☆*: S. Coups (II)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

 ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

You were beyond excited for the summer trip your group of friends had painstakingly planned for the past three years of high school. Now most of you finally had driver’s licences and a few even had cars of their own; although the conditions of these vehicles were the opposite of the youngsters that drove them.

 

The two-week long stay in a cottage by the sea was a relaxing endeavor that all of you needed. After checking the time and double checking your essentials, you phoned Seungcheol; he was responsible for picking you up.

 

You and Seungcheol had an interesting relationship. Because your birthday was the latest out of your group of friends, he had always looked after you like a younger sibling. It was only a few months’ difference, but he insisted on babying you.

 

It was endearing, but infuriating.

 

You didn’t know how to get it through his thick head that you did not want to be treated as if you were his daughter or something. The stupid crush you had on him might have gone over better if he wasn’t in ‘dad’ mode every time he was with you.

 

“Did you eat lunch yet?”

 

“You finished your homework last night right?”

 

“Look at your dark circles, you have to get at least seven hours of sleep every night!”

 

He never nagged anyone else. Just you. It was heartwarming to know he cared, but for heaven’s sake he didn’t have to treat you like a child.

 

Beep! Beep!

 

You grabbed headphones on your way out of your house. “Mom, Dad, I’m leaving!”

 

“Have fun!”

 

“Stay safe!”

 

Echoed after your words as you closed the door behind you. You pulled the suitcase along the driveway to see Seungcheol hop out of his car, looking as handsome as ever. His shirt was ed at the collar exposing part of his toned chest, paired with a casual pair of jeans and sunglasses that sat on the bridge of his nose.

 

“Let me get that for you,” he reached over to take the luggage from your grasp.

 

You smiled, “Thanks.”

 

When you slid into the passenger side of the car, you turned around to see that the entire back row was stuffed with a random assortment of items. There were tennis rackets, a giant bottle of bubble fluid, and at least five pairs of shoelaces.

 

“Do you plan to use all this stuff?” You asked Seungcheol when he sat down and got ready to start the car.

 

He shrugged, “You never know.”

 

“It does seem a little bit of an overkill,” you commented before opening up your phone to set up the GPS.

 

“You didn’t forget anything did you?” Oh dear Lord, give me patience.

 

You pressed your lips together into a thin smile, hoping that this was the only question he would be asking this time, “Nope, I’m all packed and ready.”

 

“You got all your toiletries, toothbrushes, and extra socks right?”

 

Your answer was short, “Yup.”

 

“You brought at least one sweater and one waterproof jacket?”

 

“Seungcheol. I brought everything you said to bring on the comprehensive list you sent me a week ago. Even the ‘undergarments’ you felt embarrassed typing out and I felt embarrassed reading. Can we go now?” You watched as a bright hue of red grew on his cheeks that weren’t completely protected by his sunglasses.

 

He cleared his throat awkwardly before he nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.”

 

. . .

 

When you had finally arrived at the cottage you leaped out of the car before running and jumping outside. The sea breeze the permeated the air was so invigorating you could help but to let out a happy whoop.

 

Seungcheol watched you happily, a wide smile on his face. You were just too adorable.

 

He knew perhaps he was being too much sometimes when it came to taking care of you. He could also see how fed up you would get with it, but he couldn’t seem to help himself. It felt so natural to want to protect you and take care of you, it was second nature to him.

 

But he never seemed to get over the little flutter his heart would do when faced with your beaming smiles. One would think after years of seeing it, the effect would dull, but it almost seemed like the opposite was true instead.

He wasn’t sure what caused him to behave the way he did when it came to you, but all he knew was that he wasn’t going to let anything hurt you. Ever.

 

. . .

 

What beach trip could be complete without a bonfire?

 

This was the mentality that everyone had when it came to partying at night; there seemed to be countless parties that went on throughout each week. Even your group of friends played host once, it was pain to clean up afterwards, but the experience was quite fun.

 

During these bonfire parties, many groups of young adults would gather and socialize together. This was how you met Moonbin. The two of you had randomly bumped into each other at one of these gatherings and clicked immediately. The relationship the two of you shared was purely platonic, he had his eyes on another girl whereas you clearly were still pining after a guy who couldn’t seem to figure out how frustrating it is to be treated like a kid by your crush.

 

“So how long do you plan on staying here?” Moonbin spoke loudly to be heard over the chatter.

 

“It’s been like five days now? So like a little bit more than a week left?” You answered while looking for Seungcheol, you were planning to leave soon.

 

“Hey, then that means we still have some more time to hang out. Why don’t you give me your number and we can meet up sometime?” He grinned widely, phone in hand.

 

You turned back to your friend, “Sure, that sounds like a plan. Pass it here,” you gestured to the phone.

 

As you typed your number into Moonbin’s phone you were unaware at a pair of hostile eyes that were glaring at the owner of the device.

 

After you made Moonbin promise to contact you soon, you waved and prepared to search for your absent friend.

 

“Who was that?”

 

You jumped out of your skin when it seemed like Seungcheol somehow just materialized out of thin air.

 

“What?”

 

He grunted, an annoyed grimace on his face. “Who was that boy you just gave your number to?” He tried to tamp down the bitterness that was leaking into his tone.

 

You raised an eyebrow, “What’s it to you? He’s just a new friend I made.”

 

Seungcheol didn’t understand the growing fury that was burning within him. He didn’t want to you to see that guy again, especially that guy who was taller than he was and had a smile that he was sure could make you melt.

 

“He doesn’t seem like a great guy,” he grumbled under his breath, a surge of possessiveness caused him to grab your hand and pull you along back to his car.

 

You rolled your eyes but didn’t reply because the feeling of his hand with yours was quite distracting.

 

. . .

 

Recently, Seungcheol noticed, you were giggling and smiling at your cell phone a lot more than usual.

 

He must be the reason.

 

Every single time he thought back to the way you smiled at the guy when you were leaving resulted in a bubble of anger and annoyance to grow in his chest.

 

Those smiles should be reserved only for me, he thought, even though he knew it was unreasonable.

 

A sudden noise interrupted his moping, although he vehemently denies it as such, and he looked up only to have his breath taken away.

 

It wasn’t even something huge, but for some reason it left an impression on Seungcheol that would not be fading any time soon. In truth, you looked the same as you usually did, except for one thing, your shoulders were showing.

 

Your hair was also pulled up so your neck was exposed and Seungcheol’s eyes were unable to look away. For a second he wondered what it would feel like to have his lips caressing the skin he couldn’t usually see.

 

Stop.

 

“Where are you going?” Seungcheol’s voice was off you thought.

 

“Oh, just out to the nearby docks, Moonbin, invited me out for a walk.” You were about to slip on your sandals when a hand fastened itself onto your wrist.

 

“And you’re going to go out like this?” His voice was dark, a foreboding feeling of danger sounded in your mind but his words were so infuriating you ignored it.

 

“What do you mean ‘like this’?” You tried to control your temper but it wasn’t working all that well.

 

Seungcheol gestured at your shoulders, “Look at you, how is this appropriate? Go put on a cardigan,” he abhorred the idea that someone else, especially this Moonbin, see you like this when it was the first time he had after all those years of knowing you.

 

Your voice was tight, “And why exactly should I listen to you?”

 

“Because I want only want what’s best for you. You know I just want to take good care of you,” Seungcheol reasoned.

 

You stepped closer to him until you were nose-to-nose; something in you just snapped. “I don’t need you to take care of me, to coddle me, to baby me, okay. I neither want nor need it because," you paused, “You aren’t my dad!”

 

Seungcheol was hopelessly enraptured by you; your flashing eyes and flushed cheeks drew him in like a moth to a flame.

 

When you didn’t hear a response, you continued to speak, although in a much softer tone this time. “And if you wanted what was best for me you would’ve kissed me by now.”

 

A dry chuckle left his lips as he surrendered to what his heart had been telling him this whole time. “Well then, I sure am relieved that I’m not your dad.”

 

You looked at him in confusion before he slid an arm around your waist and pulled you so you were pressed tightly against his chest. His other hand slid into your hair as he smirked boyishly at you. “Because now I can do this.”

 

And then you were kissing, and it wasn’t chaste that’s for sure.

 

You weren’t sure how it happened but Seungcheol had his lips against your neck, laying kisses wherever he went before he gently scraped his teeth against the skin and lathered the area with more attention.

 

. . .

 

“Seungcheol,” you ground out as you studied your reflection in the mirror. “Did you give me this thing?”

 

The boy began to run when he heard the anger in your voice; but he couldn’t help but think of the mark he had left on your skin with a self-satisfied grin.

 

a/n how was that ;)