Improvise - my POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

"I love you." Kyuhyun said, holding Sungmin's hands gently, looking directly into his eyes. His words were heartfelt, his voice was like velvet. "I didn't believe in destiny anymore, until I saw your face And the time stopped. Ever since the first time I saw you, I knew nothing would be the same. My heart already belongs to you. I love you." 

A soft blush spreaded on Sungmin's cheeks as a small smile formed on his cute lips. Then he erased it immediately.

"How can I believe you?" he said.

"Huh?" Kyuhyun stood dumbfounded, totally frozen.

"As I said, how can I believe you?" Sungmin repeated himself. Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin's hands hastily.

"Aish, you aren't supposed to say that! My speech was perfect!!" he scolded the smaller man annoyedly, hands on his hips. 

"You never know how the person's gonna react. You should have expected this." Sungmin said, looking pretty serious yet teasing.

"Ah, hyung!!" Kyuhyun scolded again, in his 'don't mess with me' tone that Sungmin was accustomed to. 

"What should I have said, then?" Sungmin said, crossing his arms. 

"Something more encouraging, maybe?" Kyuhyun suggested, "Do you know how hard it is to confess like that without feeling too gay and not stop?" 

"Hey, don't complain! You're the one that asked for my help, remember?" Sungmin went and sat on his bed, crossing his legs.

"Aish, maybe I should just have asked Donghae hyung for help, at least he wouldn't laugh at me." Kyuhyun grouched quietly as he plopped down on his ottoman and pulling his laptop on his lap. 

"Hey! I might not be the bestest teacher - which I strongly believe I am - but you aren't the best student either!" Sungmin snapped, "It's a mircale you actually managed that out! Okay, well done! Are you happy? And what the heck do you think you're doing with that, hm?" 

"Yah!! Hyung!!" Kyu yelled when Sungmin suddenly closed the lid of the laptop - he hadn't noticed the elder coming close, too concentrated on the fresh news about his games. 

"You're not done! Do you wanna screw it up?" Sungmin said, pulling the laptop off of Kyuhyun's lap and placing it on Kyuhyun's bed. 

"I won't, okay? I'll improvise!" Kyuhyun breathed. He was tired of this, he'd been practicing with Sungmin for about an hour and more than half of it had passed by him trying to get over the awkwardness he felt. And Sungmin wasn't helping at all. He'd dressed in his most feminine clothing and pulled his orange hair to the sides in tiny pigtails - which made things all the more absurd instead of helping. 

"Sure you won't regret? If you lose her, I'm not letting you cry on my shoulder." Sungmin threatened. 

"I won't cry, dammit! It was a bad idea from the start!" Kyuhyun said annoyedly and shifted on his ottoman to reach his laptop. 

"When is your date anyways?" Sungmin said, pulling the black elastic bands off and fixing his hair back into its original state. 

"At night... 8 pm." Kyuhyun said, opening his laptop again. Sungmin checked his watch before starting to change into his pajamas. 

"Are you sure you don't wanna start preparing? You might be late?" Sungmin warned him. It was still 6 pm; but for safety purposes, Kyuhyun and his date weren't meeting anywhere close to city center. 

"I wouldn't be... or... should I go early..." Kyuhyun mused, his hands freezing on the keyboard. Sungmin sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Of course! She should find you waiting! It always looks better - with non-cute types like you anyways." Sungmin stated.

"Aren't girls always late anyways? You always say so. Wouldn't it be okay just to go on time?" Kyuhyun mused again, looking at Sungmin but not exactly seeing him.

"Well, you're Cho Kyuhyun." Sungmin shrugged.

"Huh?" Kyuhyun said, not understanding what he meant.

"I mean, you're a famous handsome idol and this'll be the first time you'll meet her after that failure of confession of yours. She might be a little eager." Sungmin explained.

"Oh."

Kyuhyun closed his laptop in seconds and moved up from his ottoman. Sungmin watched his eagerness - it wasn't always you saw Cho Kyuhyun like this. Then again, he'd always known Mr. Gamer would be a helpless romantic if it ever came to true love. So he just left the room quietly, leaving Kyuhyun alone so he could get ready in peace, to make himself comfortable on the sofa and watch some TV. 

     000     

You dug through your wardrobe to find something good to wear. Classic jeans and tops wouldn't be okay, you threw them back, towards your bed, not taking your head out of your wardrobe. Alright, you almost always wore those; but today wasn't just any day. You took out a dark blue dress with a few tiny shining stars on the ends of its skirt.... no. Not that either. You threw it on your bed too. You pulled out black skinny jeans... no, you weren't in your black mood either. Oh, wait! Which shoe would you pick? Heels? Flat boots? Sneakers? Oh, no, this was getting out of control.

You tried to push back your urge to ruffle your hair and scratch your head wildly. You had just fixed it right, you couldn't let it get messed up. You took a deep breath, you couldn't let stress take over. You decided to go with your natural costume, just a little cuter. After all, this wasn't exactly a date. He hadn't asked you out yet. Well, technically he had; but not that way. He hadn't confessed to you properly. 

You had been pretty close with him ever since you first introduced yourself to all your seniors in showbiz as a new trainee. Of course you weren't gonna be trained by them; but since you were in the same company, you met them and officially greeted them. Most of them were gentle and supportive; but Super Junior had especially proved to be very friendly. They had chatted with you a long time and encouraged you before they had to leave for their jobs. Cho Kyuhyun, though, was even nicer despite the evil image he had. He had given you his phone number and made you promise to call him if anything happened. You were charmed.

So for about a month, you'd been like friends; but that's except you starting to undeniably like him. You didn't want to ruin anything in your life or about what you had with him, though, and you weren't brave enough to start anything without seeing something from him that would make you believe he wouldn't reject you. So you'd tried to get over him, thinking that would be for the best. You had started to hang out with your old friends and fellow trainees - some of which happened to be massive flirts. And he'd definitely not liked it - the first sign you saw from him of liking you. He'd pulled you away from the group with a clever lie and told you not to ignore him and hang out with 'people like that' which got you offended. But you knew he wasn't usually like that so you'd asked what was wrong, why he was acting like that. He'd said "cuz I'm jealous, happy?" without thinking. You'd frozen. He had too. Then he'd ran away. 

Two days after that, which happened to be this morning - and valentines day too, he'd texted you and offered to meet up, saying he wanted to apologize. Your heart was fluttering when you saw it. You'd immediately accepted it and ran to the bath, started preparing for your date. You expected him to confess, though not for sure. He'd said he was jealous of you; it meant he liked you, and it had to be February 14th, so he could only confess, right? But if he didn't, you would. Cause ignoring him definitely didn't seem to work, making his place in your heart more firm only. And now you had hope that he may like you back.

When you finished dressing, you looked at yourself in the mirror. You were still not sure; but you liked what you saw. Your cream colored skin tight jeans fit perfectly on your slim body, the flowing salmon pink blouse you wore was neither too classy nor too plain. It was stylish and sweet. You wore some simple jewelry and very light make-up consisted of eyeliner, very light blush and peach colored cherry flavored lipstick. Your hair was in its natural gentle waves and your fringe was elegantly falling just below your eyebrows. You actually knew he liked to see girls' foreheads, okay, but you weren't exactly fond of yours. 

You waved your mother goodbye and told her you might be late tonight. You wore your brown jacket and short boots with low heels. You draped your cream colored giant scarf on your neck and went out, made your way towards the bus. It took you about 45 minutes to reach the promised place: a mostly deserted park that was really close to the bus stop. 

When you got off the bus, you saw you were just on time. You walked towards the park. You saw a dark silhouette leaning on the stairs of the slide, looking down, with a simple black beret and thick framed glasses. The streetlights didn't light where he stood, so he was mostly in the dark. You instantly reckognized him, though. You took a deep breath and walked towards him with quick steps. As you walked, he noticed you and raised his head. A beautiful smile spreaded on his face the second he saw you, he straightened up. 

"Hey! Am I late?" you said, when you went next to him. 

"No, uh... I guess I was a little early myself." he smiled at you. He looked shy. Everything about him made your heart skip a beat. You smiled back. He suddenly handed you one single daffodil. 

"I'm sorry." he said. You looked at his face, then back at the flower, then back at his face. You stayed silent, waiting for him to continue.

"I shouldn't have ran after acting so weird. I didn't mean anything bad about your friends and I didn't mean to upset you in any way, so I'm sorry..." he trailed off, still holding the flower in front of you. He wasn't looking at you while saying this, he looked shy and sincere, somehow. You took the daffodil and smelled it. It smelled like heaven. 

"It's okay. I wasn't mad at you particularly. I was just surprised." you said. Your heart felt like it could skip out of your mouth; and it got even worse when he looked at you and smiled. You were sure you were blushing like crazy right now. 

"I'm glad." he said with a voice like velvet. Your heart skipped a few beats. You looked away, thinking your heart couldn't take any more. 

"But why did you start avoiding me?" he said suddenly. You froze and gulped. You had made up your mind to confess tonight; but was it the right time for it? You felt so nervous, your palms were so sweaty and even in this cold, you felt like you were burning up. 

"Why did you say you were jealous?" you said. No, wait. This wasn't what you'd been thinking, you were gonna start confe-

"Because I was." 

Kyuhyun's soft words cut off your panicked thoughts. When you looked at him, you saw that this time he was looking directly into your eyes - no, into your soul. You couldn't manage out any words, captured by his gaze. You didn't know what was wrong with you, you definitely knew you weren't this type of girl even when insanely in love, you knew it; but... 

"I didn't like being pushed away, I couldn't stand seeing you flirting with others; I..." he trailed off. When he averted his eyes nervously, you felt like you'd been released from some kind of spell. He bit his lower lip slightly. You felt like your heart could break your ribs and fly out of your chest anytime now. Then he looked back at you. You were enchanted again as his eyes stared right into your soul again. He sighed and smiled nervously.

"Actually," he continued, "apologizing for that was only half of the reason why I wanted to meet up." he took a deep breath here, allowing there to be a short silence, "I wanted to let you know my heart. I wanted to tell you how I really feel about you. I don't think I can keep on like before anymore."

You just looked into his eyes as he stayed quiet for a little while; waiting for what he had to say with butterflies in your stomach and a spreading warmth in your chest. 

"I like you. No- actually- I love you." he corrected immediately, which made you stop breathing altogether. He'd said love. Not like. He loved you. He actually loved you. You were rendered speechless for a few seconds; but before you could confess back, he started talking again.

"So... would you be my valentine today?" he said. 

"Just today?" you heard yourself saying. His words had brought such bliss, such warmth to you. You didn't remember ever being as happy as you were right now. You thought you wouldn't be able to erase the smile on your face if your life depended on it. 

"Forever, then?" he smiled, his love overflowing from his eyes; you could basically see it surround you. 

"That's more like it." you giggled, blushing. He had relaxed a lot after your untold answer. He smiled beautifully, tilted his head and opened his arms, inviting. You laughed and closed the distance between in two steps, wrapped your arms around his waist and rested your head on his chest. He hugged you tighter to himself. You could hear the fast beating of his heart. Your heartbeats were no different.

"I love you, Cho Kyuhyun. Now and forever." you whispered, snuggling closer to his chest. He kissed the top of your head, then pulled back just enough to see your face, your cheek gently. He pushed away your fringe and kissed your forehead, then your nose, then your lips. You closed your eyes and held onto his jacket for you thought you'd melt. His kiss was soft, gentle and passionate at the same time. It wasn't your first kiss, but you were reacting to it like it was. 

He broke the kiss when you thought you might just slump to the ground if it wasn't for his arms surrounding you, holding you safely. He smiled to you, then quickly glanced upwards.

"So," he said, turning his loving gaze back to you, "There's still about three and a half hours until Valentines day ends. Would you like to celebrate?"

You chuckled quietly when he reached into his pocket and brought out a small, round, red thing which suspiciously looked like a chocolate. He'd definitely planned this. 

"Aren't girls supposed to make the chocolates?" you said jokingly, being forward and stealing another quick kiss from his lips. His smile got wider. 

"Let's make an exception. You can start making a white scarf or something." he said, peeling the red cover of the chocolate quickly and pushing it against your lips. You took it into your mouth and stole another kiss, feeling too happy to stop; actually right now all you wanted was to keep kissing and kissing him. You slipped your hand in his and your fingers interwined naturally, like they were made for this purpose. 

"You'll see about it when the day comes." you said cutely. 

"But, seriously, stop flirting with those guys, okay?" Kyuhyun suddenly said. It made you chuckle again. You squeezed his hand. 

"Stop worrying about it already. You obviously have today planned out. Where are we going?" you said. 

"Well, not everything goes the way I planned, so..." he said, then he threw his hand that was holding yours around your shoulders and started walking lazily, "let's just improvise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

happy - late - valentines day!! >w<

i had to write this, just as i have to sleep now. i have thousands of stories rolling in my mind - they never seem to come when i'm free, though -_-

oh well. just to explain things: when confessing for real, Kyuhyun totally messed up and went like "oh to hell with it, let's just improvise~" which resulted in something cute - in my opinion.

hope you liked it! and if you didn't like it, don't complain. okay? that was for you Haera; you aren't allowed to complain like "such an idiotic main character" cuz it's my story and i like silly characters, dammit!! i'm dull too, so what? stop complaining!! *_* i'm totally gonna murder you if i hear anything like that in your comment, kay? other readers, don't take it personally, this is only meant for Haera. ^w^

okay, PLEASE DO COMMENT!! CUZ COMMENTS ARE LOVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! also, i haven't edited this, so feel free to point out my mistakes; actually, i'll appreciate it if you do.

take care~ ^w^