Fallen Angel - part 6 - my POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

You had finally been able to take your annual leave.

You'd been wanting to for weeks now, since you found Eunhyuk; but you couldn't because you were short on staff at the work. You'd wanted to take care of him better. You didn't want to leave him alone at home all day and you didn't want to fall asleep from fatigue without being able to do nothing with him. So you were finally free. For approximately fourteen days. The best part of it was, you could see the happiness in his eyes when he heard that. It was slight, but it was there. Then he had gotten shy again. 

He was slowly mastering daily things. He still didn't like the taste of normal toothpastes, he brushed his teeth with strawberry-flavored ones that were for kids. You found it cute. You noticed he seemed to like strawberries; he liked drinking strawberry milk too. 

You got him to try ice cream after a while. He'd whined about how cold it was; but he didn't stop eating either. He seemed to like it too. You'd watched him eat the whole cup by himself, instead of eating along with him. He looked so cute, innocent and lovely. As always. 

Yes, you'd finally admitted to yourself that you might be in love with this heavenly being. You knew he was an angel before and now that he was on the earth, he was like a baby. You felt that it was wrong to have feelings for him. But your feelings were also really pure. You wanted to protect him from all harm. You wanted to protect and cherish the smile that he showed sometimes. You wanted to feel his warmth on your side when you were sleeping. You wanted to shower him in butterfly kisses and make him happy, forever. He was precious and pretty dangerously, he was starting to become your everything. 

The first day of your leave, you mostly chatted around in the house, relaxed and did the chores; all the while thinking hard on how to talk to him. He was reading, watching and learning. He was getting used to the world, to being a human. He was talking more with you. He was as ready as he could be. All you knew was that you couldn't delay it any longer. He couldn't learn from anywhere else, after all. So the next day after breakfast, as you sat in front of him on the table, you decided to start talking to him about it. 

"Eunhyuk..." you started gently. He raised his eyes with a silent question, his expression getting shadowed slightly when he saw your serious face. "I need to talk to you about something." you continued. 

"Yes?" he said, with the most neutral voice possible. You stayed quiet for a few seconds, thinking, then started talking.

"You remember that I told you every human has an identity registration at the government, right? Every baby is registered at birth, after they're named." you said. He knew these stuff, you'd been teaching him seriously. He nodded slowly. You took a deep breath and continued.

"But you don't have an ID. I can't keep you here like this forever. We'll need to get you registered soon." you added the last sentence quickly when you saw his face darken with hurt and sadness as he misunderstood what you were saying. It hurt you more when you saw him sad. You wanted to fight off everything that saddened him. 

"Okay..." he said quietly, bowing his head down again. You reached out and held his hand, making him start looking at you again. You sighed softly before you started again.

"However, there's a slight hassle about it. Because you're not a baby, you should have been registered already. Since you also don't have a memory of earth, I'm thinking it's the best for you to be registered as a lost person..." you said. That was the best way. He nodded slightly.

"I'll take you to the police, they'll search up about you and when they can't find anything, they'll have to give you an ID. But there's something about it that I need you to help with." you said.

"Of course." he said obediently. You forced yourself to keep looking at his chocolate eyes, scared of the sadness you might see there.

"You can't tell the reality to anyone. You can't tell anyone that you're a fallen angel." you said and carefully watched him. He reacted to hearing the word "fallen angel" pretty well; maybe he wasn't as fragile as you thought he was. He looked a little pained about the past; but he looked more confused than that. You started explaining. "In our world, people believe what is proven by science. Even if they see it with their eyes, they might not believe it's real unless it can be proven. So if you believe you've seen an angel, they'll tell you that you've hallucinated and will lock you in a hospital to treat you."

You squeezed his hand when you saw the fear forming in his eyes. You hadn't wanted that. You hadn't expected that. It was defiinitely not your intention. You continued quickly to wipe it away.

"But I don't want that to happen to you. I believe you, you know it. But for you to stay as a free man, you need to hide the reality from everyone else." you explained. He nodded softly after a while. You squeezed his hand again and reached out to cup his face in you hand.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you." you said, wishing with all your heart for it to be true, "I'll teach you everything that you should and shouldn't say or do. I won't take you to the police before that. Okay? You'll be safe. Trust me." 

He nodded softly again, after looking at you for a short while.

"The only thing you can never do is to talk about angels to anyone. You can't tell them that you were an angel. Okay? You can't tell anyone about it. Okay?" you said again, looking into his eyes. You could see the sadness that came over. You could have done anything to wipe it away; but for now, it wasn't something within your power. He nodded again and looked down; you did the only thing you could do to soothe him, you his hair until he felt better and raised his eyes back to look at you again. You smiled at him. 

"Do you trust me?" you asked with a gentle smile. He nodded, the corners of his lips moving upwards very slightly as he did you. You smiled even warmer. "Then don't worry. I will teach you everything to keep you safe. You have nothing to worry about. Okay?" you said.

"Okay." he said with a voice close to whisper. You hugged him. 

Actually, you knew that what he was troubled about wasn't being safe or staying with you. You wouldn't expect that either. He wasn't even that troubled about being a fallen angel; that wasn't it. But he had been an angel. And angels don't lie. It was supposed to be a sin. How do you get an angel to sin? How could it be fair? But an angel couldn't be locked in a mental institute either, that also wasn't fair. Thinking on it, maybe they could help him out more than you could; but you couldn't take it if he were taken away from you. You were being selfish about that, you admitted. But you knew he probably wouldn't like it there either. You didn't want Eunhyuk locked up with other crazy patients and under medication. He deserved better than that.

You watched TV and played children's games with him all day after that. When he forgot about the conversation you had, he mostly went back to normal. You were relieved that he'd gotten through the first part so smoothly. You didn't start teaching him about what he had to do that day, cutting you both some slack. You were aware that you should take it slow with him. You were being cautious and careful.

The next day passed pretty peacefully, except Eunhyuk ripping a shirt by mistake as he tried to wear it. It reminded you that you should go for another shopping session for him too. You didn't wanna take him with you, you weren't exactly happy with him getting seen by too many people before he got his ID and freedom. 

In the evening, you decided to introduce him to movies. You started by a light romantic comedy. You made tea and popcorn and sat right next to him as you watched the movie. You glanced at him from the corner of your eye every once in a while; but he seemed pretty interested in the movie. He even smiled twice. You were satisfied that he was enjoying himself; you kept watching the movie even more happily. 

As the movie got closer to its end and the romantic scenes were getting so fluffy and heartwarming with the gentle loving kiss of confession, you felt his breath on your cheek. When you turned your head to him, wondering if he wanted to say something, you saw him inches away from your face. His eyes were staring right into yours, still innocent as a baby, as he closed the distance slowly. You were too shocked to move; but even if you weren't, you wouldn't have moved an inch. He slowly pressed his lips onto yours, his eyes closing, in an innocent kiss. You pluckered your lips though you couldn't bring yourself to close your eyes; his expression was too precious to miss. He pulled back after a short while, his eyes reopening to stare into yours again, with a sweet blush spreading on his cheeks. You were sure you were blushing too, just as he was. 

"They do it a lot so... I wanted to try..." he mumbled, getting shy and looking everywhere but you, before fear suddenly took over. He scooted away from you on the couch and curled up in a ball, his head hanging low and hiding his face from you, his hand clutching on his chest. You instantly moved closer to him in worry. 

"Eunhyuk, are you okay? What happened?" you asked, worriedly.

"It happened again... I fell because of this..." he said, almost whimpered, in a scared voice. Unable to understand the situation properly, you felt the need to ask.

"You fell because you kissed someone?" you asked, in a gentle and comforting voice. 

"No- no-" he gritted his teeth and grasped your wrist - you realized at that moment exactly how strong he was - and put your hand on his chest, right above his heart. Ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump... you could feel his hearbeats in your palm. It was beating like crazy. He raised his head and looked at you with scared, almost pleading eyes. 

"This." he said, trembling slightly, tears about to fall from his eyes. "It was because of this that I was punished- this was happened and I fell- now it's happening again- I- I don't want-" 

He couldn't put words together, you realized. He was so scared, it brought tears to your eyes. You sighed and hugged him, leaned his head on your chest, and started his hair soothingly.

"Sshh, it's okay. Nothing bad will happen. It's okay." you soothed him as much as you could.

"Father called it love," he sobbed in your chest, lightly holding onto your shirt, "I fell because of love... I'm scared..."

"Shh, you don't need to be scared. You're a human now. It's not bad to love here. In here, love is the most beautiful feeling. You won't be punished because you love. You will be rewarded for it. It's good here. You have nothing to be scared of. It's okay." you said gently, soothing him as much as you could, as your brain tried to process the information it had just received.

He had fallen because he loved you.

He loved you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey there, people; it's Poison here! >w<

it's been a little long since i last updated, i know; but i've been kinda busy with... stuff... and sorta ran out of sweet ideas for this fic too. luckily, i remembered the idea my roomie gave me so it was okay. actually, i'm trying to end this fic; but i dunno what to do. i've been requested to turn it into sweet- before i end it; but then it'll be so long! seriously, i don't know. i'll see how it goes.

thank you all again for the sweet comments and subscriptions. i wanted to let you know that i appreciate every single of them and WOW I HAVE MORE THAN 50 SUBSCRİBERS!! O_O i would have never expected that, haha! xD so thank you all, again! :D 

i'll try to update soon. please keep up the comments and i'll appreciate ideas on what you wanna see from Angel Hyuk, so maybe i can blend it into the story on the way. also because COMMENTS ARE LOVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! >w< haha, this one never gets old :D

hope you enjoyed the chapter. take care, people! ^w^