☆*: Seungkwan (II)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

 ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

“Seungkwan!” You called out brightly, waving your arm excitedly at your boyfriend who had just arrived at the orchard. Thinking he was taking a too long, you ran over to his side and linked your arms together.

 

“You’re such a kid,” Seungkwan teased playfully, eyes sparkling with mirth. He was clearly influenced by the exuberance you currently displayed.

 

You rolled your eyes. “Like you’re an example of maturity. This was your idea.”

 

He did his customary shrug when conceding a point. “Fair enough.”

 

. . .

 

The two of you each picked up a basket from the main office before heading out to the wide stretch of land filled with apple trees. The two of you were debating whether to begin picking immediately or wait for a tractor to come pick you up and go to a farther edge of the orchard. But before the two of you could come to a decision, the tractor had already arrived. Deciding to just board, the two of you, along with several families, found a place to sit on top of some square hay bundles on the wagon.

 

During the ride, the constant jolting caused the baskets you had borrowed to bounce from Seungkwan to the floor. But when he reached forward to reclaim them, another bump caused him to gracefully face-plant into the hay strewn floor of the wagon.

 

You couldn’t stop laughing at this frazzled appearance, there were bits of hay tangled in his hair along with stalks sticking onto his face. Although, you soon stopped when you took in the adorable pout he was somehow able to pull off.

 

“C’mere,” you invited and when he was within arm’s reach, you began to gently to clean him up. You took unneeded care when you ran your fingers through his locks, feeling for the coarse bits of straw.

 

Seungkwan secretly felt like making a fool of himself in front of ten other people was rather worth it if this was what he was getting in return.

 

. . .

 

You were looking around for a certain item while Seungkwan was scouting around for some nice apples. When you returned however, an interesting scene greeted you; he was trying to reach for an apple that was too high for him. You think he attempted to climb the tree but clearly didn’t get very far as he was awkwardly wrapped around the trunk.

 

The look of complete focus on his face was too endearing however, you could see a small bit of discomfort begin to grow.

 

He’s stuck isn’t he.

 

“I got the ladder!” You yelled loudly watching as Seungkwan nearly fell off the tree in surprise. You smothered back a laugh as you went to rescue your semi-trapped boyfriend.

 

. . .

 

The ladder was propped up against a tree that Seungkwan had spotted earlier. He claimed that this specific tree had the most promising apples in the entire orchard.

 

As the day drew to a close, you had both decided that this was the last one before you left for home with the sizable haul of today.

 

“Are you serious? I did not hear that from her, why would she keep that info quiet?” You were gossiping casually with Seungkwan while you searched for reddened apples.

 

“Well duh, she wouldn’t tell you. You’re cousins with her crush!” He rolled his eyes as he continued, “But to be fair, it’s not like you’re closer with your cousin compared to her.”

 

“Right? I just wish–” You lost your balance. You could feel ladder wobbling and teetering before your foot slipped off the rung; you plummeted straight towards the ground.

 

You were bracing yourself for the impact when you slammed into something else. Arms?

 

Seungkwan tried to stay standing but to no avail; your added weight plus the force you exerted on him due to falling caused him to tumble onto the ground with you in his arms.

 

“Oomph.”

 

You weren’t jarred at all but you could imagine that Seungkwan likely had the air knocked out of him. Your chest grew warm when you realized that not only did he catch you from falling but ensured that you wouldn’t somehow slide out of his embrace on the second fall by holding you tightly against his chest.

 

You lay your hand softly on his cheek, his face was slightly scrunched likely due to the pain. You brought your lips to his for a sweet kiss.

 

“Thanks, love,” you whispered softly when you broke away from him. For a guy who was supposed to be terribly winded, he responded way too well to the kiss. Seungkwan seemed to have regained all of his senses since he was grinning at you with a teasing look in his eyes.

 

“I think I deserve another kiss.”

 

“Oh shut up.”

 

“You can shut me up, all you have to do–” Seungkwan was more than happy to be interrupted by you (or rather your lips).