Enlistment

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

JIYONG’s POV

Since a week ago, it was a bittersweet moment. Dara had been pouring all her attention to me, clinging whenever possible. Showering me with her kisses, hugs, and I love you’s. Not depriving me from having our babe time. 

“Hmmmmm.” Dara shifted her sleeping position, now facing me, nuzzling her face at the crook of my neck. Thump. Thump. My heartbeat sounds louder these days too. As if helping me memorize all the feelings, trying to save and store what can fit to the nervousness of being away from her for the longest time.

Her left arm emerged from her side, resting it on my chest, removing the blanket covering her upper body in the process. My t-shirt which I put on her after last night’s love making, already hiked up until below her . I stared at her bare stomach, seeing the marks I made. Oh God! How much I wanted to permanently mark every part of her body while I’m away.

The feeling of her lower body wrapped around mine heightened up. I wanted to take her in that instant. But my hand just held her closer instead, making our body one. “Let her rest Jiyong.” My brain scolded me. I knew she was tired, always trying to give me all her time in the middle of her busy work schedule. 

“Hmmmmm. Babe.” She mumbled again.

“Continue sleeping.” I patted her back, cooing her back to sleep.

“Is it morning?” She asked, her fingers now made their way to my chin, caressing the stubbles growing.

“We can sleep it through.” I suggested, kissing her forehead.  

Dara climbed her way on top of me. Her heavy eyelids not coordinating as she just keeps her eyes closed instead. She smiled like a moron for some time. Then, finally doing what she did best every morning, showering me with so many kisses.

“Day 50. Day 51. Day 52. Day 53. Day 54. Day 55. Day 56.”

I chuckled, trying to let my words out my mouth. “I swear we are already in Day 250.”

She paused, then opened her eyes, trying to throw a glare but she’s not even close to it. She looked so gorgeous in the morning.

She wagged her fingers infront of me, resuming again.

“Day 1. Day 2. Day 3. Day 4. Day 5. Don’t question me Kwon Jiyong. Day 6. Day 7.” She continued, kissing me here and there. A giddy smile surfacing from me, enjoying her antics. Thousands of her kisses, and I swear I’ll still be craving for it every single day.

“I love you.” She ended, giving one last kiss. She rolled her body again on my side, resting her head on my chest. “I love you.” She mumbled again. And not long after, her soft snores echoed.

 

 

“Are we gonna stay like this?” I asked, still playing with her hair. She nodded her head. Her whole body, attached to me. The size of the couch we’re sitting seems like it’s only for one person.

“How bout your flight tomorrow?” She shook her head this time.

“Still praying for it to be cancelled?” She nodded.

“Should I use my connection?” She nodded enthusiastically, looking at me with those pleading eyes. Aigooo, my baby girl is really desperate.

Untouched luggage infront of us, I’m sure clothes will never get inside those. Dara was never the clingy type. That’s my role in our relationship. But I knew being away this long will take a toll on her. She wasn’t trying to understand when I told her about letters, about limited phonecalls, about short vacation, we can always turn into.

Slowly, I removed her body from mine. If she was this sad, oh god just imagine what I’m feeling. Add to that my fear. Fear of those boys lurking around my girl. They shouldn’t even dare. One word from my trusted eyes out here, I will do everything to get out of those guarded gates. Mark her. Own her. 

I stood up, gathering all the PMO clothes I could put my hands on. I packed Dara’s clothes, making sure a hint of Kwon Jiyong will be with her everywhere. This is never just clothes; people surely knew it was me claiming Dara.

 

 

“What day are you in?” I mumbled being awaken by Dara’s little kisses.

“Day 1.” I heard her say.

“Day 1, it is.” I laughed. 

“Babe, what do I do?” She finally cried. “I’m so so sorry.” Her eyes already moistened. “I’ll do everything. I want to be with you.” She continued babbling. “My ninja skills should help me.” Aigoooo, the guilt coming again to her. Few days from now, I will be enlisting in the army. But timing really when her schedule was conflict with that day. With just hours difference. Thinking about it, sometimes, world is just so unfair. 

“It’s okay babe. I told you we have a few days still.”

“But I’m in Thailand” She pouted, annoyed with our current situation.

“Video call.”

She sighed, hugging me closer, not knowing what to do. Aigoooooo. I will miss this rabbit so much.

“Can I have Day 1 again?” I asked. I should get everything I can before her flight later. Her manager already had enough headache from all the push back Dara has been doing in her schedule. She willingly complied; her I love you’s adding to each kiss.

 

 

February 27, 2018                                                  

“It’s okay.” I typed in, replying to Dara’s nth message that she was trying her chance to get an earlier flight. The past days, she spent all her free time, squeezing in messages, and calls with me. She would hissed for packing all those PMO clothes, but next thing I knew, she was already showcasing it in IG.

Her name suddenly popped, video calling.

“Babe, oh my god. I’m sorry. I should have been there.” She was biting her lips. Her habit whenever she’s so desperate with something. “Kwon Jiyong, you listen to me.” She started.

“Take care of yourself. If you feel sick, you tell it. I wouldn’t be there for you. Make friends with them so you’ll feel less lonely. Don’t do anything stupid. Visit omma and appa whenever you have small breaks. But don’t you dare not show your face to me.”

“Yah. You should return to me in one piece. Understand.”

“I got it. Now, please do listen to me. With wide ears, Dara.” I emphasized. If she was worriedly sick so do I. Much much more.

“First, you look so beautiful today.” I giggled. The person beside me chuckled. Oh God. Just look at her. Worried and all but look like an insanely gorgeous goddess. Ughhhhh. I would have taken her now if she was with me. Those Kwon babies making are so long forgotten. I wanted her so much.

“So here it is. I know you. Don’t overwork yourself. Miss me, but don’t use work to forget about missing me. You take care of yourself too. I will not be there to buy your late-night cravings. But okay, just call Soonho or Seunghyun hyung just in case. And this, listen very well. Don’t even dare entertain your fanboys. Babe, you know me. I admit my jealousy is all over the place so please bear with me while I’m not out there to guard you.”

“Yah. Don’t tell me you’ve already asked someone to do that part.” She cut. I’m found guilty but no regrets, better safe than sorry.

“If you need anything, you can always go to my parents, and noona.” I continued, not answering her true accusations.

“I love you Mrs. Kwon. I’ll miss you.”

“Yah, stop it please.” I looked at the man who just threw the comment, and was now covering her ears.

“Who’s with you?” Dara asked. I turned my phone, showing her Seunghyun hyung.

“Seunghyunnie!”

“Annyeong noona. Can you please stop. I’m cringing too much here.”

“Yah, you. Are you the one Jiyong was asking to guard me? May I remind you, you’re also serving the army.”

“Noona, I’m off by night time. My service was different from theirs.”

“You’re really serious?” Her forehead already knotted.

“No noona. I don’t even know why he's suddenly saying my name. You can even date Yeonjun all you want.”

“Yah hyung!” The guts of this man. After everything, he just flipped it like that. Where’s the brotherhood there? Even bringing up the name of his nephew. Aishhhhh!

“Enough. Back to Jiyong. And close your ears. Or you’ll die with cheesiness. You choose.” I heard Dara warned. Seunghyun hyung immediately flipped the phone I was holding. His hands frantically searching for something.

“Hyung, what is it?”

He got his earphones from his pocket, attaching it to his ears. I could hear the full blast of music. He looked at me, telling me to go on with my talk with Dara.

“Are we really that cringey?” I laughed at Dara, giving her a glance of Seunghyun.

“I guess we are.” She laughed too.

“I’ll miss you Ji.” Her tone back to the longing one. She sighed once again. Sadness taking over her. I wanted to comfort her one last time. Wanted to feel her. Oh Gosh. I’ll miss her so much.

“I’ll be out soon Mrs. Sandara Kwon. I’ll be back when the flowers bloom. I’ll be back in your arms again.”

“Soon.” She repeated.

 

 

SEUNGHYUN’s POV

Though, I blasted the music to its loudest volume, I can’t help but eavesdrop on the conversation happening beside me. Oh please, this is the power couple, I and the other members have been spazzing for so long.

They’re at it again, lost in their own world. Years have passed, and they’re still surprassing what they have. Their cheesiness just going more overboard. I cringed once again. The mighty and strict leader of Bigbang, turning into an obedient and childish boyfriend when it comes to Dara.

Dara and her effect to people around. My family not an exception. Every single time she visits the Philippines, she always makes sure she visits my sister. Whenever I meet them here in Korea, Yeonjun will always be wearing something Dara has given.

Jiyong’s jealousy of my nephew. It was a disaster. Just remembering that one time, he was a disgust to all VIPs. We were having some family dinner, Jiyong and Dara were invited as requested by Yeonjun. Everything was going fine not until Jiyong was looking for Dara who I saw went to the bathroom. That grand moment, Yeonjun went infront of Jiyong and asked in his highed pitch voice, and smooth English. “Why are you looking for my girlfriend?” The rest of the night was a mess. The two were fighting for Dara’s attention. Whines and pouts were everywhere. Imagine, Jiyong doing that. It took all my will to stop punching him. I can’t risk it. My beloved paintings and vases, shouldn’t be the victim of this ruckus. No one touches my precious artworks.

“Hyung.” Jiyong tapped my arms. He has probably ended the call. It’s about time. I looked around the parking area. The cars already packed.

“She’s strong Ji.” I assured him, seeing that his worries are still glued to the girl he just talked to.

“I know. But I can’t help it. I want to protect her.”

“She doesn’t need it. She just needs you to be there for her. She’ll be fine.”

“And I’m not there. I’m inside.”

“Not that man, she can still feel you.”

“I’m just gonna miss her so much.”

“I know that’s not your concern.” I . I know he’s referring to the men who will be making their way around Dara.

“Hyung!” He huffed, closing his eyes.

“I’ll try Ji. I’ll try. But I won’t need to. Dara is a man-magnet but we do know her eyes are only stucked on you.”

“Hyung.” He laughed. “Is that really you?” 

Aishhhh! I was just trying to lift his mood. Oh God! Why do I even bother sending him off?

“This is you and Dara’s fault. , my image is continuously being tainted these days.”