Friends - my POV - [NO ROMANCE]

Short Stories - Starring: You

 

IMPORTANT!! No romance in this story! it's just friendship and a little comedy! 

i wrote this one because i'm totally frustrated; i want him close so much that it hurts and i hate myself for being like this i mean he's never to even talk to me i know but i can't help it... i'm being really hopeless and brainless, i just had to let it out. so don't expect any romance from this little story. this was supposed to be some kind of gift to a loyal Gamer friend of mine; but it turned out so bad and no romance in the end, she's disappointed, she won't accept it. i have no regrets. still, hope you enjoy. 

and please comment, honeys; though i know it's not good, please don't punish me with no comments ^^' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, hyung... yeah, I'm okay like this, you go. Yeah, like I said... I'm not coming, hyung!! Yeah, get me some pudding. Yeah." He closed the phone and put it in his pocket, kept watching the drama with uninterested eyes. 

"You're not okay." you stated. 

"I am, why wouldn't I be?" he shrugged. 

"You're not playing Starcraft. You're not okay." you stated, sure of yourself. 

"Shut up, it's the final episode." he shooed you with his hand. You sighed and turned off the TV from the remote. 

"What the hell?! I told you it's the final-"

"I know you don't give a . What's the name of the main character?"

"It's... Lee something?" he mumbled.

"Come with me." you grabbed his wrist and pulled him hard, making him fall from the sofa. 

*** SOME TIME LATER ***

"! Can you believe it?!" 

PUNCH! No, you couldn't believe it. PUNCH, PUNCH! You definitely couldn't believe it was you who convinced him into this. Your hands and almost whole body ached. 

"How could I be treated that way? ME! CHO KYUHYUN!!"

PUNCH! PUNCH, PUNCH, PUNCH! PUNCH! You should have thought better of how powerful he would be; but you'd definitely thought he'd calm down sooner. He'd been pouting for some time now, you'd only wanted him to relieve a little of his stress.

"She openly - openly - cheated on me! What did I do to deserve that?!"

PUNCH! You probably loved Starcraft more than her, you thought. PUNCH, PUNCH! Good thing she didn't know this side of yours, you added in your mind as you barely stood your ground with the last punches. And he wasn't even wearing gloves; he only had bandaged his hands. 

"I mean - I took care of her," PUNCH! "Chatted with her, " PUNCH! "Took her out," PUNCH! "Even texted her three times a day - three - just because she wanted!" PUNCH, PUNCH! "And what did she do? She chated on me! With some guy who doesn't have even half of what I have! He's not handsome-" PUNCH! "not smart-" "PUNCH! "not gentle-" PUNCH! "can't sing-" PUNCH! "he doesn't even have a full-time job yet! What's so good about him? Why? WHY?!" PUNCH!

The last punch flew you back, you fell flat on the ground of the ring; the sandbag went almost flying, it was swinging now. He held the bag still and looked at you from the side of it.

"Are you okay?" he asked. No, you didn't feel okay; but you still sat up, wrapped your arms around your knees and nodded. You barely kept from whining and massaging the back of your head. 

"You seem to be angry about being cheated on with a loser more than the fact she cheated on you." you observed. 

"I did think she might be the one." he said, resting his head on the sandbag. "I thought I could truthfully love again, if it was her."

"She gave off that kind of feeling, didn't she? I trusted her too." you nodded. Yeah, it'd hurt you to see them that way at first and you'd wanted to punch the in the face; but she did seem pretty loyal and like she could be trusted. 

"I didn't yet; but I didn't expect this much either. I guess I was starting to trust her." he said, sitting in front of you and wrapping his arms around his knees, mirroring you. He was sweaty and sweet. You felt the mere shadow of your old heartache touch your heart.

"You have no luck in love." you laughed, easily ignoring urge to jump on the emotionally wounded Kyuhyun and steal his heart. You were used to the urge to jump on Kyuhyun and make him yours anyways. Well, you would have done that long ago if you'd felt even a tiny speck of romantic interest from him. But he only saw you as a friend. You didn't want to lose his friendship, so you made your mind and that was it for you. That was in the past, you heard the familiar voice in your head, we're over him now.

"Yeah, I seem to have no eye for that." he smirked.

"Destiny?" you asked simply. 

"I stopped believing in that a long time ago." he shook his head.

"Why?" you asked. You knew the story; but he himself had never told you, so you just asked. And he just shrugged.

"Just because." he said nonchalantly. He still didn't want to tell. You sighed.

"You're hopeless." you said.

"Well, yeah, I have no hope left to be happy." he said.

"I could make you happy." the words escaped your mouth before you realized. Your own words made you scared. ... what'll I do now? What if it gets awkward now? As he couldn't process what you said yet, you decided to turn it into a joke.  my mouth, but this won’t get to me anymore.

You stood up before he could say anything and punched the sandbag three times. You were tired; but hitting the sandbag would keep you from looking for something else to look at while you corrected your mistake. And it seemed fun. 

"I've been by your side all this time now. I know what goes wrong with your relationships." you started talking. He didn't say anything. You found a rhythm punching the sandbag. 

"They always expect too much of you - like things you'd never do. Like, they expect you to belong solely to them. You wouldn't." you explained. "But the biggest mistake isn't that. It's that they don't respect Starcraft. I wouldn't do that, that's so wrong." you laughed at the thought of Starcraft weighing more than a girlfriend in Kyuhyun's mind. He was such a selfish bastard. So what he needed was a mother, not a lover. You kept the thought to yourself. 

"This last -" the word made Kyuhyun laugh "- cheated on you because she'd idolized you in her eyes and you weren't what you wrote in her head. That's also wrong. It's like creating a man with your body and a prince charming character. I mean, please... no one's perfect!" 

You were totally concantrated on punching so you were surprised when the sandbag stilled. Kyuhyun had stood up and was holding the sandbag still for you. You smirked and powered up your punches. Revenge, dirty bastard...

"See, if they wanna be with you forever, they need to learn to accept you just the way you are. They need to be content with the amount of the attention you show. I know you're not the type to show your attention by a thousand text messages or calls a day, it's unreasonable anyways. I hate it when men do that, it's so boring! We'd get along really well about that." you laughed. You were lying to him just to get his spirits up. What the girls requested wasn’t that much. They’d only wanted him to call them once since it was always them calling him and he didn’t really talk to them even then. He was like an icicle. So awful, you pitied all those girls. That cheater girl was one big hero to you. Of course you didn’t say that.

"And another thing; they try to do what they like with you though your choices definitely don't match up. They need to learn enjoying wine, computer games and evil jokes, or it just won't do cuz those three added up equals to you." you heard him laugh behind the sandbag. I was criticizing you, bastard! You strenghtened your punches. 

"One more thing. They all are being selfish. It would work with Haefish or Teukie oppa; but not with you." as the selfish bastard you are, you added in your mind, "They need to try to make the life easier for you. And for you're a celebrity, they need to accept the fact that they need to stay in shadows until you decide you love them enough to get married - haha, marriage and you, they sounded so weird in the same sentence!" you laughed, he laughed along. That's it, just like this. Nothing awkward.You were satisfied with your performance.

"Basically it's like an idiotic, unreasonable, insane love is needed to stay together with you. Like 'You're all I need to live on. Even if you aren't with me it's okay as long as you're happy. I don't wanna lose you no matter what. I couldn't live without you; I'm scared of losing you more than the apocalypse. I would be the happiest if only you turned to look at me. And I would make you the happiest man on earth. I belong to you with my whole body, heart and soul.' kinda way." you felt an invisible knive stabbing you on the back as you realized that was exactly how you'd been a few months ago, before you finally realized you were being a pathetic fool and it wasn't worth it. You laughed at your idiocy. 

"You talk like you've experienced it." Kyuhyun stuck his head out from the side of the sandbag. You threw an extra powerful punch towards his face and stopped one inch away from his nose. He hadn’t even flinched. You relaxed your arm laughing, you started unwrapping the bandage on your hands.

"Like hell I would." you lied. You had and you hated the fact. He jumped off the ring and plumped on the cushions next to the wall.

“So you think you’d make me happy with these.” he said.

“Are you having fun right now?” you asked.

“Yeah.” he answered.

“See? I can make you happy.” you winked. He laughed at your reasoning.

"You’re an idiot. And, you wouldn't be that way if we were going out." he said from where he sat. You went next to him and sat on the other edge of the cushions. 

"How can you know? Have we ever gone out?" you mocked him. 

"Girls are like this: one way when friends, completely different when lovers." he smirked.

"Again: how can you know? Have you dated all the girls in the world?" you mocked again. 

"I've dated enough." he said.

"It means you just haven't dated one like me." you smirked at him, high and mighty. 

"So you say you wouldn't be like that."

"IF we were dating. I think. Well, we'll never know." you said nonchalantly, "I'd never go out with someone like you."

"Someone like me?" he said with an offended smile, "What's wrong with someone like me?" 

"You're asking me this? You're really really asking me this?" you said.

"Yeah, what's wrong with me?" he pressed on, annoyed.

"I've been telling you for, like, since the start of this conversation, you're still asking me?" you said. 

"What're you telling, you've just told what they did wrong!"

"Those are the exact reasons I wouldn't date someone like you!" you almost laughed with disbelief. This guy... how more blunt can I be?

"I don't get it! What's wrong?" he pressed on.

"You're a selfish bastard, that's wrong!" you blurted out finally. To hell with it. You kept on ranting in a normal voice after that. "You play computer games all the time when you're free, everything evolves around you, you don't ever try to think about the other party, you see every wish of your girlfriend as a bother, you don't even love any of those girls! This is just a bother for you, you've never valued any of those girls before - which is exactly why you always get dumped, by the way. And a relationship? Don’t make me laugh! What you need is a mother, not a lover. Why would I wanna go out with a selfish bastard like you?" why is it starting to sound like he asked me out and I rejected him?

Kyuhyun gaped at you before your ranting all sank in. 

"You..." he growled, which made you jump to your feet and back away. He also jumped to his feet and started chasing you in the club room, "How do you think you're talking to your oppa, huh?!" he yelled.

"You're just two moths older than me! When have you ever been my 'oppa' anyways?!" you yelled back.

"Still! Is this the way to talk to your elders?!" he yelled, closing up on you. You changed your way and got the ring between him and you.

"You asked I answered!" you said as you both stalled on the other ends of the ring. "What? You can't take hearing the truth about yourself? That's why you're angry with me? Sore loser?" 

"You little..." he growled and jumped on the ring. You squealed and started running away again, "Who do you think you're talking to?!" he yelled at you. 

"Cho Kyuhyun the Narcissist Son of a !!" you yelled back laughing as you kept running in circles in the room.

"YAHH!! WHAT DID YOU SAY??!!" he barked. Lucky I have strong legs like my mother, to run for cover when I need it... why is this song playing in my head now?

"Okay okay, I'm sorry, your mom is a great person, she's nothing to do with this! I apologize to your mom!" you yelled, "It's just you that's the !!" 

"Youuu.... I'm so gonna kill you when I catch you! Take it back! I'm telling you, take it BACK!!" he shouted. You looked back for a second, he was annoyed as hell yet having fun and he was near. But that second cost you your balance. When you staggered, he caught up to you and grabbed your wrist strongly, keeping you from falling down. He was breating just a little faster while you were almost out of breath. 

"Gotcha." he said, with an evil smirk. Scared of what he'd do now, you decided to make a risky move to escape from him. You rose on your fingertips and brought your face inches away from his with your eyelids half close: "So what now?" 

As Kyuhyun didn't understand what you were doing or how to respond, you pulled your wrist out of his grasp with a quick move and started running away once again. You turned to look back at the flustered face of his and stuck your tongue out at him. "Bleeeh!!"

Then suddenly you tripped on something. You squeaked high-pitch and put your hands forward to lessen the impact of the fall; but they hit the thropy case and you rolled down the floor full impact. Your foot was trapped in the ropes you tripped on, you felt an awful pain at your wrist when you fell and cried out with pain. When you looked up, with pain, you saw the trophy case wiggling back and forth. Your eyes widened with fear as the giant thing finally decided to fall on you. You couldn't move an inch, you couldn't do anything. Put your arms above. Don't let it fall on us! You raised your hands for cover as your inner voice ordered.

But it wasn't needed as Kyuhyun appeared out of nowhere and pushed the trophy case back in balance, though a few of the trophies had falled around you. You took in a deep breath with relief. He immediately turned around and knelt next to you. 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he said worriedly. 

"I'm alright, it's just, my foot's tangled and I think I sprained it." you said truthfully. He snorted with disbelief.

"You call it okay? Let me help you with this." he started untangling the ropes from your feet, but as he held your ankle the nauseating pain came back and you gasped and moaned weakly. 

"I'm sorry, I'll be gentler." he said. You nodded, bearing with the small pain as he dealed with the ropes. After a short silence, you heard his voice again; his face hidden by his dark brown wavy locks as he kept his head bowed. 

"How can you of all people call me selfish? When have I ever neglected you in any way?" he said, his voice sounding a little hurt. 

"When have you ever cared about me in any way?" you countered, "I'm the only one there for your troubles and I can't say the same about you. And supposedly we’re friends."

"As if you ever tell me any of your troubles." he snorted quietly, "I'm always the only one opening up to you. You simply say it's nothing and run away." 

"What'd you be able to do if I told you? Don't tell me you'd come to visit my mother when she was in hospital or shield me from my enraged father when I got low grades." you laughed bitterly. 

"I could at least listen to your troubles and try to comfort you." he said. 

"Says the guy who doesn't even bother to call his girlfriends. Why would you do that for me?" you said. 

“Tell me you don’t mean what you said.”

“Why, no I mean exactly what I said. Why would you listen to my troubles when you don’t even bother to call your girlfriends once every two days?”

He sighed and raised his head to look directly into your eyes as he'd finished untangling the ropes. You couldn't understand his expression.

“Maybe because I value you more than them?” he said, sighing. Despite his words making you kinda happy, you sighed too.

“This isn’t right, you can’t value a friend more than your girlfriend. Even though I’m flattered by your attention and all, it just won’t do. Cuz what you need for a happy love is a clever girl and clever girls won’t go out seriously with a man that loves them less than a friend – especially a female one.” You tried to explain to him. Despite him being a huge prick, you still wanted him happy. It was, in fact, a pain in the . When he didn’t respond in any way, you rolled your eyes.

“Look, honeypie, girls’ head work simpler than you think.” you started explaining more simply, “A reasonable girl in love keeps fighting for you if they see even a little bit of love in your actions and their fight can get so harsh; they’d do everything. But when they’re sure you have no love for them, they make up their mind and leave, never to try again – if they’re not obsessed.”

“So, what should this tell me?” he said.

“It should tell you that, between me and your girlfriend, if you value me more and ignore every attempt your girlfriend makes to keep your heart to herself, they have every right to dump you, curse you and cheat on you.

“What gives you the right to judge them, me and the relationships and judge the girls right while I’m the one that was dumped?” he asked, putting his arms on his kneed ans looking at you, very much interested.

“Because I know a lot?” you shrugged.

“How can you know that much when you didn’t even have a relationship yourself?” he protested.

“You’d expect me to know, I’m training to be a psychologist here.” You rolled your eyes.

“Then you’re saying that if I can’t find a girl better than you, I can’t have a happy relationship?”

“Either that or a really brainless girl in love which I think have ceased to exist, yeah.” You nodded.

“I think you fail as a psychologist.” he said, wrying his face.

“Come in three years when I’ve actually got my master.”  you smirked, “Now help me up, selfish bastard.”

“Since I’m a selfish bastard, as you say, get up on your own.” he smirked evilly, standing up.

“You can’t leave a wounded lady on the floor like this or you’ll regret it when I take my revenge.” you said, reaching out your hand for him to hold and help you up. He ignored it.

“Why don’t you try bribing me or pampering me?” he laughed at you.

“Oh the prince charming, the caramel-cappuchino voiced, beautiful faced angel, help me up or I’ll drive a stake through your heart tomorrow morning!” you chanted. He laughed and pulled you up.

“I guess that’s enough for now.” he said as he helped you keep your balance, “But not enough for me to give you a piggyback ride.”

“Do that to your girlfriends, they’d love it.” you said. “And of course you’ll give me a ride home, right?”

“You’ll owe me a bottle of wine.”

“I’ll owe you nothing.” you laughed. “But I’ll be your match-maker for this once.”

“Right after I broke up with the previous one? Won’t you give me a little freedom, at least?” he rolled his eyes.

“Meh, I’m not doing anything if you really mean that. When you’re out of this freedom love, come to me. I have a brainless friend that might be the one for you.” you mocked.

“You should just go out with me instead.” he shook his head like you were hopeless. Jesus, you love teasing my dateless life, don’t you...

“Not in this lifetime, you selfish bastard.” you smirked as he half-carried you to the car, “Not unless I die and come back to life.”

Friends, you thought; you really wanted no more than this. Not from him. He wasn’t even your bias before you’d actually become one of them. He was just a biaswrecker. It never would have lasted. You now had your eyes on the person it should have been from the start.