Joshua (VI)

SEVENTEEN | Drabbles + Oneshots

Alien!Joshua

You weren't sure what you were expecting when you climbed onto the roof of your apartment building, but the cute boy studying a broken UFO definitely wasn't it. 

. . . 

You stretched lazily, removing your cramping fingers from the keyboard of your laptop. You had been furiously typing out a paper that was due the week of. Unfortunately, you had procrastinated and ended up needing to not only conduct all the research needed, but to also condense it into a well-worded report. 

Yeah, you weren't having much fun. 

But working on your computer for three hours straight was taking its toll on you, your eyes were watering as you stared at your screen. You decided that it was about time you took a well-deserved break, so you shut your laptop and moved to stand. 

It was quite late at night, so your leg stretching places would be limited. You wished you could summon the energy to go to your favourite park, but settled on stargazing a bit on the roof. You remembered the clear blue skies today as you walked to the library to work tirelessly on your report. 

Bringing a blanket with you to protect yourself from the night chill, you begin to climb stairs that lead to roof. You weren't sure what you were expecting when you opened the heavy door, but the gigantic saucer-like disc that lay smoking in the middle of the open area definitely exceeded your expectations. 

Okay, you thought, is someone shooting an alien movie up here? You curiously drew closer to the detailed prop and began to take in the intricate detailing of the glossy metal and strange lights that you had never once seen before. It looked so real.

You reached out tentatively to touch the metal to see if it was as smooth as it looked when a hand fell onto your shoulder. You let out a strangled yelp and spin around to apologize profusely for touching the prop. 

The apology dies in your throat when you catch sight of the most breathtaking face you had ever lain eyes on. The boy was almost ethereally beautiful, his eyes were wide and innocent while his lips were upturned prettily into a smile. 

"Blurf." He greets casually when he meets your eyes, "Herfnur smigu."

You tilted your head to the side in total confusion before replying with a very intelligent, "Huh?"

He points at a smoking piece of the UFO that you had noticed earlier despite it being in the darkness of the night, "Jeruv liprio. Dreke opfiu?"

Am I being punked? But you couldn't see any trace of mischievousness in the male's eyes, it was all earnestness and truthfulness. 

You shake your head, "I can't understand what you're saying, I don't speak your language." You mime your message the best you can in case he still can't tell you couldn't make head of tails of his words. 

An understanding light enters his eyes before he nods, however, instead of pulling out a phone to use some faulty Google Translate, he immediately wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you close. You feel your heart rate spike at the sudden movement but you didn't even have time to ask what he was doing before he plants his pink lips onto yours. 

You can't help but to gasp and he takes the chance to slip his tongue into your mouth, and as strange as it was, you melt into the kiss. The sparks seem to light up your bloodstream, heightening your senses. His lips moved in tandem with yours and you were overwhelmed by this strange boy. 

When he pulls away, you are flushed an appealing red and splutter incoherently since it seems his kiss had rendered you totally incapable of forming a complete thought. 

"Hi," he says, his voice lyrical and soft, "I'm Joshua. Thank you for letting me learn your language; it's called English?"

Now you were really suspicious, this had to be some ridiculous prank, right?

"Yeah," you confirm as you look around for hidden cameras. However, you were immediately distracted from your search when he laughs. 

"English is strange, it doesn't make much sense," he comments, an expression of genuine confusion on his face. "Why are there so many rules that don't even hold true half the time?"

At least this was something you related to on a spiritual level, "Yeah, English is stupid. Are you lost?"

The light-haired male raises a thoughtful hand to his chin as he replies, "No, I know where I am. This is the third planet from this solar system's sun, is it not? Its roughly ninety light years away from Delphini."

"Are you pranking me?" You scrutinize the weird individual you had stumbled upon, the way he spoke was beyond odd. 

He pauses, "I am not playing a practical joke on you. I need your help, actually."

"So, judging by the UFO, the next thing you'll tell me is that you're actually an alien." You joke lightly, but you can't help but to feel that your words were close to the truth. 

"I suppose that would be what you call me, I do prefer extra-terrestrial. It sounds cooler." There's a dorky little grin on his handsome face before it falls, "You do not believe me, do you?"

You can't help but to feel guilty when you look at his disappointed expression, "I'm sorry, it's just a little bit farfetched; an alien showing up on the roof?"

"What if I prove it to you?" Joshua asks as he takes your hand and places it onto the cool metal of the giant saucer. You ignore the tingles of pleasure that you feel at his touch, "Don't move."

You wait and watch as he brings out a little remote and presses a little button, suddenly in a bright flash of light the once hulking chunk of metal disappeared. Your hand was now just hovering in the air. 

"How?" Your eyes were wide with wonder and as difficult as it was to imagine that the boy in front of you is an alien, you were beginning to accept his claims. "What?"

Joshua smiles brightly, "An innovation that is unique to my home planet, I believe Earth technology hasn't been able to harness the intricacies of the sixth dimension."

"Yeah," you blink dazedly, trying to come to terms with the current situation, "I assume you don't want to be stuck on Earth? How will you go back home?"

He is once again fiddling with the little remote, "I sent a distress signal to twelve of my fellow squadron members, my sub-team should've been able to receive it. Unless they forget about me again." There's an adorable pout on his lips as he recounts that fact, there hasn't been only one instance were his fellow team members had conveniently left him behind. 

"You don't have anywhere to stay, do you?" You decide to just run with it; Joshua the handsome alien. 

"No," he shakes his head, "I don't."

"Well, you're welcome to stay at my place for the time being until your friends come get you," you offer with a sweet smile that causes Joshua's heart (which looked quite different from yours, but that isn't important) began to tremor. 

As he follows you down the stairs your apartment, he thinks perhaps it won't be such a bad thing if his team members happen to take their time discovering his disappearance. He was quite interested in your planet, but most of all, you.

"So why did you kiss me?" You ask the question that had been bothering you. 

"Oh, I can learn new languages that way," Joshua's cheeks flush a faint lavender. You weren't sure if his veins were purple or his blood, but the sight was very charming either way. "I usually would not have behaved so liberally with a lady, I apologize."

"It's alright," you avoid his eyes as you continue, "Don't apologize, the kiss was...nice."

Yeah, maybe spending some more time with his charming host wouldn't be a bad idea at all. 

. . . 

As Vernon sat down at the large conference table with the members of Squadron SVT, something seemed off. Their annual meetings were always a riot since all thirteen of them would finally gather after so much time apart. 

He still can't shake of the feeling when S.Coups raises a cup of punch and taps it loudly with a knife, "Shut up! Let's get this meeting started!"

Suddenly, Vernon's stomach sinks because there had was something missing; where was the person that constantly and religiously checked the punch for alcohol content?

"Oh God!" Vernon's loud exclamation stunned the rest of the men as he counted the bodies to make sure he wasn't making a mistake, "Where's Joshua?"

Joshua's fellow team member's faces immediately blanched and Seungkwan began looking around furiously for the missing male. "Joshua! Where are you?"

While Woozi was being stared down by S.Coups and Hoshi, Vernon was busy yelling words that would've caused Joshua to fall into a pit of despair had he been present. 

Jeonghan's soft voice was unusually loud and panicked as he called out the message he had forgotten about, "Joshua had to make an emergency landing in a solar system in the Milky Way."

"When?!"

His voice quieted guiltily, "...eight months ago."

"OH MY GOD!"

. . . 

a/n i thought the last bit was needed lol. thanks for reading. 

#dontforgetjoshua