☆*: Jun (I)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

  ̀ूFluff w/ a tad of drama~  ̀ू 

Junhui had always been detached and not as animated as maybe others. You didn't mind at all as the peace the existed between the two of you was something you could always rely on.

However, you still had trouble talking to him and couldn't help but to think it was perhaps there was still a bit of a language barrier.

So to amend that fact you began taking crash course lessons in Mandarin. The trouble was this meant less time with Junhui since the both of you had jobs and the lessons were three hours after your work ended.

Since you wanted to make it a surprise for him, you made up a myriad of excuses telling him why you were busy for so long after work. You knew it sounded bad, but it would be over in just two weeks and the two of you could talk better with each other.

Trouble struck halfway through the second week. You got home at 9, a couple of files clamped under your arm since your claims were that you had to work overtime on a new case. Like the days before you expected that Junhui had finished dinner and was likely watching a little bit of television. What you didn't expect was a sullen Junhui sitting in front of an uneaten dinner you had prepared for him in the morning.

"Hey," you tilted your head to the side and placed the files onto the table.

Junhui only grunted.

You sat down in front of him, quite concerned with his behaviour. While he did display his emotions, they were never as blatant as what was happening now.

In a lightning fast action, he snatched the file that was resting by your arm and shook them open.

You watched in horror as blank sheets of paper fell onto the the table.

"So do you want to explain." Junhui was for the first time, truly incensed and upset.

"It's not what you think." Even before you said it, you knew it was the wrong thing to say.

Junhui abruptly stood before walking over to you. He looked into your eyes as he knelt down so his face was level with yours.

A terrible look of utter longing filled his eyes as he whispered, "I'm yours, everything that I am is yours. I won't ask for you in return but I wish I was enough."

Tears filled your eyes when you saw how much you had hurt him.

You reached out and pulled him close.

"You are more than I could ever want," your voice was choked with emotion, "I love you."

"I was only going to Chinese classes so we could talk more easily with each other." You explained while you ran your fingers through his impossibly soft hair.

Junhui pulled back and a look of relief mixed with a tinge of uncertainty was conveyed in his expression.

"Truly? Do you promise?"

You swallowed hard before looping your pinky finger with his. "I promise with my whole heart."

A look of unadulterated joy flooded Junhui's features as he heard your words.

He pulled you back into an embrace before whispering softly, "你知道我有多?" (Do you know how much I love you?)