Planning

You Are My Sunshine

Minsoo slowly came to consciousness, he cracked his eyes open and found himself lay on Hoseoks chest, their legs wrapped around each others. Minsoo smiled sleepily, he felt so warm and safe in his soulmates arms, and he didn’t particularly want to move. Closing his eyes agin, he snuggled back into Hoseok, not a minute later, his stomach rumbled and he grimaced, attempting to ignore his hunger, he tried to go back to sleep. 

 

Clearly his body didn’t agree with this and his stomach continued to make noises, “Is someone hungry?” Hoseok asked, his voice startling Minsoo. Minsoo tilted his head up, meeting Hoseoks gaze, “I didn’t know you were awake.” He commented. Hoseok grinned, “Your stomachs complaints woke me up.”. 

 

Minsoo grinned sheepishly, “Sorry.” He apologised. Hoseok shook his head in amusement, “It’s fine, I’m hungry as well, so what do you say we go get some food?”, Hoseok proposed. Minsoo nodded, “I think if I wait any longer, I’ll starve to death.”.

 

Hoseok chuckled as Minsoo rolled off of the bed, he immediately headed into the bathroom, “I’m just taking a shower, give me five minutes.” Minsoo called. 

 

 

Hoseok laid in bed, not wanting to get up, it was so warm and comfortable, he heaved a sigh and pushed himself up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed he got up, heading over his clothes. He picked out an outfit and figured Minsoo had nothing to wear and so chose a shirt and a pair of shorts that would hopefully fit the smaller. 

 

He laid the clothes out on the bed and grinned at the thought of Minsoo wearing his clothes. A few minutes later, the shower stopped running, soon after, the bathroom door unlocked and Minsoo emerged, his hair soaked and plastered to his forehead. Minsoo was wearing the pants he had been wearing before and had a towel around his shoulders, covering himself. 

 

“I may have forgotten to bring clothes with me,” Minsoo revealed shyly. Hoseok smiled, “Already ahead of you,” he pointed to the clothes on the bed, “You can wear mine.”. Minsoo sent him a grateful smile and retrieved the clothes, he returned to the bathroom to get dressed. Whilst Minsoo was busy, Hoseok gathered his clothes, getting ready to use the bathroom. 

 

Minsoo exited the bathroom once again and Hoseok felt his heart quicken at the sight of his soulmate, Minsoo wasn’t that much smaller than him, but Hoseoks clothes seemed to bury him and it made him look adorable.

 

“So how do I look?” Minsoo questioned, twirling to show Hoseok, Hoseok drew near and caught Minsoo by the waist, he pecked the smaller lips and grinned, “Too cute for words.”. Minsoo blushed and playfully slapped Hoseoks arm, “Go get dressed so we can get food.” He directed.

 

Hoseoks grin didn’t falter as he grabbed his clothes and headed into the bathroom.

 

After a quick shower, he got dressed and headed back out into the room, Minsoo had just finished drying his hair, returning it to its normal fluffy state. Hoseoks eyes lingered on his soulmates figure as he moved around the room, wondering how someone so perfect could belong to him, it truly was amazing. 

 

Minsoo noticed his staring and sent him a smile, it was so full of love and adoration that Hoseok felt as though he might melt from looking for too long. Picking up the hair dryer, he dried his own hair, making sure it was completely dry before he returned the appliance to its rightful place.

 

Hoseok pulled on his shoes and grabbed his mobile and key card, “Ready?” He questioned. “Definitely, I’m so hungry.” Minsoo replied. The two of them left the room and caught the elevator down to the main floor, where the restaurant was located. Out of the corner of his eye, Hoseok could see Minsoo cast nervous glances down towards their hands, he figured his soulmate was too shy to hold his hand and so he took the lead and slid their hands together, entwining their fingers together. Minsoos cheeks turned a light pink as a shy smile appeared on his face.

 

“You know, you don’t have to ask, I’ll always want to hold your hand.” Hoseok added, causing Minsoo to blush harder. 

 

The elevator reached its destination and the doors rolled open, the two strolled out, heading towards the restaurant, when they got there, Hoseok spotted his parents who were sat at a table also having breakfast. 

 

He headed in their direction, the two of them weren’t facing Hoseoks direction and so they didn’t notice him until he and Minsoo slid into the seats opposite them. His parents smiled at him, “Good morning boys.” His mother greeted. He and Minsoo returned the greetings, “Where’s everyone else?” Hoseok inquired. 

 

His father looked up in contemplation, “Yixing dragged Junmyeon on some tour around the city, Tao and Kris joined them, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Luhan and Sehun went shopping, or rather Kyungsoo and Luhan went shopping and forced the other two to come and carry their things. I’m pretty sure Chanyeol and Baekhyun are still sleeping, along with all the other boys.”.

 

“By the way, why are you two up, it’s barely nine in the morning, I expected all of you to stay in bed until at least noon every day.” His mother quizzed.

 

“Well someone was too hungry to sleep and I was pretty hungry as well.” Hoseok answered, sending an amused glance towards his soulmate. His parents chuckled, “Well get something to eat then, me and your father were just finished and were planning to take a walk around the city. Oh and before I forget, Minsoo, I’d like to talk to you in private a bit later, don’t worry it’s nothing serious.” His mother told them.

 

Minsoo looked just as confused as Hoseok felt, he had no idea why his mother wanted to talk to Minsoo, but surely there was a good reason and so he wouldn’t object. “If you come to our room after you’ve finished breakfast, we can talk then, okay?”. His mother assured. Minsoo nodded and his mother smiled, “Well then, we’ll be going, I’ll see you two soon.” He added, before both of his parents stood up and left.

 

“...What do you think they want to talk about?” Minsoo asked, Hoseok could feel how worried the other was, he squeezed Minsoos hand in comfort and sent him a smile, “I’m sure it’s nothing, if anything, they probably just want to tell you embarrassing things about me, don’t worry.” Hoseok added, Minsoo chuckled and Hoseok could feel his worry lessening.

 

~

 

After breakfast, Minsoo and Hoseok headed back up to the room, they stopped outside Hoseoks parents room, “I’ll be right by if you need me.” Hoseok promised, pecking Minsoos cheek. Minsoo nodded and knocked on the door in front of him as Hoseok disappeared into his own room. 

 

The door opened and Minsoo was met with Minseok, “Come on in.” Minseok ushered him inside. Minsoo nervously entered the room and stood in the middle of it, slightly lost at what he should do. Minseok noticed his still form and pulled him towards a couch where he sat them both down. 

 

Jongdae wandered back into the room, coming from the balcony, he took one look at Minsoo and smirked, “Come on babe, can you not tell how frightened he is, it looks like he’s about to be sick.”. Minseok looked at him in shock, “Oh my! I’m so sorry, sweetie, I didn’t mean to make you so worried, it’s just that I could tell you what I wanted to with Hoseok there.” The elder offered him a warm smile and his actions helped to ease Minsoos nervousness, although he wasn’t completely comfortable, what could they possibly need to tell him without Hoseok?

 

“As you know, Hoseok and the other boys are adopted, the reason for this trip was to celebrate the anniversaries of their adoptions, they all know about this, but as their parents, we wanted to plan them a surprise party.” Minseok explained, “I was hoping that you would want to help us all put it together.”. Minsoo took in the others words and slowly a grin spread across his face, “I would love to help.” He answered. 

 

Minseok let out a noise of delight and pulled Minsoo into a hug, “I’m so glad, I’m sure with all of us, we can make this party perfect.”.

 

~

 

The next few days were spent with Minsoo secretly helping Minseok to plan the party, Hoseok often got suspicious of his actions, but Minsoo simply told him that he and his mother were bonding. 

 

Two days after being told, Minseok intruded onto the breakfast and stole Minsoo, declaring that he was taking him shopping and that Hoseok wasn’t allowed to go. Minsoo had to stop himself from laughing at Hoseoks shocked expression, followed by the outburst of complaints at how Minseok was constantly stealing Minsoo from him.

 

Minseok had simply rolled his eyes and told Hoseok to be quiet, Minsoo allowed himself to be pulled out of the resort, “So where are we going?” Minsoo inquired, over the past few days, he had gotten to know Hoseoks parents and he no longer felt nervous or worried around them, they were such nice people and Minsoo couldn’t be happier that they were his soulmates parents.

 

“For cake.” Minseok answered, his eyes sparkling at the thought of it. Minsoo laughed at the other expression, “Have you chosen where to get it from?”. Minseok hummed, “I’ve found a few places, but I’m not quite sure. I got Yixing, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Baekhyun and Tao to come along, I hope you don’t mind.” He added as he headed towards the cars, stood by them where the others that were tagging along.

 

“Geez Minseok, how long does it take?” Baekhyun complained, although the grin on his face opposed his words. “You try separating Taehyung and Jungkook and see how long that takes.” Minseok answered in explanation. The others laughed and shook their heads in amusement, “I’m just glad we could leave them at the resort along with the guys, can you imagine what it would be like trying to choose a cake with all twenty of us?” Luhan noted.

 

“I can guarantee those brothers would just say they liked all of them, just so they could leave quicker, I swear they can be such useless idiots sometimes.” Kyungsoo commented. They all nodded in agreement, Yixing let out a sigh, “But they are our useless idiots and what would we be without them.”. Once again, they all agreed, “Anyway, let’s go get this cake, where are we going first?” Tao asked.

 

“Well I have a few places in mind.” Minseok began, “Ah, if you don’t mind, I have a few suggestions, I’ve been here for a while and there are some places that are really well known for their cakes.” Minsoo interrupted. The adults all looked at him and he kind of wanted to retreat into his clothes at the sudden attention, usually he wasn’t this shy, in fact, he was positively outgoing, but the need to make a good impression on his soulmates family was making him weary of his actions.

 

“I completely forgot that you live here, that’s incredibly convenient and easier than going to more places than we need to.” Yixing replied with a gentle smile. “So let’s get going then?” Baekhyun urged. “I’ll lead with Minsoo, Yixing and Baekhyun, the rest of you can follow behind int he other car.” Minseok instructed, the group split up into two groups and got into the cars. 

 

Minsoo directed Minseok to the first cake store, it was a family owned bakery that focused on making exquisite cakes that were pleasing to see and taste. The group walked in and were greeted by the owners, Minseok began to speak with the owners in English, Minsoo was pretty impressed by how good his accent was, Minsoo had taken English lessons since he was young and so he understood every single word that was spoken. “We were wondering if you could design a cake for us?” Minseok started, the woman stood behind the counter smiled, “We would love to do that for you, would you like to follow me to the design room where we can discuss your options.”. “That would be great, thank you.” Minseok thanked her as the group followed the woman into a separate room, each of them took a seat at the table.

 

“So what do you have in mind?” The woman asked, “We are having a party to celebrate several adoptions and we were wondering if we could have a three layered cake, we wanted to have a tree on it winding around the layers and coming off of the branches we wanted to have each of the family’s names on it.” Minseok but his lip as the woman contemplated his request. After a short deliberation, the woman grinned, “That sounds fantastic, first of all, we would would need two days to finish this, would that be alright with you?”. “That would be great.” Minseok assured her. 

 

“Now that we’ve got the idea, what flavours would you like the cake to be, I can do each layer different, or all of them can be same if you wish?”, she questioned. “We talked and we wanted to have, chocolate, vanilla and red velvet.” Minseok revealed. 

 

The woman nodded, “We can do those flavours, usually we have our chocolate sponge  filled with a caramel and dark chocolate ganache. The vanilla sponge is filled with a strawberry and cream filling and the red velvet is filled with a cheese cake frosting, would that be something you’d like to try, I can get you some testers so that you can try them first if you’d like?”. 

 

Minseok smiled, “They sound amazing and we’d be delighted to try them.”. The woman smiled and left the room to gather the cakes, “Those cakes sound so good, I think I might die if they taste as good.” Luhan was practically drooling. The woman returned, pushing a cart with three different cakes on, they were each cut into slices, Minsoo took in the cakes and he had to admit, they looked amazing, as each of the slices were passed around, Minsoo couldn’t wait to taste them. 

 

He picked up the fancy dessert forks that were placed in front of them and he took a bite of the chocolate cake, he closed his eyes, savouring the rich chocolate, humming in delight he took several more bites. “This has to be one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever tasted and I have tasted a lot of cake.” Kyungsoo had joined Luhan and was nearly drooling. 

 

Next was the vanilla, Minsoo loved the taste of fresh strawberries that gave the rest of the cream a strawberry taste, the sponge was so light and fluffy, it felt like a cloud. “I swear if I wasn’t already married, I would be marrying this cake.” Yixing stated, causing the others to laugh.

 

Lastly was the red velvet and Minsoo could only describe it as perfect, the combination of flavour melded so beautifully and he was sure the woman had used some kind of magic to make these desserts. 

 

“I think it’s clear that we all love these cakes and I am delighted that we found you.” Minseok told the woman after they had finished their cakes. 

 

“I am more than happy that you have tasked me with creating a cake for such a wonderful reason, I’m sure your children feel so blessed to have parents such as yourself.” The woman replied.

 

The group went over the design to make sure it was perfect, after they were happy, all they had to do was write down the names and everything would be perfect. “You guys can head to the car, I’ll just finish writing them down and then I’ll be right out.” Minseok told them. 

 

Minsoo followed the others out to the car, wondering why they hadn’t simply waited for Minseok.

 

~

 

Minseok was writing down the names, grouping together the families, he and the other mothers had wanted to do something for Minsoo, to properly welcome him to the family and so Minseok was adding his name onto the cake as well, alongside Hoseoks. He didn’t want Minsoo to know just yet, he figured it would be a nice surprise.

 

After hearing about how Minsoos parents were always travelling, Minseok wanted to make sure Minsoo felt like he was part of a proper family that would always be there to care and comfort him.

 

~

 

Minsoo was waiting in the car, as Minseok slid back into the drivers seat, “All done?” Yixing questioned. Minseok nodded, “I guess we were lucky that we didn’t have to go to many places, we owe you one Minsoo.”. Minsoo smiled shyly, happy that he could be some help.

 

“Now we need to get decorations!” Baekhyun announced. 

 

Minsoo gave them directions to a huge store that stocked all sorts of decorations and party things. On the way there, he spent his time wondering how he had managed to find Hoseok and how his soulmate seemed to have such a huge, perfect family. Seeing how happy and comfortable everyone was around each other, made him miss his own family. Of course, he was close with some of his family, but it felt as though he was always being passed around, as if he was a bit of an inconvenience, especially to his parents, who never seemed to want to spend time with him.

 

Minsoo felt as though he didn’t deserve to be a part of such a perfect family and he could imagine them actually wanting him to be a part of it, not when even his own parents seemed to forget him half the time.

 

Minsoo knew it was silly to wish for everything to go perfect and he would delude himself, all he wished was that Hoseok wouldn’t leave him, he honestly had no idea what he would do, if even his soulmate left.

 

 

 

Ahhhh, sorry for the kinda sad ending, don’t worry everything will be happy in the end, there’ll be another chapter for the holiday definitely and I wanted to write a bit for when they go back to Korea, so hopefully that will be out soon.

 

And oh my god, there’s like 200 subs and over 30 upvotes! Thankyou so much to everyone, it’s so nice to see that people actually like what I write, I honestly never expected this story to do so well so once again I am so grateful for everyone who has read this far and also for all the comments, they really do make my day.

 

I will see everyone soon, hopefully sooner than this chapter, I had a bit of a struggle writing this, I wasn’t really sure where to go with it, but it turned out nicely and I quite like it, so I hope you all do too. Anyway, thankyou for reading :)