Fallen Angel - part 3 - my POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

You acted like nothing happened for two days. 

He was back to his complete, depressed, painful silence. You knew he wouldn't say anything again. You could only guess how much courage he'd needed just to talk that much. And you'd let him down. You had been such an idiot. So you acted like nothing had happened for a while, thinking what you should do next. You were no expert at how to deal with traumatized people. You were just trying your best on your own with your limited knowledge. 

So after two days of bearing with his silence and your anxiety, while you were giving him breakfast and performing a monologue, you gave in. You sighed and slumped into your chair. He stopped looking down and raised his head to look at you. You looked back at him directly and he averted his eyes. 

"What's your name?" you said directly. You really had nothing else to say in your mind. You couldn't ask anything else you had in mind. You didn't want to bring up painful memories again. This was the best that came to your mind to keep the sorrowful memories to the minimum.

He turned his gaze back at you and looked at you with surprised eyes. You smiled.

"Don't be so surprised. I keep calling you 'you' all the time; but that can't do. What am I gonna say if I need to call for you? Don't you have a name? What's your name?"

"... I don't know." he replied after a short while. It took you by surprise.

"You don't know? You don't have a name?" you asked. 

"No, I do have a name... but I don't know how to say it... in human language... I don't know how it can be said... what it's equal to... I guess..." he said, pausing to think. You hadn't thought about that. Of course, the way the angels communicated must have been different than human language. You nodded. 

"Then... what was the meaning, sort of?" you asked. 

"It has no equivalent in the human world either. But I can try to explain... it's..." his eyes lost focus and his brows furrowed as he started thinking seriously, "It's something shiny; but it doesn't gleam..." he said. You looked around, thinking of what it could be like. You reached to your necklace and raised it up; it had a small diamond at the end of it.

"Something like this?" you asked. He shook his head.

"No, it isn't clear like that. It's... it looks like white; but it's not. It looks gray; but it's not gray either. It's a light and elegant color." he said, careful about the words he chose. 

"Hmm..."

"It's also neither a fluid nor a gas, and its shape is very unstable; but I don't think those are relevant..." he mused quietly. You looked around. Light gray, shiny but not gleaming, elegant... that sounded kind of like....

"Wait here?" you said and ran out of the kitchen to your room. You took out one of your giant silver rings and wore it, hurried back to the kitchen. 

"Is it something like this?" you asked, showing him the ring. He looked at it, thinking seriously. 

"It's... not quite like that, actually; but I don't think you could find something like that in human world either. That's as close as you can get, yes. Silver." he said. 

"Then, silver, it is..." you said," But will I call you Silver, just like that? It'll sound a little weird... shall I give you a name, based on that?" 

He looked at you with surprised eyes again, for a little while.

"It... would be okay, I think..." he said carefully and quietly. You smiled at him softly.

"Then, let's feed you as I think on it..." you said and grabbed the spoon. 

You left him home again when you went to work, thought a lot on the name to give him. In the end you decided on the name Eunhyuk which literally meant Silver but sounded more like a common name. When you returned home, you told him you'd call him that from now on. He just nodded silently. You didn't ask questions again. He seemed fairly normal in the morning; but you didn't want to push it. You decided to bathe before you made the dinner. As you wore your bathrobe, you noticed him coming in your room. That was kind of the first. He'd never moved if you didn't tell him to before. You smiled at him.

"What is it?" you asked gently. He looked away shyly.

"My... stomach... is making weird noises..." he said quietly. You froze for a second. His stomach... he's hungry... he's... so cute... 

"Really?" you said, deciding to play along, "Let me listen." you went next to him, bowed down and put your ear on his stomach. His stomach growled loudly and you jumped back.

"It did it again..." he said quietly. 

"Oh!" you smiled at him, "I know what this means!"

"What..." he mumbled.

"It means you're hungry." you said, "Your stomach is trying to tell you that you should eat something. Lets get you some food." 

You held his hand and brough him to the kitchen. You prepared the dinner. As you were about to start feeding him, you thought that he should start learning to eat on his own. 

"When you stomach makes this noise, you should eat even if I'm not home. Here." you said, handed him the spoon, "Handle it yourself."

He looked at you with a blank expression for a while, then turned his eyes to the spoon. He slowly raised his hand and took the spoon from you. He looked clueless for a moment before he imitated the way you always handled the spoon. Then he looked at you for approval. 

"Great!" you smiled approvingly; but before you could show him how to do the rest, he kept copying the way you did it again, though very slowly and carefully. He took his first bite of he soup and swallowed. 

"You're an expert already!" you chuckled and took a spoon yourself. "Then, let's have our dinner." 

You ate together. He was moving very carefully so he ate slowly. After you were full, you waited for him to finish too. You watched his face and movements all the while, feeling like you were enchanted. When he was also done, you cleared the table. As you were busy with the dishes, you heard a faint voice from behind.

"Thank you..." 

You didn't even ask what he was thanking you for. Whatever it was, he didn't need to thank you for it; you did everything because he was precious to you. You just smiled softly. 

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poison here!! :D throwing in another short update~ ^w^

i'm really falling in love with this story; it's just.... T-T and i have many more scenes popping up, i have so much in my mind again and i can't write cuz i need to study, it's like... T_T such a torture... *sigh*

anyways. hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it. ^w^ please comment and let me know what you think!!

everyone who commented, thanks!! strawberyl; thank you especially for the continous support since the first chapter i put up. and cheesypuffkins; thanks for the giant support on this story. your comments really meant a lot to me because you sound like someone who'll criticize a work when needed. i appreciate every single long comment, they make my day TwT

okay, gotta run off to study now. take care, people!! :D