Finding The Missing Piece

You Are My Sunshine

Junmyeon was sat at the dining table, looking around at how empty it was, although it had been a few years this way, he never really got used to the lack of noise. A couple of years ago, his brothers and their soulmates had all moved out, they had left the main house to Junmyeon and Yixing, their reason for this had been that Junmyeon had done so much for them before that he deserved to keep the house.  

 

Junmyeon was surprised to say the least, he hadn't expected any of them to do that. As much as Junmyeon loved having a house just for Yixing and himself, it was difficult to go from having a house full of twelve to just two. Junmyeon dearly misses the collective meals they had, where they would each talk about their day.

 

Yixing slipped into the dining room and Junmyeon gave him a sad smile, Yixing cooed and came round to Junmyeons chair, holding his arms out.

 

Junmyeon let out a sigh and leaned against Yixings stomach, Yixing wrapped his arms around Junmyeons head and started to Junmyeons head.

 

"It's been years and you're still not used to it." Yixing mused.

 

Junmyeon hummed and nodded, "Even if they are here all the time, I miss everyone always being here.".

 

Yixing hummed in contemplation and Junmyeon looked up at the sound. Yixings expression told Junmyeon that he wanted to say something, but was unsure of if he should.

 

"What's wrong?" Junmyeon asked.

 

Yixing seemed to make up his mind and looked at Junmyeon with determination, "You're lonely right?".

 

Junmyeon nodded slowly, not getting where Yixing was going, Yixing sent him a soft smile, "Well, I think it's been long enough and I've always wanted this, I was wondering if you felt it was time for us to adopt?".

 

Junmyeon blinked as he took in and registered his soulmates words, "Adopt?", he repeated, more to himself than Yixing.

 

Yixing nodded, "I know we wanted to wait, but I feel ready and I would love to have a child with you Junmyeon.".

 

The more Junmyeon thought about it, the more he found himself wanting to do it as well.

 

~

 

(A few weeks later)

 

Yixing was excited, he couldn't wait to tell everyone the news. He and the other soulmates had all been talking about how they wanted to adopt children and Yixing had found a great solution; there was a group of seven boys, all three years old, they were utterly adorable and Yixing and Junmyeon had already gotten close to two of them.

 

They were currently sat in the lounge, each couple sat together. Junmyeon had asked them all to come over without telling them the reason and each of them was curious.

 

"So what was the news?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Well," Yixing started, "In the past year, there has been a lot of talk about adopting," he saw each of the couples nod their heads, "A couple of weeks ago, me and Junmyeon went to an orphanage and found seven boys, they are all four years old and very close to each other. Me and Junmyeon have already fell in love with two of them and so if you all think you are ready there are five other wonderful children that would love to have a home.".

 

Yixing finished and looked around the room, checking how each of the couples would react. Yixing was happy to see each of the couples nod at each other, smiles on their faces. Eventually everyone turned back to Yixing, "I think, I can say this for everyone, that we would love to meet the children." Jongdae concluded and hums echoed around the room.

 

Yixing beamed, "That's great to hear, well we can drive to the orphanage now if you'd all like?". The group nodded and everyone exited the house and jumped in their cars. It was easy to see that everyone was excited to meet the kids who could be their future children.

 

The orphanage was reasonably close and the group arrived in no time, they entered the orphanage and the owner greeted them, slightly surprised at the number of people. She greeted Yixing first, "Its nice to see you again, I assume you are here to see the children?" Yixing nodded, he had told the owner that he planned to invite his family, as they were all considering adoption.

 

The lady led them to a room, before entering she turned to the group with a warm smile, "In this room you will see a set of chairs located around the room, I ask that each couple chooses a pair to sit at, I will then bring the children in, they are very sweet but can be shy, there are a lot of new people here and I ask that you respect their nervousness and allow them to approach you first.".

 

The group nodded and the lady opened the door, the group filled in and were directed to the chairs, each pair sat at a different part of the room and waited anxiously for the children.

 

The lady returned soon, along with seven adorable children. The children cautiously entered the room, looking at each of the couples. Two of the children found Yixing and Junmyeon and let out wide smiles as they rushed up to the couple. The children made grabby hands and both Yixing and Junmyeon pulled a child each up onto their laps.

 

Yixing smiled down at the two cute children they were holding. They both had chestnut brown hair and almond coulored eyes, their names were Jungkook and Jimin and Yixing already loved them to bits. 

 

Yixing chuckled at their cuteness and tapped Jungkook's nose, causing him to giggle and wriggle around in Yixings lap. "I missed you very, very a lot!" Jungkook exclaimed and both Yixing and Junmyeon laughed.

 

"Oh really? How much did you miss us?" Yixing teased.

 

Jungkook hummed in contemplation before stretching his arms as far as they could reach, "I missed you very this much!" He responded, desperately trying to move his arms further apart.

 

Yixing chuckled at the child, "I also missed you very a lot." Jimin added, a bright smile on his face.

 

~

 

Baekhyun sat watching the other five children, he was so worried that none of the, would come up to him and Chanyeol. And then it happened, a small boy wandered up to them, his mouth wide open as he looked up at Chanyeol.

 

"You're so tall mister giant!" He exclaimed in a tone of wonder.

 

The couple laughed at the little boy and Baekhyun slid off the chair and knelt in front of the child. The child turned his attention to Baekhyun, the same expression still on his face, "You're so pretty, just like a princess!" He bubbled and Baekhyun chuckled.

 

"I'm Baekhyun and the giant is Chanyeol, what's your name sweetie?" He asked the boy.

 

"My name is Taehyung, but they all call me Tae." The boy explained, Baekhyun was about to add a comment before the boy spoke again, "Will you be my mummy and daddy?" Taehyun asked, a look of hope shining on his small face.

 

Baekhyun melted at how sincere the child was and nodded, a smile on his face, "I would love for that Tae.".

 

~

 

Luhan watched as the children dispersed to each couple, a tiny boy stumbled towards him, yawning cutely, a hand rubbing his eyes. He was dragging a blanket behind him and Luhan smiled sweetly at the child.

 

"Hello, what would your name be?" Luhan asked, leaning down, so he could face the child.

 

The child stopped yawning and regarded Luhan with a sleepy look, "I'm Yoongi." He answered tiredly.

 

"I am Luhan and this is Sehun, it's very nice to meet you Yoongi." Luhan added, smoothing the bed head the child was sporting.

 

The child reach out an arm to Luhan and he pulled the child onto his lap. Yoongi immediately snuggled into Luhans chest and drifted off to sleep.

 

Luhan looked down at the child in his arms and turned to Sehun with a bright smile, "He's perfect baby." He told Sehun.

 

Sehun nodded, a warm smile on his face, and stoked the child's head, "He is and he looks even more perfect in your arms.".

 

~

 

Tao smiled at the other couples, who were bonding with the children, he looked back to see a pretty boy staring up at them, Tao knelt in front of the child and gave him a small wave and a smile. "I'm Tao and this is Kris, what's your name?" He enquired.

 

The child flicked his gaze between the two of them, before landing on Tao, "I'm Seokjin, but everyone calls me Jin.". Tao smiled brightly at the child.

 

Jin had a worried expression and Tao tilted his head, "What's wrong?" He asked softly.

 

The child looked down at the ground, a frown on his face, "Are you going to take away all my family? Are we not going to see each other anymore?". Taos heart broke at the sadness in Jins tone.

 

He wrapped his arms around the small frame and cradled the child's head, "No, no baby." He quickly assured, "You see we are all a family as well and we want to make sure that each of you boys has a great home that you belong too. If you do want to come with us, we will make sure that you can see your family whenever you want, okay?".

 

The child looks up at Tao with unsure eyes, "Do you promise?".

 

Tao smiles down at the child and leans in, "I pinky promise." He says as he links his finger with the child's.

 

The child looks at their entwined fingers and lets out a small giggle, "I guess I can trust you then.".

 

~

 

Kyungsoo watched as a child walked up to them, he smiled and gave the couple a wave, "I'm Namjoon, it's very nice to meet you.". Kyungsoo smiled in amusement at how mature the child was for four years old.

 

Kyungsoo waved back at the child, "I'm Kyungsoo and this is Jongin, you're very grown up for a four year old." He observed.

 

The child wore a proud expression, "Thank you very much, I read books every day, I've already read all the ones in the orphanage at least twice.".

 

Kyungsoos eyes widened, "Wow, all of them twice? You must be super smart then. I'll have to make sure we buy you some new books.".

 

The child's eyes sparkled, "Really?! You would buy me new books?", the child was vibrating with happiness and Kyungsoo grinned. "I will buy you a whole library, with every book you could ever want.".

 

The child launched himself at Kyungsoo and wrapped his tiny arms around Kyungsoos waist, squeezing hard.

 

Kyungsoo looked down at the small child and smiled warmly, a hand coming up to caress the child's soft locks.

 

~

 

Minseok watched the rest of the couples, each talking to small child and returned his gaze to the last child, looking around at his friends. As soon as he saw Minseok and Jongdae a wide smile appeared on his face and the child bounded up to the couple.

 

He latched his hands onto Minseoks pants and began to pull himself up with great difficulty, Minseok slipped his hands under the boys arms and hoisted him onto his lap. The little boy simply stared up at the couple, smiling widely.

 

Jongdae chuckled and softly poked the child's stomach, causing the boy to giggle and cover his tummy with small hands. "And who would you be?" Minseok asked.

 

The child looked up at Minseok with wide eyes, his smile still in place, "I am Hoseok, do you have a big house?" The child blurted curiously. Minseok and Jongdae laughed at the child, "We have a huge house, with lots of fast cars." Jongdae revealed.

 

"Woahhh" the child marvelled, his eyes even wider.

 

~

 

After chatting with the children for another hour, it was time for the children to nap. Yixing smiled as he saw the other couples tightly hugging the children, promising they would see each other again soon. Yixing dropped a kiss onto the heads of both Jimin and Jungkook, before they waved goodbye and followed their friends to the nap room.

 

"So what do you all think?" Yixing enquired looking at the others.

 

"They're perfect." Luhan confessed, his eyes sparkling at the memories of the sleepy child he had held.

 

The others voiced out their agreements, each wearing a smile. Yixing grinned, "I'm so happy to hear that.".

 

Personally, Yixing was ready to adopt Jimin and Jungkook, he knew Junmyeon was ready as well. He just hoped the others felt the same, and he was pretty sure they did, from they way they were whispering things to their soulmates, blinding smiles on their faces.

 

 

 

 

 

Ahhhh, here's the first part of this extra, I actually love this so much, I wanted to keep writing, but I decided to split it into parts. It took me so long to decide which child was right for each couple, I knew I wanted Sulay to have Jungkook and Jimin, because I felt like they would look so perfect with two adorable children. I also knew that I wanted Taehyung to be with Chanbaek (because I live for Baekhyun/Taehyung/Daehyun). Also I know this chapter is entirely from the soulmates POV so I will try to have the brothers POV in the next chapter.

 

I originally found BTS before EXO (by a few months), my username is named after Taehyung because he's my favourite (I love his deep voice, it's amazing). I felt as though I should include them, because the story means so much to me and I need to have my favourites in it.

 

It was a close toss up between Monsta X and BTS as the kids but I decided to go with BTS just so Taehyung could be with Baekhyun.

 

Also, the story has over 100 subs! I'm so happy and thankyou for everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented, it really makes me want to keep writing this story. I meant to put this in the last chapter but I was really tired and kind of forgot. Oh and if anyone wants to see anything or has a scene they would like to see I'd love to hear it.

 

As always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you next time :)