Clueless / part 3 - your POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

"Kim. Jong. Woon. Are you stalking me?"

"I was starting to think you'd never notice me." he replied, confusing the hell outta me. I couldn't reply. 

"Won't you invite me in?" he smiled softly after a while. I thought about it a for some time. A friggin' stalker famous idol... guess I could ignore the stalker part for a while, as much as I knew he was no evil guy. I stepped aside, allowing him in. 

"Go to the balcony, but bring a chair with you. I don't share my rocking chair. I'll get you some tea." I said. He made a noise close to a snort and proceeded to grab a folded chair leaning on the wall of living room. "What would you like? I have camomile, green tea, jasmine tea and black tea... oh no, there's also rosehip tea and sage tea."

"Are you a tea addict?" he asked me, unfolding the chair in the balcony - I saw him clear because the door of balcony was all glass and the kitchen was a small part of my living room, seperated only by a table-countertop kind of thing. 

"Not exactly; but I like herbal teas." I shrugged, running the kettle and waiting for it to boil.

"I'll have some green tea, then; thank you." he said, sitting under the sun. I prepared the tea  and brought it to him. 

"Thanks..." he said as he quietly took a sip. I sat down on my chair, pulled my tea cup to my lap and started rocking gently in my chair. I was waiting for him to say something, anything; but he stayed quiet, looking mostly at his cup and other times at me. I couldn't bear it for longer than a few minutes. 

"So you followed me all the way from hospital?" 

"Un." he nodded. Was it just me, or did he actually look proud? 

"Why did you do that?" I asked in utter confusion. I mean, if he wanted something from me, he could have just came and asked on the way home. Or, a whole night I'd been there. In the hospital too. If he wanted to say or ask for anything, he had so much time in his hands. So why? Did he have some weird es or something? 

He suddenly raised his head and touched right between my eyebrows with his fingertip, slightly smiling, I felt I was frowning and relaxed my muscles.

"You looked a lot gentler when you were sleeping." he said, confusing mere even more.

"You watched me sleep?" I said, unable to think. This was getting so creepy. 

"I didn't feel sleepy so I wanted to chat a little; but you were fast asleep." Yesung smiled. Oh. So that one was my fault. Okay, well, I could accept that. "You looked tired, so I didn't want to disturb you, so I didn't turn on the TV. In the end I found myself watching you." 

"Oh..." I nodded and took a sip of my own tea. I'd never thought he was the type to talk a lot; but he seemed to talk when something was asked. Then again, how would I know? It wasn't like I was a proper Cloud, stalking every show he was in. "Then why did you follow me home?"

"Well..." he shrugged, "I wanted to get your number, but they wouldn't give it to me. And I had some time, so..."

"If you wanted my number you could have just asked me. Why did you follow me all the way home?" I insisted. He stayed quiet for a short while, then looked directly into my soul through my eyes, with a gaze that looked so innocent somehow.

"I don't know." he said. And somehow, I believed his sincerity instantly. 

"You don't know." I repeated. He nodded. I stayed silent. Then chuckled quietly. Yesung, following me all the way home, saying he didn't know why. Yeah, this was so like him. "Then do you know why you wanted my phone number that desperately?" I asked, still chuckling, causing him to smile as well. He shook his head no. 

"Maybe I just wondered what kind of person you are." he said, thinking.

"Because I'm not Korean?" I asked. 

"No, not because of that, but... I wanted to ask you, where are you from?" Yesung asked, flashing me a curious look. I laughed awkwardly and scratched my head.

"Well, that's kind of complicated... I'm originally from England, though." I said. 

"And the complicated part?" he asked.

"I, uh... well, my dad's half Irish, while my mom's half Turkish and half Spanish. The met in England; but I was raised in Turkey until I was seven. Then we moved to Spain, for about four years we stayed there. Then we moved to England." I explained the most simple way.

"Oh... yeah, that's a little mixed up." Yesung smiled, "How long have you been living here?"  

"Three years or so." I said. I had about one and a half year before I got my MD here and were to return to my country. 

"It's long. Your family isn't here?" Yesung asked.

"No, they're in England." I said. Why are you giving so much information to this guy? Isn't he practically a stranger? Aish, as if he was a normal person! Almost every human in Korea had to know about him! I hated this extremely reasonable voice in my head sometimes. I ignored it. 

"You must be missing them."

"Yeah, I do. A lot. But I assume you don't see your parents a lot either." I countered.

"That's not the same. We can always see each other if we want to." Yesung smiled. 

"Yeah. I haven't seen my family for about a year." I chuckled bitterly, "But I'm so busy that sometimes I don't have time left to think I miss them. That's when I think working hard is a bliss." 

Yesung took a sip from his tea and stayed silent. I also didn't say anything for a while, enjoying the sunlight warming my face. It was a comfortable silence, somehow.

"What about you? You've fainted from fatigue; why are you pushing yourself so hard?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Well, the Super Show is coming up and I haven't practiced for a while. I just wanted to perfect myself, I didn't realize I went overboard."

"How can that be possible? How can you not notice getting that tired?" I asked, shocked a little bit.

"It's not like I fainted while dancing, I'm not that stupid." Yesung said. 

"Oh. Then how did it happen?" 

"I don't eat a lot. It turns out I forgot a few meals. Right when I finished practice, I felt dizzy. The next thing I know I was in the hospital." he said, sipping his tea again. 

"You really should take better care of yourself, I hear some of your fans are seriously thinking about bombing the SM building." I chuckled. 

"Yeah, I shouldn't worry them." Yesung mumbled. Why did he suddenly sound tired, though? 

"Are you bored of having so many fans?" I mocked.

"If the world turned upside down, maybe." he smirked, "I do appreciate every single one of them; it's just, it's impossible to satisfy them all. And some of them are scary too; but I don't really mind, they don't mean any harm."

"You really do trust your fans a lot. Not everyone is as innocent." I mused. He chuckled a little.

"Well, they're pretty much obedient. We're safe." Yesung said. I smiled. Yeah, he was right. They could murder a girl for being a little close to their bias; but when it came to their bias in person, they were almost like puppies with their tails between their legs. Everyone around the boys might be in danger; but they were safe. From anything too. As much as I knew, there were some fangirls that would give their own hearts if Yesung happened to have a heart failiure. This really should make you feel safe, I thought; knowing people loved you too much to let anything happen to you. I'd never felt anything even close to that. People I ever depended on tended to let me down in ways I though they never would. I sighed. I really envied these boys a lot, at times like this. 

"What happened? Is something wrong?" I heard Yesung said. I realized I'd been sulking, sunk in my own envy and memories, sighing from time to time. I mentally slapped myself and smiled - this wasn't time to think about such stuff. 

"No, it's nothing. I just-" I started, just then my stomach roared like a dinosaur - so loud that I bet the baby upstairs have woken up and will start weeping soon. I held my stomach as he started laughing.

"Haha, I get it. You're hungry." he said.

"Yeah, I haven't had my breakfast yet, thanks to an unexpected guest." I mocked.

"Don't mind me, go eat your breakfast." he said. His smile... it looked so charming when it was natural, I thought. It brought an unconscious smile to my face.

"Are you hungry?" I said.

"Well, I haven't had breakfast yet... I basically ran away from Manager hyung." he smiled, apologetically.

"You ran? He must be worried, then?" I said, almost scolding. I wouldn't like it if I were ditched that way; I was a little sensitive about these stuff. 

"No, well... basically I said I had things to do and I'd be on the dorm later. It's no problem." he said. 

"Ok. Let me get you breakfast." I said, taking my cup and getting up from my chair. As I went to the kitchen, I could almost feel his existance behind me. When I put my cup in the sink and turned around, I found him right behind me. I smiled at him.

"It won't be like your usual breakfasts, though. I can't get used to your stuff. It's like having dinner in the morning, it feels weird. I like mediterranean style better." I said, pushed him aside gently and made my way towards the fridge. "Go sit on a chair, I usually have my meals on that counter. I'll prepare the stuff."

He went ahead and sat on a tall chair in front of the counter that seperated the kitchen and the living room. I started taking out breakfast stuff from the fridge: two kinds of cheese, olives, clotted cream and honey. I took out the bread and put it in the toaster to heat it up, meanwhile I made red tea - I loved the taste of that. When everything was ready, I sat down next to him, started eating.

"No rice?" Yesung said, "How do I eat these?"

"Well, you take a bite of bread, if you wish, and a bite of something else you want, then a sip of your tea." I said, feeling weird explaining it to him. Shouldn't he have known it? Is he messing with me? 

He stuck his fork to a piece of cheese and tried it. He didn't seem to have loved it immediately; but he didn't seem too disgusted either. It was more, like, curious. After a short time of chewing he nodded.

"It's not too bad." he commented, trying the olives next. Though he wrinkled his nose at that. "Too salty..."

"Sorry, that's the best I can get around here. The ones my grandmother made have run out and I can't find fresh olives here." I said. 

"You make these too?" he said, keeping on with the feta cheese.

"Yeah. They're usually much better than the ones you buy from the markets." I nodded. I had started preparing a honey-bread; first applying a thin layer of clotted cream, then coating it with honey. Then I handed it to him. He looked at me a little surprised.

"Have a taste," I urged him, "it tastes nice. If you don't like it, I can make sure it doesn't go to waste." I winked. He smiled and took it off my hand.

"Thanks" he said, trying to take a bite - it turned out I put a little too much honey, my thumb and index finger were coated with honey too. I watched him eat as I my fingers clean and proceeded to make myself another one of those masterpieces.

"Mmm, this tastes good." he commented. 

"Yeah, I know. Actually, this table is pretty poor. I would have prepared a richer table if we were in Turkey or something." I mused.

"Should I make sure we visit Turkey during SS4?" he said, jokingly. I chuckled.

"If you do, I'll give you an address for a fine breakfast even if I'm not there." I said.

"Helpful! Thanks." he replied. That was the last thing said during the breakfast, for I was too buried in my food to say or hear anything else. When I was full, I let out a happy sigh and rubbed my tummy, then noticed he'd been finished for a while now.

"You really do eat little." I said, "That's why you're this skinny. Shouldn't it be unhealthy? Your body mass index should-"

"My body mass index is at optimum, around 20. You don't have to tell me what to do about my weight; I'm an idol, what I do best is to take care of my body." he said, proudly. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

"Are you sure you're not trying to lose weight by eating this little?" I asked with doubt, "I mean, you also dance a lot and you just ate less than me. I don't think that's healthy." 

"Don't worry, it's just fine." he assured, "It's just you eat a lot." 

"And I'm still pretty fit, thank you very much." I laughed, then started cleaning up the countertop. He wanted to help; but he would just be a bother so I sent him back to sit like a good kid. 

"Do you have a pet?" he asked as I was putting the tea glasses into the dishwasher.

"Nope. I don't have time for it." I said.

"Isn't it boring, just you?" 

"Nope. I mostly don't have time to think about such stuff. Sometimes I only come back home for a change of clothes. This is a rare lucky day." I explained. Before he could say anything, though, my phone started ringing. I dug inside my bag for it and answered the call.

"Cydney? Did I wake you up?" 

"Nope, I was awake. What's up?" I answered, a wide smile forming on my face with the sound of my best friend in Korea, Hye Jung, ringing in my ear. She was the daughter of the owner of my previous apartment, still in university. I had convinced her not to call me "unnie" somehow. 

"Well, I was thinking about going to the mall, I need to choose a present for my boyfriend's birthday..." she trailed off.

"And you need help." I finished for her - it was her first long term relationship, the girl was a great player before. "Sure. Where should we meet?"

"You'll come? Great! I'll come over in an hour!" she chirped.

"Ok. Later." I said and hung up.

"Who is that?" Yesung asked. 

"A friend, and a sign that you should go right now." I said. It had been a little like I was kicking him out; but it didn't seem like he'd leave on his own anytime soon. 

"Oh... is that so?" he said, a little disappointed.

"Yeah. It was nice talking to you, though you happened to stalk me home which still feels creepy; but now you should leave." I repeated, smiling. 

"Can I get your number before I go?" he asked, taking out his phone, hoping my answer would be positive. Well, he was right. I gave him my number without any objection, and he gave me his. I saved it under the name "Kim Stalker" so people wouldn't understand. You see, even though I almost feel like he's no different than any other person, it's still Super Junior's Yesung. Why do I feel like fangirling when I put it like that? After all, I came to love Korea thanks to his band. Should I ask for an autograph or something?

Come to your ing senses right now or I'll b*tch slap you a thousand times until you lose your freaking mind, goddammit!! 

Yeah. There are times I love my reasonable inner voice too. I went ahead and opened the door for him, waited until he wore his shoes. 

"Take care." I said, closing the door. 

"I'll see you later." he managed before I closed the door and practically ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The truth is, I hate farewells. It gets all awkward if someone doesn't go ahead and cut it out. Like, silly talks on the phone saying you hang up; no you hang up; let's hang up at the same time, one, two.... aww you didn't hang up! Then all over again. Same at the doors; millions of goodbyes and such... okay, I might be exaggerating; but I just hate silly talks like that. So I made it a habit to practically slam the door shut in the person's face after the first farewell word, without seeing them leave. I know it might be rude sometimes, so sue me. 

I took a quick shower, changed into my usual jeans and t-shirts and dried my hair. I realized I had left the pitcher at the balcony. As I took it, I thought I saw a shadow around the narrow street between two apartments across the road. When I looked again, there was nothing.

I put on a light make-up, started waiting for Hye Jung's arrival. I secretly peeked out of the window to see if anyone was out. I saw a dark figure, leaning on the wall of the same apartment, just not at the main street this time. I felt chills run down my spine. This truly was kind of... almost erted... right? Creepy yet weird at the same time. If I ever got to talk to him again, I would definitely as him if stalking people was his hobby. 

I felt uncomfortable, so I waited for Hye Jung in my bedroom instead of the living room. In about ten minutes, the doorbell rang. I grabbed my bag and met Hye Jung at the enterance of the apartment. I looked around as I walked towards her car. I had no idea when he left; but Yesung was nowhere to be seen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey, people! Poison here~ >w< i got a hell of writers block while I wrote this; so pardon me if this chapter -_- but i really hope i haven't bored you ^^' 

it seems like this story will be pretty long. I'm considering making a seperate story-page for this one. what do you think? would you subscribe and comment there too? I don't want this abandoned; your opinions are important for me so tell me what you think? please? ^w^

 

please do comment; cuz COMMENTS ARE LOVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! >w< thank you for reading~ ^w^ 

take care, people~