Back to Her

DARAGON: Moment of Truth, The End

January 17, 2020

DARA’s POV

Jiyong didn’t move when I kissed him after arriving from work. He was doing his best staring at the news showing in the television. I didn’t mind his weird behavior, thinking he’s just on his mood swings.

“Did you eat?” I asked. But the man walked out on me. What’s this all about? The rambling of my inner thoughts was interrupted by the constant notifications on my phone. I checked it, and saw so many comments on my recent post. It was the dance challenge with Zico. Thanks to PO, I’ve became friends with him so I gladly accept the request. It was really a good song, I should say.

When I entered the bedroom, Jiyong was already settled, eyes closed. I crawled to his side, kissing him goodnight but ughhh, the hell is wrong with him. Did he really just turn his back on me? I checked my phone one last time but I accidentally clicked the video. The music echoed the room as I panickledly tried to stop it. The man beside me immediately drowned his head under the pillow, growling.

So that’s the reason, huh. Aigooooo. Why would he even get mad, he knew I was doing it anyways. I swear, so many men have already been murdered in his head.

 

Jiyong was still sleeping when I went to work. I didn’t bother waking him up, knowing he wasn’t able to sleep with all the huffs emitting from him last night. I’ve sent him a message but never got a reply.

“Jjangmae, just drop me at my house.” I instructed when I saw mom’s message after the schedule for the day ended.

“Jiyong will be there?”

“No. Mom needs some documents. Need to get it.”

“How will you go to Jiyong’s?”

“I’ll take a cab.”

“You should call Jiyong.”

“Yea, that’s it.” I nodded. Yeah yeah, as if he’ll pick up his phone.

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

Think. Think. Think. . This is so frustrating.

I checked my phone again, but no messages from her except the one this morning.

Oh God! Should I call her?

No Jiyong. You’re mad remember.

. Just remembering Dara’s post is making me insane.

Mom, why did you shower me with so much jealousness? This is bad.

Walk to the left. Walk to right. Okay. Sit Jiyong. Aishhhhhhhh!

Did I go overboard? What if she’s mad too? Oh my god, what if she won’t go home tonight?!

Relax Ji. You wait patiently, she’ll go home.

I’ve checked my phone, and the hell it’s already 8pm and still no signs of her.

“Jjangmae, where’s Dara?” I asked the moment the line went through.

“She told me to drop her at her house instead.”

“What time?”

“3 hours ago, I think.”

I pushed the end button. . What to do? I should be the one who’s mad, but jealousy and all, I want to sleep beside her.

I quickly grabbed the car keys, and stormed out.

 

I breathed deeply before pushing Dara’s code. I’m not even sure how I arrived here that fast. When I entered, she was in the living room, papers spread on the table.

“Ji” She immediately stood up, surprised. I knew she was about to walk, and kiss me but she stopped. I stared at her. Stared for so long, I was frozen on my spot. God, I miss her. But ughhh, it’s my fault. This is so embarrassing. I walked straight then turned left on the bedroom.

I lied down on my side, facing the balcony. After some time, I felt Dara’s presence. Aishhhh, she’s really serious on not going home tonight. And here I am, following like I’m not the one who’s giving the cold shoulder.

“Babe.” I heard her sigh. I didn’t respond. My mind was having its own havoc. This is not what I want. Aishhhhhh! I waited and waited but the familiar warmth didn’t sink on the mattress.

I stood, and peek outside.

There she was on the couch, covered in a blanket, sleeping.

“You’ve done a hell of good job, Jiyong.” I scolded myself. What am I even thinking?

Instead of scooping her up to the bedroom, I carefully lifted her body, trying to fit myself on the little space, resting her head on my chest.

“Still mad?” I heard her mumbled.

“It always fires back to me babe.” “But I’m hurt. You’re really not going home tonight, huh?”

“Who told you that?” She barely replied, confused.

“Jjangmae told me you’re here.”

“I need to get some documents. I’ll go home after.”

“You will?”

“Mmmm. I was shock to see you here.”

“You didn’t tell me.”

“As if you care, not replying, not talking.”

“Aishhh. It really fires back to me.”

It’s official I’m crazy.

“But Zico and I looked cute in that video, admit it babe”

“Dara, please.” I growled, holding her closer. I heard her chuckle before drifting back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

DARA’s POV

“How many days?” I asked as I pulled the luggage from our closet. He shrugged his shoulder, getting up from bed to help me. “Ji?”

“Not really sure. Need to check with Geeun noona.”

I stretched my arm, asking for his phone.

“Unnie.” I greet the person on the line, putting it on loudspeaker so I could continue fixing the clothes he was getting.

“Annyeong Dara. How is it going?”

“How many days should I pack for him?”

“A week. Is he there?”

“Mhmmmm. Beside me.”

“Haven’t convince you yet?”

“Yah, help me noona.” Jiyong shouted. He was bothering me since he had received the invitation for the fashion week, insisting we haven’t travel out of Korea since he was out from the army. As much as I wanted to, the unstable schedule our jobs have doesn’t want to cooperate this time.

“Schedule conflict. Sorry.”

“Phone call away okay. I need you.” I heard her sigh.

“That bad?” I laughed. My fingers messing with Jiyong’s hair.

“You know him.” She replied.

“Yah, I’m not that bad.” Jiyong tried to defend himself.

“I got you unnie. I’ll hang up now.”

“Sooooo?” I started after ending the call, tucking my arms on my chest.

“What?” He replied so innocently.

“Babe, don’t give them headache.”

“I don’t.”

“I know you don’t” I chuckled. He would never admit it anyways. I crawled my way to him, sitting sideways on his lap. “I’ll miss you again Chanel boy.”

“Dami noona will be asking for you.”

“I’m sure it’s a guy named Kwon Jiyong that will be looking for me.”

“He really will.”

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

“Tired?” She asked, lowering the fire from the stove before facing me.

“Slight.”

She put her hands on my shoulder, massaging it, my eyes automatically closed. She tapped it twice then returned back on cooking. She’s making my favorite, knowing full well what I needed after days of eating foreign food.

I s my arms around her, trapping her into a backhug.

“Thank you.” I mumbled, giving her cheek a peck.

 

After dinner, I tried unpacking my things but all I’ve done was sort them. The moment my head hit the couch, sleep took over me.

When I woke up, my luggages are already standing in the corner. Dara has already finished doing the laundry and returning my stuffs back. I found her in the storage room, holding the vacuum.

“You’re awake.” She said, acknowledging my presence.

I grabbed the cleaning machine from her, setting it aside. “I’ll do this tomorrow.”

“I’m fine. Haven’t done it this morning.”

“You already unpacked my things. You should’ve wake me.”

“You need that nap.”

“And you need to rest too. I’ll do this tomorrow, okay.”

“Fine.” I heard her yawn when she exited the room. Her body is even asking it. This girl, really.

I followed, scooping her body up.

“Yah.” She shrieked. “Put me down.”

“My baby girl is tired.”

She tried to wiggle but eventually stopped, making herself comfortable, wrapping her arms on my neck.

 

It’s already past midnight but here I am staring at her, planting soft kisses on her face once in a while. Sleep not coming any sooner due to jetlag. But my view right now is perfect.

“Can’t sleep?” She mumbled.

“Hmmmm.” 

“Want to talk?”

“Go back to sleep Mrs. Kwon.”

“I want to talk to my husband.”

I chuckled at her reply. Sounds so good. “My husband.” I repeat.

“Hmmmm. My husband. The father of my kids.” Yup, she’s not yet done dropping endearments.

I looked at her, checking if she’s talking in her sleep. Her eyes were still closed but she continued. “My forever.”

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

“Stop suppressing your giddiness.” I looked down, and saw her peeking, a grin flashed around her face. I didn’t even try to stop myself on claiming her lips. God, I love her so much.

“You’re forever huh?” I smirked, my mouth still brushing lightly to hers.

“I’m assuming it’s mutual.”

I laughed. This kind of conversations we have will always spurt all the most ridiculous ideas yet it was one of our weird ways on professing our feelings.