Prologue

You Are My Sunshine

In a world of uncertainty and countless directions, many became lost wondering where their life would lead, how their choices would affect the outcome. Each day provided new problems which required the individual to make a choice whether it be for better or worse. In this world of uncertainty, a small number had the comfort of a single certainty; their soulmate.

It couldn't be explained by any science, the fact that two individuals could be so drawn to each other. It could only be described as a feeling of delight to meet your destined partner. The whole notion of having a soulmate was kept a secret: only for the knowledge of those who were destined to have a soulmate themselves. This helped to prevent any unwanted attention from those who felt as though it was unfair they didn't have a soulmate of their own. 

You would only know you had met your soulmate upon interaction with them causing a purple tint to their eyes, only visible to the two. From the first meeting, you would then begin to develop a special bond, allowing you to feel your soulmates emotions.

Before meeting their soulmate, many feel an sense of emptiness and loneliness, only remedied by meeting their destined partner. This made it an important mission for the beings who wanted to feel belonging and love for another person.

~

The Park family was one of the most influential families in South Korea, owning a huge range of businesses and companies. The head of the Park family, as well as his wife, had passed away in recent years, leaving his company to his more than capable sons. The Park family had six sons; Kris, Chanyeol, Jumyeon, Jongdae, Jongin and Sehun.

Kris and Chanyeol were joint CEO's of the company, using their knowledge to ensure the success of the business. Despite their great teamwork and close bond, both Kris and Chanyeol were very different in terms of behaviour and general conduct. Kris was a stoic and disciplined figure, who rarely opened up to those he didn't have complete confidence in. On the other hand, Chanyeol was more of a relaxed person whose open and flexible nature made up for Kris' seemingly cold front.

Both Junmyeon and Jongdae worked within different sectors of the Park business, their roles included meeting important clients and setting up business deals. Junmyeon was a rather uptight person in public, wanting to maintain a perfect reputation, in private, however, he turned into a more motherly figure who took care of his brothers. Jongdae revered himself as one of the most important parts of the company, believing that without him the company would go up and flames, when in reality the only reason he had agreed to work with clients was so he could take them out to fancy restaurants, claiming it all on the company's expenses. Of course Chanyeol, Kris and Junmyeon knew this, however, Jongdae did manage to bring in many new clients and so they let his action slide.

Jongin and Sehun were still in high school, Jongin was incredibly popular, drawing in many people due to his looks and dancing, despite his popularity, Jongin was a kind-hearted individual who did not see himself above the other students, like some popular kids did. Sehun was greatly different to Jongin, he quiet personality and his defensive nature caused other students to be wary of him, which he didn't particularly mind, he enjoyed his own company and the wariness with which he was regarded with by the student body. Many students swore that the two were never brothers, the only indication to this being that the two arrive together in the same car each morning. Unlike Jongin, Sehun had a part time job, Jongin was usually busy with his social life and didn't feel the need to get one, considering their family had a lot of money already. Sehun, on the other hand, believed that getting a part time job would give him a set of skills that would help him when he joined their family company after his education and it always felt good to see he had earned money through his own hard work, rather than getting it handed to him.

The Park family shared the secret of having soulmates, each one of them yearned to find that destined person who they would be able to spend their whole lives with. 

 

 

This is is just an intro to the soulmate idea and the Park family (like I said before, I changed the names of half of them so they could all be brothers). I'm probaly going to do a couple at a time, which may take a few chapters each, so if their are any requests for a certain couple to be next, tell me :).

 

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter.