You Are The Only One For Me

You Are My Sunshine

(This is set when they were still in high school) 

 

Kyungsoo seethed, he really wished he could bun things just by looking at them, Jongin looked up at him sheepishly, "I swear I won't even read them babe, you know I only love you." He promised.

 

Kyungsoo bristled, "Well clearly not enough, or else you would have asked me by now." he hissed at the other boy.

 

Jongin actually had the gall to look confused, "Ask you what?" He questioned. Kyungsoo took a deep breath, rubbing his hand against his eyes, he looked back at Jongin before taking the letters in his hand, ripping open the envelopes.

 

"Please Kai, take me to prom."

 

"I would love to go to prom with you Kai."

 

"Pick me for prom, I've loved you for so long."

 

"Kai would you go to prom with me."

 

He read out just a few of the letters and sent Jongin a glare, "So, Kai, is there anything you would like to ask me?" He huffed before throwing the letters in Jongins face and storming off. 

 

He reached the bathroom and locked himself in a cubicle, he dropped onto the toilet lid, frustrated tears welling up in his eyes. He felt bad for shouting at Jongin, he didn't mean to be so harsh, but Luhan had told him earlier about how Sehun had took him out on a date and it was so romantic. 

 

However, Jongin had not even mentioned prom, he hadn't even asked Kyungsoo to go with him and seeing all the letters from those girls made Kyungsoo feel insecure. He knew deep down that it was stupid, he loved Jongin and he knew Jongin loved him as well, but sometimes Kyungsoo couldn't help but get worried; Jongin was one of the most popular and well liked guys in the school and Kyungsoo was well...nobody.

 

Kyungsoo often worried that one day Jongin would leave him for some pretty, superficial girl and it terrified Kyungsoo. Jongin couldn't leave him, he would be lost and his life would start to crumble down around him.

 

Kyungsoo felt tears drip down his face as quiet sobs left his mouth. The bathroom door opened and Kyungsoo covered his mouth, trying to seal away any noise. Unfortunately, the bathroom was silent and it wasn't hard to miss Kyungsoos cries. 

 

The person sighed and Kyungsoo recognised it as Jongin. Footsteps approached Kyungsoos cubicle and a knock sounded. "Open the door Soo." He urged. Kyungsoo didn't reply, all that could be heard were Kyungsoos hiccups as he tried to calm himself down. "Come on babe, I know you're upset, just let me in." He repeated and Kyungsoo reluctantly reached for the lock pulling it to the side.

 

Jongin pushed the door open and Kyungsoo saw his gaze soften as he laid eyes on Kyungsoo. Jongin reached for Kyungsoo and pulled him into a hug, "Oh baby, stop crying, you know I hate seeing you so sad." He reasoned.

 

Kyungsoo gripped onto Jongins shirt, willing his tears to stop. By the time they had stopped, there was a large wet patch on Jongins shirt. Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin, who reached a hand to wipe away the stray tears. "I'm going to talk and I need you to listen okay?" Jongin instructed and Kyungsoo nodded.

 

"I understand that you are upset that I haven't asked you to prom, the same way Sehun did for Luhan and to be honest I wasn't really sure of how to ask you. It took me ages to think of how to ask you and I was going to do it tonight. But I didn't realise how hard it must have been for you, especially seeing all those letters earlier. I was going to wait until later, but seeing you so upset makes my heart ache and I couldn't wait any longer. So Kyungsoo, my one and only love in the world, will you go to prom with me?" He finished with a smirk.

 

Kyungsoo gaped at his boyfriend, trying to take in everything that had just been said, Jongin continued to smirk, "So is that a yes, because if it's a no and Junmyeon finds out I made you cry, he might just kill me, along with my other brothers, let's face it they love you more than me.".

 

Kyungsoo just let out a laugh at the words, tears started to fall again, but this time they were from happiness. A warm smile appeared on his face, "Yes Jongin, I will go to prom with you.".

 

Jongin grinned and pressed a kiss to Kyungsoos lips, humming happily against the others mouth. Kyungsoo let out a relieved sigh and looked at Jongin, "I'm sorry for being so mean, it's just your so amazing and popular and there are so many other people that are so much better for you and yet you're stuck with me." He explained.

 

Jongin put a finger over Kyungsoos lips, blocking any more words and pouted at the smaller, "What do mean I'm stuck with you, you're my soulmate and there is no one I'd rather spend my life with than you. It doesn't matter if I'm popular or not, it wouldn't matter if I couldn't be with you. You mean more than the world to me Kyungsoo and no amount of pink paper doused in sickly perfume could persuade me otherwise." Jongin promised and Kyungsoo giggled.

 

"There was a lot of perfume wasn't there." He mused, recalling the strong smell that had emitted from Jongins locker. Jongin groaned, "I still have a headache, it was like being hit in the face with a bunch of flowers, not pleasant.".

 

~

 

Luhan grinned at his mobile as he read the message from Kyungsoo, Luhan and Sehun were currently sat outside on the grass, well Sehun was sat and Luhan was lay with his head in his boyfriends lap. It was a sunny day and so the two of them were taking advantage of it, using their breaks to bask in the warm rays..

 

Sehun was running his fingers through Luhans hair, "What's that smile for." He questioned. Luhan turned his attention to Sehun, "Jongin asked Kyungsoo to prom." He explained.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Finally, geez Jongin is so dense, even I could tell Kyungsoo was annoyed he hadn't been asked to prom.". Luhan hummed in agreement, "I know how I felt, seeing all those letters you got, all in sickly shades of pink, it was irritating, I can only imagine how annoyed Kyungsoo was.".

 

"But you know I don't care about those letters, in fact the only letter I would be bothered about reading is one from you." He added. "Aww did you want me to send you a letter?" Luhan teased, Sehun poured cutely and nodded, " Hmm, well if I did write one, it would probably go something like Dearest Sehunnie please take me to prom, I am you biggest fan and love you so much, I even have a shrine dedicated to you in my room." Luhan faked a high pitched girl voice. Sehun chuckled, "You've been reading too many of those letters.".

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and groaned, "Some girls are so weird, like seriously who keeps shrines anymore, I keep all my pictures on my phone.".

 

Sehun shuddered at the thought of some random stranger keeping photos of him in their room, "At least I have my jealous little Lulu to keep all the eager stalkers away." He joked and Luhan sent him a wry smile.

 

Luhan took his role as jealous boyfriend very seriously, not in the sense that he stopped Sehun from talking to anyone apart from him, but he did make sure that all of those stupid girls wouldn't come near Sehun unless Luhan wasn't in sight and even then they were careful. Kyungsoo had once told Luhan that he had seen a girl sneak up to Sehuns locker to post a letter and had practically screamed when she saw Kyungsoo, begging him not to tell Luhan.

 

"What would you do without me." Luhan pondered. Luhan didn't act this way just for himself, Sehun had actually told him he prefers it when he isn't mobbed by loads of girls whenever he walked around the school and so he liked it when Luhan scared them all away.

 

"I believe I would be overrun by crazy girls who all want to go to prom with me, this is why I've always made a point to not go, I didn't particularly want to go with some random person that wasn't my soulmate." He put in and Luhan looked at him, thinking about his words.

 

"So what did Jongin do? Surely the most popular guy can't skip prom." Luhan questioned. "Jongin went to prom, but never took a date, despite having countless offers, he usually just spent time with his friends and then getting drunk at the after party. He'd always use the excuse that he was staying with a friend so that Junmyeon wouldn't catch onto the fact that he was getting drunk. But Junmyeon worked it out and told Jongin off for lying and doing illegal things." Sehun explained.

 

"So...are we going to the after party this year?" Luhan asked, he kind of wanted to see Sehun drunk and he wouldn't mind getting drunk along with him. Sehun considered and then sent Luhan a smile, "If you want to, I'm sure Jongin and Kyungsoo will be going.".

 

Luhan grinned and nodded his head.

 

~

 

(A few weeks later)

 

Jongin checked himself in the mirror, alongside Sehun, they were both wearing fitted suits, both of them were all black, with a white tie. Kyungsoo and Luhan had decided they should all match and so Jongin and Sehun were all in black whilst Kyungsoo and Luhan were in all white with a black tie. Jongin and Sehun both knew better than to argue with their soulmates and so just accepted the clothes they were handed.

 

Jongin and Sehun were getting ready at home, whilst Kyungsoo and Luhan were getting ready at Luhans house. Junmyeon had allowed Jongin to use his own car for the night, rather than making Sehun drive them all. Jongin was excited, it had been so long since he had last driven his car.

 

Jongin sent a glance to Sehun, "We look good, brother." He noted with a smirk and Sehun grinned back, "We certainly do.". 

 

Jongin sent one last appreciative glance to himself before heading to the door where there brothers were waiting, Junmyeon was holding Jongins car keys and Jongin held his hand out with a smile. Junmyeon was about to put them into Jongins hand, stopping just before his palm, "I'm warning you, if you crash this car tonight, you will not get another one for a very long time." He vowed, "And if I find out that either of you have been driving after drinking I will not be pleased.".

 

Jongin nodded "I promise I won't do anything, so can I please have my keys because if I'm late Kyungsoo will kill me.".

 

Junmyeon sent him a smile and dropped the keys into his hand, "Have a good time both of you and just don't do anything stupid.".

 

Jongin saluted his brother and quickly left the house, he heard his brothers shouting goodbyes but he was too eager to get in his car to wave back. He loved his car, it was his second favourite thing in the world, after Kyungsoo obviously, and he had dearly missed his other baby that had been sat in the garage for far too long. 

 

He ran his hand along the hood, "I've missed you so much." He whispered, as if the car could hear him. Sehun scoffed "Get in and drive Jongin, it won't just be you who dies if we're late, Luhan made me promise I would be early.".

 

Jongin sent Sehun a small glare for interrupting his reunion and unlocked the car, both of them slipped into their own drivers seat and made their way to pick up there boyfriends.

 

They pulled up outside the house and got out their cars, walking up the path, they rang the door and waited patiently for the door to open. The locks snapped open and Kyungsoo and Luhan appeared. Jongin grinned at the sight of Kyungsoo, his soulmate looked perfect in the suit and he loved the way they matched, even if it was along with Sehun and Luhan too.

 

As Luhan greeted Sehun, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin inside the house, inspecting him up and down, "Am I good enough for you?" Jongin asked with a smirk, knowing full well he looked good. Kyungsoo hummed in delight, his hands coming up to fix Jongins tie, "Very hot." He commented, sending Jongin a grin.

 

"I should be saying that about you." Jongin observed, his eyes wandering over Kyungsoos body, Jongin loved the way the suit showed off Kyungsoos body, it really was perfect.

 

"We should get going, so stop flirting and go get in the car." Luhan interrupted. Jongin groaned, what was with that couple and stopping him from enjoying his favourite things?

 

Kyungsoo nodded, "Lets go, wouldn't want to be late and miss showing you off to everyone." He declared, a sly smile on his face.

 

The two couples left the house and got into their cars, as they drove to the venue, Kyungsoo checked his hair using the camera on his mobile. "Ah, Jongin, did you remember to bring the bag of clothes?" He inquired.

 

"Yeah it's in the back." He assured. They had both packed clothes to change into so that they could get changed before going to the after party, it was being held at one of Jongins friends house. His friend had a huge house and had told Jongin that he could borrow a room for the night, if he was too drunk to drive.

 

They arrived at the venue, the school had hired some fancy hotel with a huge function room to hold the prom. There were many other students stood outside the entrance, taking pictures with other students. Jongin and Sehuns cars attracted a lot of attention as they parked. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin expectantly and Jongin rolled his eyes, getting out the car. 

 

Both Sehun and Jongin met gazes and rolled their eyes again, a few days ago Luhan and Kyungsoo had decided they wanted to show off to everyone that Jongin and Sehun belonged to them and so they wanted to make a big spectacle of their entrance. Jongin and Sehun just went along with the plan, like the clothes, they knew it wasn't wise to argue with the two.

 

Jongin rounded the car smirking at the sight of the girls gawking in his direction, clearly interested at who he brought as a date. Jongin was known for never having a date and with Sehun appearing for the first time, it was definitely something to be interested in.

 

Jongin and Sehun figured that the school body should have figured that they were in relationships, but they all seemed to dense to actually understand and most of the time Kyungsoo and Luhan were thought of as over protective body guards, rather than their boyfriends.

 

Jongin slipped his hand onto the handle and pulled the door open, he offered a hand to Kyungsoo, who took it gratefully allowing Jongin to pull him from his seat. Jongin saw Kyungsoo smirk as gasps were heard from the girls, "This good enough for you?" Jongin asked, referring to the reaction Kyungsoo had desired.

 

"I guess so." Kyungsoo shrugged, a sly smile ruining his nonchalant expression. Jongin chuckled, "Don't pretend, I know you're loving it.".

 

Kyungsoo grinned, "Maybe just a little, its time those stupid girls understand that we are together.".

 

Jongin nodded and laced his fingers with Kyungsoos as they walked next to Sehun and Luhan. Jongin saw Kyungsoo and Luhan send each other smirks as they passed groups of girls, who were glaring at them. Kyungsoo sent Luhan a wink and stopped Jongin as Luhan tugged Sehun on.

 

Jongin looked in confusion, wondering why Kyungsoo had stopped him, his boyfriend began to mess with Jongins suit, smoothing it down in different places. Jongin inwardly rolled his eyes as Kyungsoos hands roamed over his body, "Mmmm don't you look good baby." Kyungsoo drawled before pressing a kiss to Jongins lips.

 

Kyungsoo sweetly smiled at the girls before taking Jongins hand and leading them inside. Jongin leant close to Kyungsoos ear as they walked, "Was that really necessary?" He asked, amusement evident in his tone. Kyungsoo sent him a sly smirk, "100% necessary and besides there's no harm in stating the truth, I mean you do look really good.".

 

Jongin sighed and shook his head fondly.

 

They entered the venue and joined Sehun and Luhan, they each picked up a glass of what Jongin assumed was some kind of sparkling fruit drink. The four spent some time mingling and making conversation with the other people in their year, Jongin talked the most, considering he was the most outgoing of them all, the rest joining his conversations.

 

There was a band playing and Jongin couldn't say he recognised any of the songs. Jongin held a hand out to Kyungsoo who looked at him in question, "Would you kindly have this dance with me?" He asked with a grin. Kyungsoo grinned back and slid his hand into Jongins, allowing the taller to lead them to the middle of the dance floor.

 

The band began to play a slow song and Kyungsoo smiled warmly, slipping his arms around Jongins shoulders, in return Jongin placed his hands on Kyungsoos waist and they swayed slowly, surrounded by other couples. Out of the corner of his eye, Jongin spotted Sehun and Luhan swaying to the music as well.

 

Jongin gazed at Kyungsoo, "You're look amazing." He observed. Kyungsoo chuckled, "Why thankyou, my very handsome boyfriend.". Jongin leant his forehead against Kyungsoos, closing his eyes, "You really do, I'm so lucky to have you." He added softly.

 

Kyungsoo began to the soft hair that covered the nape of Jongins neck, "I guess we're both lucky then, because you are the best soulmate I could have asked for, you've never pushed me away, no matter how horrible I was and I'm so grateful for that. I know that I can be hard to deal with a lot of the time, but I just want you to know that I love you so much.".

 

Jongin felt a swell of love and pride within him, he opened his eyes, meeting Kyungsoos sincere gaze, "And I would do it all over again, there is nothing that could ever make me want to be away from you. Even if you try to push me away, I'll come straight back, because I love you too Kyungsoo.".

 

Kyungsoo blushed lightly, a shy smile on his face, Jongin tilted his head slightly and moved to connect their lips in a slow, sweet kiss. Jongin loved these kisses, not that he didn't like their passionate make out sessions, these kisses were so full of love and adoration, it made Jongin feel so close to Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin pulled back, smiling down at Kyungsoo, his soulmate smiled back, before resting his head against Jongins shoulder. Jongin lay his head against the top of Kyungsoos, rocking them back and forth to the music.

 

~

 

The rest of the night passed fairly quickly, there was a meal and then several teachers made short speeches that bored Kyungsoo to no end. He distracted himself by studying the structure of Jongins face, he decided that it was indeed a very perfect face. It was nearing half eleven and the students were beginning to leave, most were heading to the after party.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were sat at a table with Sehun and Luhan, Kyungsoo looked around, noticing that a lot of people had just left, he turned to Jongin, "We should get going, I wouldn't want to be the last group to leave, we might get ambushed by teachers." He proposed. The others nodded and made their way to the cars.

 

Kyungsoo got into the car along with Jongin, he started up the car and waited for Sehun to reverse out before following. As they neared the house, Jongin parked along the road, a few cars away from Sehun. "We're gonna have to get dressed in the back." Kyungsoo noted, climbing over the front seats. Jongin hummed and joined him in the back as Kyungsoo rummaged around the bag, retrieving their clothes.

 

They both quickly undressed, neither of them were particularly bothered about being semi in the same car, they had seen each other like that plenty of times before and it gave Kyungsoo they opportunity to ogle Jongins toned body.

 

Jongin had shuffled of his pants and was now sat in his underwear, he held a hand out to Kyungsoo, "Can I have my shirt?" He asked. Kyungsoo shook his head, holding the shirt to his chest, "I think I like you better like this." He murmured, eyes taking in Jongins form. Jongin smirked, "As much as I like us both this way, I don't think you'd appreciate everyone else in that house looking at me, and I certainly don't want anyone seeing you like that. Only I'm allowed to see Kyungsoo.". 

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly handed the shirt over, he was right, Kyungsoo definitely didn't want anyone else to see his boyfriend without clothes. They dressed themselves quickly, laying their suits down on the seats, so they wouldn't get too creased. 

 

They got out of the car and made their way into the house, loud music was pouring out of the house and Kyungsoo couldn't even hear himself think as they passed through the doorway.

 

Kyungsoo made a beeline for the kitchen, expecting the drinks to be there, he grinned as he found them. Pulling out two glass bottles, he handed one to Jongin who had followed him, they both twisted the caps off, Kyungsoo swiftly downed more than half the bottle in one gulp, he returned his gaze to Jongin and almost laughed at the shocked expression. Kyungsoo winked at his soulmate and tipped the bottle back to drink the rest.

 

The level of noise made it hard to hear anything and Kyungsoo sent Jongin a confused look as he saw the others lips moving. He saw Jongin let out a sigh and grab his arm, tugging him back out of the kitchen, Kyungsoo quickly grabbed another bottle before allowing his boyfriend to lead him away.

 

~

 

Sehun wandered through the house, tugging along a rather drunk Luhan, they had been at the house for about an hour and Luhan had drank more alcohol than Sehun could count.

 

He was in search of Jongin and Kyungsoo, who they hadn't seen since they had arrived, he pushed into one of the lounges and spotted his brother in the middle of the room along with Kyungsoo.

 

Tightening his hold on Luhans wrist he weaved through the bodies and approached the two, as they got closer, Luhan pushed in front of him and Sehun could hear him shout, "Kyungie!".

 

Kyungsoo turned his head and Sehun could tell straight away that the smaller had drunk a lot as well, he was swaying on his feet and Sehun was sure that if his brother wasn't holding Kyungsoos waist, the boy would be flat on his face.

 

Kyungsoo swung his arms around Luhans neck, replying with a shout, "Lulu!". Sehun smirked and shook his head, there soulmates were pretty damn adorable when they were drunk. Sehun placed his hands on Luhans waist to keep him upright, as Kyungsoo dropped his head against Luhans shoulder and the two began to sway in some sort of drunken dance.

 

Sehun caught Jongins gaze and they grinned at each other, shaking the heads fondly at their soulmates.

 

~

 

After a few hours of dancing, Jongin and Sehun decided they should probably take Kyungsoo and Luhan to bed. Jongin held Kyungsoos hand, who in turn held Luhans hand, with Sehun latching on to Luhan. Jongin thought it was pretty funny how affectionate Kyungsoo was when he was drunk, it was rather cute.

 

Jongin led them to a room with two huge beds, he turned to Kyungsoo and tried to detatch him from Luhan so that they could sleep, "Come on Kyungsoo, it's time to sleep." He coaxed.

 

Kyungsoo just pouted on shook his head, "No, We're all sleeping together." He insisted. Jongin and Sehun were at a loss as Kyungsoo dragged Luhan to one of the beds. Luhan was practically asleep and allowed Kyungsoo to pull him under the covers, both of them snuggling up to each other.

 

Jongin stared at the two in the bed, Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with a glare, "Come on, I want to sleep.".

 

Jongin let out a sigh and climbed into the bed on the other side of Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo hummed happily, his back was to Jongin and he reached back to grab Jongins arm and drape it over his waist. Sehun slid into the bed on the other side of Luhan, not forgetting to switch off the light first.

 

Jongin chuckled inwardly, he had not expected to be sharing his bed with Kyungsoo, Luhan and Sehun all at the same time, but it was comfortable and so Jongin didn't care.

 

He shut his eyes and drifted off, leaning against Kyungsoo, who was hugging Luhan.

 

~

 

The first thing Luhan felt was a sharp pain running through his head, he groaned as he came to consciousness. He blinked his eyes open and found himself face to face with Kyungsoo, who had his arms wrapped around Luhan and a leg thrown over Luhans own. Luhan had his arms wrapped around Kyungsoo and he could feel Sehuns arm around his waist.

 

Luhan brought a heavy hand back to pat Sehuns arms, he heard a change in breathing as Sehun woke, "Good morning, " Sehun greeted with a tired voice, "How are you feeling?" He questioned with a yawn.

 

Luhan simply groaned again and Sehun chuckled, "Headache?" He asked and Luhan nodded, "You had a lot to drink last night, so did Kyungsoo, you're both gonna have killer hangovers today.".

 

Luhan shifted as softly as possible, turning over to face Sehun, Luhan buried his head in his soulmates chest. Sehun let out a quiet laugh and the back of his head, "So no more drinking?" He inquired.

 

Luhans head felt like it was splitting open, he shook his head adamantly, "Never again." He promised.

 

 

 

 

Hello again :) I'm sorry for not updating the past few days, I've literally been in work every day and I was just too tired to write anything, I hope you don't mind. This chapter is pretty big, so I hope it makes up for it.

 

The next chapter will go to when the kids are grown up, so I hope you look forward to it, it should be posted in the next few days.

 

Also, I don't really read my work over again, so there's probably loads of mistakes in each chapter, so sorry for that.

 

Again, I'm sorry for not updating, but I hope you still liked the chapter and I will see you next time :)