Making Up For Lost Time

You Are My Sunshine

(I finished the next few chapters and couldn't wait any longer, so I uploaded them all at once)

 

Minseok blinked his eyes open, he felt as though he was sleeping on a cloud; sleeping on a proper bed for the first time in a long while really made a difference. He was met with a clothed chest and Minseok jolted slightly, not really realising the situation. He shifted his view upwards and laid his eyes on Jongdaes face. 

 

'My soulmate' he thought happily, a soft smile on his face. 

 

It felt so nice to have someone to cuddle with and belong with. Minseok had never felt that before, sure the orphanage staff were nice, but he always felt as though they treated the children as if they were a chore, after he had left, Minseok had never made an effort to make friends, he was too focused on opening the cafe and after he had, there was no time to do anything else. As a result there wasn't really anyone he had to relax with or depend on.

 

He felt Jongdaes arms tighten around him, "I can feel you staring.". Minseok let out a squeal and buried his head under the cover. He felt Jongdae shake with laughter, "I didn't say I minded it, but you seemed awfully concentrated." Jongdae added as he uncovered Minseoks head.

 

Jongdae leant forward and pressed a kiss to Minseoks forehead and Minseok froze momentarily, a light blush colouring his cheeks at the action. He shook his head and raised his gaze to Jongdae who was smiling warmly at him, "Good morning Minseok.".

 

Minseok grinned, he loved the way his name sounded on Jongdaes lips and once again it occurred to him that he shouldn't feel this close to someone he had barely known for a day, but somehow it seemed right and Minseok wouldn't have it any other way.

 

"Good morning." He greeted back.

 

~

 

It took them the next half an hour to shower and change, Jongdae leant Minseok some clothes until he got to the store, where Minseok had assured Jongdae he had a spare uniform. He thought it was cute how Jongdae wanted to give Minseok all of his clothes. 

 

Minseok was sat on Jongdaes bed, as he waited for Jongdae to finish getting ready, "So what time do you finish?" Jongdae asked. "Erm, if I remember rightly, today I'm in until five and then the assistant manager takes over for the close.", Minseok usually stayed around on the shop floor to help, since he slept there, but with a warm feeling, he realised he wouldn't be doing that again now that he had somewhere to stay and someone to be with.

 

Jongdae nodded and appeared to be in great thought, "Hmm, I can finish up early and come pick you up at ten past five and then we can go and get you a new phone. Yours is practically falling apart, and I don't want you to have a trouble contacting me.".

 

Minseok was slightly shocked, he didn't realise Jongdae had seen his phone, truthfully his phone was falling apart, it was an incredibly old model, without any functions apart from sending texts and making calls. Minseok had been meaning to get a better one for years, but he had never had the money for it.

 

"Ahh well they're just to expensive." He replied, somewhat embarrassed at his lack of money, as he was surrounded by the large amount of appliances in Jongdaes room, not to mention Jongdaes closet full of designer clothes. Minseok had seen some of the clothes in his closet and his eyes had nearly rolled out his head, he knew for a fact most of them were special edition and he also knew how expensive they were. Jongdaes closet alone was probably worth more than Minseok had owned in his life.

 

Minseok heard Jongdae let out a laugh, "Well that doesn't matter, I'm going to buy it anyway," Minseok started to object, not wanting Jongdae to spend his money on Minseok, "No, no I won't hear any complaints, I have too much money to Know what to do with, we also need to get you some new clothes, you have far too few.". Minseok was at a loss seeing Jongdaes grin, he sighed in defeat, he had a feeling Jongdae wouldn't step down from this and he figured he should just give in.

 

At the nod Minseok gave, Jongdae gave a small clap, "Now that's sorted, lets go get some breakfast, I'm sure Jongin is dying to tell everyone, if he hasn't already.".

 

Minseok took Jongdaes outstretched hand and felt Jongdae entwine their fingers together. As he was led towards Jongdaes brothers, he tried to remeber who Jongin was, he was incredibly tired the previous night but he vaguely remembered a couple in the kitchen, nothing really came to mind after that.

 

Jongdae stopped outside a closed door, behind which Minseok could hear various voices, he knew Jongdae had five other brothers, in addition to several other soulmates that were always at the house, but it still made Minseok nervous. He must have unconsciously clenched his hand tighter around Jongdaes, he saw Jongdae send him a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, they'll love you.".

 

Minseok took a deep breath as Jongdae opened the door, the conversation seemed to halt as their eyes laid upon Minseok, he let out a strange squeak and ducked behind Jongdaes back, he had never enjoyed a lot of attention, it made him nervous.

 

"Finally! Do you know how hard I had to try to keep quiet." A voice complained, Minseok assumed it was the boy from the night before, he peeked over Jongdaes shoulder and confirmed his suspicions, a tanned male was sat at the table, his arms crossed, a small pout on his lips. If he wasn't so nervous, he might have cooed at the younger boy, Jongdae must have felt the same way, "Awww poor Jongin, was it hard for you?" He asked in a childish tone, Minseok inwardly chuckled at the pout that deepened from Jongdaes words.

 

"So would you like to explain Jongdae?" A motherly looking figure enquired, he was sat besides another male, who looked as if he was off in a daze.

 

Jongdae turned to the male who had spoken up, he tugged Minseok from behind his back, "To put it simply this is my soulmate. I would like you all to meet Minseok, he will be staying with us from now on.", Minseok looked at Jongdae in shock, his words were rather blunt and Minseok didn't want his family to feel as though he was intruding, since Jongdae had practically forced him here, not that Minseok minded.

 

Minseok looked at the figure that had spoken, he was worried that the brother would disagree with Jongdae and send Minseok back to the cafe, after all most people wouldn't agree to a complete strange staying in their house. To Minseoks surprise, the other male, along with the entire table, were wearing warm smiles, the male stood up and walked over to Minseok, folding him into a hug, much to Minseoks surprise, he nervously brought his arms up to hug the male back. 

 

The other pulled back and detached himself from Minseok, "I'm Junmyeon, it's nice to meet you Minseok." Junmyeon added with a smile. Minseok felt his nervousness start to disappear, it felt like such a loving atmosphere and a Minseok was glad he had found Jongdae.

 

The others in the room introduced themselves, each sending Minseok a grin, one of the elder ones, Kris, was quieter than the others, but Minseok was glad he had intorduced himself.

 

Once the introductions had been done, Jongdae led Minseok to a seat and they began to eat their breakfasts.

 

~

 

Jongdae was glad that everyone had been so welcoming to Minseok, he knew they would be, but there was a tiny thought of what if everything didn't happen the way he wanted it too. Thinking back to Jongins complaint when they entered the room, a wicked smile spread across his face as he made eye contact with Jongin across the table, the other sent him a wary look as Jongdae spoke up. "So Junmyeon," he began, with a pointed look at Jongin, the younger eyes widened as he realised Jongdaes intentions, his head started to shake as if to tell Jongdae to stop. 

 

Jongdae, however, would not stop.

 

Junmyeons gaze rose to Jongdae and he hummed as he took a drink of his orange juice, "Did you know Jongin and Kyungsoo get up in the middle of the night to make out in the kitchen, and it is certainly not child friendly, I have honestly never seen Kyungsoo that aggressive.". Junmyeon chokes on his drink and Yixing hurries to help him. Jongdae laughs, along with the rest of the table, minus Junmyeon and Yixing, Jongin and Kyungsoo are also quiet and are both sporting red faces and embarrassed expressions.

 

Junmyeon was also red faced, although for a different reason, "They do what now?!", he nearly shrieks. The rest laugh harder at how Jongin and Kyungsoo seem to shrink into their seats, most likely wishing the ground would swallow them up.

 

Junmyeon lets out an exasperated sigh, "Just...try and keep it in private, I guess I should just be glad neither of you can get pregnant, lord only knows how many kids would be running around now.".

 

"Junmyeon!!" Jongin shrilled, his face impossibly red. Kyungsoo had a mortified look on his face, clearly shocked at Junmyeons words. They were true to be fair, Jongdae always seemed to hear suspicious noises during the darkest hours coming from Jongins and Kyungsoos bedroom.

 

The rest of the breakfast was spent with Jongin and Kyungsoo being teased by the others, Jongdae figured he had done his job well that day.

 

~

 

It had just turned five o'clock and Minseok had passed the keys on to the assistant manager. The two were friendly, but Minseok knew their personalities didn't really match, the other male had a rather outgoing personality, the opposite to Minseok, who was naturally quiet. The assistant manager was a dedicated and punctual person though, which is what Minseok valued above anything, he was safe in the knowledge his store wouldn't be burned to the ground.

 

He took a shower in the bathroom that he had installed since he lived in the cafe, he then got dressed into the clothes Jongdae had given to him that morning. He liked how Jongdaes scent lingered on the clothes, it made it feel as though Jongdae was there with him. He had also noticed strange feelings rising within him at random points in the day, he figured this was Jongdaes feelings, it was strange to be able to feel another persons emotions, but it created a bond between the two, and made it as though they were in tune with each other.

 

He waited outside the door and not long after Jongdaes car pulled up next to him, he quickly slipped inside the passenger seat and the car sped off again. Minseok swiftly buckled his belt and turned to Jongdae, his eyes were on the road, but his signature smile was in place, "Did you have a nice day at work, baby?", Minseok blushed at the name, it was unexpected but Minseok thought it was sweet.

 

"It was good." He confirmed.

 

Jongdae quickly sent Minseok a smile before returning his eyes to the road, "So, I was thinking we can go to the phone store first and then we can head to some of the clothes stores. Oh and before you worry, I am paying for everything.", Minseok shook his head, amused by Jongdaes stubbornness.

 

Jongdae parked the car in the shopping centres parking lot and the two headed to the phone shop. Jongdae turned to Minseok with a warm smile, "Pick whatever phone you like.". Minseok nodded uncertainly and started to look around for the cheapest phone he could find. As much as Jongdae was willing to spend money on him, he felt bad. He headed in the direction of the cheaper phones, but was stopped by Jongdae who rolled his eyes, "I knew you would look for the cheapest one, how many times do I have to tell you it doesn't matter?". Jongdae sighed, "Well I guess I'll have to pick for you then, go sit down while I sort it out.".

 

Minseok sat, he was disappointed in himself, he didn't mean to offend Jongdae, but he honestly felt as though he shouldn't accept expensive things. In all his life, no one had ever bought things for Minseok, he had always had to struggle with very little money. It was completely new to him for someone to offer to buy him anything he wanted and he just couldn't get used to it.

 

~

 

Jongdae quickly surveyed the store and settled on a phone the same model as his, he picked a white model that complemented his black model, he smiled at the thought of having couple phones, it was cute, like Minseok.

 

He paid for the contract and signed all the papers and was handed the phone in a bag, he took the bag and headed back to where Minseok was sat. Minseok had his head slightly bowed and a worried look was on his face. Jongdae could feel Minseoks emotions and knew the other felt bad for letting Jongdae buy him things, he could also tell Minseok was somewhat embarrassed at Jongdae working out his plan to get the cheapest phone. This was one of the reasons Jongdae was so adamant that he would buy everything; he had the money, even if he didn't he would still spend everything he earned on Minseok. The other had told Jongdae how he had never had much money and Jongdae was saddened by this, he vowed to himself then that he would buy Minseok everything he needed, he never wanted Minseok to worry about money again.

 

He made his way to Minseok and knelt in front of him, with a finger he raised Minseoks head slightly so that their gazes could meet, "Listen, I want you to know that you should never feel bad for accepting gifts from me, I am your soulmate and that means that everything I own, everything I am belongs to you, do you understand?" Minseok nodded, his expression still solemn, Jongdae gave him a warm smile and continued, "You are my world now and I want you to have the best things, not the cheapest ones and if you keep doing this you leave me with no choice but to spend a stupid amount of money on useless things." Minseok slightly giggled at Jongdaes words.

 

Jongdae fished the mobile from its box in the bag and grabbed his phone and brought them into Minseoks view, "I got matching phones, but is missing something and I think we should fix it." Minseok smiled at the sight of the matching phones but frowned at Jongdaes words, clearly not understanding what was missing, he sent Jongdae a quizzical look.

 

With a smile Jongdae revealed, "It's missing a cute couple background that'll make everyone jealous we're together.". Minseok laughed, "I guess we should fix that right away." Jongdae gave Minseok the phone and moved himself so that he was stood behind Minseok, his head leaning on Minseoks shoulder, Minseok began to countdown and as he took the picture, Jongdae swung his head around and placed a kiss to Minseoks cheek.

 

The camera chimed and Jongdae moved back slightly, Minseok was bright red and the phone trembled in his hand. Jongdae slid the phone out of Minseoks hand and checked the picture. It was perfect, Minseok clearly hadn't realised what Jongdae was doing and had an adorable smile on his face, whilst Jongdae was kissing Minseoks cheek.

 

"Perfect." He stated, sending it to his mobile, he pressed another kiss to Minseoks cheek and this time Minseok gave a reaction. He turned quickly and pressed a peck to Jongdaes cheek before turning away, his face still red. 

 

Jongdae chuckled before pulling the other into a hug, "You're too cute for words.". Minseok chuckled weakly, "And you're too overwhelming for words.".

 

Jongdae laughed and tugged Minseok up so they were both standing, "Now it's time to get you some new clothes, lets go.".

 

~

 

Minseok stared in shock at the price tag on the shirt. Jongdae had pulled him into some designer store, Minseok had often seen it on his way past, but he had never even dreamed of going in, never mind trying the clothes on.

 

"I can feel your shock, don't look at the price and try it on." Jongdae called with an amused tone. Minseok flustered and swiftly changed into the clothes Jongdae had picked out for him. He admired himself in the mirrors, he had to admit Jongdae had a good sense of style, when they had entered the store he had looked intensely at Minseok before picking out an armful of clothes which he gave to Minseok, who was then pushed into a changing room.

 

He pulled back the curtain to see Jongdae sat on a couch, "Come out then, I want to see." Jongdae coaxed, Minseok shyly crept from behind the curtain and did a twirl for Jongdae, "It looks good, what do you think?". 

 

Minseok hummed in deliberation, before sending a smile to Jongdae, "I like it to, but don't you think it's ex-", "Don't you dare say expensive," Jongdae interrupted and Minseok shut his mouth, "Now go and try on the other clothes." He instructed.

 

~

 

It took twenty minutes for Minseok to try on the clothes and Jongdae made him show each one. Jongdae was happy seeing Minseok in good clothes. He had seen the clothes that Minseok had packed, they were all washed out and obviously year old. Jongdae wanted Minseok to have lots of clothes that were expensive and good material. He knew Minseok was still hesitant to let Jongdae buy the clothes, Jongdae would probably feel the same if their roles were reversed. It was the reason he was so firm with his decision and left no room for objections.

 

Once Minseok had finished trying on the clothes, he came to Jongdae, he held out two shirts, "These are good, I think we should get these.". Jongdae chuckled and shook his head, "Did you think we were only buying two things?". Minseok looked slightly lost, "No baby, we are buying all of these." Jongdae stated and pecked Minseok on the cheek as he retrieved the stack of clothes from a shocked Minseok.

 

He quickly paid for the clothes, he saw Minseoks eyes get wider and wider as he saw the price of each item, Jongdae thought Minseok would faint when they were told the total. Jongdae laughed and swiped his card, to most people it would be an amount they would never see in their lifetime, but to Jongdae it was nothing, he wasn't kidding when he said he had a lot of money. He figured he earned it, since he scored so many great business opportunities.

 

He accepted the bags and nudged Minseok, "Lets go.", Minseok nodded and followed Jongdae, still in a daze. They reached the car and Jongdae placed the bags inside, they got into their seats and Jongdae began to dive back to the house.

 

All the way home, Jongdae could feel Minseoks shock, it was amusing and Jongdae loved how adorable his soulmate was in that state. 

 

They reached the house and Minseok hurried to grab the bags out of the boot, clearly trying to make up for Jongdaes spending. Jongdae chuckled and walked behind Minseok, "Come on then let's find a space for your clothes.", he patted Minseoks and Minseok let out a squeak, which caused Jongdae to laugh even more, he buoyed teasing his soulmate.

 

~

 

Minseok looked at the clothes that were laid out on the bed, he honestly thought he would have a heart attack seeing the price of the clothes. Despite his shock, he was incredibly grateful towards Jongdae who had done so much for him in such a small amount of time. The two started to hang the clothes up in Jongdaes closet and Miseok smiled at how their clothes matched and looked so good next to each other.

 

This was the happiest he had felt in his whole life, the last twenty four hours had completely turned his life around, he had been given a home and a family, something he hadn't experienced before. It was surreal and foreign, but Minseok was so grateful and he finally felt as though he could relax.

 

Jongdae hung the last shirt up and Minseok cleared his throat, "I just wanted to say thank you, for everything, you are so amazing and I don't know what I did to deserve you. You have given me everything my life was missing and I finally feel as though I have somewhere I belong. It's so strange to me that I feel this connection between us after having known you for a day and it seems so stupid that I am going to say this, but I can say it and with so much confidence that I love you, Jongdae, with all my heart.". His confession ran out in a single breath and Minseok, who had been looking down the entire time, looked up and saw a breath taking smile on Jongdaes face.

 

Jongdae moved towards Minseok and cupped his face, "In that case, I want to say there is no need to say thank you, in fact I should be the one saying that. You are even more amazing and I'm the one who doesn't deserve you. Even though we have only known each other a day, it's easy to tell you are the most hard working and dedicated person I have met. You may think I have given you so much, but you have given me more, you have given me something that no one else can and that is yourself. You are the only one I know I can rely on to be there every time I wake up, every time I'm happy, every time I'm sad. And that, Minseok, is worth more than the world to me. So, with great confidence, I can say that I love you too Minseok.".

 

Tears were running down Minseoks face and Jongdae could feel them run down his cheeks as well. Both of them were overwhelmed by the intense emotions that were running through them. As if by magic the two simultaneously leaned towards each other and slotted their lips together, Jongdae felt tiny fireworks explode around him, it was so beautiful and Jongdae loved the way the other melted into his touch. It was a simple touch of the lips and Jongdae moved back and pressed their foreheads together.

 

He knew that both their words were sincere and Jongdae loved Minseok all the more for it. He only wished he had found Minseok earlier, he didn't now there was such a big hole in his life until Miseok appeared and filled it. He couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with Minseok and he would make sure to treasure every moment of it.

 

 

 

And so Xiuchen comes to an end, I tried to make Jongdae mischievous, but I love making characters soft and adorable, I did try to include a few bits so hopefully they're good enough. Anyway I was really surprised by how much I love this couple, like I love all the couples so much, but after writing this I love them so much more. I especially love the confession for this couple, I feel like it was one of the most heart felt ones, because of how Minseok gained a family. They really are too adorable.

 

Like I said at the start of the chapter, I finished the remaining chapters for the couples and I really didn't want to wait to upload them, so yeah.

 

Taoris is our final couple and I really hope I can write them well. Kris is so reserved and I have a bad habit of making characters all soft, so you can expect Tao to be bringing all these things to the surface. I think after the next chapter I will put up a poll so everyone can vote for who they want to get married, so make sure you vote for your favourite couple.

 

Thankyou for reading this chapter and I look forward to seeing you all next time :)