A Trip Down Memory Lane

You Are My Sunshine

Jimin woke to the sound of his alarm, it was set to a random piano tune that didn't blare out and shock him awake, he reached over and tapped his screen to turn off the alarm. He then sat up and stretched his arms above him with a groan. His mobile made a noise, the sound belonged to text notifications, Jimin retrieved his mobile from his night stand and unlocked it to find a message from Yoongi

 

'Good morning beautiful ;)'

 

Jimin grinned and rolled his eyes at how cringey his boyfriend was, he quickly typed out a reply,

 

'Good morning to you too :)'

 

Seconds later a reply popped up,

 

'I'll pick you up in an hour, I can't wait to see your beautiful face'

 

Jimin blushed lightly and told Yoongi he would be ready before locking his phone and dropping it on to the bed.

 

It had been a few weeks since his boyfriend had finally gotten his drivers license and now they could go to school together. Jimin preferred it to going with Jungkook and Taehyung, not that he didn't love them both to bits, but it was always kind of awkward when they had their morning make out session against the car door, right in Jimins sight.

 

Jimin jumped out of his bed and swiftly took a shower, afterwards he got dressed and dried his hair into a presentable style. He checked his mobile and found he had around fifteen minutes until Yoongi would be here, grabbing his bag and jacket he headed to the kitchen to grab some food.

 

He entered the kitchen and found his parents and Jungkook sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen, all eating cereal.

 

His mother was facing the door and smiled when Jimin entered, "Good morning sweetie, come and have something to eat, I assume Yoongi is coming for you?".

 

Jimin nodded, "Yeah, he'll be here soon.", he slid into a seat besides Jungkook, grabbing a bowl and the cereal, he assembled his breakfast and began to eat it. "I'm surprised that boy hasn't fallen asleep yet, it's all he ever did when he was a child, I'm pretty sure Luhan had him checked but the doctors told them he just liked sleeping a lot." His father added in amusement, causing the others to chuckle.

 

Jimin had to agree that he too was impressed at how attentive his boyfriend was when driving, he didn't mind that Yoongi liked to sleep a lot, it was cute when he curled up with his head in Jimins lap, Jimin liked to run his fingers through the others hair, it helped them both to relax.

 

"He just makes up for the lack of sleep in classes," Jungkook comments, "How on earth he manages to keep up perfect grades I will never know.". Jimin laughs at the others words, "He studies a lot, when he's not sleeping." He explains.

 

"But he's always sleeping!" Jungkook claims, "Maybe he does it in his sleep.". Jimin rolls his eyes and continues to eat his breakfast. His father finishes his own cereal and stands up from the table, putting the dish in the sink, he kisses his husband, "I'm off now, I'll see you later." He pats Jimin and Jungkooks shoulder. "Ah!" His mother starts, "Don't forget everyone's coming over later.". 

 

"I won't," his father promises with a smile, before waving goodbye and heading out the door. 

 

Jimins mobile chimes and he sends it a glance, it's a message from Yoongi telling him he'll be there in a few minutes, Jimin sends a reply and quickly eats the rest of his cereal. "Since everyone is coming, make sure you're both back here as soon as you can, okay?" His mother requests and both him and Jungkook smile and nod.

 

His mother looks at the clock and lets out a quick gasp, "Oh dear, I need to do so much." He got up and dropped kisses on to both Jungkooks and Jimins heads, "I'll see you both tonight my little bunnies, have a good day.". 

 

His mother left the room to prepare for later and Jimin began to put away the breakfast things, having finished his cereal. Jimin sends Jungkook a smirk, "You heard him, be on time tonight, that means no weird stuff in your car because I'm not there anymore, don't think I haven't noticed that you and Tae always get to school way later than you should.". 

 

Jungkook sends him a wry look, "Oh and I'm sure that when you and Yoongi disappear during our breaks, that you aren't doing anything weird.". Jimin replies with a look of innocence, "I have no idea what you're on about.". Jungkook snorts and mumbles, "I'm sure you don't.".

 

Jimin ignores his brothers comment and continues to put away the stuff, washing the bowls that had been discarded. By the time he had finished a few minutes had passed and Jimin heard the door bell ring, with a smile he grabbed his belongings and headed to the door. Swinging it open, he found his boyfriend, Yoongi sent him a cute grin and Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi, the others arms coming up to encase him.

 

"Good morning, baby." He greeted, Jimin laughed, "Didn't we already do this?". Yoongi chuckled softly, his breath tickling Jimins ear. Yoongi hummed in thought and moved back to look at Jimin, "There is something we haven't done.". Jimin sends him a look of confusion, "This." Yoongi adds before ducking to connect their lips. 

 

Jimin smiles against his boyfriends lips, loving the way they fit together perfectly, it was an innocent kiss, their lips barely moving against each other.

 

"Come on, not right in the doorway." A voice complained from behind Jimin, the couple separated and Jimin turned to find Jungkook, he scoffed, "Says the one who has his own full on make out with Tae every morning.".

 

"Yeah, but that's not in front of the door." He reminds, slipping past Jimin and Yoongi, making his way to his own car.

 

Jimin sighs and turns back to Yoongi, who was staring at him, Jimin smiles warmly and leans forward to peck the others lips, "Good morning." He greets. Yoongi grins and Jimin closes the door behind him before allowing his boyfriend to pull him towards the car. Jungkook had already sped away, but there was no doubt in Jimins mind that they would only show up a minute before their lesson started.

 

The drive was uneventful, Jimin had noticed over the past few weeks, that his boyfriend liked to focus all of his attention on the road when he was driving. Jimin had once voiced his thoughts and Yoongi had told him that he wanted to make sure he didn't mess up and cause any accidents, as a result Jimin always made an effort to keep quiet unless his boyfriend spoke first, he knew how dangerous it could be when a driver didn't focus on what he was doing.

 

They got to the college and Yoongi pulled in to a space next to their friends cars, as usual Jungkooks car wasn't there yet, and most likely wouldn't be there for at least another twenty minutes.

 

Since they only had about twenty five minutes until their lesson began, the two headed to their usual meet up spot, which was situated at a bench in the middle of the grass area in front of the college. As they approached, Jimin could already spot Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok.

 

The two of them joined the table, "Hey guys." Jimin broke in to the conversation they were having, something about the work they were doing in one of their lessons.

 

The others turned to smile at them, sending hello's their way, "We were just talking about the project we're starting today in social studies." Jin explained and Jimin groaned. Social studies was a stupid excuse for a subject that all the students were required to take, it was focused on current events, the only positive was that all of them shared the same class, which made it somewhat bearable. 

 

They had been notified that they would be starting a project today and Jimin wasn't looking forward to the amount of work he was going to have to put in for some useless presentation they would have to give on a subject that he couldn't care less about.

 

"Ugh and Mr Lee is gonna be all awkward and difficult again." Hoseok complained, "Especially if Jungkook and Tae turn up after the lesson starts again, I swear they like getting shouted at.". The group sighed, knowing Hoseoks words were true. Their teacher, was an old guy, Jimin was sure he hated kids and it was true Jungkook and Taehyung were practically asking to get reprimanded, considering they turned up either late or just in time for every lesson.

 

With their remaining time, the talked about nonsense and eventually it was time to head to lesson. Jimin sat down at his usual desk and cast a glance to the two empty seats left near them. The clock was ticking and their teacher would arrive in the next five minutes without a doubt. Thirty seconds before the final bell rang, Jungkook and Taehyung rushed in, their hair slightly messed up, some of their buttons undone or haphazardly put back together. They managed to get to their seats just as the bell rang.

 

The two were sat on the desks in front of Jimin and he rolled his eyes at the smirk Jungkook sent him, "Could you not mess around for one morning?" He questioned. Jungkook shook his head, the smirk still in place, "Nope, and definitely not today, mum would be sad if we were late and I had to make up for it earlier instead.".

 

The teacher entered the room, preventing anymore comments from Jimin, he sent a glance around the room and scowled at the sight of Taehyung and Jungkook, "I see you have decided to grace us with your presence." He observed with a tone of distaste. Without waiting for a reply, he moved straight on to the lesson.

 

As expected, they were beginning the project, the teacher handed out booklets and basically told them to get on with it, warning them that he wouldn't help them so they shouldn't even ask. The class dispersed, finding more preferable spots to do their projects, Jungkook and Taehyung disappeared, most likely to do anything but their project, Hoseok joined Jin and Namjoon and they all headed to the benches outside.

 

Jimin and Yoongi decided to head to the library, Jimin figured they should actually get a start on the project, unlike the others who would leave it until the last day and then try to pull something together in a couple of hours. On their way, Yoongi slid his hand into Jimins and swung it lightly, he had an eyebrow quirked, as if he was hinting at something.

 

Jimin sent him a glance and chuckled, "I know what you're thinking and I'm sorry but not now.". Yoongi pouted and let out a disapproving noise, "We need to do this project." Jimin insisted. Yoongi continued to pout, his eyes pleading. Jimin sighed, "Maybe if we get far enough, I guess we can escape at lunch." He compromised. Yoongis face instantly lit up and he hummed happily.

 

They made it to the library and headed straight for the section of books they needed, grabbing a stack each, they sat down at one of the tables. There were a few books scattered across the table and Jimin began to collect them into a pile so that he could move them out of the way. 

 

One particular book passed his sight and he stopped, taking in the cover, it was a year book and the year on it was familiar to Jimin. He wracked his brain and let out an "Ah!" As he realised, the yearbook belonged to the same year that Yoongis and Namjoons parents had left the college.

 

Yoongi heard Jimin and peered over his shoulder, "Isn't that..." Yoongi began. "Your parents year." Jimin finished. The two sat down at the table and began to leaf through the book, it started with a collection of pictures from the prom and Jimins eyes landed on two pictures that contained familiar faces. Yoongis hand came up and traced around the border of the picture his parents were in, a small smile on his face.

 

In the picture next to it, Namjoons parents were stood together, their arms wrapped around each other, loving gazes on their faces. Jimin smiled at how sweet both the couples were. "I'm so lucky." Yoongi stated, "Not only do I have such wonderful parents, I have the most amazing boyfriend as well.".

 

Jimin grinned and settled his hand over Yoongis, giving it a gentle squeeze, "We're all lucky, we all ended up with such supportive parents that allowed us to stay together.".

 

Jimin flicked through a few pages and landed on a series of photos that contained each student and teacher. Jimin let out a laugh and pointed to picture of one of the teachers, "I didn't know Taes mum taught your parents." Jimin commented. He went through a few more pages and finally found the page with Yoongis and Namjoons parents on. 

 

Jimins eyes scanned the page and rested on the pictures of Sehun and Jongin that were side by side, he chuckled at the sight of many hearts drawn around the frames, he was slightly perplexed at the sight of the devils horns that were drawn on Kyungsoos and Luhans pictures, accompanied by pitch forks and a pointed tail each.

 

~

 

Yoongi looked at the pictures fondly, it was so nice to see how loving his parents were, even from such a young age. He made a mental note to enquire about the drawings added to his mothers picture. 

 

They spent a bit looking through the year book, before Jimin decided they should really start their project. Reluctantly, Yoongi placed the book to one side, reminding himself not to forget it, they were going to take it to show to the rest of the family later.

 

Just like Yoongi had expected, the project was boring, there were so many other ways Yoongi could think of to pass the time. After the hour finished, they had to part ways to different classes, they would only see each other at their breaks and then after school.

 

Yoongi slept through most of his classes, the teachers had given up on him, he still produced good grades so they didn't really care if he was put awake. They had planned to show the others the yearbook at their dinner break, however, Jimin had caught Yoongi on his way out of class and made good on his promise from earlier and so they were a little too preoccupied to meet their friends. 

 

The end of the day rolled around and they were all planning to meet at Jimins house, where the whole family was meeting up. Yoongi was leaning against his car, waiting for Jimin to turn up, the others had already left, but Jimin had forgotten a book and had to go back to retrieve it. 

 

Yoongi saw Jimin exit the building and smiled at the sight of his boyfriend, Jimin was truly everything he could have ever wanted and more. He was so thoughtful and caring and never had a problem with how much he slept, Yoongi was pretty sure he was the definition of perfection.

 

"Got your book?" He questioned as the other drew near. Jimin bobbed his head with a smile and they both got into the car. The drive to Jimins house was quick and soon he was pulling up next to Jungkooks car, "Geez our family owns too many cars." He noted, taking in the long line of cars and these weren't even all of them.

 

Jimin chuckled as they got out the car, Jimin led them into the house and they followed the noise, finding the whole group in the lounge. Yoongi was always impressed with how big the room was, even with nineteen of them in there, it still managed to look big.

 

Over the years, more couches had been added, so there was enough room for everyone, the two of them entered, receiving greetings from everyone, as they took a seat on an empty couch.

 

Yoongis parents were sat on the seat next to them and his mother leant over to pat his cheek, "Did you have a good day at school, honey?". Yoongi nodded, "Oh and we found something, you might find it interesting." He stated.

 

Yoongi turned to Jimin and asked him for the yearbook, Jimin grabbed it from his bag and passed it to Yoongi. Yoongi turned back to his parents and slid the book into his mothers lap.

 

His mother looked at it in confusion, his eyes scanned the cover and his face lit up, "Oh my gosh guys, look at this." He exclaimed, drawing the rooms attention.

 

"What is it?" Kyungsoo inquired, leaning over to try and sneak a peek. Luhan held it out so that everyone could see it, "It's our yearbook.".

 

"Well open it then." Jongin instructed, clearly eager to see inside. Luhan flipped it open and saw the prom pictures, "Oh my don't we all look so precious." He cooed, passing it around so that everyone could see it. There were various noises of agreement as each person looked at the photos.

 

When it reached Taehyungs parents, more pages were flipped, "Oh look! I'm in it as well." Baekhyun added as he inspected his own photo. From what Yoongi had heard, Baekhyun was a teacher for a while, some time after the seven of them were adopted, he gave up his job, wanting to focus more on taking care of Taehyung.

 

"We were wondering about the student pictures, it seems they were added too." Jimin explained, he had got a hold of the book and changed the page to the student pictures. Jongin let out a laugh as he saw what had been done, "It seems no one appreciated how scary you two were." He sent a glance to Kyungsoo and Luhan.

 

All of the children had similar looks of confusion on their faces, "When we were in school, Kyungsoo and Luhan enjoyed proving to everyone that they didn't stand a chance, it didn't sit to well with most of the girls." Jongin explained. "In fact," Jongin continued, he fished his mobile out of his pocket and began to search for something, he let out an "A-hah!" As he spotted the thing, "Luhan was pretty possessive.".

 

Jongin passed the phone to Yoongi and the other children gathered around him, he pressed play on the video and found it was taken in the cafeteria, it was focused on Sehun who was sat at a table. Yoongi was confused at first and then he saw Luhan storm through the cafeteria, his eyes widened as his mother pulled up his father and connected their lips. The video finished as his mother dragged his father from the cafeteria.

 

"Why do you even still have a video of that?" Luhan questioned, his expression slightly mortified that it had been shown. Jongin had a smug smirk on his face, "It makes me laugh, especially the sight of all those girls who realised their precious prince Sehunnie was taken.".

 

The adults let out laughs and Sehun simply rolled his eyes, Yoongi felt somewhat weirded out by seeing his parents make out in front of an entire student body, but at least he knew why his mothers face had been drawn over.

 

 

 

Here's a chapter for Yoonmin, it feels like it's been ages since I last updated this story, in my defence I've started yet another story, which I have released the first chapter for, so I hope you will all give it a chance, it's Chanbaek centred and I've pretty much just been writing that.

 

And ugh I've been having driving lessons and I'm so not looking forward to doing the test, I haven't even booked it yet and I'm already worried, it's so difficult it's like there's so many things to look out for, but at least I haven't run over anyone yet.

 

Anyway, yeah so I've got a new fix, it's called 'Remember', it's not the Mafia one I was on about, I'm not quite happy with that one yet so I don't know when I'll put it up, (sorry for the shameless self advertising)

 

Hopefully I'll update this within a week, I know the updates are slow, but after writing over 30 chapters, I'm trying to think up new and exciting chapters that haven't already been done in previous chapters, so even though it's slow, I won't give it up.

 

Thankyou for reading and I just want to say thankyou again for all the comments, votes and subs, it really does motivate me to write :)