I Prefer

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

SOONHO’s POV

“Dara!” “Unnie!”

Jiyong urged me to move forward, going to the room at the back, knowing it will take time before those two finished their mini-reunion.

“Nervous?” I asked him.

“Always. It’s been a while since I did this. Thank God Dara is with us.”

“Always calming you down, huh.” He smiled, closing his eyes to rest while we wait.

Always. Commercial, photoshoots or shows, he always sees to it he would talk to Dara, getting all the assurance, strengths, and confidence he will be needing. Yes, Kwon Jiyong behind the mighty dragon is needing that.

“I know unnie, he should have told me.”

“Should we?”

“It’s a date, I’ll call you when.”

I heard their voices from the hallway, probably another eating adventure is on its way.

“Jiyong, it’s good you think of bringing Dara.” They both entered. Taehyun noona’s hand wrapped around Dara’s arm. “Dara, you should always come with him, he’s giving me headache when he’s here.”

Jiyong grabbed Dara, making her sit on his side.

“You’re used to it.” She winked at Taehyun as she massaged the back of Jiyong’s head.

“Aigoooo, just look at him, sitting there, well behaved. He’s all over the place when you’re not here.” Taehyun noona sighed, her attention now drawn on the pile of scissors. “What’s for the day?” She continued asking.

“Drink Commercial.” I replied. It would be his first commercial after a long time. And the fact that it will be a first after a while for a Kpop star to promote a Chinese brand, forever hands down to Dara for talking to Jiyong about it. She’s really our life saver.

“What do you think babe?” Jiyong asked.

Dara looked at him then to his hair, contemplating what he should get. “Shorten his hair on the side.” She ran her hands on his hair, her forehead somewhat creased from imagining it. “And maybe just a trim on the top.”

“Yes, I think that would be good.” She said with finality. She pushed him forward, letting him sit infront of the mirror where Taehyun noona is already waiting. “Like boy next door, unnie.”  Taehyun nodded, then started spraying and doing her business.

“Noona, coming with us?”

“No. I have meeting. Can you drop me off at YG before you head to the shoot?”

“Of course, as if I could say no?” I grinned. Dara lightly punched my arm, chuckling. A brush suddenly flying towards me. And clearly it was the boyfriend.

“Yah.”

“Yah, you small guy.” He replied back. Oh my god, how dare he always tease my height.

“I like noona than you.” I fought back.

He signaled Taehyun to stop whatever she’s doing, then slowly glared at me.

“Noona!” I quickly changed my seat, hiding behind Dara.

“Jiyong.” Dara called him out. He rolled his eyes, facing the mirror again.

“See Dara. You’re the only person who can control this man.” Taehyun chuckled, pulling Jiyong’s hair a little hard.

 

“There.” Taehyun finished styling his hair, tapping his shoulder.

“How is it?”

Dara went to him, dusting some hair on his shoulders. Their eyes communicating on its own.

“Always handsome.” Dara grinned, giving him a quick peck. Those two never getting enough of each other. Taehyun noona and I quickly got out of the room. We both know we want to save our life from the incoming cheesiness.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

The theme of the endorsement is really simple. No extravagant costumes or settings. The brand and my team pushed on making it as me as possible. The doodles, the music, the artworks. I assumed we will end early but looking at the time now, my judgment was wrong.

“Are you done with the meeting?” I messaged her.

“Yes, how is it doing there?”

“Not sure when we will end. I might come home passed dinner time.”

“You’re doing well babe. I’ll see you later.

“Later <3”

 

I bowed to the staffs, thanking them for today’s hardwork. I stretched my neck side to side, warming up my body as we meet the darkness outside.

We were walking towards the car, and I can’t help but be curious on why Soonho is acting weirdly since a while ago. He was so busy looking at his phone, and calling people in the last hour of the shoot.

“Man, are things fine?” He offered me a flat smile, jogging his way to the car but not really entering. His eyes were bulging as if looking or guarding.

“You sure everything’s good?” I asked once again, my hands already in the handle. He just signalled me inside, wiggling his brows.

When I opened the car’s door, her sleeping figure wrapped around the daisy blanket welcomes me.

“I’ll give you five minutes before we enter.” Soonho whispered, closing the door quietly.

I dropped a kiss on her forehead, settling myself beside. Her presence now explains why Soonho was busy all of a sudden.

“Babe, you’re done.” She mumbled, waking up from her nap.

“We could’ve picked you up in YG. The place has beds and couches.”

“Nuhhhhh, I prefer seeing my man right after he finish work.”

“You’re impossible babe.” I chuckled.

A knock came in before Soonho and the driver went infront. Soonho glanced at us quickly, giving a salute to Dara.

“Thanks” I said.

“Doing it for noona.” He replied. Of course, it’s the only right explanation.

“Where to?” Soonho asked.

“I saw a small restaurant, around 15 minutes from here. The one beside the church.”

“A park infront?” The driver asked. Maybe, having the idea which she was pertaining to.

“Yes there. Let’s grab dinner before going home.”

“Noona, jjang!” Soonho gave her a thumbs up.

“It’s past 8 babe. You should have eaten before coming here.”

“Nuhhhhh, I prefer -” I cut her off with a quick peck.

“I know.” I laughed this time. “I prefer that too.” I tugged the other end of the blanket, covering myself. 15 minutes of cuddle is what I needed right now.

"God, can you two stop yourself even for a short time?" We heard Soonho sighed infront, scrubbing his ears nonstop. Yea, that's the torture the people around us get whenever we're together.