Expectations- my POV

Short Stories - Starring: You

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, wouldn't that be cool as ?" 

"I totally agree, he should suffer. Suuufffer as much as you can make- Haera, I'm never gonna forgive you if you ever forgive him without making him suffer."

"It's not even certain what he's gonna say!"

"Come on! After everything, he comes to apologise. What else would he have to say? Of course he wants you back!" 

"I don't think he'll ask for that, Yeollie..." 

"I think so. Just make him suffer after all that he's done. Don't let him off so easily."

"You think so?"

"I know so. I just wanna murder him to be honest; but I'll have to do with watching you torture him, please."

I watched the conversation between my two best friends go more and more heated in amusement. I had no idea when things had come to this. Our friendship was a very calm, peaceful and almost boring one for so long, I thought it would go that way forever. And things were going so... interesting now. I liked to stand by and just watch as things happened; I couldn't bring myself to pick sides. It was just so complicated and as a person who knew almost nothing about this weird feeling called "love", I was surprised by every single thing that happened. Thinking back, it was quite a mess...

***About a Year Ago***

"Haera, are you not gonna come with us??" 

"Mehh, I'm tired..."

"Come ooon, it will be fun!" I watched as Gain pulled on Haera's arm, trying to make her get up from her messy bed. I always wondered how she didn't lose her own self in that hell of a mess. 

"Ehh fine, stop pulling you'll dislocate my arm!" Haera whined as she got off of her bed. We were going bowling with some friends we - well I - just met, from school. Gain knew them for quite a while now and she knew they were fun to hang with. And to be honest, our life was too freking boring to refuse an offer like that. 

"Hurry up, they'll be here in about fifteen minutes. I'll try to stall them." Gain said as she took her phone to text somebody I had no idea who. Haera would probably take about half an hour to get ready. We were ready, so all that was left was to wait for her. She had been procrastinating all the while because supposedly she didn't feel like going out. She had always been lazy. I had no idea how she could still stay that slim and tiny without ever moving her cute little . 

I sat on the bed, watched Haera walk here and there in the room as Gain kept going in and out of the room they shared, texting and calling people. If it wasn't for her scarlet short haircut, you could think she was some kind of busy business woman. She was wearing stuff quite the rocker style, that also pretevented anyone from thinking something serious about her, actually.

Thinking about it, Gain and Haera had nothing in common, at all. It was almost impossible to comprehend how they had stayed roommates all these years. Even in the looks, they were total opposites. Gain was tall and slim, she had broad shoulders and small s, tall legs and wide hips; while Haera was short, tiny, petite and had a very feminine look with an almost perfect hourglass shape. Gain had darker skin with dark brown eyes, Haera had basically ivory skin with bright, blue eyes. Gain dyed her very short, anime style curly hair a deep scarlet while Haera had her blonde, straight hair down to her . In personality, they were also quite different. Gain was quite obsessive while Haera was extremely careless and laid back. Gain spoke a lot, Haera was more silent compared to her. Gain was overly emotional, Haera was more of a girl of logic. Gain wouldn't mind doing stuff that had to be done, Haera was lazy about anything and everything. They often had massive fights over Haera's laziness and devil-may-care attitude. Still, they had similar taste in clothes, friends, TV dramas, gossip... and men, if you asked me. They always liked the same idol from every group, gossiped about same handsome guy in this other class, spazzed over the same guy walking past them. Somehow, they managed to get along. 

"Aren't you leaving?" Jiyeol stuck her head in the room. 

"We're waiting for Haera." I said. She nodded understandingly and went back to our room. Jiyeon was my roommate; I really loved staying with her. She was one of the few things that made this dorm bearable. Our rooms were for two people each, we picked our own roommates. I didn't think I could live in the same room as Haera or Gain, ever. 

"Haera, aren't you ready?" Gain came back into the room again, from talking to someone outside. 

"Almost." Haera replied, doing the final touches to her makeup. 

"Good, they're getting really impatient. You better hurry." Gain said for the hundredth time, putting her lipstick in her bag. 

"Well you didn't have to wait for me!" Haera ed. I caught Gain's eyes and we both rolled eyes behind Haera. She was always like this, if you got on her nerve, she would at you. Honestly, I was used to it. It wasn't that easy to get on Haera's nerves; but Gain always managed to do so. Gain could get on anyone's nerves by her excessive talking, to be honest. Sometimes I even wondered if her jaw never got tired. 

After about half an hour, just as I predicted, we were walking down the stairs of the dorm hurriedly. Three guys, three girls; it almost sounded like a triple date to me, to be honest. Although Gain knew all of them from before, we had just met them once and now we were gonna go bowling. Maybe it was because I never quite had any friendly activity with boys involved before... alright, I have to admit, I had always been asocial before I had Gain and Haera as friends. I would watch anime and read manga, spazz over all the shojo in there. Now, I was starting to become more like a normal girl and hopefully getting a big, fun friend group. Though somehow, I had a feeling this group would be more than just that. 

"Finally!" I heard someone say when we were finally down. Gain waved to the guys waiting for us down at the entrance of the dorm. They all waved us to hurry, so we picked up our pace. 

"We thought you'd never come, for a second there." Kyuhyun said as we went next to them. Sungmin next to him nodded.

"Yeah, why were you so late?" he whined. From what Gain always told me, I knew that Sungmin and Kyuhyun were almost like twins, doing everything together. And they were both single. Enough for me to ship them; but of course I would never tell anybody. 

"Well, stuff came up. We're here after all, right?" Gain said quickly with a bright smile, then continued without letting them comment, "By the way, how are we going there? Bus? I remember you saying we have a car?"

"My car, yeah." Donghae, who had been silently watching, spoke. He had a beautiful smile and a beautiful voice, I had a feeling anyone would be attracted to him if he wanted them to. I could say Sungmin and Kyuhyun was pretty friendly; but this Donghae had a flirtatious aura to him. I had noticed yesterday too, when we first met. About Donghae, Gain didn't know anything more than we did; because although she were friends with Kyuhyun and Sungmin from before, she had met Donghae just yesterday, 14th January.

"Well then, let's get going." Gain smiled and started leading the way to the parking lot. "By the way which bowling place are we going?" she asked. They started discussing where to go; but I had no idea what places they were talking about. I had never played bowling before, I just followed them quietly from behind. I was always like this; kind of a neutral element. Nobody would probably notice I was gone. It was something I still couldn't change, from my asocial days. 

We were six people, and the car was for five people; but we didn't care. Donghae was driving and Kyuhyun took the front seat; the rest of us just jammed our butts into the backseat. The radio was on all the way. I wasn't used to listening to new songs; but these songs were good, really. I really liked One More Night by Maroon 5. Soon enough we were singing our way down the road. 

It didn't take long to arrive the giant shopping center. I didn't know the way, our gentlemen led the way to the game place. It was quite wide, there was a bowling place and billard tables in the center; also air hockey tables and race games. I was 21 years old and it was my first time coming to a place like this. I really felt like I was missing a lot from life. It looked fun and everyone that was playing looked so cool... and I didn't even know how to handle the ball. Apparently, though, none of us was as great as I'd thought. When we took our place, I saw only Donghae knew how to play and even he wasn't that good. He showed us how to play and the rest was to discover by ourselves. It was better than I'd thought. When our time was up, we didn't want to stop. 

"How about billard next?" Donghae asked. I looked at Haera and Gain, uncertain.

"We can play, though I'm not that well." Haera shrugged. 

"I never played before, actually." Gain said. 

"Me too." I nodded. 

"Neither did we." Kyuhyun and Sungmin nodded. So it wasn't just me who knew nothing. 

"I can teach?" Donghae offered, "It's not that hard. Come on, it'll be fun!!" he urged. 

I had to say, It was just as fun as he had said it would be. Since Haera and Donghae knew how to play, they were in the opposite teams and we decided to split the groups to genders; girls against guys. Donghae taught everyone who didn't know how to play, he even kept showing us the best angle to hit every time and weirdly enough, our team won. When we changed groups, it was Haera, Gain and Kyuhyun against Donghae, Sungmin and me. Again, we won. Haera was apparently much better than she said she was at billard, amazing even; but it had to be my luck, the team I was in kept getting the wins, though I never got any lucky shots or got any ball in the holes. When we were finally done, it was already time for the game center to close.

"Hey. Let's go to a bar." Kyuhyun said suddenly as we were getting out.

"What? Bar, where?" Gain asked.

"Anywhere! I know a good place and well, it's a weekday, it wouldn't even be crowded. Come on, who's up for it?" he said. Sungmin was more than ready to jump in. 

"I'm up for anything." I said without thinking, the day was going much better than I thought it would. 

"Yeah, it would be fun." Gain beamed. 

"We're going, then?" Donghae said, more than ready for it. We all nodded. There was nothing to discuss; we were going to have fun and that was the end. We again got in the car, Donghae drove to the bar Kyuhyun suggested and soon after, we were inside, trying to choose what to drink. 

"I don't drink, I just want some water actually." Donghae said.

"Really? Come on, just a bit?" Haera said, not quite believing he didn't drink.

"No, I'm gonna drive too, remember?" Donghae said.

"One beer?" Haera said. Donghae shook his head.

"I don't drink. Well I don't need to drink, I can have fun without it." he winked then started dancing as if to prove it. The music was loud and energetic, almost everyone in the bar was dancing this late in the night; it wasn't hard to blend in. I wasn't used to dancing much; but with a little alcohol - I could never drink a lot - to get over my shyness, I was dancing around like a happy monkey. No, I'm quite sure I looked like a monkey, no matter what Haera and Gain said about my dancing. 

All night, though, it was me, Gain, Kyuhyun and Sungmin dancing. When the music slowed down, Gain pushed me to slowdance with Sungmin, which looked quite awkward I'm pretty sure, as her and Kyuhyun watched and laughed at us. Talk about evil friends. All night, I didn't see Haera and Donghae around. Whenever I looked, they were dancing too.... close... for my tastes. If I didn't know better, I could think Haera was some kind of ty girl who just wanted to sleep with Donghae. Gain, though, didn't seem to care. She knew more about human relationships than I did, so if she didn't say anything, I was probably being too old fashioned. And drunk. I was quite sure that I was drunk. So drunk that I felt like I needed a breather. 

I walked out and sat on a lonely couch, away from the booming music. I wasn't used to alcohol. It made me feel like I was car sick after a while and I wasn't even drunk enough to lose my balance, I could still walk my way outside without having to hold onto anything. I closed my eyes and waited for the time my friends would also get tired... but they didn't. Instead, Gain came out to drag me back inside and if it wasn't for her, I'd have missed all the fun. 

"What the actual ?" I laughed as I watched the view. It was Kyuhyun, Donghae and Sungmin, on the railing that seperated the seats and dance floor, holding onto the ceiling and ydancing to no end. Sungmin had lost it and was moving like a snake, Kyuhyun was dancing happily, failing at y dance much and then there was Donghae, sending winks and playful smirks around, shooting sneakpeeks at his stomach, pulling up his shirt every now and then. I was so. Damn. Amused.

"Quick, Gain, phone. Phone!" I said. 

"What?" Gain called back, without taking her eyes off of the guys. Well I couldn't blame her, to be honest.

"I need proof of this. Pictures." I said. Gain burst out laughing.

"We sould show them later when they're sober!" she chirped and took out her phone, started taking pictures. Well as much as I knew, none of the guys had drunk enough not to be sober right now; but I didn't comment. I knew that the pictures wouldn't turn out quite clear because the place was too dark; but at least there would be proof. Proof of Donghae's flashing stomach, Sungmin's snake-like moves and the gay boy we didn't know winking and blowing kisses at him from the dance floor, Kyuhyun's inviting us up... though in the end I couldn't resist. After about ten minutes, I was also up there, dancing with them. It took the music to go slow and romantic for us to get down from there. When we finally got out from the bar, we had all agreed that we should do this again. 

When we were out, though, we were all hungry. It didn't take us long to decide to go eat some chicken feet. I was feeling slightly dizzy, clinging onto Gain's arm and walking ahead to the place when I heard an almost scream. I turned around, though I couldn't quite make out the scene as Gain walked worriedly to Haera. There was a car, Haera was standing next to its rear and holding her waist, Sungmin was supporting her while Donghae basically was looking for a fight with the driver, with Kyuhyun holding him back. I felt quite stupid. 

"What happened?" I walked to Haera, cluelessly. In the meantime, Donghae had started yelling. 

"I could call the cops, you know! If you're gonna drive you don't ing drink!" I heard him yell. I heard the driver mumble but I couldn't quite make out what.

"Calm down, Hae." I heard Kyuhyun say. Gain was still checking on Haera worriedly. I looked to Haera as she finally realised nobody would answer me if she didn't.

"Nothing much just- the car sorta poked me a little." she said, but her face said it wasn't just a poke. I went next to her.

"Are you sure? You don't look that well." I said; but she stopped me with her hand, looking to Donghae. He was finally calming down and the driver slowly drove away; but Donghae still looked very annoyed. When the car left, he walked to Haera instantly.

"Are you alright?" he said. Haera nodded.

"I'm fine, it just sorta poked me; though I felt like all my internals jumped from their place." she said sarcastically, looking at the car still trying to drive away without making more trouble. Donghae rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, what does that ing bastard think? Should I call the cops, really? Did any of you took the license plate number?" Donghae asked. 

"Nope; it went away Hae don't bother now. Let's go eat, yeah?" Kyuhyun said. Sungmin and Gain nodded. 

"Yeah, let's not ruin our night." Gain chirped. Donghae sighed. 

"Yeah, you're right." he smiled then, "Let's go, what are we waiting for?" he said and went to support Haera as we walked; she was wearing high heels and just had been "poked" by a car. And honestly, I couldn't help but notice whenever Donghae wanted, the mood changed to happy with no problem. Maybe it was just me. 

We went to the food place. Haera and me shared a plate of chicken feet. I don't quite remember everything that we talked about there, I was far too focused on my food to care, to be honest. After that, we needed to go back to our dorm. We were far past the curfew; but well, nobody really cared about curfew in our dorm and we counted on that. 

"My feet huurrt!" Haera whined as we walked to the taxi rank. It wasn't so far away; but Haera had been complaining since she stood up. It was no wonder with the heels she was wearing actually; but she usually wouldn't complain.

"Well I can carry you if you want?" Donghae joked. Haera laughed.

"No you can't." she said. Donghae's brows raised. 

"You think I can't?" he said. Haera nodded.

"Yeah, you can't."  she said. I personally tought he couldn't as well, not because he was weak, no, with those... arms, though i have a hard time defining them simply as arms... he definitely could carry a tiny girl like Haera anywhere anytime; but we were in the middle of the street walking down. The glint in his eyes were creepy though. And a second later, he had swept Haera's feet off the ground, making her squeak like a squirrel. 

"What are you even-" she laughed as she held onto him not to fall.

"So can I carry you or not?" Donghae said with the same playful glint in his eyes. All four of us were staring at the two amusedly.

"Yeah, you can, let me goo!" Haera said, laughing. Donghae didn't care.

"Your feet ache, no? I can carry you, it's not that far." he said nonchalantly. Haera shook her head.

"Well better for me, I'm not gonna complain." she said as she got comfortable in Donghae's arms. They were right in front of me as we walked. Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Gain were chatting; but I was simply wondering if this was how friends would be. I wasn't sure, I'd never had male friends close like this; but I wasn't sure this was just simple friendship as well. I again looked to Gain, she seemed quite normal. So this had to be how close friends would be like. I didn't know when Haera and Donghae had become that close of friends; but I decided not to question it. People had alcohol in their blood after all and if I knew anything, it was that alcohol blurred out all the limits.

Then again, even with the alcohol in my blood, I knew that this whole group we had today had a perfect vibe. If everything went good enough, I had a feeling that this could be my new family. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

good enough... when has things gone that way? haha, hi people, poison here!

i must say, this is a real story made into fanfic. the reason why I chose kyumin and hae for the male leads... well, because I love Suju and Hae really is a lot like Hae in many ways. Hopeless romantic and, haha, the arms parts is very true in real life too... welp.

ALSO. the main girls, none of them are famous idols. They're all OC's. and the story IS told from my point of view. It's just the most complicated story in my life, I had to write it down. I did edit in and out stuff of course, this is from a year ago, there are stuff I don't remember... I remember the date because, well, we celebrated that day every month until summer break xD

but! hope you like what you read :D

please do comment, thank you <3