☆*: Mingyu (I)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

  ̀ूFluff  ̀ू 

“Ah, another five pounds,” you mumbled dejectedly at the scale as you stared balefully at the number on the digital screen.

 

This was depressing, you were so busy these days that you haven’t been able to sit down and have a healthy cooked meal in weeks. All the junk food you’ve been ingesting did nothing good for you.

 

You sighed again. Mingyu was finally coming home after a long business trip and you had prepared a special dinner for him. When he arrived, the two of you embraced warmly and he began devouring his dinner after putting his suitcases away.

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” Mingyu questioned, his dark eyes were confused. “You know your food is frickin’ delicious, why don’t you have a couple of bites?”

 

You felt quite embarrassed. “I, um, already ate.”

 

“You hate eating alone, we’re both like that. You knew I was coming home today and you made an amazing meal,” he paused, putting down his chopsticks. “Nothing makes you happier than when we eat a home cooked meal together.”

 

You looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes.

 

“What’s the matter?” Mingyu reached out and took your hands from across the table. “C’mon, look at me.”

 

Hearing the gentle coaxing, you acquiesced and glanced at the deeply concerned expression that he was showing you.

 

“Well, I felt like it was time I went on a diet,” you said quietly, flustered. “While you’ve been gone, I’ve actually been so busy and eating super unhealthy so I’ve gained a quite a few pounds. I feel like a whale.”

 

“Honey.” His voice was so soft. “I hope you know that I am in love with you inside and out, I don’t care if you are old and gray or if you gained a few pounds. I also happen to find whales majestic creatures.” He winked at you.

 

He continued, “But if it does bother you, I’ll make sure to cook healthy meals for the next couple of weeks and take you to the gym alright? But no dieting, you aren’t going to be missing any meals on my watch.”

 

You didn’t know what to say so you acted. Getting up, you rounded the table and gave Mingyu the most heartfelt hug you could.

 

“I love you.”