Coffee Shop Of Dreams

You Are My Sunshine

Jongdae loved his job, or rather the perks that came with it. What could be better than visiting expensive restaurants every day and claiming it all through the company's expenses? He always volunteered to take on clients, just so he could go to each and every place that caught his eye. He wasn't lazy though by any means, he always scored great deals with each client and this was most likely the only reason his brothers didn't put a stop to his expensive habits.

 

That day he had visited a new high-class restaurant that had been receiving great reviews, he totally agreed with them, the restaurant had a lively atmosphere and excellent food that mad Jongdaes mouth water.

 

His client had loved the place and assured Jongdae his company would invest, Jongdae felt triumphant at having made another deal. 

 

He had finished up with the client and left to find the sun had already set, he checked his watch and saw it was almost half eight. He quickly got into his car and drove to another destination, he had seen a new coffee shop that had recently opened on his way here and wanted to check it out before it closed for the day. Sometimes he preferred to take his clients to unique places, like this coffee shop.

 

He pulled into the parking area for the cafe, it was only small, with enough space for about six cars. He exited his car and went into the shop, a bell tingled at his entrance, Jongdae looked around the cafe and noticed no one was there, it was only to be expected, considering the time.

 

He made his way to the counter, admiring the chic and modern design, it was certainly a nice place. He waited at the counter and a few seconds later a smaller male rushed out from the back room, "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, what can I get for you?", the male said with a rushed, apologetic tone.

 

The male looked at Jongdae, and Jongdae gasped as he noticed the flash of purple in the others eyes. "It's you," Jongdae said in shock, "You're my soulmate.".

 

There was an intense staring match between the two, before the shorter male let out a laugh, "Ah, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are on about.".

 

Jongdae felt his stomach drop at the others words, "W-What do you mean, don't you feel it?" He asked in desperation, this couldn't be happening to him.

 

The stranger slowly shook his head in confusion, Jongdae was at his wits end, "What about my eyes, did you see them turn purple?", he knew he probably sounded desperate and deranged, but he was too worried.

 

The stranger seemed to freeze slightly, his brows furrowed, "I thought it was just the light or something.".

 

The weight on Jongdaes chest eased somewhat, at least he knew the other was definitely his soulmate, he just didn't understand how the other didn't know.

 

"Did your parents never tell you about soulmates?" He asked in exasperation. The stranger looked down in sadness and Jongdae felt a stab of resentment run through him, "My parents decided to leave me outside an orphanage when I was born, obviously I wasn't important to them." The other let out a humourless laugh and Jongdae felt his heart break a feeling of anger started to boil in his stomach, how dare someone leave his soulmate!

 

He was about to go off on a rant, but he felt his soulmates sadness underneath the resentment and his gaze softened. "Listen," he started, gaining the others attention, "This is going to sound really strange and you probably think I'm mad, but sometimes, two people are just meant to be together, they have an unexplainable bond that draws them to each other. That's what it is to have a soulmate and the only way to recognise them is to see them face to face and you will see a flash of purple in their eyes.". He watched with a nervous expression as the other took in his words.

 

"It certainly does sound crazy," he replied with a grin, "But I guess there is some truth to it, I mean I saw the purple and I feel as though I could tell you anything, it's strange.".

 

Jongdae grinned, he was glad that his soulmate was taking this so well, he stuck out a hand and the other looked at it in mild surprise, before taking it and shaking it. "I'm Jongdae." He informed the other, his signature grin on his face.

 

His soulmate smiled slightly, "I'm Minseok.", Jongdae loved the name already, it seemed perfect for the petite male.

 

~

 

Minseok was still slightly confused, it could only be expected, having a strange (but rather cute) stranger declare that he was Minseoks soulmate was a bit surreal. He thought it was some kind of joke and had laughed but he saw how the strangers smile fell and he felt kind of bad. He didn't know why he felt the sudden need to hug the stranger and put a smile back on his face.

 

As the stranger explained the situation he became more sure that the other was telling the truth, he felt a strange need to stay with this man and Minseok had never felt that before.

 

After he had introduced himself, he saw the other male open his mouth again and he stuck up a hand quickly, silencing him. "Let me just lock up the shop and then we can continue to talk, okay?" he asked and Jongdae nodded.

 

Minseok thought Jongdae was very cute, especially his mouth that always seemed to be smiling, he reminded Minseok of a mischievous child. 

 

Minseok fished the keys out of his pocket and locked the door, he was the owner of the cafe and he had already sent the other staff home, he knew that at this time of the night not many customers came in and he was capable of handling any that did come in. There was another assistant manager with whom he shared the responsibilities with, they both took turns to look after the store, giving the other time off.

 

Minseok turned back to find Jongdae had settled himself at a table, Minseok slid in to the seat across from him and looked at him expectantly. Jongdae took this as a sign to continue, "So you work here?" He enquired with a gesture to the store.

 

Minseok nodded in confirmation, "I own the store.", Jongdaes eyes widened at the news and Minseok chuckled. "What do you do?" He returned the question, he had seen the car in the parking lot as he had locked the door, he was impressed by how expensive it clearly was, he assumed Jongdae was part of some big company, it was also clear from how well-tailored his suit was.

 

"Ahh, have you heard of Park industries?", Minseok eyebrows rose, Park industries was a huge company and Minseok knew it was hard to land a job there, Jongdae must be something to have achieved that. With a nod of confirmation from Minseok, Jongdae continued, "Well my brothers are the CEO's and I'm one of the top people who deals with potential clients." Jongdae finished with a proud smile.

 

Minseoks mouth dropped in shock, Jongdae was part of the Park family?! Minseok stared at Jongdae incredulously.

 

Jongdae laughed lightly and used a hand to push Minseoks chin up to close his mouth, Minseok felt a jolt of electricity run through him from the contact. Minseok shook his head to snap himself out of it. "No wonder you have such an expensive car, I'm jealous." He said with a grin.

 

Jongdae laughed at Minseoks words, "Well, I would be more than glad to take you anywhere you want in that car.". Minseoks cheeks turned a light pink, as he took in Jongdaes words, the other was so sweet and Minseok was practically melting.

 

~

 

Jongdae spent the next hour explaining the whole soulmate thing and told Minseok about his brothers and how they had already met their soulmates. Minseok had a warm smile on his face as he listened, he had even commented that it was such a romantic idea that there was a destined person for someone and Jongdae couldn't agree more. 

 

Jongdae checked the time and noticed it had gotten really late, "So where do you live, I can take you home if you want and bring you back here tomorrow.", he offered wanting to ensure his soulmate got home safely since it was late.

 

Minseok sent him a look of embarrassment, "I have an air bed that I use in a spare room in the store, when I bought store, I didn't have enough money to get a house as well so I decided to stay here instead.".

 

Jongdae stared at him in shock, he felt as though he had let his soulmate down by not being there for him when he didn't have a proper place to stay. Running through his options he came to a conclusion, "Well then, you are coming to stay with me," he saw Minseok open his mouth to protest, "No I won't hear any complaints, I would worry constantly knowing you didn't have a proper space to live in or a proper bed to sleep in so go and grab your belongings and let's get going.". Jongdae was very strict with his instructions and had clearly surprised Minseok, but he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he let his soulmate stay here any longer (not to mention Junmyeon would kill him when he found out, he was a firm believer that soulmates should care for each other).

 

Minseok nodded, still surprised and stood up, Jongdae trailed along behind him as they entered a small room in the back of the shop. Jongdaes heart broke as he took in the room, it was so tiny, there was a rolled up air bed in the corner along with a cover and a pillow. Jongdae watched as Minseok gathered his few belongings and stored them in a bag, he was saddened that Minseok could fit all of his things in one bag, Jongdae would have to fix that and buy Miseok lots of gifts to make up for all the time before they had met.

 

Minseok grabbed his keys and mobile and put them into his pocket and sent a look to Jongdae, "Is that everything?" Jongdae asked. Miseok gave him a nod and Jongdae turned to lead them to the door, Minseok swiftly unlocked the door and the two exited, Miseok re locked the store and followed Jongdae to his car.

 

Jongdae opened the passenger door and with a flourish of his hand motioned to Miseok, "After you.". He sent Minseok a grin, who blushed at his actions, Minseok sat in the passenger seat and Jongdae closed the door, he went around to the drivers seat and slid in, starting up the engine. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Minseok looking at the interior of his car in awe, "You'll get to see it a lot more now, don't worry." He told Minseok with a chuckle and the other nodded in a daze.

 

Jongdae shook his head at how adorable his soulmate was and drove back to his house. They entered the gates and Jongdae saw Minseoks eyes widen even more as he took in the house. Jongdae parked the car and tugged Minseok along behind him as he entered the house.

 

Most of the lights were off and Jongdae assumed his brothers had gone to bed, he pulled Minseok around the corner and saw light flooding from a crack where the kitchen door was slightly ajar. Jongdae went to investigate and his eyes widened as he saw what was going on.

 

Kyungsoo was sat on the side and had his hands in Jongins hair, they were locked in a rather intimate embrace. Jongdae grinned and quickly pushed open the door, the sound startled the two inside and their heads shot in the direction of Jongdae. Jongin groaned as he saw his brother.

 

"Should you really be doing that in the kitchen?" Jongdae chided, "You should be glad that I found you and not Junmyeon, he would have a heart attack.".

 

Jongin rolled his eyes and Jongdae saw his gaze flit to Miseok who was stood behind him, "Well what would Junmyeon say about you sneaking people into the house when everyone is asleep?".

 

Jongdae turned to look at Minseok, who was yawning cutely, his eyes drooping close, he had started to lean against Jongdae slightly. Jongdae knew it wasn't the time for this conversation and he turned back to Jongin and Kyungsoo, "You'll find out in the morning, I'm going to bed, make sure you two do as well.". He sent the two a pointed look before making his way to his room, Minseok trailing behind him.

 

They reached his room and Jongdae noticed that Minseok was practically asleep on his feet, he chuckled quietly and sat him down on the bed before retrieving some pyjamas for the two to change into.

 

He leaned down so that he was level with Minseoks face, he brought up a palm to cup Minseoks cheek, who immediately leaned into the warmth of his palm. "Let's get you changed, yeah?" Jongdae stated, speaking softly as if he was addressing a child.

 

Minseok allowed Jongdae to remove his clothes and dress him in the pyjamas, Jongdae then took Minseok by the shoulders and moved him so that he was under the covers. Minseok immediately his side and snuggled down into the pillow.

Jongdae inwardly squealed at how adorable the smaller was and he quickly changed and jumped into the bed as well.

 

He his side to face Minseok, he brought a hand up to run down the others cheeks, feeling how smooth and soft his soulmates skin was. Minseok suddenly shifted, seeking heat and moved closer to Jongdae, he burrowed his head into Jongdaes chest and fell still once again.

 

Jongdae stared down at Minseok with an adoring expression and wrapped an arm around his soulmate. He rested his chin on the top of Minseoks head and drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

And so begins Xiuchen! I wanted to try having a couple where one is unaware of soulmates, hence Minseok being an orphan, it's kind of sad, but I love how Jongdae is there to fill the space his parents left.  

 

There's between 3 and 5 chapters left (depending on how many chapters I do for the couples) and then I'll start the extra stories, if anyone has anything they want to see leave a comment. I have a few ideas but I want to do something you all want to see.

 

I also want to say it's so amazing to see all the love for Sulay in the comments, they're are one of the left out couples that no one really writes about. It makes me sad and I'm annoyed at myself for making their part so short. I promise I will give them the best extra chapters I can because they deserve it so much.

 

In more exciting news, I'm going a G Dragon concert on the 24th, I'm so excited. I'm going with my friend who got me into kpop and she has loved GD for years. I'm really excited because Big Bang were the first group I ever listened to. We went to see Block B in march and that was so good (Despite P.O not being there). If anyone has been to any concerts or conventions tell me how it was, I would love to hear.

 

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, I am so happy to see so many subscribers it actually makes me so happy to know people want to read my work, so thankyou so much and I will see you in the next chapter. :)