☆*: S. Coups (III)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

| ~ fluffy ~ |

 

Seungcheol looked good on his new bike, and he knew it too.

 

. . .

 

You blinked before staring in disbelief at the sight present before your eyes. “Seungcheol?”

 

The sleek black motorcycle that slid its way right next to your decade old vehicle made little to no noise when he cut the engine and hopped off. Dressed in dark leather, with a similarly dark helmet on, Seungcheol looked even more fit and built than he usually appeared to be. With a smooth movement, the helmet was removed, revealing a mess of hair than he casually fixed with his fingers.

 

He turned to you, a twinkle in his eyes. “Hey.”

 

You wanted to say something back, anything. But you were staring gob smacked at the ridiculously attractive image that he was, all tousled hair and graceful power.

 

Seungcheol smirked, your reaction was even better than the one he was anticipating. It was so worth it.

 

“Hey, uh hi.” You wanted to smack yourself, just because he showed up on a bike doesn’t mean you start acting like an idiot; but you stole another glance at him anyway. You took a moment to settle your nerves and pretended to gather your things.

 

You took a little peek. Nope, your heartrate spiked as soon as you glanced at him.

 

He was more than amused by your obvious embarrassment and the streak of red that was dashed across your cheeks. “So, you like it?”

 

Your eyes refused to look directly at him, as you answered in an overly casual manner. “Yeah, it’s cool.”

 

He snickered. “I was thinking more on the opposite side of the spectrum. My baby’s hot.”

 

Why are you blushing? You tried to will the heat to go away but it was stubbornly fighting its way onto your face. “Sure, whatever.” You had to leave now before you said or did something stupid, like kissing the cocky smirk right off his face.

 

You hopped out of your car before locking it and turning to leave. Seungcheol’s voice called from behind you.

 

“You have a standing invitation to a ride with me!”

 

You tried to tell yourself that it was just the weather, never mind that it was mild, that caused your cheeks to be flushed with the brightest red known to man.

 

. . .

 

It hadn’t even been a day and the entire cafeteria was buzzing with the fascinating topic of how hot Seungcheol looked on his motorcycle. The pains of being in a small high school, when something remotely exciting happened, the students would snap it up like starved wolves.

 

As you sat down in front of your friend, Kei who was fixing her signature fringe while she waited for your arrival.

 

“Have you seen –” You cut her off.

 

“Don’t you start on Seungcheol too,” you groaned tiredly as you began to dig into your lunch. “Like the rest of the student body hasn’t run that topic to the ground already.”

 

She laughed, eyes watching you carefully as you avoided looking at anything except your lunch. “But c’mon. You have to admit that him and bikes were a match made in heaven.”

 

“Everyone looks cool on a motorcycle, I bet you could pull it off.” You shrug, “It’s nothing special.”

 

“But I wouldn’t look like Seungcheol.” She wondered when you’d realize that you liked the boy a lot more than you let on.

 

“Kei, I’m just tired of hearing his name. Can’t we talk about something else?” You grumbled as you tried to ignore how his name would fly into your ears once every few seconds.

 

The girl shrugged offhandedly thinking of a way that she could push a few steps in the right direction.

 

An uncharacteristically sneaky grin appeared on her face when she asked, “Could you drive me tomorrow? I don’t want to walk.”

 

You thought nothing of it as you agreed; your mind was once again replaying the ridiculously handsome grin that Seungcheol shot you when he first saw you. Until reality slapped you in the face, stop.

 

Kei snickered, you were hopeless.

 

. . .

 

You were stranded. Alone.

 

In the school parking lot that was conveniently devoid of anyone that could help you. How did this even happen. Your car had been working fine this morning, everything was in order. Even though the car was ancient, you still ensured that it was safe to drive. There was only one real answer you could come up with.

 

Your car battery was dead.

 

But could that happen? You would never leave your headlights on, it was nearly impossible for you to make such a silly mistake. You paced around the front of the car, a hand running through your hair in frustration.

 

A sudden thought struck you.

 

Kei.

 

You remembered that this morning after the two of you arrived, early, because you did not want to run into Seungcheol again. You had already walked into the school when your friend exclaimed that she had forgotten her History textbook in your car and asked if you could give her the keys to fetch them.

 

“I’ll be right back,” she reassured, “Head to your locker first and drop off your stuff and I’ll meet you there after I got my book.”

 

It did strike you as strange that she would forget the textbook she claimed gave her back pains, but you didn’t really think too deeply about it.

 

You were going to kill her.

 

After leaving a strongly worded voicemail that threatened excruciating pain the next time you saw her, you began to wallow. How were you supposed to get home? You lived too far to walk, hence why you drove every day, and you couldn’t think of anyone who would be willing to drive back to the school to drive you home.

 

You sat down on the dirty gravel wondering what you were going to do. You could wait for your parents to get home and pick you up. But that idea was unpleasant to the extreme, they would probably chew you out for being so irresponsible and letting your car battery die.

 

You scanned the area again for anyone that would have both a car and cable to jumpstart your vehicle before giving up. It was already getting late, only a smattering of random cars that likely belonged to teachers parked around. You buried your head in your arms.

 

“You okay?” A deep voice asked, a hint of laughter in his tone as he studied your defeated form. “What’s wrong?”

 

You looked up to see Seungcheol, once again dressed in dark leather. “My car battery died and I’m stuck here.”

 

He laughed. He laughed.

 

“What’s so funny?” You huffed as your foot began to roll rocks beneath your sole in mindless motions.

 

He was so handsome. The afternoon sun caught his eyes in the most attractive way, it looked exactly like melted chocolate. Smooth and sweet.

 

“Didn’t I say? You’ve got an invitation to have a ride with me.” He winked at you cheekily and found that he liked it way too much when you blushed.

 

You still looked unsure as you considered your very limited options. “You won’t do anything dangerous, will you?”
 

“I’m already dangerous, don’t need to do anything extreme to prove that.” He smirked.

 

“Oh, shut up.”

 

He offered his hand, a more earnest expression on his face accompanied his words. “Come on, your transport awaits.”

 

Steeling your heart that thrummed loudly in your ears when you thought about being in so close to Seungcheol, you reached for his hand.

 

“Don’t kill me, please.” You smile, a nervousness filled you. You weren’t sure if it was because of the motorcycle or Seungcheol himself. You had a sinking feeling it was the latter.

 

He held your hand tightly as he pulled you to his bike, a happy grin on his lips. “You’re in safe hands.”

 

You felt warm.

 

“Here,” he passed you the helmet from his little trunk compartment before stuffing his backpack and your bag into it. “Put that on and hop on behind me.”

 

You clicked the strap on before you looked skeptically at the tiny space for you to sit; this was a bit too close for comfort. You shifted your weight from one leg to another as you tried to convince yourself that it was just a bike ride.

 

Seungcheol pat the seat invitingly, “Let’s go.”

 

You somehow get on, and you awkwardly grasp his jacket with your hands.

 

He chuckled, “That’s not going to work. You might as well wrap your arms around me now before regretting it later.” He was lucky you weren’t able to see the faint colour that was on his cheeks as he spoke.

 

You reached your arms out and looped them around his toned torso with a great number of reservations. But it did feel nice. More than nice.

 

The bike roared to life as he began the drive you home.

 

You were happy, you realized as you’re the ride began. The wind was largely blocked by Seungcheol but the sound of it rushed by your ears giving you a rush that you enjoyed. You didn’t realize how tightly you were clinging onto him at first, but you loosened your grip as became more accustomed.

 

Seungcheol felt a little twinge of disappointment when he felt your arms hold weaken, but his heart began to flutter when he felt the soft weight of your cheek on his back.

 

All too soon the ride was done. You didn’t wait for him to get off before you did and took off the helmet that did nothing for your hair. He also took of his helmet, for no reason other than trying to re-tame his mess of dark hair.

 

Your smile was bright and beautiful. “Thank you.”

 

There was no cockiness in his voice as he replied. “Anytime.” There was an unfamiliar bashful expression on his face as he smiled unsurely.

 

Suffused with sudden courage, you brush a fleeting kiss onto his cheek.

 

“Bye!”

 

There were stars in Seungcheol’s eyes as he watched you duck into your house and waving at him once more through the window as he popped his helmet back on.

 

He was hoping that your car would break down more often as he drove his way back home.

 

a/n hey. s. coups + motocycle is A1. sidenote: waiting for svt's comeback, yes pls ;)