☆*: The8 (III)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

| ~ fluffy ~ |

 

Pumpkin picking at a pumpkin patch with your pumpkin, Minghao.

. . .

 

You snuggled deeper into your covers as you felt sleep beginning to leave you. The autumn sunlight that streamed through the windows warmed you nicely. Too bad Minghao wasn’t going to let you laze around today.

 

“Baby,” his sweet voice cooed, “Morning.” He leaned in close so he could whisper into your ear, “You promised you would take me to the farm.”

 

“Why would I do that?” You mumbled into your blanket covered hands, refusing to leave the comfortable warmth of your bed.

 

“Because your boyfriend has been really good and you are an amazing girlfriend who wouldn’t let him down?” He wheedled, a teasing glint in his eyes that you couldn’t see.

 

You let out a defeated groan as you began to stretch, preparing to get up. “You’re lucky I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too,” Minghao watched as you sat up sleepily while rubbing your eyes cutely. He couldn’t help but to lean in and quickly peck you on the cheek. He never got tired of watching your face turn pink because of him.

 

“Jerk.”

 

As you brushed your teeth you wondered how Minghao got up so easily every morning; it was as if he could wake up and get up only seconds away from each other. You weren’t one of those people.

 

. . .

 

Minghao was practically trembling with excitement, his curly hair bouncing lightly while his eyes were wide and taking in everything. This was the first time he had experienced anything like this, although the place was swarmed with young children, the expression on your boyfriend’s face seemed to fit right in.

 

Glancing at Minghao and realizing that he very much wanted to go into the petting zoo, you began pulling him in the opposite direction, “We came here for pumpkins so we’re going to get those first. If we go to the petting zoo now, by the time we get back we’ll probably only have some lame, bruised, shriveled pumpkin.”

 

You wanted to giggle when you heard him sigh wistfully before allowing himself to be pulled away to the gigantic pumpkin patch.

 

. . .

 

“How ‘bout this one?” You asked, admiring a medium-sized pumpkin that was plump and pleasantly orange.

 

Minghao shook his head vigorously as he glanced at the pumpkin you were pointing at, “That one is so small and lame. I want everyone to be shocked when they see our pumpkin.”

 

You blinked at him before chuckling. “Well then, what do you think? Which pumpkin do you like?”

 

Your blonde boyfriend scanned the surroundings before beginning to pick his way around the patch, his figure growing more and more distant. You continued the search for a pretty pumpkin, worst comes to worst, if the two of you didn’t agree on your pumpkin tastes, you could always just buy two.

 

“I found the pumpkin!” You turned towards your boyfriend who was pointing excitedly into some distant area that you couldn’t make out. You wondered what amazing pumpkin could have caused Minghao to be happy as you picked your way towards his direction. You kept an eye out for ‘the’ pumpkin.

 

“Baby,” Minghao’s eyes sparkled as if he had seen a puppy. “Do you see that one there? Isn’t it eye catching?”

 

You blinked. And blinked again. You looked at the pumpkin and then turned to look at Minghao before checking to see again if that thing was really the pumpkin he was talking about. You closed your eyes for the third time hoping that when you opened them again the monstrosity would somehow be a little less vulgar.

 

No dice.

 

“Honey.” You took the hand that had been pointing to the pumpkin. “Are you sure you want that pumpkin?” If you could even call it that. You recalled your earlier thought of buying two pumpkins and immediately changed your mind; there was no way you were bringing that thing home.

 

“But it’s so cool, everyone will be so amazed by it. This pumpkin is definitely the one we’re getting, look at that character!” He was so excited.

 

You didn’t know what to say. “…well it is eye-catching.” That was an understatement, the ‘pumpkin’ was ugly, there was no way around it. The was a lot of discolouration, the pretty orange that you liked was washed out and almost pink looking. And the shape. The traditional round, squat shape was replaced with some sort of strange cylindrical one with a dent in the side, as if in its youth, it had suffered a tragic blow to its side and grew wonky ever since. To top it all off, there was some sort of lump growing close to its shriveled stem, looking like a giant pimple that went un-popped.

 

“Right?”

 

There was absolutely no way that pumpkin was going to be hanging out anywhere near your general vicinity.

 

“Minghao, honey. Please don’t do this to me.” You pleaded, “I really don’t like that pumpkin.”

 

“But, but it’s perfect; it reminds me of you.” The second part of his statement threw you off so completely you didn’t see the sneaky little smirk he was wearing as he said it.

 

Did he? Oh he did.

 

What?” You were livid.

 

“It’s so unique! Just like you.” This time you managed to catch the teasing glint in his eyes and you began to smile. It wasn’t a pleasant smile.

 

“Minghao. You better start running.”

 

. . .

 

After tearing through the farm, nearly mowing down several children in the process, your crafty boyfriend disappeared into the corn maze. The wind had started up slightly, brushing through the tall corn and sending them swaying side to side. You were never really good at mazes, but Minghao wasn’t going to get away from you that easy.

 

You stepped into the path cautiously, there was surprising lack of small children running about when you glanced left to right, trying to decide whether to continue straight or turn. You cocked your head to the side to listen for any telltale footsteps but the rustling of the corn prevented you from succeeding.

 

“Minghao?”

 

There was some answering laughter to your right so you headed towards that direction. After taking several turns, you see a flash of blonde hair darting through the maze through a curtain of corn. You try to see where he came from, but end up unsuccessful. However, it seems that luck is with you because after a few moments you catch sight of him again. He doesn’t seem to notice you through the corn, but you see him come unmistakably closer. You watch as he glances around quickly ensuring that he is indeed ‘alone’ before sitting down.

 

You want to laugh so badly, but this was too perfect an opportunity. Minghao clearly thought that he was in a dead end, so he was actually facing the path that he took to get to the place he was sitting. This left him conveniently vulnerable to you since his back was facing you, albeit with a wall of corn between you.

 

Minghao, I’ve got you now. You cackle evilly in your mind.

 

You inch yourself as close as you can to the corn, testing the distance between the two of you with an outstretched arm. You decide that you could barely fight through the corn to reach Minghao and that there was a possibility that he would escape. But you were going to try.

 

The unsuspecting boy was catching his breath when a loud rustling behind him startled him to action. He wastes precious seconds twisting his body around to see you shoving through the corn to where he was sitting and dread begins to fill his system. He had just gotten up to begin running for his life, the look in your eyes was pure malice, when he was tackled.

 

“Ooomph.”

 

. . .

 

You watched in amusement as Minghao tried to get the copious amounts of dust off of his T-Shirt. “Need some help honey?”

 

“Nope.” He laughed nervously, the predatory look you were wearing still hadn’t faded yet.

 

You walk up to him anyway, the corn maze that once protected Minghao now trapped him. It was like the walls of corn were preventing him from running away; your gaze pinned him where he stood.

 

“Now then. I brought you here because you were being a good boyfriend,” you smirked, “so you said this morning. But I don’t think so anymore.” You grabbed a fistful of his still dirty shirt and pulled him down so the two of you were nose-to-nose. “You’ve been a bad boy.”

 

But just as you were about to drag him out of the corn maze this way, as if he were a misbehaving puppy, Minghao’s expression turned into one of slyness overlaid with heated attraction.

 

You were so pretty when you were mad.

 

In a quick movement, Minghao wrapped his arms around your waist and closed the distance between both your lips.

 

At first your annoyance won out against the kiss, but his persistence ignited a flame within you, soon your fingers were curled in his hair while your lips moved feverishly with his. Just as this kiss was drawing to an end, you nipped his lip. Hard.

 

“Ow!”

 

“Good.” You watched as Minghao nursed his ‘wound’. “Stop being a baby.”

 

You chuckled at the despondent look he sent you.

 

. . .

 

You rubbed your forehead in an exhausted manner as you studied the new ‘statement’ piece in your living room.

 

The things I do for love.

 

You watched as Minghao put a beanie onto the ugliest pumpkin in existence.

 

“Let’s pretend it’s our baby!”

 

“If you don’t stop right now, I’ll smash that ‘baby’ right over your pretty blonde head.”

 

a/n hey, i'm back. just took a weekend cuz i had some homework. taking physics, chem, adv. functions, and english together is terrible. and its only the second month. send help pls. lol