Expetations - part 2 - my POV

Short Stories - Starring: You

Next day, the class was boring as it had never been. All class long I was playing with Haera's hair as she slept buried in her mint blue jumper that made her eyes look electric blue. Her eyes usually reminded me of ice when she wore blue stuff. She looked damn cute like this; right now I wanted to cuddle her instead of trying to concentrate on the class. 

I really wanted to do something, but I didn't know what. Haera and Gain seemed really sleepy, I didn't know if they would do something with me. We'd been going ice skating with Jiyeol for a while now and Gain kept saying she wanted to go one day as well. I felt like going today; I really wondered if she would join me. 

At the break, we met Donghae outside. Our lecture theaters were right next to each other so though we were at different classes, we could easily meet. Just two days after we had met, we were already close enough to keep wanting to get together and chat. I had no complaints to be honest, it was really fun. He always had ridiculous stories to tell. 

"The world is so boring!" Gain complained, voicing probably all of our thoughts. 

"Tell me about it. It's so much worse in our class, we all just keep drifting off..." Donghae whined. 

"I wanna go ice skating..." I continued the whining cycle. I didn't expect all heads to turn to me. 

"That's actually a great idea..." Gain said surprisedly while I stared at them with the same surprise on my face. 

"I can't do that, I'd fall right on my !" Haera said. Donghae smiled happliy at her.

"We'll teach you, it's not that hard! Come on!" he said excitedly. Haera seemed quite unwilling. 

"But I really will fall, you wanna laugh at me don't you?" she pouted. 

"Come on, you won't fall! Well, even if you do I won't let you fall, promise. Come on, let's go?" Donghae said. Me and Gain were both nodding.

"Yeah, Haera, please?" Gain said with bright eyes. 

"I promise we'll be teaching you, you'll start out slow, it's not that hard, please, for us!" I said. With a sigh, Haera gave in. 

"Fine, after the class-"

"It'll be too late, the ice rink will be closed by that time. None of us listen to anyways, let's go now!" I said. I got two nods and an eye roll.

"Fine, let's go now." Haera gave in, as the one who had rolled her eyes at me. 

***

"I ING HATE YOU ALL!!" 

I couldn't help but laugh at the scream that came out of that tiny petite body. 

"You're doing so well, though!" Donghae said, laughing. Gain was too busy speeding all over the rink. 

"IF I BREAK MY THAT IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY YOUR FAULT LEE DONGHAE!" she screamed again, making me laugh even more. 

"I told you, I won't let you fall!" Donghae said with a playful grin. Those two looked... almost... like lovers, to be honest. I mean, like shojo manga couple kind of lovers; Haera clumsily tripping and slipping on the ice and Donghae almost hugging her to keep her on her feet... yes I am an otaku so sue me. 

"How can you be so sure?" Haera said, fighting to stay on her two feet. 

"You haven't fallen or broken any bones until now so I'd say you can trust me." Donghae said, chuckling. He loosened his hold on her a little for a second, apparently she couldn't keep her balance just yet. When he caught her again she grumbled.

"Again; how can you be so sure?" Haera said.

"Well if you fall, you fall on me!" Donghae said cheekily. In my mind, the scene changed into a shojo scene: the guy cuddles the girl romantically and says "I won't let you fall" then she slips and to protect her he falls with her, she falls on her, then she pushes himself up and their faces inches apart... I shook my head harshly to save my eyesight from my imagination. Well, I could never deny how perfect of a shojo scene that way. 

"Why that sounds so comforting!" Haera huffed and fought to keep her balance. When she was more balanced, Donghae loosened his hold on her again.

"Hold on- hold on what the- Donghae don't- I'm gonna fall this is serious I can break my spine and be bedridden for the rest of my life." Haera said, looking absolutely terrified. 

"Is it sadistic that your face makes me wanna laugh?" I said, barely holding back my laughter. She threw me a glance and if looks could kill, I'd be in purgatory. 

"I'll kill you in your sleep..." she growled at me, making both me and Donghae laugh. When she turned to say something angry at Donghae she slipped with a yelp again, just to be caught easily.

"I told you I wouldn't let you fall, you're scared for nothing." he said with a charming smile. If it was a shojo, Haera would be blushing and stuttering and flailing; but the Haera I know would just grumble or make a smart remark instead. And she resorted to grumbling for now, probably because Donghae was the only thing that kept her from helplessly crawling her way out of the ice rink. 

"Hey, come with me!" Gain appeared out of nowhere and pulled me away. 

"What happened?" I said, I had to follow her not to fall because she had grabbed my arm. She turned to me and grinned playfully.

"Let's race."

***

When we were out of the ice rink, Haera was grateful enough to kiss the earth and Gain's and my face were numb from racing. At first I hadn't agreed; but in the end, I gave in to the temptation of speed. I was certain I would slip and kill myself; but nothing of sorts had happened. I was quite lucky today. 

"I am starving." Haera said as we walked out of the building. 

"Well of course, you made the most effort in there." I said, nodding. Haera threw me a an evil glance.

"You guys convinced me to do that and I'm never EVER doing that again, just so you know." she said, making us all laugh again. 

"What should we eat?" Donghae said. Haera shrugged.

"Whatever will be fast and easy." she said.

"I know a place nearby, they make pretty good baked potatoes." he said. We looked at each other.

"Let's go eat there, then." Gain said in the end, Haera and me nodded. 

We walked to the place Donghae had suggested. We ate baked potatoes, Donghae stuck with carrot juice. We chatted on after that. That was what we almost always did; chatting on until we had to part. That was what we did that day as well. At the end of the day we parted and went to the dorm as always. It was again a day that left me yearning for more. It was a beautiful day that made me feel again like nothing else was important and nothing else existed but "now" and "us"... and that was so precious after all the time I had spent thinking about future and things were to come. Moments like that were all that I needed. Moments like that were all that humans needed, I thought like a pollyanna. If you could steal moments of time that you could live like there were no worries and no future, moments like happy forever.... that could be enough to keep you going at any condtion. That was why friends were the most important; they gave you those moments. Like today. I was honestly grateful for their existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

last paragraph. i'm honest guys. i am a pollyanna at times and i do think that way. and i am real grateful for my friends... that they're my friends and hopefully will stay that way. yeah, hope you liked it, thank you <3 please comment if you like~ 

P.S: it's still not edited. sorry <3