☆*: Wonwoo (II)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

 ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

“Argh,” you groaned in frustration before slamming your head unceremoniously onto the open textbook that lay in front of you. “I absolutely detest this unit. Why did the earth decide it wanted to be a giant magnet?”

 

Your friend beside you let out a throaty chuckle before taunting you, “This is why you shouldn’t have decided to be such an overachiever.”

 

“Oh shut up,” you shot back before sticking your tongue out at the boy who was casually reclined on his armchair, flipping through some novel.

 

You turned back to your notes and book, continuing to review more for the electromagnetism test you had the next day.

 

“…motor principle, external magnetic field lines are pointing this way…which means the force must be pushing down. Wait, why is that wrong?” You began panicking, feeling totally out of depth. You felt so helpless, the assessment was tomorrow but you couldn’t even explain the motor principle. You were so screwed.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey-O.”

 

“Earth to potatohead.”

 

That didn’t just make you giggle. “I actually hate you.”

 

“That’s just what you say to help you sleep at night.” He winked at you while flashing you a playful grin. However, his expression soon transformed to a serious one as he continued to look at you.

 

You felt your face heat up a little, somehow his gaze was causing some sort of reaction from you. It was so distracting that you forgot about your stress infinitesimally, a feat little could claim.

 

“You are capable. You can and will do well. You don’t need anyone to validate you, least of all some numbers that don’t mean anything in the long run.” He never once broke eye-contact as he spoke, his dark eyes were flickering with an emotion you couldn’t fully identify.

 

You could feel your heart growing lighter as you took in his words, suddenly there was some ray of hope illuminating what should have been an utterly depressing moment. The distance between the two of you seemed to shrink and you couldn’t tell if it was him leaning in or you. He had lifted a hand to your cheek and when you were just a breath away, “I got it!”

 

You turned around so fast that you nearly gave yourself whiplash. “My thumb was supposed to be pointing in the direction of the electrical current, which means that yes! The force is pushing upwards!”

 

You completely forgot about your friend who was currently cursing the high heavens for your inspiration. He sighed, was he just ed by physics of all things.

 

Wonwoo watched you affectionately as you continued working through your review with renewed vigour. Although he was glad that he was able to bring you out of your slump, he was a little disappointed that the moment you both shared was forcefully shattered.

 

“Hey,” you smiled brightly at him, “Thank you.”

 

Wonwoo crossed his fingers that he wasn’t deluding himself into thinking that there was a hint of tenderness that went beyond friendship that lay within your words.

 

. . .

 

“Wonwoo!” You called out while bounding towards him in excited half leaps. You were so completely thrilled and filled with energy that you didn’t hesitate to pull him into a tight hug.

 

Although he was surprised, pleasantly so, he didn’t miss a beat and quickly returned the embrace. In fact, he didn’t seem to want to let go and you had to wiggle yourself out of his arms, you couldn’t wait to share the news.

 

Wonwoo wanted to sigh, couldn’t you stay a little longer? He was just about to imprint the experience within his mind, but you just had to slip away like you always did.

 

“Guess what?” Your smile was so blinding that he couldn’t help but to return it. He could never be put out with you.

 

Wonwoo laughed, “Why guess when you’re going to tell me anyway?” His laughter grew as he saw that you had an exaggerated expression of dissapointment on your face.

 

“Wow, way to be a party pooper.” You tried to keep yourself from grinning but you couldn’t persevere at all, mainly because you were totally overjoyed. “Remember that physics test?”

 

“Yeah the one that you were ready to give up life for?”

 

“Oh c’mon.” You huffed, “I wasn’t that dramatic.”

 

He raised an eyebrow, a skeptical look in his eye.

 

“Okay, so I was being a little dramatic.” You conceded before continuing, “Well…”

 

Wonwoo tried not to prompt you to get on with it; he tried to guess what mark you would have received for you to be so incredibly happy.

 

“I aced it!”

 

Following your words, you pounced again onto your poor friend whose feelings were flying out of control at this point. Your next words caused Wonwoo’s breath to catch in his throat. “I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you for all the time you spent with me, cheering me on when I felt depressed.”

 

“I-I well–” He was prevented from finishing by a chaste peck that you left on his now frozen cheek. He wasn’t sure what just happened but it definitely happened. Praise Newton or Ampere or whatever.

 

Wonwoo looked at your blushing face and felt that the relationship between the two of you had finally begun to shift. He wasn’t in any rush, he would wait, continuing to support you, lend a shoulder, and care for you. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t going to take advantage of your current state of flustered confusion.

 

He snatched your hand that was hanging limply by your side, threading your fingers together. He wanted to chuckle when he saw your sharp intake of breath when he did this; although your hand felt tense in his, Wonwoo tugged you forwards as he continued to walk.

 

“Let’s go get celebratory ice cream!”

 

a/n second batch of drabble/one-shots lets go lol. anywho school is stressful which gave birth to this. with the way this school year is going, expect more of these.