I Need You

You Are My Sunshine

Jungkook sat in the headmasters office, a scowl on his face, he glared at the boy sat across from him. Taehyung was sat next to him, the back of Jungkooks hand in an attempt to calm him down. Jungkook felt a tiny bit of satisfaction, seeing the bruise that had started to form on the other boys face, he totally deserved it.

 

The door to the office slammed shut, the headmaster entering and taking a seat at his desk, he did not look pleased, "I have called your parents, they will be here soon, Taehyung I know you weren't directly involved in this incident, but I would appreciate it if you gave your side of the story. Until your parents arrive, I want you to reflect on your actions, you are both in college, this is unacceptable behaviour.".

 

Jungkook just continued to glare at the other boy.

 

~

 

Yixing was sat in the shopping centre at one of his favourite cafes, he had spent the day shopping along with Baekhyun and they were taking a break. His phone rang and he swiftly answered it, "Hello?" He greeted.

 

"Hello is this Mr Park, Jungkooks parent?" A voice called out.

 

"Ah yes it is, is there something wrong?" He was beginning to get worried, he had never received a call concerning Jungkook before.

 

"Well, you see Jungkook has been involved in an incident along with his friend Taehyung and another boy in his year, I would appreciate if you could come to the school so we can sort it out. I will also be ringing Taehyungs parents as well." The woman explained and Yixing looked at Baekhyun in shock.

 

"Ah that won't be necessary, I'm with Taehyungs parent right now, we'll be there as soon as possible." Yixing bid the woman farewell and hung up.

 

He was met with Baekhyuns confused expression, "Is everything alright, where are we going?".

 

Yixing motioned for him to stand up and follow him to the car, "Jungkook and Taehyung were involved in an incident, the school wants us to come in." He replied, still shocked at the news.

 

"An incident?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Yixing nodded, "Its so unlike them, they're both such good children, I can't understand what they could have done for us to get called in.". Yixing was truly at a loss.

 

"Let's hurry up, I want to find out." Baekhyun stated as they got in the car and drove to the school.

 

~

 

They reached the school and Baekhyun quickly exited the vehicle along with Yixing, rushing towards the reception area, they were met by the receptionist and escorted to the headmasters office, Baekhyun entered first and everyone turned to look at the two. 

 

The headmaster was sat at his desk, Jungkook and Taehyung were sat to one side of the desk with a boy and his parents sat on the other side. Baekhyun noticed that the parents of the boy were scowling at Jungkook and Baekhyun guessed it was due to the bruise that was on their sons face. If Baekhyun wasn't so worried about what had happened, he would have been impressed, he'd never have expected Jungkook to be capable of that.

 

Baekhyun rushed to his son, checking him over, "Are you alright, honey?" He questioned and Taehyung sent him a reassuring smile. Yixing had done the same to Jungkook.

 

The headmaster cleared his throat, directing Baekhyun and Yixing to sit down on the seats next to their children, "Now that you are all here, I will explain what has happened. From what I have been told, it seems as though Jungkook and Hyunwoo were fighting and it is believed that Taehyung was involved somehow. All of them refused to speak about it and so I had to call you in. So if you could Jungkook, please explain what happened."

 

~

 

Jungkook could feel his mother look at him and he felt awful for making him worry, but he'd do it all again. He took a deep breath, "I was going to meet Taehyung for lunch and as I neared, I saw Hyunwoo harassing him, telling him that he was disgusting for having a boyfriend and two dads, so I punched him.".

 

"My son would not do that!" Hyunwoos mother shrieked, clearly outraged at Jungkooks words. The rest of the adults had varying expressions of shock on their face. Jungkook could feel his mothers and Yixings hurt at Jungkooks words and he wished he didn't have to say them.

 

"This is outrageous!" The woman shouted again, "How dare you sit there and spout lies.". 

 

"Alright!" The headmaster interrupted her, "Taehyung could we hear your side of the story?". Taehyung had been silent since they had entered the room, he nodded and adhered to the request, Jungkook gripped his hand tightly, sending him a warm smile.

 

"I was waiting for Jungkook and then Hyunwoo came up to me, he kept saying things like I was stupid and unloved that's why my parents didn't want me. He also said I was dirty and disgusting for being with Jungkook and having two male parents." Taehyung responded quietly, his eyes starting to water and small tears running down his cheeks.

 

Jungkook gritted his teeth, hating to see Taehyung like this, his boyfriend was such a kind hearted and bright person and he didn't deserve to be told these things. Jungkook saw his mother grimace at the words, Baekhyun looked heartbroken as he tried to console his son.

 

The headmaster was shocked and turned to the Hyunwoo, "If this is true, there will be severe consequences, we do not tolerate this type of behaviour here and I am shocked at hearing this.". Hyunwoo shrank into his seat, his mothers face turning bright red, "How dare you threaten my son like that! We are leaving right now and this won't be the end, mark my words." She huffed before dragging her son out of the room, his father following behind them.

 

As soon as they left Jungkook slid out of his seat and knelt before Taehyung, holding his hands tightly, "Hey, it's alright, forget about him, I'm still here and there are so many people who love you Tae, so please don't be sad." He cooed softly, trying to stop the boy from crying. Taehyung just leant forward, his arms wrapping around Jungkooks neck as he let quiet sobs out into the others shoulder.

 

Jungkook cradled Taehyungs head, it softly, as he whispered reassurances into his ear.

 

~

 

Baekhyun felt an overwhelming sense of worry and sadness for his son, he was the most beautiful child, with a positive personality that could effortlessly make anyone smile. He felt so useless at not being able to protect his son from harsh comments that were undeserved, the only relief was that his son had Taehyung who was clearly more than willing to stand up for his on whenever he needed to.

 

The headmaster sighed and Baekhyun directed his attention to him, Jungkook and Taehyung still in their own world. "I can not apologise enough for this, I had hoped nothing like this would ever happen and I'm so sorry that such a wonderful student such as Taehyung had to be put through it. I will see to it that the other boy is dealt with and you don't need to worry about him coming back. I will not impose any punishment on Jungkook as I feel it was justified, I sincerely hope this does not happen again. For the rest of the day, I believe it would be best for you to take Jungkook and Taehyung away form the school." He finished.

 

Baekhyun and Yixing nodded, both of them feeling hurt from the incident, they couldn't help as though feeling it was their fault, after all they were in relationships with other men and as much as it was more accepted now, there would always be people who opposed to it. Baekhyun really was heartbroken to hear that he was the reason Taehyung had been bullied. 

 

Baekhyun bid the headmaster farewell and Yixing helped him to pull their children up, escorting them to the car. 

 

~

 

The ride home was spent in silence, no one really wanting to bring up a conversation just yet, especially with Taehyung still so upset. Yixing drove them to Baekhyuns house and parked up outside it and the four got out, Baekhyun unlocked the door and they followed him inside, they all went towards the lounge and squished up together on on couch so they could all cuddle Taehyung.

 

Baekhyun his sons hair, "Tae, baby, you know we love you a lot right?" He started and Taehyung nodded shakily, "So you know that those words mean nothing, you are the light in mine and Chanyeols life and it doesn't matter what anyone says, you are always wanted and that will never change.".

 

Baekhyun then turned to Jungkook, "I want to say thank you for looking after Tae, it's great to see that my son has such a caring boyfriend.".

 

Yixing smiled down at his son, he was pretty sure any normal parent would be annoyed that their child had gotten into a fight, but Yixing was glad to know that Jungkook would stand up for someone he treasures. "Jungkook," he began, his son looked up at him with unsure eyes, most likely expecting Yixing to tell him off, "I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I'm so proud of you." He said and Jungkook looked so relieved, "I am proud of the knowledge that you stood up for Tae when he needed it.".

 

Jungkook nodded, smiling at Tae who was curled against his chest, "I would do it all over again, Tae is the most precious thing in the world to me and no one is allowed to say those things to him.". Tae gave a small smile clutching Jungkooks hand tighter.

 

~

 

"Alright babe, I'll be home soon." He replied, hanging the phone up. Chanyeol was angry, how dare some obnoxious child spout nonsense to his son, hearing Baekhyun tell him what had happened, along with his tone filled with worry made Chanyeol burn. He made a huge effort to calm himself down as he pulled up to the house, he knew there was no use getting all riled up, his family needed him.

 

Chanyeol felt awful for Taehyung and equally so for Baekhyun, who had always worried about whether he would be a good parent, hearing the words that boy had said must have hurt Baekhyun, Chanyeol knew he would think it was his fault.

 

Chanyeol entered the lounge and found Taehyung curled up in Baekhyuns lap, Baekhyun had told him that their son had been crying since they had been in the office, only stopping temporarily. "Oh Tae." He sighed.

 

Taehyung looked up, red eyes spilling tears down his face, he held out his arms and Chanyeol joined them on the couch, bundling his son up in a hug. He felt the boy shake in his arms. Chanyeol rubbed his back, "Don't cry Tae." He soothed.

 

Eventually Tae drifted off to sleep, all the crying had exhausted him. Chanyeol looked at the boy that was curled up between them, he sent a glance to Baekhyun who was staring at their child with a sad expression, "Baek don't worry, it's not your fault." He promised.

 

Baekhyun looked at him, eyes wide, "But what if it was, he was teased because of us, I'm such a bad mother.".

 

"No you're not!" A voice argued and they looked down to find Taehyung awake.

 

~

 

Taehyung looked up at his parents, "You are the best parents I could ever ask for, you're so kind and supportive and gave me a loving home after I was abandoned, so don't ever think that you are anything less than perfect.".

 

Taehyung said the words with confidence, he really did believe them, without them, Taehyung would be alone, with nowhere to call home, he was forever grateful for his parents.

 

"Oh honey, you deserve only the best, I'm just so sorry we couldn't protect you." His mum said in a shaky voice, sniffling slightly. Taehyung sent him a warm smile, hugging him tightly, "You protect me more than enough and I have Jungkook as well, so don't worry, I love you both a lot." Taehyung assured. 

 

Taehyung felt his dad wrap his arms around the both of them, "And I love you both even more." Chanyeol noted. Taehyung felt so warm and safe, he truly loved his family.

 

~

 

The morning after, Taehyung bid his parents goodbye and headed outside to find Jungkook already waiting for him. He grinned as his boyfriend rounded the car and pulled him into an embrace. Taehyung buried his head into Jungkooks shoulder, Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyungs waist, "Feeling better?" Jungkook questioned.

 

Taehyung nodded, "Better now that you're here.", he tilted his head up to connect their lips and they shared a sweet kiss. Pulling back Taehyung sent his boyfriend a warm smile, Jungkook returned it with an even bigger smile.

 

"Let's get to school, Jins been texting me nonstop to see how you are." Jungkook told him and Taehyung giggled, Jin was just like a mother to all of them.

 

They got into Jungkooks car, "No Jimin today?" He observed, usually Jungkook drove his brother to school. 

 

Jungkook chuckled, "Nah, Yoongi finally learnt how to drive, so he's taking him from now on, I think I'd be more worried about him falling asleep in the middle of driving.".

 

Taehyung laughed, it was definitely a possibility, even though he had grown up, Yoongi still slept pretty much all of the time, in fact Taehyung was fairly certain that when Jimin and Yoongi had dates, it just consisted of Yoongi sleeping.

 

They arrived at the school and hand in hand they walked to their usual meet up spot. Taehyungs breath was knocked out of him as a body barrelled into his, arms wrapping around him in a tight embrace, "Oh Tae, are you okay?!" Jin exclaimed, pulling back to inspect his face.

 

Taehyung just grinned and nodded, "I'm fine now," he sent a smile back to Jungkooks, "I had a lot of help.".

 

Jin let out a sigh of relief, "I swear, if that awful person ever shows up again, he won't escape alive.".

 

Taehyung giggled, "I know I can count on you.". It was true, he knew he could count on all of his friends and his friends knew they could count on him for anything, they really were an inseparable group and it only served to make them stronger.

 

 

 

 

The first chapter for the kids! This is so much more sad than I intended it to be, I promise the rest of them won't be sad :) 

 

I have been writing another story, it's a Mafia au centered around Chanbaek and I'll hopefully be putting it up soon, I've wrote about 11 chapters already and I just don't know how to bring it to an end.

 

Btw has anyone heard Lays new album, I love it so much, haha but I was so shocked by the lyrics for peach, like Lay is so cute and innocent and then he comes out with dances and lyrics that are so mature, he kills me all the time. 

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all next time :)