Worries

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

DARA’s POV

Jiyong just went back from his fan meeting in Hong Kong and it’s been two days also since it was announced that I will guest on his Malaysia stop. 

I was checking my phone for some updates and I guess that was the worst decision I made today. Comments questioning my appearance on Jiyong’s concert is everywhere, that Jiyong really didn’t enjoy his Manila concert, that everything was just scripted, that I don’t even know how to sing, that I’m jobless, etc. I can feel my eyes getting wet and I don’t even know why I’m continuously reading these.

When I arrived home, I slumped my body in bed, tears just started falling. I don’t want to cry but they just kept on falling. God. I hate this! 

“I’ll be home in an hour. What do you want for dinner?” Jiyong's message read.

“I’ll cook. See you.” I simply replied.

I dragged myself towards the kitchen and sighed, “Now, what do I do?”

“I’m home.” Jiyong shouted.

“Kitchen.” I replied, hoping he won’t notice my red, puffy eyes.

He backhugged me, giving me a kiss on my temple. It’s always been like this. It’s his habit whenever I’m cooking. I just wish that it's always these sweet moments.

While we were eating, I tried to open up the topic about his upcoming concert. “Babe, about your concert in Malaysia, can I just watch instead of performing?” I asked in my small voice.

“What are you talking about?” He asked, confused.

“I don’t know, I just thought about it. Hahaha! Never mind me.” I replied, forcing a laugh.

“Don’t joke on things like that. I want you there with me on stage, period.” He said with authority.

“Yes sir.” I managed to give him a small smile but honestly, I don’t know what to do. I wanted to tell him my reason but I don’t want him to worry at the same time. Of course, I want to perform with him but with the comments I saw I realized I’m too selfish. They were right, it’s his concert. Why do I keep on appearing on it?


 

JIYONG’s POV

“Why would he guest her again? Dara really knows her way.”

Of course, I will guest her. She's my girlfriend for God's sake! I even wanted to bring her to all of my tours if schedule would allow us. Can’t you see how happy I was back in Manila?

”It’s Jiyong’s concert, why is she there?”

Duhhhhh, because you said it. It’s my concert, and whether it’s Jiyong’s or G-dragon’s concert, I’ll have Dara on it either way. She’s one of the reasons why I’m here in my position right now.

”How about another Bigbang member, instead of that ?”

! She's not a . And how about just accept the fact that I chose her. 

”Does she even sing?”

Are you for real? She has the sweetest voice out there. 

”I guess she really have no work.”

Can’t you see how busy she was? I’m even starting to get jealous of her work. We can't see each other because of her schedule.

I was on my way home when I read these posts, answering them one by one in my mind. Aishhhh! them! How could they judge Dara like that. They don’t even know her. I hope she won’t see this, it will certainly worry her again.

After arriving home, I immediately backhug and kiss her, still wishing she wasn’t able to read those comments. But when I saw her eyes, I knew she already did. I chose to ignore it, knowing this topic will be brought upon later. We were having dinner when she said the question I’m afraid she will ask. I knew well the reasons behind it but I want to know how she's taking it. But being Dara, she will try to handle her worries by herself. 

“Don’t joke on things like that. I want you there with me on stage, period.” 

“Yes sir” She just smiled. That smile that wanted to assure me but deep inside worries her. I hate seeing her like this. Thinking she's a burden to other people when she's not. People thought that Dara is always the bubbly type but they didn’t know that it was her facade from all the criticisms, she doesn’t even deserve to receive. Doing that to protect her friends and family, to not worry them. 

After cleaning the dishes, we cuddled on the couch located in the balcony. I hope the cold breeze and the view of Han river could help her relax.

“Dara, can we talk?” 

“About what?”

“Promise me first that you will tell me everything.”

“Babe, you know you’re the only person I always open up to.”

“So, can you tell me about your sudden question while we’re having dinner?”

She sighed deeply, probably contemplating. “I’ll give you some time babe but please open up to me. I can read you and your worries.” I hold her closer, hoping we could fix this tonight.


 

DARA’s POV

Hearing him said that he wanted me on stage and that it was final. I decided to just ignore all the hate though I knew it would always haunt me at some point. 

His concerned voice made me think again if I should really tell him. He’s always been a great listener, always helping in letting go of my worries. It just felt like I’m giving him some load when he himself have too much on his hands already. It was visible in his face that he's exhausted. .

Minutes of silence have already passed when I turned my body so I can look at him.

“Babe, a while ago I saw some comments.” I started. I tried to look in his eyes but the moment I did, I immediately avoided his gaze.

“This upcoming concert, I thought it would be fun since the reactions of the fans back in Manila were really overwhelming. But I don’t know, I just saw some comments and I guess they were true. It’s your concert so I asked myself, why am I even tagging with you? They want to see you not me.”

“I’ve already explained this to you.”

“I know but I don’t want you to loose your fans as well. They’re always been there for you. Just give them what they want Ji.”

“Babe, I know my TRUE fans really well. They will support me no matter what. Regardless if I have a guest on my tour, and regardless if it was you. My true fans will respect my decision. Those things that you read, they are not true. Those were just made by people who doesn't have good things to do with their lives. We don’t need their opinion. What matters is that there are people who keep on supporting us.”

“And Dara, before them, you’re the one who’s always been there for me. You saw me crumbled down, and you also help me stand again. Give them what they want? But how about what I want? I want you babe. I want you to be with me. They should respect it." He continued.

“It just makes me worry. I don’t want to burden you in dealing with those, you have too much already.”

“You’re never a burden, babe. Always remember that. You’re the one who always makes things easier. And remember that time in the rooftop where you asked me to make you feel secured. The last time I checked, I promised on doing that. Let's just enjoy our time there, okay?”

“Sorry for always being like this. I just don’t know how to handle this kind of situation. I just want everyone to be happy.”

“Don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. Also, when something worries you, please tell me. I’m here babe.”

 


 

CEO YANG’s POV

In four days, Jiyong and Dara will fly to Malaysia for MOTTE concert. But when I checked on how the fans were reacting on Dara’s another appearance on Jiyong’s tour, what I saw scared me. There were hateful comments towards Dara and it’s the last thing I wanted her to receive. I immediately called Jiyong for a meeting.

Jiyong arrived with his distressed face. He must have seen it already.

“What is it hyung?”

“Have you seen the comments?” I asked to confirm.

“Yes.”

“Did Dara saw it already?”

“Yes hyung. We've talked about it.”

“How is she?”

“At first, she wanted to back out but I talked her out of it. I know that till know she’s still worrying but she’s trying to be strong. You know her hyung, she always tries her best to not show her worries. She always thinks about others first.”

“That’s why I’m worried. Don't let her off your eyes when you go there. Just always be with her, okay.”

“No need to remind me. I'll protect her no matter what.”

“You know the deal, you can go now.” I said to him. 

“Wait. Before you go, if you’re planning on doing something again on stage, postpone it for now. I don’t think this is the right time. You can flirt on stage just like how you did in Manila but make it low key.” He grinned, clearly he had planned something. “I know no one can stop you. I’ll send again someone to capture all those moments. Keep in mind about Dara’s safety, Ji. We all treasure her.”

“Yes hyung. I got her. We will have a great time.”

 


JIYONG’s POV

Narae: The most important is 'He' is definitely a good guy.

Narae: Even if Dara is behaving so bad, the only girl he sees is her and nothing but her. And they don't meet with just the 2 of them but in a group

Honey: That's exactly what Dara likes right? Being close with his friends as well.

Dara: That's right... this book is skillful.

Narae: The person you'll meet is destined for you. He is also very wealthy. Well at this point, you can even get married together.

Dara: Are you sure that it's a 'new face' and not from the people I already know?

Narae: Yes, he's a new face.

 

“DARAAAA!”

“Yes?”

“What was that?” I questioned her, pointing at the tv screen.

“Huh?”

“That show! The friends part and wealthy part are true but what’s with the new face?” I ranted. I can’t believe they’re telling my girlfriend to meet a new face when she already have me.

“Will you calm down. Didn’t you see the look in my face?” She laughed.

“Don’t believe that!”

“Of course babe, unnie is not even a real tarot reader.” 

“But still!” “Babe, I have an idea!” 

“What is it this time?” 

“After the concert in Malaysia, come with me in Japan.”

“I have work, and I’m not a guest performer there.”

“Please! I’m sure Jjangmae can fix your schedule. After Japan, I need to go to Europe. We will not see each other for a week again so let’s have a babe time there.”

“What about my work and can’t you see the commotions in social media about me clinging into you.” She replied back.

“Babe, I don’t want you to see a new face so please just stick with me for this month.” I pouted.

“Aigooo, I’ll think about it. You’re too stubborn.” “I should prepare now. I need to film with Suhyun and Hayi in Paju.”

“Babe! Can I come? What if you meet the new face there?” 

Dara just laughed and gave me a quick kiss. “There! I hope that shoo your worries away. I’m not going anywhere babe. Love you!” She continued before leaving me in the bedroom.

I immediately grabbed my phone and called the person who could help me.

“Jjangmae, please adjust Dara’s schedule. I want babe time with her in Japan.”

“Wait, let me check. Till when will you stay in Japan?”

“We’ll be going back to Korea on the 21st afternoon. I need to go to Europe the next day.”

“I don’t think Dara can have her flight in the afternoon. Maybe morning of the 21st?”

“That’s okay. As long as she would be with me from Kuala Lumpur to Japan.”

“Okay. Noted.”

“Thank you Jjangmae!” I ended the call and smiled at myself. Huh, I'm not Kwon Jiyong for nothing.

“Ji, are you talking to someone?” Dara shouted.

“No.” I replied as I went outside to send her off.

“I’m going now. See you later!” She gave me a peck before hurrying herself towards the door.

“Take care and have fun. Let’s have a babe time soon!” I grinned at her.

“Whatever. Love you!”


 

September 15, 2017

JIYONG’s POV

“Babe, get our luggage. I’ll start packing our clothes.”

I remembered that she didn’t know yet that she’ll be going with me in Japan, she might pack less clothes for herself.

“Let me do it.”

“Are you sure? I always packed it.”

“Of course, for a change. Just get your beauty rest.” I smiled knowingly. Since I would be packing, couple look will be my concept.

“Ji, don’t forget my underwear.”

I want you ! I want you ! I want you !” I sang Youngbae’s song loudly, smirking at her. A pillow flying straight to my face.

“Don’t you dare.” She warned. 


 

DARA’s POV

Jiyong was doing great on maximizing the space but I noticed that he’s packing too much of my clothes.

“I’ll be going back to Korea after the concert. No need to pack too much for me. Just your clothes for Japan.” I reminded.

I swear I said it loud enough for him to hear but he just keeps on going back and forth to our walk-in closet.

“BABE!” I shouted. I can see that he’s trying his best to ignore me, trying to stop his suspicious smile.

“Yahhh, what are you planning? Do I need to know something?”

“What is it? Tell me or I will not sleep here.” I warned him. 

He walked towards me, trapping me in the bed with a hug. He’s doing it again! He really did something!

“Talk now.” I warned again.

“I don’t want a new face.” He mumbled as he nuzzled his face on my neck.

“What did you do?”

“Please forgive me. You’ll be going with me to Japan.”

“Jiiiii! Why didn’t you tell me? I have work. Aigoooo, what do I do now. You always make decision by yourself.”

“I already asked Jjangmae to fix it. Sorry.”

He hid his face on the crook of my neck, probably waiting for another scolding. I just sighed, thinking that I really can’t do anything about it now. This is what I get for having a possessive boyfriend.

“Please sleep with me. I swear, I won’t do it again.” He pleaded.

I hugged him back. “I can’t do anything about it, do I?”

He lifted his head, grinning. He gave my lips, many kisses. “I love you!” He whispered.

 


 

September 16, 2017

JIYONG’s POV

“Where’s the clothes you wore in Manila?”

“What clothes?”

“The one you wore during IG live?”

“Wait…. Here.”

I grabbed the striped polo she handed and wore it. One thing that many people might notice is that Dara and I usually wear the same clothes. Her taste in clothes always amazed me. She can wear those pretty girly dresses but she always prefers wearing baggy shirts and sneakers. The thing is she looks gorgeous either way. She always give justice to her own style.  

“Babe, let’s go for blue today and a hat.” I told her.

“What’s going on your head?”

“Nothing.” I grinned.

On our way to the airport, we ride together in one car.

“Should we really separate? Fans knew you’re my guest so no need to worry on arriving together.”

“It’s better to be careful.”

When we’re near the airport, Dara transferred to another car then she went first. I messaged her upon seeing her car go. “No looking at new face.” I reminded.

After minutes of waiting, our car moved to the entrance. Many fans were already waiting. Today is a good day. Since Dara is with me, no need to be glued on my phone. 

“Ji, Seungri is here,” said my manager.

“Really? Where?”

“The car behind us.”

“Rat, open the window!” I shouted, trying my best to look inside the car. But this maknae, just opened a small gap.

“Yah, I’m your hyung. Respect me.”

“I’m busy hyung, go now.”

“Yah! Don’t forget my Japan concert.”

“Hyung, where’s Dara noona?”

“She went first to avoid commotion.”

“I envy you. I want someone like noona.”

“Don’t you dare rat, get yourself your own. Chaerin is there.”

“Aishhhhh hyung. Go now. I don’t need you.” He suddenly lifted the window closed. How dare this maknae!

After checking in, I went to the private lounge where Dara was waiting. “I miss you!” I pouted.

“Babe, there are people here. Don’t you dare show your aegyo.” She hissed.

“Why? I really miss you!”

“We just saw each other an hour ago.” She pulled down the bonnet I was wearing to my neck. 

“What are you doing?” I asked, struggling to remove her hands.

“Stop pouting, will you? That’s for my eyes only.” 

“Really Dee? Hahaha! I’ll stop. Let go now.”

“Flight going to Malaysia, please go to your assigned gate now.” The voice on the speaker said.

I was about to hold her hand just like I always do but she already hid it behind her back. “No holding hands babe, we’re in public.” She warned.

Then, I heard Jjangmae and Taehee, even Taeho (bodyguard) laughing at me.

“Jiyong, there’s no use having a title of ‘Skinship couple’ in YG if you can’t have PDA with Dara.” 

“Just wait for our stage tomorrow guys, you’ll eat your words.” I smirked, following Dara.

 


Author's Note:

Please listen to Youngbae's song, '' (White Night Album). Gahdddd, it's too much for my ears. Wait, let me rephrase that, listen to all Youngbae's songs! He's too good to be true. #WHITENIGHTINMANILA IS DOPE!