Come Home (the sequel) - my POV

Short Stories - Starring: You

You couldn't sleep that night. 

You just kept tossing around in bed without nothing to do. There were many possibilities of what could have happened in your mind, each one worse than the other. You didn't want to think; but your brain had proved to be your worst enemy. Every time you closed your eyes, you saw him in another place, with another person of whose face you failed to see. It was just a blank face with lips that touched his own... and every time, you had to kick and shake your head in bed to banish the thoughts. In the end, you couldn't bear with it.

The house was basically freezing in the middle of the night, despite the heating. You jumped the second your feet touched the cold floor; but you didn't change your mind. Cold felt better than your bed right now. You wore your thick socks and jumper and walked downstairs. It was snowing slowly and peacefully outside. You didn't turn on the lights, you watched the snowflakes slowly fall under the light of the street lights. It was peaceful, almost hypnotizing. In the end you couldn't resist the urge to stand under them. 

You took your coat and scarf, then walked out. It was silent outside except the light rustle of pine leafs. The snowflakes slowly, peacefully falling on your face. It was colder than freezing outside; but you didn't mind. It felt like the whole time had stopped. Your thoughts stopped. Your feelings stopped. Everything just stopped. You felt a slight smile form on your face as you raised your hands to catch the flakes. They melted the second they touched your fingertips. You kept catching them until they didn't melt on your hands anymore. You hadn't noticed your hands getting that cold. 

You tucked your hands in your pockets and started walking slowly, watching the cloud of your breath mix with the air and snowflakes around. It looked beautiful. Your feet took you to the park that was now decorated, colorful and lonely at this hour. You saw the sky lighten, you knew the dawn was soon. You didn't want to go back to bed, this was peaceful. You went to the lakeside and cleaned the seat you loved the most off of snow. You settled there and started watching the view. The dawn would look best from here. You assumed you wouldn't freeze until then. 

You didn't feel the time pass as the sun started to show its face, you watched the colors on the frozen lake as the sun moved up and up in the sky. You decided it was time to go back when you started to hear the voices of kids again and the spell on you broke. You got up on your numb legs and fought to keep your balance as they refused to carry you for a second. Your face was numb too. You hurried your way back home, not quite feeling your body. You had a hard time opening the door; you doubted you could manage it if a kid hadn't come to help you. 

When you got in, you basically ran to the bathroom. You the hot water; but it burned the frozen skin of your limbs so bad that you had to turn it back to lukewarm until you warmed up and even lukewarm still burned you. It took you a long time to come back to life from being a snow queen. When you got out you dried your hair and wore your warmest clothes, made yourself hot milk and cuddled up with your blanket. Despite being frozen, you felt much better than how you felt at night. 

At noon, when the doorbell rang, you jumped to your feet and rushed to open the door. You hesitated for a second with your hand on the knob; but you opened it. Still, it wasn't who you expected.

"Hello, big sis! Won't you come out to help us? We're almost done with decorating!" the younger daughter of your neighbour said with a wide smile on your face. You could never say no to her. Everyone knew that he hadn't been around for longer than a month and you were sure they noticed how you felt. You thought it was a plan to send this little cutie to you. 

"Ahh well, why not? It could be fun, right? Wait for me." you said and quickly took your coat and wore your snow boots. Your clothes were of the warmest kind so there was no need to change them. In a minute, you were out again. 

You helped the kids decorate Grandpa Pine. The older kids had climbed up the tree, hanging giant decorations here and there. It took long to finish decoration; but when it was done, everyone was looking up at the beautiful pine proudly. 

"Darling." you heard your neighbour call. When you turned around, you saw her walking up to you with a giant star in her arms.

"Yeah?" you asked, looking at the star and back up at her face.

"Can you please put this up this year?" she asked with a smile, "We all really wanted you to have the honor. Besides, you are one of the few who can climb that high."

You thought for a while. You couldn't be sure; you had more than just yourself to think about. Also you had promised you would never climb up without your love down there to catch you if you fell. But he was nowhere to be seen. You didn't even know if he would ever come back. You didn't know what would happen. All of the neighbourhood, everyone who loved you and you loved were looking at you with hope and a smile on their faces. They were trying to cheer you up. You didn't want to let them down. You were good at climbing, you were sure it would be okay. You smiled.

"I guess, I can do that. Thank you." you said as you took the star. They all smiled wider and pushed you towards the pine. You quickly tied the star to your back and started climbing. It was easy to climb for you and this pine had good branches, making it easier to climb; almost like some kind of stairs. Before you knew, you were at the top of the pine. And the view was incredible. 

You looked to the view of the town covered in snow as the cold breeze caressed your face. You forgot everything again and untied the star and placed it where it should be. When you were done securing it safely, you climbed a few branches down and leaned back a little to stare at your work. That was when you heard the dreadful crack noise right under your feet. 

You didn't even have time to scream or hold onto anything as you fell from the broken branch. You tried to hold onto the branches you could see; but only ended up hitting your arms and legs to them. It slowed your fall; but it was nowhere enough. When the branches ended and free fall started you closed your eyes and expected the big hit... the impact didn't came as you expected. You kept your eyes closed as you felt something else crash into you and you fell onto the snow much slower and safer, rolling and rolling until you came to a stop. 

"Are you alright? Hey, open your eyes... look at me!" you opened your eyes slowly to the voice that came from right above you, to the face you wanted to see the most.

"...Hae?" you managed out, which made his face fill with relief as he hugged you tight. 

"God, why do you do dangerous stuff while I'm not around? Idiot!" he scolded. You could feel your eyes water; but it wasn't from the physical pain you felt from the fall. You felt your arms wrap around him instinctively. 

"You were the one who left, stupid!" you scolded shakily. 

"And the weird part is, I also don't remember why." he chuckled and pulled back to look at your face. Your eyes drank up his beautiful features you missed so much. He cupped your face in his hands. 

"How dare you make me miss you for so long..?" you whispered. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." he said and kissed you softly. His warm lips on yours felt like heaven, you melted into the kiss you had craved for nights. He looked into your eyes again worriedly when he pulled back. "Are you alright? Do you think you can walk? Should we go to the hospital?"

You tried to get up. It made various places on your body ache; but none too badly. He helped you up as you tried to stand. You tried to step on both your feet and they both seemed alive. "I'll live." you said in the end. He laughed and swept you off your feet. 

"I still won't let you walk." he said as he started carrying you bridal stile towards your home and all you could do was to hold on and hide into him. You were aware everyone was watching and it was embarrassing; but honestly, you couldn't care less. 

You opened the door when he refused to let go of you. He kicked the door close with his foot and set you down on the couch. He gently pulled off your boots and took off your coat. You watched him take care of you silently. You were still scared of everything going downhill from here. 

"Where have you been?" you asked quietly after a while that passed in meaningful silence. He sighed and sat down right before your feet, looking down, looking ashamed. 

"I was at the city for the first week; because I was too stubborn... then they called for another business trip. It lasted about ten days. I didn't know how to come back home after that; but a day after, they called for another business trip... that lasted two weeks. I didn't know how to call you or what to say..." he confessed slowly. 

"What did you do? What happened that I wouldn't forgive?" you asked after a while, quietly as you weren't sure you wanted to hear what he was gonna say. He looked up at your eyes.

"Nothing to betray you; I swear I did nothing of sorts. There's nobody but you for me. I thought you wouldn't forgive me for disappearing so long. I let you down, I broke our promise over a big nothing..." he looked down again like a guilty kid. You blinked.

"Is that all?" you asked, just to be sure. Your Donghae had never lied to you, you would like to believe he never would. He nodded.

"Yeah. I promised you that I would never leave you; I promised you countless times yet I left you. I left you over a reason even I don't remember. I made you hurt so much, I thought you wouldn't forgive me for breaking my promise..." he said. You could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"So you really didn't cheat on me..?" you asked.

"Never!" his eyes shot up to meet yours desperately as he grabbed your hands tightly. "I would never do that. I would never cheat on you. I would never betray you. You're my whole life; I wouldn't be able to live if I lost you, hurt you... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I even thought about that. You are the only one for me. You're the only person I see as a woman. I love you, my heart belongs only to you; baby please don't even think about that..." he basically pleaded.

"I know..." you slid off of the couch and wrapped your arms around him tightly. You sighed as you buried your face in his chest. You missed his warmth, his scent, his voice and his whole existence. "Don't make things seem worse than they are, do you know how scared I was? Idiot!" you whined.

"I'm sorry, baby; I'm so sorry..." he said as he pulled you closer to himself. You could feel his breath on your hair. It made everything better. He was like a dream. He was your whole life. "Do you forgive me for leaving so stupidly?"

"I didn't stop you either... I just watched. I didn't step out and tell you to stay. I'm the stupid one." you mumbled.

"I shouldn't have left in the first place." he insisted. You chuckled softly.

"We're both stupid... but next time, I'm not letting you go that easily." you said.

"There will be no next time." he said softly, then pulled back. "But don't try to kill yourself - why do you do dangerous stuff like that? You could have died! You could call someone from fire station and have them place it, why do you climb? Idiot!" he scolded.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think the branch would break..." you hid in his chest again. He sighed and cuddled you up in his arms. You felt soft pecks planted all over your skin.

"Also, what was that about being a single mother? It's not like we were trying for a baby..." he mumbled in the end. You felt yourself blush. You had been damn retarded today, you really had. You took a deep breath.

"Yeah, well, true but... I'm pregnant..." you mumbled. He stopped, pulled back and looked right at your face.

"What did you say?" he said softly, brows furrowed with confusion.

"I'm pregnant." you repeated. His eyes looked unfocused for a second then widened, then he yelled at your face, shocking you completely.

"IDIOT!! You know you're pregnant yet you still climb up there? What if something happened to our baby?! Stupid. Stupid!! We're going to a doctor right. Now. I can't believe you, really! How can you? To our baby!" he scolded then leaned in to your stomach and kissed it. "You have retarded parents; but please be alive." he whined. You couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're such a dork." you said. He shot up an angry pout at you. 

"I'll show you about dork if our baby is hurt." he huffed. 

"I'm sorry... it's ten weeks old, it's probably alright; but I'll be really really careful from now on." you said. 

"Damn right you'll be." he said and kissed your lips lovingly. "I'll flip out when I hear it's alright; not before." he purred. 

"Reasonable." you chuckled softly. You tried to get up when he stood up; but he swept you off your feet before you could even properly stand.

"Not allowed to walk, you." he said.

"Yah, Lee Donghae!" you scolded, but he stopped you.

"Ah-ah. You're grounded, young lady. And hurt. And pregnant. And why won't you just let me pamper you, seriously, sheesh!" he complained as he carried you to the hall, making you laugh. 

"Alright, fine, I said nothing!" you laughed, "I'm quite comfortable here like this."

"Good girl. Now get your coat." he grinned, "I wanna hear I'm gonna be a father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope you like this ending! i decided on Donghae cuz, well, one person said so xD it's not edited, i'm too lazy for that; tell me if you spot any mistakes and please comment, love you all!