Festival Part 1

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV  

 

The next morning Sana woke up in her unchanged clothes.

 

That’s right…she ended up falling asleep last night crying. She sighed, sitting up stretching.

 

Thank god it was Saturday, meaning that she would get a break from everything. A break was something that she needed.


She walked downstairs, ruffling her disheveled hair. Opening the fridge, she found some milk, it wasn’t the best thing, but it was enough.

 

She grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal, followed by the carton of milk. She munched on the big spoonful’s she took until it was all gone.

 

She started to wash the dishes when she heard a knock, turning the faucet off she dragged her tired legs to the front door wondering who could possibly be trying to visit her right now. It was probably one of those advertisment sale people who tried to sell their products.

 

 But she was wrong, she opened the door an unamused look appeared on her face seeing the person in front of her and she immediately shut it.

 

“Oh come on Sana!” She heard her best friend holler from the other side.

 

“Momo, it is Saturday. Why do I have to see you? Can’t I get a break?” She hollered back.

 

Obviously she didn’t mean it. She just couldn’t deal with any more of the stress that the clueless girl was putting her through.

 

“You really don’t want to see me?” Momo’s questioned.

 

“NOPE!” Sana quickly quipped back at her.

 

No. Of course I do.

 

“And what if I told you I want to see you? Are you still gonna say you don’t want to see me?” Momo answered back, making the other girl's heart soft again within a second.

 

Sana opened the door slowly, looking at the happy girl in front of her. She mumbled, trying to hold in her excitement, “So, you wanted to see me?” She knew it was as friends, but the words were still special to her.

 

Momo smiled, pulling a simple flower that she probably picked from the lawn out from behind her back, “I really did. You’re my best friend Sana. I know my problems have been sort of a handful for you lately and I want to make it up to you today.”

 

Sana nodded, taking the flower and pushed the door open to let the girl in. “Oh, and I promise that I won’t talk about those things today. Today is about you!”

 

Sana raised an eyebrow, “Really? Why? What favor do you need this time?”

 

Momo laughed waving her hands back and forth, “No favor, just want to say thank you. For what you’re doing for me.”

 

Sana raised her eyebrow more, eyeing the girl, not believing her.

 

“HONEST!” Momo chuckled raising her voice to convince the other that she didn’t have an ulterior motive.

 

Sana laughed, “Just making sure haha. So what did you have in mind?”

 

“Well today is your day, so you pick.” Momo smiled sitting on the couch.

 

“Hmm, oh yeah! Didn’t that festival start today?” Sana smiled excitement running through her veins, when she remembered seeing a flyer about it. She loved festivals, aside from the crowd. They always had the most enjoyable activites to do.

 

“Ohhhh yeahh!” Momo also displayed her excitement. “Want to go do that?”

 

Sana nodded, “Yes! Just let me get changed first!”

 

“You look fine like that.” Momo joked.

 

“Momo if you couldn’t tell this is what I wore to school yesterday.” Sana looked at her unimpressed.

 

“I know, I’m kidding. Take your time.”

 

Sana shook her head, and went upstairs to change.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After about 30 minutes, Momo began to get bored, “Sana! Are you almost done!” She shouted from the couch.

 

“I’m done!” Sana shouted back causing Momo to get off the couch.

 

“Good, it’s about time!” Momo walked towards the staircase and heard Sana’s footsteps coming closer.

 

Momo groaning looked up, “Making me wait so lon—” Her sentence came to a halt when she looked at Sana walking down the staircase.

 

Sana was wearing a black leather jacket, and a white crop top with denim blue jeans.

 

(Sana's outfit)

 

Momo looked at her best friend, walking down the stairs, her slightly curled hair bounced with each step. Sana was smiling at her. She felt something weird in her stomach, but she knew it couldn’t be butterflies, she only got those with Mina. But still, something inside felt funny, like she was nervous to look at Sana.

 

“Sorry about the wait.” Sana was now next to Momo.

 

After a long pause of awkward silence Sana laughed breaking the atmosphere, “Earth to Momo.”

 

Momo snapped herself out of her thoughts, “Hmm?”

 

Sana tilted her head, “You were really quiet for a long time, does my outfit look bad?”

 

Momo shook her head, “No, uh it doesn’t look bad, but now I feel underdressed.” Momo laughed. Looking down at her own outfit.

 

(Momo's outfit)

 

Sana chuckled looking at Momo, “You’re fine, I think you look nice, and since my outfit isn’t bad what’s the problem?”

 

“Don’t you think you’re revealing a bit too much skin?” Momo whispered.

 

“It's like showing a inch of my stomach, and since when were you one to care about how I dressed myself?” Sana laughed, walking to the door.

 

Momo followed behind, “Well, I’m just being a pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter