will be able to vote, I really hope you do, because I'm so bad at making decisions like this, so please help me.

 

As always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I can't wait to see you in the next (and maybe last chapter for the couples stories). :)