☆*: Seungkwan (I)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

  ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

“Yo Kwan,” you greeted as you swung yourself around the brick wall that separated the two of you.

 

“Why do you call me that?” Seungkwan grumped, dumping his books and bags onto the grassy ground.

 

You shrugged before sitting down next to him. “Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.”

 

He ignored you, fishing his lunchbox out from his backpack.

 

You sidled a little closer before nudging his shoulder with your own. “Alright. Spill. What’s wrong?”

 

Seungkwan put down his food, resting his chin on his hand. He gazed into the distance, which didn’t contain anything even mildly stimulating.

 

He hefted a sigh, “Am I cute?”

 

You almost snorted, “I mean, you are quite cute, Mr. Fishing-For-Compliments.” However, you still wondered what was going on. He had never asked you anything even remotely similar in your year-long friendship.

 

“Never mind.” There was muted blush on Seungkwan’s cheeks. “I mean. Like, you know.”

 

You raised your eyebrows at him, “No, I don’t know.” You couldn’t help but to think of him as precious when he was so cutely flustered.

 

He finally turned to face you. “What do you really think of me?” His eyes were wide and serious, you were startled by his proximity.

 

You were lost for words as you watched how the sunlight lightened his usually dark eyes into an enticing umber brown.

 

What am I doing? You nearly slapped yourself. What did he ask me?

 

You said what anyone would say to a question they couldn’t answer. “I dunno?”

 

“You don’t know.” Seungkwan seemed quite upset. “You don’t know what you think of me?”

 

You felt extremely awkward when you realized what the question was.

 

“No, no. I know.” You corrected yourself. “I um, I just didn’t really know what to say. But you’re a really good friend, playful but caring. Fun to be around.”

 

Now Seungkwan just looked completely put out.

 

You were totally confused. Why was he upset? Unless…

 

He sighed even more heavily than before. Seungkwan buried his face into his hands so his voice was a little muffled when he mumbled dejectedly, “I guess this is what the friend zone feels like.”

 

Now you really didn’t know what to say. You had honestly never really considered even the idea of being romantically involved with anyone. But when you thought about the possibility of the two of you, you couldn’t deny that it appealed to you.

 

“Seungkwan.” You reached over to tug at his hands that were covering his still blushing face. “I might be a little dense, but not totally. Let’s do this properly. Is there something you would like to tell me?”

 

He took a fortifying breath before he turned to face you. “Well considering the situation I might as well just go all in.”

 

He took your hands in his, and you could feel a flush creeping up your neck.

 

“I actually really like you. Not in a ‘let’s be buddies and buy each other coffee sometimes” but in a “let’s hold hands like right now because I have always wanted to” or “let’s take care of each other and trust each other with our secrets and hearts” or maybe even, “let’s spend our days together because somehow days with you in it are just better.” Seungkwan never looked away as he said all of this. The earnest look he was giving you caused your heart to flutter.

 

“First. Maybe if you were clearer the first time round, I would have been able to say this: Even though I was never interested in just dating in general, with you, I’d give it a chance. And second. You are very much free of the ‘friend-zone’.”

 

The look of unadulterated joy that radiated from Seungkwan was infectious as you felt utterly happy. When he brought you into an enveloping hug you could feel the quick staccato his heart was making. You could definitely get used to this.