Happy Anniversary - Birthday Special - your POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

 

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!! Happy birthday dear Yoo Jin; happy birthday to youuu~~ Now, make a wish?"
 
"I wish dad would stay with us more!"
 
"Haha, honey you shouldn't voice your wish or it won't come true!"
 
"Then... dad won't stay with us anymore, because I said it?"
 
"No baby; just make another wish."
 
"Oookaaay..." she clamped her tiny hands in front of her face and closed her eyes seriously. Then opened them and, puffing her cheeks and pluckering her lips, she blowed the four candles that were on her strawberry cake at once. We clapped furiously, she turned and gave us the cutest smile ever. I pinched her cheeks and cuddled her.
 
"Happy birthday, my little goldfish!!" I chuckled, squeezing her in my arms until Donghae was finally done with the camera and stole her out of my arms, started twirling her around in the air, making her chuckle and squeal. The sight made me smile, as always. He was such a loving father. 
 
"Kids, now mommy will go get the cutter!" I said and quickly headed towards the kitchen. Of course I hadn't brought a giant knife to the living room where a four years old kid was present! That would be downright retarded. When I returned, I found Donghae sitting in front of the table with Yoo Jin in his lap, playing a weird game with her. 
 
"Now, time to cut the cake!" I chirped, both their heads turned to me. Aww, my little daughter had taken her smile from his dad! Two together were so cute that it was painful. I quickly went next to them, Yoo Jin eagerly held out her hands. I carefully handed her the knife, holding the giant thing myself to guide her movements.
 
"Donghae, get the camera." I said. He put her on her feet on the chair and stood up to be able to take pictures. We cut the cake together with Yoo Jin as Donghae took the weirdest shots of us. Then we switched places and I took pictures of them poking each others' noses with the icing of the cake and feeding each other strawberries. Then they exchanged glances and nodded, counted to three. At three they turned at me and started singing loudly.
 
"Happy birthday to youuu!!!  Happy birthday tooo youuuu!!! Happy birthday, dear mommy; happy birthday too youuuu!!!" 
 
"Aish- aigoo, kids! That's so sweet of you!" I said, blushing with happiness. They grinned cutely at me, I captured the moment too. That was gonna be on my desk soon, yes it was. 
 
"I wanted to give you present! But teacher took it from me!" Yoo Jin pouted.
 
"The teacher? Why?" Donghae pouted back at her, I almost chuckled. 
 
"Because it was good! Teacher said she'll put it up on the wall!" Yoo Jin beamed, then pouted back, "But it was mom's present..."
 
"Aww, don't worry about it honey!" I hugged her, "You can give it to me when you get it back!"
 
"Yeah! Why don't you sing mom the song you prepared, for now?" Donghae said. I looked at him surprisedly, then back at Yoo Jin.
 
"You prepared a song for me, baby?" I asked. She nodded happily.
 
"I made it up! Listen well, mommy!!" she said, then straightened her back and raised her head as a pretty serious expression took over her eyes. This girl was really...
 
"My mom is the best of all
She will catch me when I fall
And she gives me strawberries
And hug me until I'm asleep!
She makes me happy when I cry
I wish she would always smile
Even Teddy thinks that way
My mom is the best of all!!"
 
She finished her made-up song with a high pitched yell that sounded really hyper. Even the melody of the thing was four years old and cute, bringing tears to my eyes. I hugged her with a big "aww" as Donghae clapped and cheered like a fanboy.
 
"Baby, that's so beautiful, thank you so much!!" I said. She laughed cheerfully. 
 
"I'm gonna be like Hyorin when I grow up!!" she chirped.
 
"You're gonna be far better!" Donghae chuckled. 
 
"Yep! But mom!" she turned to me with a curious face. Here comes. "Why are our birthdays the same?"
 
I knew it. 
 
"Because you wanted it that way, honey." I smiled, "You decided to be born on my birthday."
 
"I did?" she looked puzzled, "I don't remember."
 
"You were really small back then." I said. Yeah, she was so small that I thought it wasn't normal. My belly had swollen so much that I thought she would be three times bigger than that. I was freaking out until the doctor told me otherwise.
 
"How was I born, mom?" she asked. You came out ripping my with a lot of blood; and you chose my birthday to do it. I smiled sweetly.
 
"You came out of mom's tummy, honey." I said.
 
"How did I get in there?" she said, looking at my tummy with doubt. 
 
"Dad put you in there!" Donghae beamed proudly, making me chuckle. 
 
"Dad did? How?" she asked, turning her doubtful glare to Donghae. 
 
"With love." he winked. "But you're forgetting your present!" he suddenly said, pretend-angry, succesfully taking her attention away. As I watched her wrestle with the wrapping to open her present, my mind drifted away, to exactly four years ago...
 
"Oh my gosh; Donghae; this is beautiful!"
 
"I know; right? It'll suit my girl just right." he kissed my belly; he was sitting beside me on the comfy couch I'd bought after the fifth month of my pregnancy.
 
"But that's not a present for me? That's a- OUCH!" I frowned at the cramp. This was the third time today.
 
"Haera? Are you okay?" he kneeled before me and put his hands on my knees worriedly.
 
"Yeah, just the usual." I sighed, "Really, this girl is such a spoiler."
 
"Aww, don't talk of our Yoo Jin like that!" he pouted and started my giant belly, "Don't worry, baby, she doesn't mean it that-"
 
"Oowww..." I moaned at the idiotic cramp, making him look at me with doubt.
 
"Haera, are you sure you're okay?"
 
"Yes, I'm fine! We have about two weeks until the delivery, remember?" I smiled and touched his cheek, "Our girl is just having her- OWW!!"
 
"Haera, I'm really starting to think this isn't just the usual cramps." he said, tensing up. 
 
"You know, I'm starting to get suspicious too," I said, putting my hands on my belly, "But there's still time, I'm so not sure. I'm not an expert."
 
"I told you we shouldn't send your mom away.. " he sighed.
 
"I told you it's my birthday and I don't want to spend all the day with a mom-husband-house ." I said, then moaned lightly with another weaker cramp, "I wanted some time alone with you too."
 
"I wouldn't mind, she's your mom. And the date's really close." he said.
 
"Donghae, we talked about this before." I said with a warning tone. He puffed, but didn't say anything about it again.
 
"How are you feeling?" he asked.
 
"My back hurts, and- ouch- these cramps..."
 
"That's it, we're leaving now." he said, jumping to his feet in an instant and leaving the room hurriedly. I only had a few seconds to wonder what he was up to until I saw him with my coat in his hands, his coat already on him. 
 
"Donghae-"
 
"Hush! Even if it's false alarm it'll be a check up! Come; up you go!" he pulled me up to my feet gently and helped put on my coat. Then I suddenly had another cramp that made me almost scream out and fall down if it wasn't for Donghae who held me on my feet. 
 
"I suddenly believe it's not false alarm." he murmured and hurried towards the door. We slipped on our shoes, went down with the elevator and went into the car that was parked really close to the elevator. Donghae was half-carrying me all this time, I could say I was grateful for I'd have fallen a thousand times if it wasn't for him. When we were in he threw me a very worried glance and started driving full-speed towards the hospital.
 
"SLOW DOWN BEFORE YOU KILL US!!" I screamed when we got into the traffic; but his expression was determined and concentrated.
 
"Just trust me!" he said.
 
"IT'S NOT THAT URGENT, IDIOT!! THE CRAMPS JUST STARTED!!" I screamed in an even more high-pitched voice; but he didn't seem to listen to me.
 
"We're almost there!" he simply replied. I murmured curses and swears at him under my breath; he really was making it seem a lot more scary than it was. He just HAD to panic, didn't he! 
 
When we arrived the hospital, they accepted me in with a wheeled bed. The doctor came to check on me soon after; but as he did the examination, his expression changed drastically.
 
"The cervix is already dilated enough; get her to the delivery room." he said, hurrying out. I looked at Donghae in shock, saw my expression reflected in his eyes. I thought I'd have to labor for hours; how was this even possible?! People with green scrubs gathered around me and drove my wheeled bed to the delivery room. I faintly heard someone say the husband could wait outside or be present inside. As another awful cramp hit me, I gathered all my breath and screamed at the top of my lungs: "LEE DONGHAE; IF YOU DARE HAPPILY STAY OUTSIDE WHILE I EXPERIENCE HELL I SWEAR I WILL ING MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP, DO YOU HEAR ME?!"  
 
"I'm here, love; don't worry." he said, running in along with the other figures in green. Now he was also in green, though. I rolled my eyes at him and the panic in his face. The figures in green brought me to the delivery room where the doctor was present. He examined me again as Donghae came and held my hand. When another cramp hit me, I almost screamed and squeezed his hand. He yelped. 
 
"Okay. Now when I tell you to push, take a deep breath and strain." the doctor said, "Now breathe."
 
I breathed with the technique we learned at the classes. When the cramps hit me again, though, I moaned loudly and squeezed Donghae's hand again. He put his other hand on mine too. 
 
"Breathe, love. Breathe." he said, panting himself and looking freaked out, getting on my nerves. 
 
"YOU DO THAT WHEN YOUR IS RIPPING IN TWO, AND THEN I'LL BREATHE!!" I yelled, heard the doctor chuckle quietly. Great, now we were the laughingstock of the hospital. But as another cramp threatened to literally rip me in two, I couldn't care less.
 
"AHH, THIS IS NOT FAIR!! YOU PUT THIS THING INSIDE ME DIDN'T YOUU!!" I screamed out. Donghae didn't literally answer; but I heard him muttering to himself.
 
"You weren't complaining as I did so, though..."
 
"LEE DONGHAEEEEE!!!! Do I look like I ING CARE TO YOU RIGHT NOW?!?!" I yelled. 
 
"Now push." I heard the doctor say through the pain. I held my breath and pushed; but then it turned into a rough scream as I swear my hips split in two. I panted afterwards.
 
"Oh god- God I'm coming to you- hah- I'm coming to you-" I chanted as I tried to concentrate on the real world; but another pain did the job for me. I lost track of my breathing as I gasped and moaned. 
 
"Breathe, love. Breathe." Donghae said, demonstrating the way I should breathe. As I tried to breathe the way he instructed, I half-yelled half-growled, my eyes focused on nothing. 
 
"Just you wait until we get back home. I'll rip your in two with a plastic infant until you bleed buckets, then see if you can breathe- breathe my - you ing hypocrite- see if I ever pay attention when you say you're sore- goddammit-" 
 
"Now push again." I heard the doctor say after a while. I took another deep breath and pushed again, screaming out at the end again: "AAAAAH DONGHAE I'M GONNA KILL YOUU!!"
 
"Yes, love, yes you're gonna kill me. Just breathe." Donghae said, making me glare at him. He looked totally freaked out. I was sure his hand would need medical attention too, after all this. Serves him right. 
 
"The head is almost out. Push again." the doctor said. I took another deep breath and pushed hard, believing I would die soon, screaming with a hoarse voice, wondering if I'd ever see the light again...
 
"Mom, thanks so much!!"
 
I looked at Yoo Jin, hugging her mermaid plushie and smiling brightly at me. I smiled back at her, returning to the world. 
 
"I'm glad you like her. Take good care of her, okay?" I said. 
 
"Yes, mommy! I'll cherish it!" she beamed. 
 
"But, what will you name her?" Donghae asked, succesfully stealing her attention. 
 
"I'll name her Sunny!" she smiled.
 
"Haha, my girl is such a fangirl!" Donghae scooped her up in his arms and raised her up, then brought her to his face level and kissed her chubby baby cheeks. Watching them together was so heart-warming. Donghae sat Yoo Jin on his arm and poked her nose with his. "Should we go play together? Then we can eat your cake."
 
"Un!" Yoo Jin nodded. I knew she wanted to eat cake; but she could never say no to her father, just like he couldn't ever say no to her. Donghae slipped his hand into mine lovingly and smiled at me. 
 
"Let's play tag." he winked at me. I sighed and shook my head as he pulled me towards the living room. Good thing I removed every breakable thing beforehand.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAERA!! >w< here's the fanfic you requested for your birthday. i personally find this hilarious. wonder what you'll feel like.
 
hey, people! sorry for not updating for so long; i had an awful writers block. i'm still feeling the effects of it; but i think i'm just a tad bit better now. 
 
hope you liked this chapter! please do comment cuz COMMENTS ARE LOVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! xD
 
and, i didn't edit, by the way. tell me if i have a mistake. thanks again. 
 
take care! ^w^