☆*: The8 (II)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

 ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

You were struggling to haul your overstuffed luggage out of the apartment when Minghao came to rescue.

 

“Thanks.” You awarded him with a bright smile.

 

“No problem,” he hummed happily, although that soon changed when he realized what was happening. “You’re leaving already?”

 

You nodded, “Yup, it was about time too. My family has been nagging at me forever to go back to visit. I also have someone special waiting for me back home.”

 

Minghao’s heart stopped as panic began to flood his system. No. You had someone special back home?

 

The two of you were roommates that had been living together for the past six months. You had been having trouble finding an appropriately priced apartment to stay in since you didn’t have anyone to split the cost of rent with. It was around this time that one of your friends had said he was going to be moving out of his apartment, and that his old roomie was now looking for a someone to stay with him.

 

So, it was through this series events that the two of you met, and now the two of you were close. Even Jun, your childhood friend and Minghao’s old roommate started complaining that you two were starting to exclude him.

 

Somewhere along the way, Minghao’s feelings began to change and develop from friendship to something more; it was heartbreaking to hear that you already had a significant other. He hadn’t even worked up the courage to say anything about it and all his hopes had been crushed and pummeled.

 

When Jun came to pick you up, Minghao discreetly pulled him aside to ask him, “So does um, does she have a significant other that you know about?” He nodded his head at you.

 

Jun’s eyebrows furrowed a little, confusion was evident on his features before a sudden thought struck him. A devious smirk made its way onto his lips as he replied, “I wouldn’t say significant other, but she does have a particular attachment to someone at home.”

 

“Wait, so she’s not dating anyone?” Minghao couldn’t stop the hopeful grin from spreading from ear to ear. But then it fell away, “But she’s in love with someone.”

 

“I know you really like her, so I’ll help you this once.” Jun tried to keep his face completely serious while he gleefully cackled on the inside. It was the perfect opportunity to make Minghao squirm. “I’ll try to sniff out the relationship between the two so you have an idea of what your competition is.”

 

The younger boy’s eyes sparkled so brightly that Jun almost felt bad for what he was about to put him through.

 

. . .

 

When you had arrived home, you hugged your parents tightly while they welcomed you. Jun stood on the side before he was pulled into the giant embrace. When you had finished dinner, you were too excited to see your ‘special someone’.

 

You ducked into the backyard while Jun was sneakily following you recording everything that he knew was going to happen.

 

As soon as you stepped onto the grass, a massive 100 pound German Shepherd came running to you.

 

“Duo’er Gun (pronounced kind of like gwen(?))!” You called out filled with happiness, “Did you miss me?”

 

Your dog didn’t even stop and immediately pounced on you before lathering your face with kisses, “Hey,” you giggled, “Stop it, that’s enough with the kisses.”

 

Your overgrown dog, who still behaved like a puppy, had a pathetic expression of disappointment when you pushed his eager face away.

 

“Oh alright,” you beckoned for him to come back, and when he did you placed a peck onto his head with a loud “Mua”.

 

Jun decided that he had struck gold when he sent the audio file to an anxiously waiting Minghao. He wanted to clap himself on the back for his dastardly evil, this was going to be the best thing he had ever thought to do.

 

. . .

 

Minghao wasn’t sure how many times he had already listened to the audio that Jun had sent him a week ago. But every time he tried to think of an alternative that would have made sense, the whole phrase with the kisses and you giving one didn’t fit. He was essentially depressed at this point. It was clear you were dating someone, why would you behave in such a way if the two of you weren’t dating? And what parent names their kid after a Chinese general? The last thought was purely petty but Minghao didn’t care.

 

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

 

When he opened the door, he was greeted with a tight hug from you. You had missed this dork who began to take up an alarming part of your heart, “I’ve returned!”

 

Even though Minghao wanted to be grumpy, how could he? “Welcome back.”

 

But the depression soon returned when you began to talk about your trip, Minghao couldn’t help but to think back to the fact you were taken. It wasn’t that hard to pick up on when you saw that he was looking like a kicked puppy.

 

“Minghao, what’s wrong?” You weren’t going to let it go and he knew it so he could only confess what he had been hiding for a long time.

 

“I didn’t know you had a boyfriend… but I really like you, like a lot. You make my days better and you can cheer me up when no one else can. I’m pretty sure I’m a short distance from being head-over-heels in love with you,” Minghao’s eyes were downcast as he spoke, while his cheeks and even ears were bright red.

 

You felt unadulterated joy when you digested what he had said before confusion set in, “I don’t have a boyfriend so I don’t know where that came from. As for what you just told me, it’s a relief that you feel the same way I do. Minghao, you have slowly stolen pieces of my heart and unless you plan on giving them back, I suggest you take good care of them.”

 

As much as he wanted to pick you up and kiss you senseless, he didn’t want you to hurt who you were with back at home. He brought out his phone and played the audio.

 

You knew immediately what happened when you listened to the clip and burst into laughter. “I do love my dog very much but if you work hard I think you can overtake him someday.” You paused before continuing, “Jun sent you that didn’t he. He’s actual evil.”

 

Minghao wanted to face palm, no wonder the ‘boyfriend’ never said anything in response when you spoke to him.

 

“So, are you going to give me a kiss or not?” You smirked, teasing him.

 

Minghao didn’t waste a beat, giving you the first of many kisses.

 

a/n s. coups is next. I felt kinda bad for giving him such a cruddy little drabble... given that his is the first one you read lol, so for the next update, the longest oneshot to date will make an appearence