Fruity Fun

You Are My Sunshine

Tao was in the kitchen, putting away the dishes that had just been washed, he had a system, everything had its own place. He never let Kris do this, Kris tended to just put things back wherever they fit and as much as Tao loved Kris, he couldn't deal with the unruly state he left their kitchen in.

 

Tao had just put away the last utensil and felt something tug at his shirt, he turned around to find Jin stood behind him. Smiling he ruffled the boys hair, "What's wrong sweetie." He asked. 

 

Jin shook his head, "Nothing's wrong, I was just wondering if we could make some cakes for daddy when he comes home from work.".

 

Tao grinned, "That's a wonderful idea, your dad really likes chocolate cake, so what do you think of making chocolate cupcakes with fruit and cream on top?".

 

Jin nodded eagerly, a wide smile on his face.

 

"Right, go sit on the stool and I'll grab the things we need." Tao instructed. Their kitchen was huge, with a big marble island in the middle, it was very modern, all in shades of black and red. Tao grabbed bowls, the scales, various spoons and utensils, as well as the ingredients for the cakes. 

 

"Okay first we weigh out the flour." Tao started, directing Jin to measure out the flour using the scales. Whilst Jin was measuring the sugar and other dry ingredients, Tao sifted them into a large mixing bowl. 

 

Once they had finished up with the dry things, Tao got Jin to add a bit of milk and the butter, Tao swiftly cracked a few eggs and dropped them into the bowl.

 

"Now that everything's in there, we need to mix it up." Tao added, Jin nodded, his expression showing concentration on the task before him. Jin wrapped his hands around the wooden spoon and Tao placed his hands on top, they mixed the ingredients together, making a smooth mixture.

 

"And now, we add the chocolate chips." Jin observed, Tao nodded, reaching for the bag Jin poured the chocolate in, as Tao mixed them through. 

 

Tao gave a nod as the mixture was complete, "Yay, it's done!" Jin exclaimed, giving a small applause. Tao chuckled and retrieved the cake pan, they set out cake cases and spooned the mixture into each case. "These will take about twenty minutes." Tao noted, depositary the tray in the oven.

 

"Now, we need to make the whipped cream." Tao voiced as he grabbed the cream from the fridge and the electric whisk. He handed the tub of cream to Jin who poured it into a bowl. Carefully, the whisked up the cream, until it had thickened. Jin grinned up at Tao, "It looks so good!" He squealed, happy with their work.

 

"It sure does, these cakes are gonna be amazing." Tao agreed, placing the cream back into the fridge to keep cool. Tao collected their dirty dishes and utensils, placing them in the sink. The timer beeped, "Ooh they're done!" Jin shouted, waving a hand towards the oven.

 

Tao nodded and grabbed the oven gloves, he opened the oven and slid the cakes out, bringing them over to the island. He tested the tops of the cakes and was happy to find they were all firm and well cooked. He quickly placed the cakes on a cooling rack. "While they are cooling, why don't you help me wash the dishes." Tao reasoned, Jin smiled and nodded, sliding off his stool to pull it over towards the sink.

 

Tao filled the sink with water and washing up liquid, Jin splashed the water to form bubbles, "If you wash them, I'll dry them for you." Tao added.

 

"Okay!" Jin confirmed and pulled a bowl in the water, scrubbing away the cake mixture with a sponge. It didn't take long for them to clean the dishes and Tao placed them all back in the right places. 

 

"Are they cool now?" Jin asked, the boy was fidgeting, clearly excited to decorate the cakes. Tao felt the cakes, to find they were all cool, "They're just right, if I put the cream on, do you want to put the fruit on top?" He inquired. "Yep, can we have raspberries for the top." Jin questioned.

 

"Ooh raspberries sounds good." Tao noted, grabbing the cream and raspberries from the fridge. Tao quickly put the cream in a piping bag and began to pipe it onto the cupcakes, as he finished each cake, he pushed it over to Jin, who placed the fruit on top. In no time, they had finished up the cakes, Tao gave Jin a plate to put the cakes on, whilst he placed the last few things in the sink.

 

Tao returned to the child's side, "They look fantastic and your dad will be home any minute now.". "I hope he likes them a lot." Jin chimed.

 

"He'll love them." Tao promised.

 

~

 

Kris had just finished an exhausting day at work, they were in the middle of securing a huge deal and that meant there was a ton of paperwork and meetings that needed to happen. He was grateful for his brothers support, but him and Chanyeol had a hell of a lot of work, being the CEO's.

 

He bid his secretary goodby and headed down to the buildings car park, he reached the entrance and looked out the window with a frown. It was pouring it down and he knew he would get soaked before he got to his car. He let out a long sigh, he really wished he could just be at home, not slaving over piles and piles of papers.

 

Steeling himself, he left the building, jogging towards his car, it was no use, he was thoroughly wet through as he unlocked the door. He quickly turned the engine on, switching the heat right up, in an attempt to alleviate as much coldness as possible. 

 

Kris pulled the car out of the car park and groaned as he hit traffic, he was pretty sure the universe was against him at this particular moment. It took him nearly an hour to get home, instead of the usual twenty minutes. Luckily he had a garage, which meant he didn't have to get out the car and into the rain again.

 

Parking the car, he grabbed his things and went into the house, Kris headed straight to his room, swiftly changing into dry clothes. He went to the lounge to search for the other two and found them curled up on the couch.

 

"You're back!" Jin exclaimed, jumping out his seat, he ran towards Kris, who picked the small child up. They hugged each other tightly, Kris loved his son so much, Jin was such a perfect angel and he was everything Kris could have hoped for and more. Tao came over and joined in the hug, Kris loved being with his family, he had so much love and affection for them and they always made him feel better after a hard day at work.

 

Tao smiled warmly at him, "We missed you a lot today." He noted, pecking Kris' lips. Kris kissed Tao back, "I missed you both a lot too.".

 

"Me too!" Jin shouted, pointing to his cheek. Kris chuckled, dropping a peck on the boys cheek. "Ah! We made something secret for you." Jin added, wriggling to be released from Kris' hold. Kris placed the boy on his feet, Jin grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the kitchen, just before they went in, Jin turned around, "You have to close your eyes, it's a surprise." He instructed with a serious expression.

 

Kris smiled and closed his eyes, he felt himself being pulled into the room and was sat down on a stool. He heard shuffling and something being pushed in front of him. "...Okay, you can open your eyes." Jin informed.

 

Kris opened his eyes and found a plate in front of him, placed on it was several cupcakes, with cream and fruit on them. Kris gasped, "Are these for me?" He asked. Jin nodded eagerly, "We made them specially for you, they're chocolate.".

 

Kris grinned, "I love chocolate, should we try them?". Jin nodded, grabbing a cupcake and passing it to Kris, he also passed one to Tao and kept one for himself. Kris unwrapped his cake and took a bite from it, he eyes widening, "This is so good!" He complimented, taking another bite. Jin hummed and nodded, his mouth full of cake, Tao smiled and patted Jins head, "You did very well making the cakes.".

 

Jin grinned at them, "Thank you very much.".

 

Kris was so grateful for his family, it was so amazing how a whole days worth of exhaustion could disappear from one simple thing. He loved how thoughtful they were for making his favourite flavour and even just for making something for him. He truly was blessed with the best family in the world.

 

 

 

 

Here's Taoris and Jin. I'm not quite happy with this chapter, it's kind of short I know and I'm aware that there were a few people looking forward to it and so I'm sorry, but I hope you liked what I did write. I think I'm going to write the last two couples with their kids and then skip to when the kids are all in high school, oh and I've also done an extra for Kaisoo and Hunhan when they were still in high school, so that will be out after the couples and their children.

Also, I'm really bad at titles, so yeah.

Again, I'm sorry for how short it is and I will try to make it up to everyone in the future, so I hope you enjoyed this extra and I will see you next time :)