☆*: Hoshi (IV)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

| ~ fluffy ~ |

 

When Soonyoung first laid his eyes on you, he thinks he had drunk way more Red Bull than he thought he had because there was no other explanation towards why you seemed to be wrapped in a beautiful ethereal light.

 

"...like a dream." Soonyoung mumbled the words softly, realizing that he hadn't been breathing.

 

It made no sense to him whatsoever, what was wrong with him? He was Kwon Soonyoung, never before has the creature known as a female caused such a reaction. He shook his head vehemently, demanding his mind focus on something else, especially since he had travelled all the way out here for some rest and relaxation.

 

Soonyoung had been looking forward to his vacation for quite some time, he and his friends had planned out the entire camping trip ever since they were in their first year of high school. Now that they've graduated, to celebrate, they were finally realizing their plans. However, as fate would have it, Wonwoo was on a trip with his family so it ended up so that it was only him and Jun. Soonyoung had a feeling that Wonwoo was secretly glad that he wouldn't have to sleep in the same tent as them, considering both he and Jun had less than favourable sleeping habits.

 

As he scanned the campsite, he took note of the surroundings. Their site was adjacent to another, joined together by a tap and a few power outlets. He could hear the gentle sound of water at the back of the lot, muted by the semi-dense forest of trees. Past the road that they had arrived on with their car was a gentle sloping little hill that was covered in lush grass.

 

Even if Soonyoung tried to move his attention from said lush grass, it was always drawn back to the people who were picnicking on this hill. Or rather person, as it was you who his eyes kept returning to.

 

It wasn't even because you were pretty, well you most definitely were however, something else stood out even more. It was your aura, it seemed impossibly warm and comforting. And when you turned your body, Soonyoung struggled to remember how to breathe.

 

In the face of that beautiful eye smile, what was oxygen?

 

"Yo Jun, I know this may sound strange, but don't you think there seems to be a shortage of oxygen here?"

 

Jun turned to look at Soonyoung with a baffled expression before continuing setting up the tent. "What are you even saying? We are next to a friggin' lake which supports a large amount oxygen supplying greenery."

 

Oh yeah. Soonyoung continued to unpack their equipment from the SUV while steadfastly ignoring the presence of the girl who didn't even seem to notice their arrival.

 

Pretty girl, what have you done to me?

 

. . .

 

At this point, Soonyoung had already given up not trying to think about you. Now he was pondering how to move from there. You've most certainly peaked his interest but it was pointless if it wasn't returned, so he was now devising a plan for him to look good in front of you.

 

"Uh," Jun blinked in shock. "This is quite extravagant?"

 

"I know right?" Soonyoung's eyes sparkled with excitement, "Doesn't it just scream 'perfect man'?"

 

The tall platinum blond coughed.

 

"Did you just smother a laugh?" Soonyoung squinted intimidatingly at him, "That better have been a real cough."

 

Alarm caused Jun to choke on his spit, resulting in a real coughing fit. After calming down he spoke a little shakily. "Well, it is very flashy, if that's what you're looking for? I don't know if she's going to like it though."

 

The shorter red-haired male completely disregarded the latter part of his friend's counsel, deciding that this plan was the perfect one to get you to look at him.

 

. . .

 

The outfit was uncomfortable to say the least, however Soonyoung had complete confidence that his plan would work, even though preparations didn't go completely as planned. He had visited the equestrian centre located on camp grounds to rent a horse however, when he arrived several problems were introduced.

 

"I'm sorry sir, but unfortunately all of our horses have been booked by several riding camps already. Those who aren't are not fit to be ridden. As much as we value your business, we simply don't have any horses left," the woman looked apologetic before speaking again. "If you don't mind, could you tell us the reason behind your rental? If you could wait three days, we could-"

 

Soonyoung shook his head immediately, "That won't do, I only wanted to ride here today, I don't have much time left."

 

Suddenly the manager clapped her hands together, "You don't seem that tall, so maybe this could work! What's your height? And weight?"

 

The said short redhead looked miffed but answered anyway, "Five-ten and a hundred thirty pounds."

 

The lady clucked her tongue before winking at him. "Not packing that much muscle, are you? But that's great, we have just the horse for you."

 

Before Soonyoung could put in another word, the lady had already started speed walking to the stables.

 

. . .

 

"A pony. It's a pony."

 

"No, it's a New Kyrgyz Horse." The woman amended, sounding quite satisfied with herself, "These guys have been bred to support people of your stature with no problem at all. How about this? Since we didn't have the horse you were looking for and the fact that it's only slightly larger than a pony, I'll give you a discount. How's eighty-five dollars sound?"

 

Soonyoung thought about it, looking contemplatively at the chestnut coloured horse, "Seventy-five and you've got yourself a deal."

 

...

 

You've never laughed so hard in your life. Of course you've noticed the cute boys who had taken up the camping site next to yours, but never would you have thought something like this would've happened.

 

"Uh," You stifled another giggle, "Hi?"

 

Soonyoung sat astride on his horse (pony), princely outfit glittering in the sunlight while a tiny crown rested lightly on his obnoxiously scarlet curls. His proud figure was comically large on the sturdily built, but decidedly short horse.

 

He had galloped majestically, or so he thought, up the hill where you were once again picnicking with your friends. While he was a little nervous, he was positive you would be impressed.

 

Bringing the horse to a stop, he leaps off of it and bows on one knee before responding. "Hullo milady. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, may I just say how radiant your beauty appears wreathed in the gentle rays of the sun?"

 

No matter how ridiculous the boy looked, you couldn't help but to blush a vibrant red that matched the shade of his hair. (Soonyoung was even more taken with you after that, if that was even possible.)

 

"Thank you." You grin playfully before responding, "And you my good sir look absolutely dashing in that spectacularly eye-catching outfit."

 

This allowed you to see him even more flustered than you were, the tips of his ears that suddenly blended perfectly with his hair was a dead giveaway. You couldn't help thinking how endearing he was being.

 

While he was adorable, you couldn't deny that he was being quite extravagant and dramatic. However, regardless, your heart fluttered and beneath the ill-fitting costume and tacky crown, he was cute.

 

Soonyoung smiled bashfully as he stood and offered a hand to you. "Would you like to accompany me on a little excursion?"

 

You stand and, to your friends' shock, take the hand that he was offering, "A pony ride does sound quite interesting. I'm down."

 

"What really?" Soonyoung couldn't believe it would've actually worked, "Oh wow."

 

When you reached his side, you nudged him slightly before chiding, "Don't break character now."

 

He chuckled at your sparkling eyes filled with levity, "I dare not. Shall we?"

 

Your smile rendered him totally and completely breathless. "We shall."

 

a/n hey. just wanted to say that this one shot series will be put on pause for the moment. uni apps and stress. hopefully i can still write, but i feel like won't have enough time to do so.

 

and kudos to anyone who can guess what song this one shot is based off of (and no its not svt lol)