☆*: Jeonghan (III)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

| ~ fluffy ~ |

 

You liked the three o'clock bus a little too much.

. . .

The sun was streaming through the bus window as you rode the early afternoon bus home. It felt quite pleasant, the rays of light warmed you up slightly as the fall air grew colder by the day. You fiddled idly with your cellphone, never staying on one app for more than a few minutes before giving up and just watching what was going on outside.

You looked down at your phone again when the bus arrived at another stop, wondering if anyone new was going to step on. Other than students, there would usually be little adults who would take this bus. But you had absurdly early shifts so here you were, riding on the bus in the afternoon.

When the bus doors closed, something compelled you to look up. Before you did, you noted the way the newcomer walked, in a measured step, unlike the rushed ones of teenagers you were accustomed to.

It was almost as if he was waiting for you to glance at him, like it was only natural, because when you did, he was looking right at you. You were taken aback, not because he was already looking at you, but because he was heartbreakingly beautiful. When he knew he had caught your eye, he sent you a shy smile before seating himself across from you.

You didn't know him. At least you thought you didn't.

. . .

You crossed your legs as you studied the crossword on the daily newspaper you had randomly picked up at the library. Although you rarely did so, you began doing the crossword after completing the word search quite quickly. You gave up soon after and boredom resettled as you became stuck after a few minutes.

Just in time to see him step onto the bus.

When he walked in, he scanned the seats in search of something before landing on you as if you were what he was looking for. He didn't break eye contact as he approached you, a pretty smile on his lips as he came closer and closer.

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" His voice was just as pretty. You nodded a little woodenly, wondering why he would sit next to you.

"Sure."

After he had settled himself and the bus had started moving again, he leaned towards you, affecting your heart quite seriously.

"I'm quite partial to crosswords," he glanced down at, "Least green, as fruit. Hm, six letters."

You weren't sure what kind of situation this was, you didn't know the man at all. And while you didn't feel uncomfortable, he was still very well a stranger. You were just about to ask him what he wanted and who he was when he snatched the pencil from your hand. There was a tingling sensation where his fingertips brushed your hand.

"Now then, I do believe that the word should be..." He tried his best to pencil in the letters on the moving bus. "Ripest."

When he placed the newspaper down you finally spoke, "I'm sorry. But do I know you?"

"I know you," a soft look entered his eyes, "But you don't know me. How fitting."

He stretched out a hand, "Yoon Jeonghan, pleasure to meet you."

His hand was very warm and very familiar.

. . .

"Jeonghan," you greeted as you saw your friend as he bounded toward you, his long brown hair fluttering in the spring wind. The wide smile he gave you as you welcomed him made him forget the feelings of anger and frustration he had originally had.

The two of you were still young, young enough that no one would say anything about the rich young master playing with a commoner. Jeonghan knew that he wasn't supposed to meet you, when his parents had first found out he was with you, they had punished him. They told him that being with you would only make him unhappy.

But being with you made him happy. He wasn't happiest when he was with his tutors, he wasn't happiest with the other boys, he was happiest with you.

So, he would take any opportunity to sneak out of the house to come meet with you. He knew that he could always find you on the little rolling hill of a local park. Your grandparents often left you here to play on your own while they took walks around the area.

Jeonghan's heart finally settled when he wrapped your hand in his.

"I'm back."

Your smile brightened the terrible week he had been having.

. . .

Jeonghan wondered if it was possible a person could not only mature but retain the same sort of spirit that one could usually only see in children. But when he looked at you, he was so sure it was possible.

When he stepped onto that bus on that fateful day, his gaze tunneled to you. You should've been just some random girl he had seen on the extremely rare occasion where he took public transport. But he knew immediately you weren't.

You were the missing piece of his heart he had been looking for over the past decade.

. . .

"Why?" You asked, tears in your wide eyes. Your small face only dramatized the watery sadness you were showing to a broken-hearted Jeonghan. "Don't leave."

The young brown-haired boy didn't have the heart to tell you that were the reason his parents had decided to send him away; they were determined that their precious son wasn't to be sullied by the likes of you. Jeonghan didn't believe for a second that the other little 'princes' and 'princesses' his parents made him speak with held a heart full of truth and courage like yours did.

He brought a hand to wipe at the round tears that spilt out of your eyes, "I'll miss you a lot."

You wrapped your short little arms around Jeonghan, who did the same. "Don't forget about me."

"I won't."

. . .

"Let me treat you to coffee." Jeonghan offered when he sat down next to you. "I'd love to get to know you a little more beyond our little bus rides."

You blinked owlishly. Was this beautiful human asking you out on a date?

Jeonghan wanted to laugh at the bewildered look you were giving him, as if you didn't believe that he was being serious. You looked so adorable with a startled expression accompanied with flushing cheeks.

"So, what do you say?"

After reigning in your shock, you beamed happily. "That would be great."

. . .

"Where are we going?" You asked. Your arm was tucked into Jeonghan's as the two of you walked along a street you faintly recognized.

His lips were curled in a carefree smile. "Just to a park."

You chuckled, "This isn't a park that you'll bury me after chopping me up into little pieces, is it?"

"Who put that idea into you head?" Jeonghan asked, with a faux-alarmed expression while you laughed. "But it is a very special park."

When you reached the park that was lively with activity, Jeonghan walked with a purpose to a low-rising hill on the edge of the area. When you both reached the top of the hill, he sat down before inviting you to do the same. You sat in relative silence while the hubbub of activity hummed in the background. You watched as Jeonghan's face became more and more relaxed as if he were at home.

"Do you remember this park?"

You thought for a moment before something clicked, "Yeah, I used to come here a lot as a kid. But then my grandparents left and I started staying at a daycare," you shuddered, "I hated that."

He studied you with curious eyes, how much did you remember? Why don't remember me?

You stretched, "It feels really nice here." You then proceeded to lie back onto the grass, relishing in the sun warming your skin. Jeonghan watched you with an affectionate glint in his eyes as he hummed a little tune under his breath.

As you listened to his smooth voice, a sudden sense of déjàvu washed through you. This has happened before, not just once or twice but many, many times. You were brought back to another time, when spring hung about the air in the form of dampened grass. A boy with the most angelic smile and voice that would come play with you, a boy who left.

"Jeonghan?" You sat up abruptly.

The unsuspecting male only had time to look up when you threw yourself into his arms. You squeezed him tightly as you beamed with complete delight. "Yoon Jeonghan."

He felt a pleasant little shiver run up his spine when he heard his name spoken by you. He was about to return the embrace when you quickly detached yourself from him, a blush on your face.

"Sorry," you laughed, "Wow, it's really you! You actually remembered?"

Jeonghan pushed down the disappointment that he felt when he only saw curiosity and wonder in your gaze.

You jumped when you felt your hand being wrapped by his warmer one; you sent him an unsure look. But when you saw his expression of honesty you relaxed your hand in his.

"I said I wouldn't forget about you. I don't break my promises," Jeonghan excluded the fact that he wouldn't have been able to, even if he wanted.

You smiled wistfully. "I wish I could say the same." A spark seemed appear in your eyes as you asked questions in a rapid-fire manner, "Where did you go? What have you been up to? When did you come back?"

Jeonghan held back the chuckles as he began to tell his story. You listened with rapt attention as he spoke, completely fascinated. He hadn't even really gotten to anything when you realized it had gotten late.

You hurriedly stood, "I've really got to run. But I definitely want to catch up," you grinned impishly at Jeonghan, "I'll see you on the bus."

The handsome man nodded, a tenderness to his smile that you couldn't yet see.

a/n hey. im already on the thirties, wow i really have no life lol.