Tryouts

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

When Sana arrived at the gym she found Mina by one of the lockers, smiling when she saw her. It was weird. Mina was acting like they were best friends already or something. But Sana couldn’t be mean, especially when technically aside from the fact that Momo likes Mina, she didn’t do anything wrong.


“Hey.” Sana greeted.

 

“Hey!” Mina enthusiastically said. “Here,” She handed the clothes to Sana. “wear these then come to the field.”

 

“Okay.” Sana nodded. “See you there.” 

 

With that Mina ran out of the locker rooms and left Sana there to change.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After she changed she went out to the field to the cheerleaders. She felt anxious. Never in her life would she imagine that she would be trying out to be a cheerleader. Now look what happened, she’s trying out.

 

She noticed Mina and stood next to her because despite them not knowing that much about each other she was the only one that she felt most comfortable with.

 

She noticed the soccer players on the field a certain someone catching her attention. She watched in awe as the soccer players did their daily routines and work outs.

 

“Hot isn’t it?” Mina stated.

 

“What the weather? Not really.” Sana said in a half laugh.

 

“No not the weather,” Mina laughed, “Them.” She looked at the soccer players.

 

“Oh that. I guess.” Sana shrugged forgetting that Momo was supposed to be her fake girlfriend.

 

Mina raised an eyebrow at her. “So you’re telling me you don’t find your girlfriend working out and getting sweaty hot?”

 

“OH!” Sana exaggerated remembering that she had to pretend that she was Momo’s girlfriend. “Of course I find Momo hot! I thought you meant the other people.” Sana laughed nervously.

 

Mina shook her head laughing at the girl.

 

And Sana imagined herself wiping imaginary nervous sweats away from her head from almost slipping up. Luckily she played it off. If not people probably would have found it weird that she didnt think her "girlfriend" working out was "hot".

 

“Okay, So!” The cheerleading captain Nayeon called. “Everyone’s attention!” She clapped her hand. “Those here for try-outs please line up.”

 

Sana immediately went to the line, feeling her stomach turn a bit due to nervousness.

 

“The first drill are some sprints back and forth just to see your stamina, then we are going to follow up with some stretches to see your flexibility, then I want to see how well you guys can shout and chant, understood?” The leader blew the whistle signaling them to do sprints.

 

Now Sana wasn’t the most athletic person, she was average at running, or more like a little less than average. But she gave it her best.

 

Next was flexibility, she wasn’t great at this either but the stuff they asked her to do wasn’t as hard and she completed it easily, earning a nod from Mina in approval.

 

Lastly was the yell test. “As a cheerleader, when its time to cheer you obviously have to be loud.”

 

"So I want each of you individually to stand up here and follow the chant."

 

Each individual went up to do it, and by the time Sana was almost up she saw the soccer players approaching the bench to take their break not too far away from where she was.

 

In an instant she saw Momo, all sweaty bits of hair out of place. She was indeed attractive, too attractive. Attractive enough to steal her attention resulting in Mina nudging Sana forward for it was her turn.

 

She saw Momo and the soccer players look over, it didn’t help. It only made her more nervous. She wanted to honestly curl up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter