MOTTE in Manila

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

June 15, 2017

JIYONG’s POV

Just a while ago, CEO Yang told me Philippines will be included in my MOTTE tour. That moment, I immediately thought of Dara. I'm hundred percent sure she would be screaming in happiness hearing this. It’s here beloved country for goodness sake.

“Hi babe!” I approached her in the kitchen, giving her a backhug.

“You’re here. How’s your day? Have you eaten?”

“Not yet. I’ll be staying tonight.”

“Okay. Just wait, I’ll be serving dinner.”

“Babe, when will you go to the Philippines with Chaerin?”

“I think in a month. Aigoooo, I miss my country. I can’t wait already.”

“I envy Chaerin.”

“I want to bring you along too. In the future, promise. Also it’s for Dara TV, I want to go there with you but privately.” She said, wiggling her brows.

“Ohhhhh, you’re planning on something. Are we going there for honeymoon?” I .

“What honeymoon, you haven’t even proposed to me yet. You’re not even sure if I’m gonna say yes, just so you know.”

“Yah, You’re not going to marry me? My heart!” I replied dramatically with hurtful eyes, clutching my chest.

“I love you Ji.” She just answered back. 

“You didn’t miss any of Bigbang’s concerts there, right?”

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss it for the world. FYI, I’m Bigbang's number one fan. Seeing you guys perform there always excites me and it was really overwhelming. Also, how can I miss G-dragon’s performance. God! I love that man.”

Dara then looked at me and smiled. I dipped down, leveling my face with hers. “Babe, they added Manila in my concert tour.” I said casually.

She looked at me wide eyed. “Yah, you’re not kidding me?” I nodded my head and smiled. She hugged me tightly and kept on saying things on different language. 

“You coming right?” I asked.

“Of course. When is this?”

“September 1, that’s a Friday.”

“Omo, I think we have a filming during that date. Wait!”

I watched her as she got her phone and called someone.

“Jjangmae, I want all my schedule for Sept.1 cancelled.""I’m going to Ji's concert.""Philippines.""You can do it.""I trust you.” Those were the words I heard from their conversation.

“So how was it?” I asked.

“I’m going whether they like it or not.” She replied firmly, grinning

Now, it’s time for Plan B. I haven’t really discussed this yet with CEO Yang. But I know he can never refuse me. He's a Daragon fan for goodness sake.

“Babe, can you please perform with me?” I dropped it instantly, hoping for a favorable answer. I closed my eyes and waited for her response, praying she would say yes. When there’s none, I peeked at her, and saw her baffled look. 

“WHATTTTT? Are you okay? Do you want to die? I’ll just ruin it.” She shouted.

If there would be one thing I don’t like about Dara which doesn’t make me less in love with her is how she always keeps on thinking that she’s a burden. What she didn’t know is she always brings out the best from those around her. She has her own personality and character that makes people love and adore her. I have millions of fans out there, but what they didn’t know is that I am Bigbang’s G-Dragon because of this girl right in front of me. She’s the one who makes me stay grounded. She’s the one who supported and love the man behind G-Dragon, the real Kwon Jiyong through thick and thin. She’s my muse and my life.

“I’m serious about this. I know what I’m doing. I really like to perform with you in your second home. I want them to feel that I, Kwon Jiyong really deserves and loves you, Park Sandara. Also you ain’t the country's national krungkrung for nothing. They love you there. Don’t worry about anything. If you’ll have an effect on my concert, that is you’ll be bringing out the best in me." I explained, caressing her face.

I closed our gap and gave a lingering kiss to give her assurance.

“I don’t know. I’ll think about it. I really miss performing on stage but I don’t know if this is the right time. I’m just too scared.” She replied worriedly.

“Dara, look at me. I’m not pressuring you. Just think about it. I’ll support your decision. You, being there in the crowd would be more than enough for me.”

“Aigooo, I’m stressing my baby girl. Just think about it next time.” I continued.

 


 

August 18, 2017

DARA’S POV

For the past weeks, both Jiyong and I were very busy; him with his world tour while I have filming for Insolent Housemates, Get it Beauty, Semobang, commercials, etc. We hardly see each other but we always managed it, thanks to technology. 

On the side note, I'm still thinking about his proposal a month ago. I really do miss being on stage but I think I’ll just ruin it if I join him. He’s The G-Dragon and I'm just Sandara Park. I'm aware we have Daragon fans out there who keep on supporting and believing us despite not confirming our relationship, and all those scandals we've been involved. But I'm also aware that some fans can become possessive when it comes to their idols. I’m afraid Jiyong will lost his fans because of that one performance I’ll being doing with him. Yes, we have performed before but that was 8 years ago. I don’t know how they will received it if ever we perform again. There are just too many things going on my mind right now. And today is also his birthday but we can’t even celebrate it together since he needed to be in Japan for his concert tour. 


 

JIYONG’S POV

It’s been weeks since I last saw Dara personally. If only I could travel every after concert just to be with her, I’ll do it. I miss her cuteness, her sweet scent, her animated rants, her random hugs, her kisses, our cuddles. 

Today is my birthday, but there are too many works to be done to even celebrate. I met my family this morning for breakfast. After that, I went to an interview with a magazine. Now, I still have a meeting for one of PMO’s exhibit. Though it's hard, I'm trying my best to manage my time well. I'm just super thankful, Dara is very understanding when it comes to work.

 

It’s over an hour already since we started the meeting and I can’t see any light on when will this end. I still need to go to Youngbae’s music show filming to show my support, and after that I still have a flight to Japan. What a day to have my birthday! I need to think of something. I really need to see Dara today no matter what.

I cleared my throat very loud to catch everyone’s attention.

“Excuse me everyone, I know this meeting is very important. However, I don’t think I’m in good condition right now *cough cough.” I tried very hard to make it believable. Acting skills, please work on me!

“If you will allow me, let's reschedule this meeting to a later date. Sorry, I really think I need to rest.” I added.

Thankfully, all of them approved since they know I’ve been in constant world tour and other promotions. After the meeting, I immediately called Dara.

“Dee, are you busy?”

“JIYONGIE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I MISS YOU!” Dara basically screamed on the phone. God, I miss her voice.

“I miss you too! Can we meet later before my schedule?”

“Of course, babe. I've been waiting to see you. It was really hard being alone at home, you know.”

 


 

DARA’s POV

As soon as Jiyong entered the restaurant, I immediately ran and hugged him. I realized I miss his scent and warmth more than what I initially thought.

“Hi babe. I miss you too." He chuckled, hugging me back. We stayed like that for some time before loosening our hold. I stared at his face, and can't help but notice how restless he looks with those dark circles. But damn, he still looked so hot.

He cupped my cheeks, and kissed me passionately. God, I miss him so bad. We let go of each other’s lips when the need for air protested. He showered me with small kisses after.

“Happy Birthday baby boy!” I squealed.

“Thank you. Thank you for being such an amazing gift."

“I haven’t given you anything yet.”

“Aigoooo, how can you be so clueless? My schedules and tour are giving me too much stress and restlessness. Even today, my birthday, I'm still working. My only wish is to be with you. And because of your power hug and kiss, I'm feeling recharged already. Thank you for making me happy today.”

“You sound so cheesy, babe.”

“I don’t care. I know you love it." This guy and his ego.

“Let’s eat, you still need to visit Youngbae’s filming before your flight.”

During our dinner, Jiyong shared so many stories about his tour. He kept on talking and talking. It was nice hearing his voice constantly because usually I'm the one who's doing it whenever we eat. I'm enjoying his loudness. At the same time, my hands are getting sweaty from too much nervousness. I don’t know when should I have my cue on telling him about my decision for his request.

 

JIYONG’s POV

Dara was always the great listener especially with my childish rants. However, today, she keeps on fidgeting in her seat. “Babe, you okay? Did I say something wrong?” I asked.

“Just keep on talking. I’m fine.”

“You can tell me anything.”

“Why are you so persistent? Aigooo. I don’t even know how to start.” She stared at her hands for so long and when she noticed I’m not saying anything. She eventually looked up.

“OkaysojiyonglookIwasthinkingaboutthissohardforthepastfewweeksanditseriouslygivemesomeheadacheidontevenknowwhyimconsideringbutyeahiguessilljust giveitatrysoithinkifinallydecidedandasmybirthdaygiftillperformwithyouinyourconcertinmanila.” She ended her speech so fast and bowed down again. I just stared at her because honestly, I wasn’t able to catch any of it other than the Manila part.

“Look at me babe. I didn’t understand anything that you said other than Manila. Can you please talk more slowly?”

“As my birthday gift, I’ll perform with you in Manila. Happy?”

Wide grin immediately plastered in my face as I walked towards her chair. Oh God, she's definitely the best birthday gift.