Fallen Angel - part 2 - my POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

For the next two days after you found him on the street next to the river, you called in sick to take care of him. 

He hadn't talked or responded to you in any way. You didn't know his name or anything about him. You just knew that he was an angel with his wings ripped out - which was enough to make your blood go cold. You fed him porridge, he didn't eat unless you fed him yourself. He also didn't drink water unless you made him drink. He'd started going to the toilet on his own only after you taught him. He was like a helpless baby - your baby - that needed to learn everything from a scratch. 

You took care of his wound, changed his bandages and checked on his overall situation. He was healing; slowly, but visibly healing. The color was starting to return to his white, chapped lips; but his eyes were still lightless. It was like he was drained of life and all the will to live. It made your heart ache. But you never asked him any questions again. You gave him his space to think. You just talked to him and cared for him from your heart.

The next two days you had to go to work. You weren't sure what to do about him; but you could only leave him home - with the TV on, hoping it would distract him - and hope he wouldn't do anything bad. The first day at your job, you were really nervous and hurried to leave. You returned home with countless possibilities at your head, like him having disappeared without a trace and stuff. When you arrived, the TV was still on and he was nowhere to be seen. You panicked and looked for him everywhere. In the end, you found him hidden in the bathtub hugging his knees with the water open, the ends of his sweatpants wet. You almost cried with relief. He wasn't gone. You ran and hugged him. He didn't respond except raising his head a little at your voice. 

The next day at your work, you were a little more relaxed. This time, you hadn't the TV. Still, you hurried off the job. On the way home, you stopped at a store to buy him stuff to wear. When you returned home, you found him sitting on the couch, his knees pulled up to his chest and his arms wrapped around his knees, tears rolling down his face silently. The sight brought tears to your eyes again. You went and wiped his face without a word. He didn't respond; but his tears stopped flowing. 

Exactly one week after the day you found him, he decided to talk. 

It was your holiday, just like that day had been. You had changed his bandages as usual, his wounds were getting better. You were now going to feed him. You gathered the dirty bandages in your arms, his shoulder gently before getting up. You were going to make him something other than just porridge and soup this time; you were planning on making ramyun, for it was almost like a soup too. Just before you went out of the door, though, you heard a faint voice.

"I fell..."

You froze in your place, hearing his voice for the first time. It was a little hoarse from not being used for long and beautiful too; but what made you freeze wasn't his voice. It was the fact that he'd talked. You weren't sure how to respond. If you turned back, would he close himself back in his shell? What were you supposed to say, if you responded? You had no idea what to do, so you stood still next to the door, quietly, your back facing him, until he talked once again. 

"From the heavens, I fell..." he repeated quietly. You knew you had to say something this time.

"Why?" you asked in a gentle voice, after a short while of silence. You still hadn't moved. 

"I betrayed..." he said with an even weaker voice. 

"To whom?" you asked quietly. 

"To the one who gave me my existance... to my purpose; to the reason I exist, I betrayed..." he said, like he was confessing his sins to you. Maybe he was, in his own way. 

"So you fell." you said, just to confirm, turning around to see him - moving really slowly as to not scare him off. He was sitting with his head bowed down, hands clutching his sweatpants. He nodded slightly. 

"Why are you wounded?" you asked, gently again. You had a good guess; but it would be moving too fast. 

"I was punished." he said, his voice barely could be heard. You walked close to him, put the bandages on your lap and set next to him slowly. You weren't looking at him, you didn't want to look like you were being pushy. You looked down, giving him enough privacy. You stayed silent. 

"I fell as a result of the punishment. My wings were ripped to shreds..." he trailed off when his voice got too weak. he clutched tighter on his sweatpants, his knuckles turned white. Your blood froze in your veins with the cruelty of the punishment. You stayed silent, letting him gain his voice back. You didn't trust your voice either. 

"My wings were ripped to shreds until their roots, thus I fell to the earth." he explained with a pained voice. His pain hurt you; what could an angel have done to deserve such torture? You reached out and put your hand on his, gently, in an attempt to support him. 

"Why?" you asked again, unable to hold back, "What could you have done so bad?"

"I betrayed my sole loyalty to Father." he raised his head and looked into your eyes for the first time, with his enchanting chocolate brown gaze; "I loved."

You gasped. He loved? He was punished this was just because he loved? How could love be a reason for such a terrifying punishment? But you couldn't reply in any way, you felt like you'd lost your voice. He bowed his head back down when you didn't say anything. He pulled his hand away from your touch and pulled his knees to his chest, closing back up. You looked down at your hand in despair. Why couldn't you say anything? Why had you stayed silent?

You clenched your jaw, annoyed at yourself; gathered up the dirty bandages in your arms and stood up. Before you went out, you turned around and looked at him one last time. He was back in his usual soulless position. You felt your heart get heavier. You swallowed back your tears and left for the kitchen to dispose of the bandages and prepare him his food. You hoped you wouldn't do anything wrong again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poison here!! >w< decided to throw in another update before i go to sleep :3 which is really short, i see, compared the my other chapters -_-  sooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy~~ 

i really have no idea what'll happen from now on, cuz up to this point is all i had imagined beforehand. but it'll be really "#%&*!ajfsd??" if i just end it here. no, i'm not that much of a m***********, not yet. and i pretty much like the idea itself too. ^w^ 

hope you liked this chapter too! :D good night, people! please do comment so i can know if you like it or not. i'll work even harder on it if it's loved, i promise! :3

take care, people!!

***

@cerasus: are you satisfied, honey? =w=