Woozi (IV)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

Woozi

Woozi didn't like skinship, but why did he feel so disappointed when you didn't either?

. . .

The air was crisp and chilly as Woozi stepped out of his apartment, clothed warmly in a thick parka with a hand-knit scarf wrapped tightly around his neck. He buried his nose into the soft wool as he began the ten-minute walk to the studio he shared with fellow songwriters.

While his mind usually would've been on his work, constantly using whatever inspiration hit to create a new piece. But today was different, there was something else that distracted him.

To be honest, it's quite embarrassing; so embarrassing that he knew one of the artists he worked extensively with, Seungkwan, would have a field day with it.

Indeed, he was thinking about his significant other: you.

. . .

The two of you met in college and got along wonderfully. Of course, no friendship is without bumps, however, you were extremely in tune with each other. To the point of it being eerie.

There was a deep-rooted connection between you and Woozi, one that most couldn't begin to fathom. It was as though you had known him for all his life, rather than a mere few years, going by the way you felt acutely his emotions and thoughts.

It was nothing too bizarre, but you knew when his smile went from faint to strained and he knew when your eyes went from idle to exhausted.

Sometimes it was a curse, it made it impossible to hide secrets from one another. Even if you knew that Woozi was tired and didn't want to bother him with the issues that you had at work that day, he would always coax it out of you because he knew at a glance that you were upset.

But for the most part, it was a blessing. You knew when you should pass him a cup of coffee and he knew when you would appreciate a steaming cup of freshly brewed tea.

Most of all, you and Woozi both agreed on one thing. Skinship was not needed, the two of you both didn't enjoy it when family or friends behaved liberally with you and mutually understood that cuddling, nuzzling, and hugging weren't a welcome addition to your relationship.

At least that's what Woozi had thought.

. . .

He wasn't sure when it started, but he knew the moment he felt it most apparent.

You were watching a movie together, a very generic and predictable film that consisted of a righteous hero and poorly-written villain. And the damsel in distress was a vapid doll, lovely. But you seemed happy as you munched on the popcorn you had snatched from the bowl on Woozi's lap.

All of sudden a scene in the boring movie caught his attention, the handsome protagonist had gathered his tragically crying lady into his arms, while the woman buried her face into the chest of her lover.

He didn't want it to happen, but his mind had already begun to envision what it would feel like to wrap you in his arms. Woozi glanced surreptitiously at you, the faintest of blushes on his cheeks as he wondered if you would let him hold you like that.

The thought caused his heart to beat just a second faster, but when he saw you gather yourself into a secluded little ball, he remembered an important detail. You hated skinship.

Great.

As he reached back into the bowl of buttery popcorn, he pondered why the thought of hugging you didn't give him the goosebumps he usually had when confronted with the possibility of cuddling and skin-to-skin contact.

Maybe it was the softness of your hair that he had never once touched, but had only seen fall in fluffy layers when you ran an aggravated hand through it. Or perhaps it was the way your body curled adorably made him want to hug you.

Either way, now that the idea had taken root in his mind, it likely wasn't going to leave anytime soon. Woozi's mind then began to cook up some ideas to nudge you in his direction.

. . .

Your hands were tucked tightly into your warmly lined coat pockets as you walked beside Woozi. "So why did you want to come here again?"

The short male tried to look innocent, but you could see the underlying deviousness. "No particular reason just wanted to try something new. We've never been to a haunted house before."

You raised an eyebrow at his excuse, "And how on earth did you manage to find one in the middle of winter? I thought these were for the summer or fall, the poor ghosts are probably freezing."

Your boyfriend handed you a pamphlet with a grotesque yeti on the cover, "It's part of the theme. Worry not, the yetis are kept in humane conditions."

"Oh, be quiet," you grin as you begin to walk into the large warehouse, "Let's head on in for now before more people arrive later."

. . .

"RAWR!" A grey blur burst out a corner and screamed directly into your face. More than being scared, you were annoyed by the way you felt the monster's breath faintly on your face. 

You continued on, one hand holding the flashlight that you waved uncaringly in the long hallway, the other still placed in your pocket. "It hasn't been that scary so far," you comment offhandedly, still walking ahead of Woozi.

Woozi, who was thoroughly frustrated that you hadn't thrown yourself into his arms like Seungkwan said you would, muttered through gritted teeth, "There's probably one more big scare, just wait."

A loud clattering interrupted the cheeky response you were going to give and you looked up to see a giant dark blob sprint towards you while screaming at a pitch that nearly burst your eardrums. You were actually a little intimidated by the aggressive screaming when splat.

The monster fell face first, up in the air, onto the ground. The scream died into an embarrassed whimper when you approached the prone body. After dusting the bashful worker off, the pair of you exited the warehouse.

Woozi was disappointed, but he wasn't a stubborn mule for nothing.

He still had Plan B through S.

. . .

Woozi ended up getting the cuddles he so desperately wanted much sooner than he had been expecting.

It was at an hour extremely early in the morning, when he was awoken by your unnatural thrashing. This was unnatural for one main reason, you slept like a lump on a log, totally frozen and not to move until you woke in the morning. He tried not to think about how the two of you were like two tallies rested next to each other; completely parallel and not touching.

When he flicked on the lamp and caught sight of the distressed expression on your face, he immediately coaxed you from your nightmare. Your heart was pounding loudly in your ears when you awoke to see Woozi's dark eyes peering worriedly at you.

Forgetting your usual dislike of physical affection, you threw yourself into his chest, holding him as tightly as your gently quivering body would. Your face was tucked tightly against his chest as you breathed in his comforting scent and twisted your fingers in his cotton sleeping shirt.

Woozi refrained from saying anything, knowing that what you needed weren't words right now. But no one said he couldn't enjoy the sensation of holding you, one that he now realized he was going to be even more persistent in getting because it felt all too good.

As Woozi drew the covers around the two of you again, he was surprised to feel that you hadn't budged an inch. It was clear by the way your breathing had settled and the way your eyes were free of any residual fear that you were totally fine.

But you didn't let go.

He wasn't about to remind you that it wasn't your typical behaviour and allowed himself to be lulled to sleep by your warm body heat and the soft breaths he could feel flutter across his skin like butterflies' wings.

. . .

The two of you still didn't like skinship, and would never perform anything remotely 'couple-like' in public. But when you both tucked in for the night, you would slide yourself in Woozi's more than welcoming arms and fall into a slumber that you could only have with him. 

a/n hi, it's been a while, right? i'm a person who's kinda like woozi, i really really don't like hugging or kisses, etc, lol. anyone agree?