Krung Grabe!

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

JIYONG’s POV

During the ride back to the hotel, Dara and I were just talking about random things while I played with her hand. When I checked the time, it was already around 2 in the morning and I thought most people would be sleeping so I decided to start an Instagram live to commemorate this special night. This is just my second time doing it so I hope it will turn out better than my first where I looked so lost. 

“Babe, I’m gonna start an IG live.” I informed her.

“You sure?”

“Mmm. I think only few people will be seeing it given the time.” I replied back.

“Just to remind you, the people who watched us are probably screaming their feels right now on social media. I'm sure many will still watch it. They are too hype to sleep.” Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It’s okay, I’m way too happy to even care.

I pushed the button and started it.

“Lower the volume for a second please." I told Taehee.

“Is this right?” I asked Dara knowing she’s an expert with this kind of stuff. 

“I think it’s working already.” 

“So….hello…I suddenly did this….This is my 2nd IG live…I’m currently in Manila, Philippines. I just finished performing with Philippines’ princess.” I laughed while describing Dara to the viewers. Princess it is! The people here are so crazy about her. I bet she's even more famous than Bigbang.

“After performing with Park Sandara-ssi… What did we do…After it’s done, we ate together and now we’re going home.” I was consumed on my talk when she made fun of my 'home' speech. Aigooo.

“I’ll pass the phone to Dara.”

“Hello!” She greeted the viewers.

“What should I say?....I’m Sandara Park….Kamusta kayong lahat?( How are you all)…..”

“Looking at this, it’s the same with my past IG live.” I commented, laughing while Dara was still talking.

“Magandang umaga sa inyong lahat (Good morning to all of you). Maraming salamat sa mga pumunta ngayon para sumuporta kay GD at sakin (Thank you to everyone who went to support GD and me). Ingat kayo umuwi (Be safe on your way home).” She continued.

Woahhhh! She's really good in speaking Filipino. I hope she’s saying good things. 

“What did you say?” I asked curiously.

“I said thank you so much for coming.” Aigoooo! I expected something else. Poor me!

“I want to say it too. How? It’s too long”

“Right. Then the shortened term for thank you is ‘Salamat’.” 

“What?”

“Salamat”

“Salamat!” I told the fans, directing my phone to my face.

“Mahal ko kayo (I love you)” Dara suddenly interrupted.

“What?”

“I love you all. Mahal ko kayo. Ma.hal.ko.ka.yo”

“Mahal ko kayo?” I repeated at her.

“You sure?” I asked again. Not that I’m questioning her skills but I was just teasing her if that’s what she really wanted me to tell the fans, and not to her.

“Mahal ko kayo! (I love you all)” I told the viewers. “Mahal ko kayo! Salamat!” 

“Ohhhh! Good job! Good job!” She praised, clapping. 

“Anyways, we…” I was trying to make the people see both of us but it was too dark.

“It’s too dark.”

“Can we turn on the lights?” I asked Taehee to which Dara agreed. Then the lights where .

“What’s this? Am I the only that’s like this?” I commented since my face was covered with some lights. I was trying to change the angle to remove it but it’s not working.

“Anyways, we…ummm.” I looked at Dara, remembering my misfortune.

“Hmmm?” She avoided my gaze.

“Dara-ssi… To be honest. I needed a guide here in the Philippines and she brought me to a delicious restaurant.” I continued with another topic instead.

“Even though we don’t have much time with you guys, I hope you had fun,” she added.

“It’s not fun.” I retorted at her and I know she knew the meaning behind my comment. It’s not fun when your plan just failed.

“You said it was fun!” She protested.

“Yeah, it was fun.” It was not just fun, it was the best!

“Since I’m not good with words. For everyone who came…”

“Say that please I hope you had fun in tonight’s concert.” I looked at Dara so she can help me in translating.

“Sabi nya sana nagenjoy daw kayo sa show ngayon and what else?” She asked me back after translating.

“Salamat!” I said again to the viewers.

“What else?... I don’t know.” I asked Dara if I should say anything else since I can’t think of anything.

“So….Ah! we did the song, ‘Hello’.” 

“After 8 years…” she commented. Right, 8 years already. Time surely flies.

“Since it’s been 8 years, to be honest, I also watched one of our past performance in the airport. I watched it and I almost threw up.” I honestly told the viewers.

We both laughed, remembering how we looked and acted back then. Aigooooo! Those were the days!

“It’s so cute though, because it’s too cute.” She explained.

And on cue, ‘Hello’ started playing on speakers.

“I was shocked.” 

“We were young and fresh.” She reasoned out but I beg to disagree and decided to argue with her.

“No, but you have always been young and fresh.”

“You too, you’re still young and fresh.” She complimented back.

“Me?” I think for a while and thought that it’s not the case since I cannot be compared to her youthfulness. “…Not really,” I continued.

“Today is a “Drinking” Live as well. My last live was like that.” 

“Anyways, I’ll answer the questions you sent me next time.” I acknowledged the viewers’ comments as they keep on popping in my phone’s screen.

“Since we have a special guest tonight, we did this together for everyone.” 

“See? I’m not good with words.” 

“No. You’re good. You’re good at push-and-pull.”

“She said I’m good at push-and-pull.” Really babe, you’re telling that to me? Aigooo, she's really revealing our relationship.

“You have lots of swag.”

“I love you.” she whispered softly. OH MY GOD! DID SHE REALLY JUST SAID THAT ON LIVE BROADCAST?! SHE’S REALLY GETTING BOLDER TODAY! KYAAAA! OH MY GOD!

“Eventhough we don’t know when it will happen again, Park Sandara and Kwon Jiyong will try to be on the same stage again.” I assured the viewers, remembering the talk we had in the dressing room. I really hope she considers it.

“Bye bye!” I said to the viewers as Dara also followed me.

“Ahjumma, you do this.” I , handing her my phone so she could continue.

“Ah, really!” She simply replied. I’m thankful this is broadcasted live or else she have already hit me.

“What’s this?”

“Please say something to Filipino fans.” I requested.

“Sa mga pumunta kanina sana nagenjoy kayong lahat (To everyone who went in the concert earlier, I hope you all had fun) Sobrang nagenjoy kami ngayon sa stage. Sabi nya rin sobrang… (We had so much fun on stage. Like he said…)”

“You said ‘drunk’?” I interrupted her after hearing those words from her.

“No.”

“You said ‘so drunk’, you know.” I informed her again but she just continued with her talk. I might have misheard her.

“Sabi nya nagenjoy daw sya kasi grabe ang sigawan nyo (He said he had so much fun because the screams we’re really loud).”

“What is ‘Grabe’?” I asked curiously. Seriously, I want to learn this language. Dara is too good at it. I want to understand everything she’s been saying.

“Too much…Very very.” She explained.

“Grabe ang…” I asked again since that’s what I’ve heard from her.

“I like it very much.” She explained the meaning again instead.

“Grabe.” I repeated.

“Grabe! Grabe!” She also repeatedly said.

Then an awesome idea popped on my mind again. Babe, you thought you’re the only one who's getting bolder. Watch me.

“KRUNG GRABE!” I giddily shouted as I faced the phone’s screen on me. Dara said ‘grabe’ is ‘I like it too much’ and I also know that she is known as Krungkrung here. Combining it together I get ‘I like you very much Dara’, 'Krung Grabe!' I’m a genius right!

But she just laughed. What I've said is right, right? I followed her laughters, thinking I’m really a genius. Krung grabe! OMO! I’m feeling so giddy.

“It was so good. Thank you!” She said, waving. Wait, I can’t calm down yet. Breathe in, breathe out!

“Grabe!” I repeated again. 

“Goodnight!”

“Goodnight!”

I managed to at least calm down a little and showed both our faces in the screen. We danced and had fun for a while along the song.

“Like a DJ!” I joked, still dancing.

“How do I end this?” I asked her. Honestly, I have an idea but whatever I wanted her attention. 


 

“That was really fun!” I told her still laughing.

“I can see that, babe.”

“I’m gonna tell you something.” I grabbed her hand. Damn this thing that separates us! I hate it! I really want to cuddle with her.

“KRUNG GRABEEEEEEEEE!” I squealed.

“Babe, you sounded so wrong. What do you mean by that?” She asked, laughing.

“You said ‘grabe’ is ‘I like it very much’, and also you’re known as Krungkrung here in the Philippines. Combining it, I have ‘KRUNG GRABE’ which means ‘I LIKE YOU VERY MUCH DARA!’” I proudly explained.

But she bursted out laughing.

“Hahahaha! Aigooooo my baby boy is soooo cute.” She started pinching my cheeks.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because you sounded so wrong. HAHAHAHAHA! I get your point. HAHAHAHA! But it’s still wrong! HAHAHAHA! I don’t even get it at first! HAHAHAHA!” She said, still laughing in between. I stared at her and reflect on my silliness a while ago.

Dara then grabbed both my cheeks. 

“Don’t worry babe. HAHAHAHA! Wait. I’ll just calm down” She assured me. I found myself smiling, looking at how she can't contain herself from too much laughing. I know my stupid self is the reason for it, but it felt really great to see her like this.

“Sorry about that. Hahaha. Okay. So, what you’ve said is somewhat weird but the explanation was really good. I know our fans will understand it. They are like Detective Conan.” She continued, wiping the tears formed. 

“That was the cutest thing ever! I love you too my Jiyongie!” She squealed, giving me a quick kiss as she laughed again. 

“KRUNG GRABE!!!” I said again.

“I know. I love you too.” 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuE2Y0WA2NI


Author's Note:

Please watch the youtube link so you can visualize their IG live together. Shout out to Sheila Mae who uploaded it on youtube. She edited the video with english subs, credits also to iipum for the video and @dragondigbick(twitter) for the subs. Thank you so much for your effort!