Chocolate Truffles - my POV -

Short Stories - Starring: You

"She's cute, sometimes clumsy; but very clever. She's caring, she's soft and her smile can set everything at ease. But sometimes I think she's too innocent."

"Oh... sounds like a nice girl..."

"She won't even understand when I stand in front of her and confess to her. I want to hold her; but I can't either."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know... I just can't. I heard she has someone she likes."

"Poor boy..." you smiled and ruffled his hair. No, you weren't dull - or innocent like he's nicely said - enough not to notice he was talking about you. You just liked to make him think you were. Actually, he was the innocent one; too innocent for his own good. But he was just too cute when he was in love like that. You appreciated his existence even. You were thinking not to drag it out for much longer. 

"Actually, I burned my hand yesterday..." you trailed off, watched him get worried.

"Huh? How? Where?" he panicked and held your hand. You showed him the burn on the side of your index finger. 

"Here, this. I splashed chocolate on it when I dropped the spoon in the pot." you said. 

"You made chocolates?" he said, surprised. You smiled and nodded. Then chuckled apologetically.

"They weren't so good though. My sister cooks better than me." you said, then pulled your hand, "It's okay now, though, it doesn't hurt anymore." 

"Oh... good." he smiled after looking a little disappointed for one second, "Take good care of it, though; don't let it get infected."

"Do I look that silly from there?" you mocked him.

"Haha, sorry." he chuckled. Then there was a comfortable silence. You knew each other for long enough not to be disturbed by the silence. You checked your watch. 23:57.... just three minutes left... you looked at your hands and watched out the window until Donghae got up from leaning on the wall next to you and sat on the ledge. It wasn't dark outside, with the filming going on and all the lighting for it, it was almost as bright as day. The light coming behing him made it almost look like he was shining himself or was growing wings. You checked your watch again and grinned.

"Donghae, close your eyes for a bit?" you said. 

"Huh? Why?" he asked, surprised. 

"Just close them!" you urged him. He gave in and nodded, closed his eyes. You dug in your bag brought out a handmade, round, red box with a silver ribbon wrapped around it. It had your homemade truffles inside that you'd spent hours decorating and were proud of. You hugged the box for a second, then reached out your arms with the box securely in your hands.

"Happy Valentines day!" you beamed, it was exactly 00:00 right now. Donghae opened his eyes and looked at the box with shock. He hesitated to touch it for a second. You could see he was happy from his eyes. 

"Is this for me?" he asked you. You nodded happily. He gently took it from your hands, a big and cute smile forming on his face. "But isn't Valentines day tomorrow?" he asked.

You chuckled. You knew it was a little cheeky; but you couldn't hold back. You had to do this at least once, just to see his reaction.

"Well, it's past midnight; so technically it's February 14th." you explained, then grinned mischeviously, "What would it mean if I gave it to you after you received a truck load of chocolates your fans are gonna send you?"

"Yahh!! I'd appreciate it even if you gave it to me after I got in a chocolate coma." he said. You chuckled again.

"Aren't you gonna eat them? I worked so hard to make them." you said. He nodded and eagerly untied the silver ribbon, wrapped it around his hand and opened the cover of the box. You watched his expressions as he saw the contents of the box. There were fifteen round truffles inside, all with a different color and taste, and one bigger, heart-shaped truffle in the middle, decorated with a silver kanji of the word love on a sapphire base.

"How am I supposed to eat these?" he laughed excitedly, pulled out a truffle and raised it o his eye level, "Omo, you really made a truffle for each member, haha!" He had a white chocolate and raspberry truffle in his hand with a monkey drawn on it with dark chocolate. Yeah, you'd went ahead and done that. And you'd had so much fun, laughed so hard making them, you regretted nothing. 

"Here, there's a card too." you pointed to a little red card. He pulled it out gently, the thing looked so tiny in his hands. He looked at you for a while as if he had something to say before changing his mind and opening the card.

You watched his face change as he read the card. You'd thought so much on every word you wrote there, already memorized the words inside: your humble... no, cheeky confession. He chuckled a little reading, then when he finished, he raised his head and looked at you for the end that you hadn't written on the card.

"And you happen to be the person I love, Lee Donghae." you smiled. You saw the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. he put the card and the ribbon in the round box, closed the cover and put it on the ledge. He closed the distance between you in one step and hugged you tightly. You weren't prepared for this so your arms were glued to your sides, you could only put your hands over him lightly so you did it. 

"You're so evil." Donghae whined, "I thought it was an unrequited love for so long! Don't you have mercy?"

"I'm sorry. Did you hurt a lot?" you said, patting his back as much as you could. 

"Of course! It hurt a whole lot whenever-" he stopped abruptly and hugged you even tighter. You chuckled a little and pulled back. It felt like he didn't want to release you yet; but he loosened his arms enough for you to move freely. You reached out and wiped his tears. He chuckled while crying. You smiled at him. It had been really fun messing with him all this time; but you felt so guilty right now. 

"I'm sorry, I really am. Can I make it up to you?" you said sweetly. 

"With a little effort, yes..." he said, then leaned in and kissed you. Your eyes automatically closed just as your arms wrapping around his neck on their own. You kissed him back, just as soft as him; he was kissing you like you were a crystal flower that might break if he wasn't careful enough. You smiled into the kiss. He broke the kiss, his lips still lingered just above yours. 

"I love you. Though you already know it." he whispered into your lips. You leaned in and kissed him again. You were sure you would never have a valentines day as good as this one in your lifetime again. Starting from the first seconds of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry if i >_< i tried writing this because Jacque requested a valentines day fic with Haefish and i had some time in my hands so... but i have no time left so i can't check it, edit it, correct the story and so. and i don't want to stall it. so i wanna be brave. here you go!

hope you liked the chapter. please do comment BECAUSE COMMENTS ARE LOVE AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! >w<

take care~